Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

***Official President Joe Biden Thread***

5 hours ago, sho nuff said:

Man...Biden is going to spend spend spend.  Oh wait, he is actually being fiscally responsible about Student Loan debt.  Really...going to criticize him for something that is seemingly very unpopular from most on this board?

And Immigration policy does need reform. 

It's all they have right now.  Quite sad.

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

So nice to have sanity back at the helm

That goes to show just how lucky we have it as middle upper class white dudes.  But, sitting Presidents have affected the lives of non middle upper class white dudes.  So, it's about time we try

Joe Biden has won this election so many times he is now the 67th president of the United States.

HOUSTON – A federal judge late Tuesday indefinitely banned President Joe Biden's administration from enforcing a 100-day moratorium on most deportations.

U.S. District Judge Drew Tipton issued a preliminary injunction sought by Texas, which argued the moratorium violated federal law and risked imposing additional costs on the state.

8 minutes ago, Mr.Pack said:

Gas prices up over $.50/gallon since he took office, they'll be over $3 soon.

Go Joe go!

It’s almost as though actually having a plan to fight the pandemic leads the people who actually control the price of oil to be a bit more optimistic than this time last year.

• Laughing 1
Just now, Kal El said:

It’s almost as though actually having a plan to fight the pandemic leads the people who actually control the price of oil to be a bit more optimistic than this time last year.

Isn't oil traded on the spot market requiring immediate delivery, therefore future optimism/pessimism only impact futures trades, not present day price? 

7 minutes ago, Shula-holic said:

Isn't oil traded on the spot market requiring immediate delivery, therefore future optimism/pessimism only impact futures trades, not present day price? 

I have no idea, I never truly managed to follow stocks.

8 hours ago, Shula-holic said:

Gas futures trading is a large part of pricing we see day to day.  There's a reason gas prices didn't drop to sub $1 a gallon when the going rate for crude oil was in the "I'll pay you to take it off my hands" range a few months ago.

2 minutes ago, The Commish said:

Gas futures trading is a large part of pricing we see day to day.  There's a reason gas prices didn't drop to sub $1 a gallon when the going rate for crude oil was in the "I'll pay you to take it off my hands" range a few months ago.

I do miss the days where I could fill both tanks on my old F-150 for $30. It costs that much now to fill my gas tank that carries half as much gas.

3 hours ago, Kal El said:

I do miss the days where I could fill both tanks on my old F-150 for $30. It costs that much now to fill my gas tank that carries half as much gas.

Just glad we are back to gas prices being a controversial topic...first world problems right?  Its the little things. :lol:

• Laughing 1
3 hours ago, The Commish said:

Well, that actually has more to do with refineries.  Obviously there is added cost to just taking delivery of crude to getting it into gasoline and then transported to the station.

• Like 1
35 minutes ago, Shula-holic said:

Well, that actually has more to do with refineries.  Obviously there is added cost to just taking delivery of crude to getting it into gasoline and then transported to the station.

I thought it was all part of the "futures" trading, no?

8 minutes ago, The Commish said:

I thought it was all part of the "futures" trading, no?

Yes it can be, that is how we did have those negative futures contracts awhile back.  There was simply nowhere to refine or store the product due to low demand.  However the cost never got what I'd call extremely low at the pump due to refining and delivery/transportation costs.  I have a friend who owns a Chevron station, he pays spot price on his deliveries.  Obviously all those costs are mixed into what he ultimately pays when that tanker pulls into his place.

2 hours ago, Summer Wheat said:

Russia miffed about Bidens bombing raid.     Said their troops did not have enough warning and could have been caught in the crossfire leading to a conflict.

Here’s the issue with that: if they have too much lead time, somebody’s going to squeal to the intended target, then it’s a waste of a run.

14 hours ago, Kal El said:

Say what now?

3 hours ago, NorvilleBarnes said:

Biden visits Texas LINK

Not looking good. I so wish he had just retired in 2016 as the cool VP to a very popular President. This is very sad.

:shrug:  "This visit isn't about me, so let me share the names of the local officials and give them credit, even though I don't know them all well."

15 hours ago, Kal El said:

Oil prices are increasing because the world is reopening and people are getting vaccinated. Therefore demand has increased. They have finally gotten back near their pre-crisis levels. Thanks Biden!

Edited by Desert_Power
32 minutes ago, Desert_Power said:

Oil prices are increasing because the world is reopening and people are getting vaccinated. Therefore demand has increased. They have finally gotten back near their pre-crisis levels. Thanks Biden!

That’s more or less what I was implying, you explained it better.

1 hour ago, Mr.Pack said:

Say what now?

You know, like having a plan that continues vaccinations on the same ramp up trajectory already in place by Trump but setting a super low bar you will easily clear and your blind loyal folllowers are ecstatic?

• Like 1
  • Laughing 1
6 hours ago, Shula-holic said:

Yes it can be, that is how we did have those negative futures contracts awhile back.  There was simply nowhere to refine or store the product due to low demand.  However the cost never got what I'd call extremely low at the pump due to refining and delivery/transportation costs.  I have a friend who owns a Chevron station, he pays spot price on his deliveries.  Obviously all those costs are mixed into what he ultimately pays when that tanker pulls into his place.

:thanks: 

33 minutes ago, sho nuff said:

Why would it be concerning?  Because he had trouble with a few names of people he probably didn't really know but wanted to thank them?

No, it’s clearly full blown dementia and Alzheimer’s combined somehow.

Seriously, everybody has trouble with names at some point, and considering how many people he interacts with, someone’s bound to slip through the cracks.

• Like 1
2 hours ago, sho nuff said:

Why would it be concerning?  Because he had trouble with a few names of people he probably didn't really know but wanted to thank them?

Hey I voted for Joe.   Joe is POTUS. I also realize he is pushing 80 and in a stressful demanding job.  If you think he is 100% that is up to you as he is obviously not.  We can both support Joe and admit he is not quite as sharp.

I would not say it is dementia but maybe just the natural aging process.

• Like 1
9 minutes ago, Summer Wheat said:

Hey I voted for Joe.   Joe is POTUS. I also realize he is pushing 80 and in a stressful demanding job.  If you think he is 100% that is up to you as he is obviously not.  We can both support Joe and admit he is not quite as sharp.

100% of himself at a younger age.  Nope.  But there is a difference between 100% and it being concerning.

• Laughing 1
17 minutes ago, Summer Wheat said:

It’s concerning to see, hopefully he can make it through the next 4 and keep it together. 

Pretty meh so far but he’s at least classy and working hard. I can’t get the least bit bothered by stumbling over some names and being tired visiting a disaster site. He’s not at all the ideal person for this job but we just need basic functionality at this point. Eventually the Democrats need to their act together and actually accomplish something though.

• Like 2
13 hours ago, bcat01 said:

Joe was going to take questions at a virtual event and the White House cut the feed before he could.

Nance didn’t want him to take questions 

On 3/1/2021 at 3:00 PM, Ilov80s said:

Pretty meh so far but he’s at least classy and working hard. I can’t get the least bit bothered by stumbling over some names and being tired visiting a disaster site. He’s not at all the ideal person for this job but we just need basic functionality at this point. Eventually the Democrats need to their act together and actually accomplish something though.

I agree.  Joe is like the interim manager or coach on a sports team.  Keep the seat warm for the next person.

Probably should do all the pressers first thing in the morning when he is fresh as most of his blunders seem later in the day when he looks tired and get confused.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, HellToupee said:
14 hours ago, bcat01 said:

Joe was going to take questions at a virtual event and the White House cut the feed before he could.

Nance didn’t want him to take questions 

OOF

• Like 1
43 minutes ago, kodycutter said:

He won the election, why is he continuing the basement biden approach?     

get used to it.

18 hours ago, kodycutter said:

He won the election, why is he continuing the basement biden approach?     

Not sure.  They are probably just trying to limit his exposure.