What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***Official President Joe Biden Thread*** BEST EVER! (1 Viewer)

My claim before you butted in with your Seattle nonsense. 

Fine there are many states worse than us, congrats, my point. 
Seattle nonsense? I was helping you not be misinformed. 

We are number 1. You should be proud of our leadership, the steps and sacrifices that we have taken to achieve this. We are leaps and bounds ahead of other big cities, not just blue coastal cities or whatever you said.

Still not sure your point.

Can you believe that - he practised for two weeks and all he had to do is read it off a teleprompter.   I guess he can still read, but, he has no idea how the sentences he is saying go together and still mish mashed words a bunch of times.   :crazy:
I wouldn't go that far. 

President Biden addressed the nation this week after Congress passed a $1.9 trillion stimulus package; praising the proposal that cleared both the House and the Senate. 

“I mean that literally… Put patriotism and public health first… Your company been working, closely, with, the man you’ve both privately, uh, whoever, uh, been bragged about,” said Biden at the White House.

I wouldn't go that far. 

President Biden addressed the nation this week after Congress passed a $1.9 trillion stimulus package; praising the proposal that cleared both the House and the Senate. 

“I mean that literally… Put patriotism and public health first… Your company been working, closely, with, the man you’ve both privately, uh, whoever, uh, been bragged about,” said Biden at the White House.
Ol’ Joe TCOB’ing.

Vaccines getting passed out like TicTacs, getting stimulus passed, Stock Market at all time highs. Guy is going Beastmode.

Maybe Donald can read his journal airing his grievances at the next CPAC circus or perhaps on the Shopping Network when he’s hawking Jan 6th Insurrection Commemorative Plates.
Apparently he sent out a press release that looked like one of his tweets, trying to take credit for the response to COVID, or something like that. The correct term for the response we saw would be “blame,” as in “he deserves most of the blame for the poor response we got to the virus.”

That said, Biden can keep stumbling over words, as long as he can keep at least trying to right the proverbial ship.

The Dems just passed a 1.9 Trillion stimulus package alone. I’d assume we could look there for a message.
That we can’t deliver on the timeline we promised and you won’t see your check until after vaccinations? Awesome? :lmao:

Man you guys are desperate to push your fake narrative, so interesting to watch. 

Apparently he sent out a press release that looked like one of his tweets, trying to take credit for the response to COVID, or something like that. The correct term for the response we saw would be “blame,” as in “he deserves most of the blame for the poor response we got to the virus.”

That said, Biden can keep stumbling over words, as long as he can keep at least trying to right the proverbial ship.
Joe did OK.   My wife kept saying. "Wow he really looks old and fragile tonight"  I said well that is because he is.  I think overall he gave the messege the masses wanted to hear though and that is his job. A few times he came across more as pleading or begging instead of just being direct but I blame that on whoever wrote the speech.  Really wish it ended and cut off before it showed him walking away. That did not look good.

That we can’t deliver on the timeline we promised and you won’t see your check until after vaccinations? Awesome? :lmao:

Man you guys are desperate to push your fake narrative, so interesting to watch. 
The timeline for vaccines and stimulus checks is fast as possible. No clue what you are talking about.

You asked about an agenda. The agenda is get past Covid and return to normal. The stimulus had a lot of other things in it that you can also look to. I’m sure you will find other stuff in there to complain about, but it will be new material for you as Dems (and a growing number of Republicans) just use Don as a punchline pretty much at this point.

When you hide in the basement the first 2 months of your Presidency that’s going to happen. I’m just glad to see he was ok, although he looked quite fragile. I hope he can hang in there.  
Vaccines available by May, stimulus passed, stock market all time highs.  :coffee:

Exactly, so why would he bring it up outside of scare tactics?
Because it’s probably a good idea to avoid it as much as possible until after vaccinated.

There’s a motorcycle rally in Florida that’s expecting hundreds of thousands Smart!

If you haven’t yet Google a bit about this Brazilian strain P-1 that we are just starting to see in the US. 

Because it’s probably a good idea to avoid it as much as possible until after vaccinated.

There’s a motorcycle rally in Florida that’s expecting hundreds of thousands Smart!

If you haven’t yet Google a bit about this Brazilian strain P-1 that we are just starting to see in the US. 
If the state says it’s legal, then what’s the problem?  Not saying I would go, but we can’t stay closed forever 

If the state says it’s legal, then what’s the problem?  Not saying I would go, but we can’t stay closed forever 
It just slows down how much longer this will take for the rest of us. But yes people can do whatever they like. Pretty awesome of them, hope they enjoy their meetup. 

He’s about to go on the road, traveling all over the country. As usual this whole shtick of Biden being old and tired is nonsensical. Grandpa has got more energy than guys half his age.  Nobody is buying it. Come up with something else. 
When do you think his first solo press conference will be?

There are blue and red states doing well in vaccine rollout - MA, VT, CT, NM and ND, SD, AK and red and blue states doing poorly DC, NV and AL, TN etc.

There is no reason to couch this rollout in blue/bad red/good or blue/good red/bad

Exactly, so why would he bring it up outside of scare tactics?
I can think of several reasons:

1. July 4th is a big deal to our nation but especially in D.C. - making a spectacle of Covid "success" on July 4th fits a narrative most Presidents would jump on

2. It helps encourage folks on the fence to get the vaccine.

3. It reminds folks to be vigilant in the last couple months before we should be mostly normal

I'm sure there's an element of scare tactics but honestly I'm ok with that being a reason too - too many people still not taking things serious and <insert Winston Wolfe quote here>.

I can think of several reasons:

1. July 4th is a big deal to our nation but especially in D.C. - making a spectacle of Covid "success" on July 4th fits a narrative most Presidents would jump on

2. It helps encourage folks on the fence to get the vaccine.

3. It reminds folks to be vigilant in the last couple months before we should be mostly normal

I'm sure there's an element of scare tactics but honestly I'm ok with that being a reason too - too many people still not taking things serious and <insert Winston Wolfe quote here>.
Folks. You’re even starting to sound like him.  :lmao:

There are blue and red states doing well in vaccine rollout - MA, VT, CT, NM and ND, SD, AK and red and blue states doing poorly DC, NV and AL, TN etc.

There is no reason to couch this rollout in blue/bad red/good or blue/good red/bad
Not sure the metric on TN doing poorly other than possibly percentage.

I will say my own experience was very smooth.  Last Friday they announced they were opening up from just 65+, to 18 and over with other conditions (obesity, diabetics, asthma and so on).  Having high blood pressure and asthma, I qualified.  Website was a bit wonky first think monday as it opened up...but within a half hour I was in, had an appointment for Wednesday.  Nashville itself doing it quite well IMO.  Had instructions to park at the newer convention center, signs and all showing where to park and walk in...people checking in were quick and courteous.  People all along the way instructing people where they needed to go.  Plenty of space to keep distanced...and they were moving people in and out quite efficiently.  I was in and out in about a half hour...give or take a few minutes (including the 15 minutes waiting after the shot).  Had friends who said the same thing there and my MIL in Knoxville had a smooth time through both of her shots.

Some things don`t make sense.  We can say Brazilian strain, South African strain, UK strain but not allowed to say Chinese strain...that is just plain COVID-19.

Some things don`t make sense.  We can say Brazilian strain, South African strain, UK strain but not allowed to say Chinese strain...that is just plain COVID-19.
I have no medical training and am just a dope listening to podcasts and news but The Daily podcast had a dude on this week who has been a great resource throughout all this talking about this Brazilian strain being the one to be concerned about.

Hopefully it will not be an issue, likely won’t, but it definitely gave me pause listening to him discuss the dangers of it and the unknown. It is in the US now.

We would be allowed to say Chinese strain if the only intention was to describe the virus itself. But we all know the former president was using that term in a way to not just describe the virus

Users who are viewing this thread