Jump to content
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

***Official President Joe Biden Thread***


SHIZNITTTT

Recommended Posts

2 minutes ago, FairWarning said:

It's not me as much as customer confidence.  Also seasonal businesses have to make some pretty tough decisions in the next couple of weeks involving July 4.  Summer selling for me ends basically the first week of August now, so yes, Memorial Day would have been far better to aim for.  

@FairWarning, I expect Biden and everyone else would love to see things opened up by Memorial Day.  I understand your dilemma in terms of making decisions for the summer (e.g., 'do I hire summer workers if the first month+ of summer will be slow?').  But your comments aren't framed in that sort of narrative - what I'm hearing from you is just a continual bashing on Biden ...despite the fact that he is prioritizing a full-on attack against COVID.  

I don't suspect you'd be very happy if Biden had targeted Memorial Day ...but then missed, for whatever reasons.  It's just a tough situation all the way around.  For you and others, I hope we're in pretty good shape by Memorial Day.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 minutes ago, tri-man 47 said:

@FairWarning, I expect Biden and everyone else would love to see things opened up by Memorial Day.  I understand your dilemma in terms of making decisions for the summer (e.g., 'do I hire summer workers if the first month+ of summer will be slow?').  But your comments aren't framed in that sort of narrative - what I'm hearing from you is just a continual bashing on Biden ...despite the fact that he is prioritizing a full-on attack against COVID.  

I don't suspect you'd be very happy if Biden had targeted Memorial Day ...but then missed, for whatever reasons.  It's just a tough situation all the way around.  For you and others, I hope we're in pretty good shape by Memorial Day.  

I want him to do well, we cannot afford for him not to.   My frustrations should be aimed more at Nit-Whitmer. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, FairWarning said:

I want him to do well, we cannot afford for him not to.   My frustrations should be aimed more at Nit-Whitmer. 

I was born and raised in Grand Rapids, with family and a summer cottage still in the area, so I keep an eye on Michigan dynamics (you might have seen that Betsy DeVos was a buddy of mine at Calvin College).  I will say that Whitmer has not impressed me, from what I've seen at a distance.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 minutes ago, tri-man 47 said:

I was born and raised in Grand Rapids, with family and a summer cottage still in the area, so I keep an eye on Michigan dynamics (you might have seen that Betsy DeVos was a buddy of mine at Calvin College).  I will say that Whitmer has not impressed me, from what I've seen at a distance.

I’m in that area a lot, it has really grown in the last 20 years from GR to Holland.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 3/12/2021 at 3:11 PM, FairWarning said:

Those numbers surprise me, wonder what the breakdown of HOR/Senate was.  

In each of those, all three branches were held by respective party.  I do think Biden's case is a bit unique in that everybody and their brother saw how badly the previous admin botched things and how relatively easy it was to get money in the hands of people.  It's rather easy to pass a bill when well over 70% of the country wants it passed.  The other two were battles over ACA and the tax cuts to business and the rich.  Neither of those had support from the country like this did.

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

54 minutes ago, The Commish said:

In each of those, all three branches were held by respective party.  I do think Biden's case is a bit unique in that everybody and their brother saw how badly the previous admin botched things and how relatively easy it was to get money in the hands of people.  It's rather easy to pass a bill when well over 70% of the country wants it passed.  The other two were battles over ACA and the tax cuts to business and the rich.  Neither of those had support from the country like this did.

Because people are dumb, that is why this passed.  Trump did himself no favors either.  
 

thanks for looking it up.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, FairWarning said:

Because people are dumb, that is why this passed.  Trump did himself no favors either.  
 

thanks for looking it up.  

I don't think it's because they are dumb.  I think it's because they are desperate.  Take the crumbs they give you or don't.  Those are the options.  Might be different if there'd been support all along but think of it this way.  As a waiter/waitress/retail cashier/retail worker whatever....is less than $5000 over the course of a year put directly in your pocket going to be sufficient?  I don't include unemployment here because not everyone has gotten their unemployment.  The only GUARANTEED money to individuals were those direct payments.  It's disgusting.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

38 minutes ago, The Commish said:

I don't think it's because they are dumb.  I think it's because they are desperate.  Take the crumbs they give you or don't.  Those are the options.  Might be different if there'd been support all along but think of it this way.  As a waiter/waitress/retail cashier/retail worker whatever....is less than $5000 over the course of a year put directly in your pocket going to be sufficient?  I don't include unemployment here because not everyone has gotten their unemployment.  The only GUARANTEED money to individuals were those direct payments.  It's disgusting.

Yes, you're correct.  The dumb part was all of the add-ons but the masses don't care about them as the rent is due.  Our government throwing out crumbs.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, FairWarning said:

Yes, you're correct.  The dumb part was all of the add-ons but the masses don't care about them as the rent is due.  Our government throwing out crumbs.

Should be rather transparent that add ons are the ONLY way they will get their priorities pushed.  They are third graders who can't communicate beyond, "you're the poopy head".  And I wouldn't say we don't care about them.  Several of them are infrastructure related, right?  There's a thread here full of ideas on that topic that share agreement by both the "sides" and a lot of the rest of us.  Only because they are wrapped into a bill that, when passed, makes a particular side look better than the other do we seem to "care" about budgets.  It's completely amazing to watch the feigned outrage all around about the spending.  It was just a couple months ago that the Dems threw out $2K stimulus, no other strings attached" just like what the GOP is claiming they want this moment and the GOP said no.  If anyone is defending these yahoos they're part of the problem IMO.  They're being played and they don't care.  I can't take those people seriously.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, The Commish said:

Should be rather transparent that add ons are the ONLY way they will get their priorities pushed.  They are third graders who can't communicate beyond, "you're the poopy head".  And I wouldn't say we don't care about them.  Several of them are infrastructure related, right?  There's a thread here full of ideas on that topic that share agreement by both the "sides" and a lot of the rest of us.  Only because they are wrapped into a bill that, when passed, makes a particular side look better than the other do we seem to "care" about budgets.  It's completely amazing to watch the feigned outrage all around about the spending.  It was just a couple months ago that the Dems threw out $2K stimulus, no other strings attached" just like what the GOP is claiming they want this moment and the GOP said no.  If anyone is defending these yahoos they're part of the problem IMO.  They're being played and they don't care.  I can't take those people seriously.

I get it, even Trump was for it.  No idea why Mitch decided against it.  I've seen the bait and switch for too long from both sides, its tiring.  The R's included a bunch of add-ons after 9-11 that were controversial.   To me, add-ons mean they are too weak to pass on their own.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 hours ago, FairWarning said:

I get it, even Trump was for it.  No idea why Mitch decided against it.  I've seen the bait and switch for too long from both sides, its tiring.  The R's included a bunch of add-ons after 9-11 that were controversial.   To me, add-ons mean they are too weak to pass on their own.  

This is pretty simple.  He wanted to make sure companies were protected from forcing their employees to come to work in these conditions, catching it, then the employee dying or getting really sick.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

19 minutes ago, The Commish said:

This is pretty simple.  He wanted to make sure companies were protected from forcing their employees to come to work in these conditions, catching it, then the employee dying or getting really sick.

As someone who was “forced somewhat” to work, can’t agree with Mitch’s stance.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

22 minutes ago, NorvilleBarnes said:

Looks like Biden is planning "First Major Federal Tax Hike" in 30 years. 

Can't say we're surprised since he did warn us when he was campaigning.

The devil is in the details. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

21 minutes ago, NorvilleBarnes said:

Looks like Biden is planning "First Major Federal Tax Hike" in 30 years. 

Can't say we're surprised since he did warn us when he was campaigning.

We are a fiscally irresponsible society and our representatives have behaved accordingly, so of course taxes need to be raised.

  • Like 2
  • Laughing 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Why won`t Biden answer questions when getting off the chopper?  Took one question with a quick answer and just walked away from reporters. 

That is one thing about Trump I enjoyed is that he would spend 30 minutes before or after chopper rides taking all questions.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Summer Wheat said:

Why won`t Biden answer questions when getting off the chopper?  Took one question with a quick answer and just walked away from reporters. 

That is one thing about Trump I enjoyed is that he would spend 30 minutes before or after chopper rides taking all questions.

I don't value hearing what the president has to say 30 minutes or 75 tweets per day. I think a president's time would be better served doing hundreds of other things with that time. 

Edited by MAC_32
  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Summer Wheat said:

Why won`t Biden answer questions when getting off the chopper?  Took one question with a quick answer and just walked away from reporters. 

That is one thing about Trump I enjoyed is that he would spend 30 minutes before or after chopper rides taking all questions.

I do miss the comedy value.

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 hours ago, MAC_32 said:

We are a fiscally irresponsible society and our representatives have behaved accordingly, so of course taxes need to be raised.

This.  I wish somebody would just come out and say we need $x to run the country and fund the maintenance items like infrastructure and pay down the debt.

and then a tax system to make it work.  If I got to pay more, I’ll pay.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 hours ago, Summer Wheat said:

Why won`t Biden answer questions when getting off the chopper?  Took one question with a quick answer and just walked away from reporters. 

That is one thing about Trump I enjoyed is that he would spend 30 minutes before or after chopper rides taking all questions.

Trump's chopper questions and answers were usually laughable.  More of his boastful crap and lies.  It was like Twitter: Live on Stage.

Why would anyone do that?  Nothing Id expect from him.

And yes, I think he should have a few regular press conferences though.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, sho nuff said:

Trump's chopper questions and answers were usually laughable.  More of his boastful crap and lies.  It was like Twitter: Live on Stage.

Why would anyone do that?  Nothing Id expect from him.

And yes, I think he should have a few regular press conferences though.

I did not say anything about Trumps answers.   I just like the fact that he was accessable and would like Biden to be more accessable.   We hardly ever see him or hear him.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Summer Wheat said:

I did not say anything about Trumps answers.   I just like the fact that he was accessable and would like Biden to be more accessable.   We hardly ever see him or hear him.

Id like him more accessible by regular PC yes.

But I also don't confuse lying constantly with being accessible.  His chopper Q&A sessions were a joke.  That isn't real access if you aren't getting the truth ever.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 hours ago, MAC_32 said:

I don't value hearing what the president has to say 30 minutes or 75 tweets per day. I think a president's time would be better served doing hundreds of other things with that time. 

I agree but 10-15 minutes off the cuff would be nice just to actually hear his thoughts once in awhile. Obama and Bush usually stood and talked to reporters.  Not as long as Trump did but they were much more accessable.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, sho nuff said:

Id like him more accessible by regular PC yes.

But I also don't confuse lying constantly with being accessible.  His chopper Q&A sessions were a joke.  That isn't real access if you aren't getting the truth ever.

Again, nothing to do with the content.   And with Trump you know darn well he believed what he was saying.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, Summer Wheat said:

Again, nothing to do with the content.   And with Trump you know darn well he believed what he was saying.

I think the content does matter if you are bringing up accessibility or transparency.  Id rather he ignores them than stands up and lies for 30 minutes.  I don't care if Trump believed it or not...

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, sho nuff said:

I think the content does matter if you are bringing up accessibility or transparency.  Id rather he ignores them than stands up and lies for 30 minutes.  I don't care if Trump believed it or not...

I know..but this is not about Trump.  It is about Biden.  It looked like he was totally avoiding being asked any type of questions.  If that is the case why have reporters there at all?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, Summer Wheat said:

I know..but this is not about Trump.  It is about Biden.  It looked like he was totally avoiding being asked any type of questions.  If that is the case why have reporters there at all?

Except it was brought up as why didn't he act like Trump with the helicopter chats.

Reporters show up everywhere POTUS comes and goes hoping to get a question in and get photographs and video.

Not sure if they are asked to be there by the administration or just told when he would be coming and going so they show up.

Again...I agree he should take questions in a real setting. I don't think coming and going from Marine 1 is the best time to do so.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, Summer Wheat said:

I did not say anything about Trumps answers.   I just like the fact that he was accessible and would like Biden to be more accessible.   We hardly ever see him or hear him.

I agree.  For Biden, it might be cringeworthy in a different way than it was with Trump.  But, still, Joe signed up for the job, and it'd be nice if he were more visible and responsive.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

42 minutes ago, sho nuff said:

Except it was brought up as why didn't he act like Trump with the helicopter chats.

Reporters show up everywhere POTUS comes and goes hoping to get a question in and get photographs and video.

Not sure if they are asked to be there by the administration or just told when he would be coming and going so they show up.

Again...I agree he should take questions in a real setting. I don't think coming and going from Marine 1 is the best time to do so.

Obama , Bush and Trump did so is it part of the routine?  I get it, if Joe does not want to be questioned unprepared they should not allow media in so it does like look like he is ducking them,   

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, Summer Wheat said:

Obama , Bush and Trump did so is it part of the routine?  I get it, if Joe does not want to be questioned unprepared they should not allow media in so it does like look like he is ducking them,   

Reuters just reported that Biden will hold a formal press conference on the afternoon of March 25th at the White House.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

23 hours ago, Summer Wheat said:

Why won`t Biden answer questions when getting off the chopper?  Took one question with a quick answer and just walked away from reporters. 

That is one thing about Trump I enjoyed is that he would spend 30 minutes before or after chopper rides taking all questions.

He's busy.  Busy man.  He doesn't have time to tweet, watch TV or take questions while going from  A to B.  He's working....working man.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

40 minutes ago, Thunderlips said:

He's busy.  Busy man.  He doesn't have time to tweet, watch TV or take questions while going from  A to B.  He's working....working man.  

I don`t care bout tweeting, don`t care about TV..just want to hear the President..he was just standing around doing nothing so talk to us. I want to hear from Joe more.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

29 minutes ago, Summer Wheat said:

I don`t care bout tweeting, don`t care about TV..just want to hear the President..he was just standing around doing nothing so talk to us. I want to hear from Joe more.

Meh.  Time is money.  The Comeback Kid is busy getting things done. He's not trying to sell his brand.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

45 minutes ago, Thunderlips said:

Meh.  Time is money.  The Comeback Kid is busy getting things done. He's not trying to sell his brand.  

If time is money then he was wasting it as he was standing around for minutes doing nothing..so i don`t believe Joe would do that.  No need to sell a brand as his brand is POTUS and the people want to hear from him.  If not then get rid of all the reporters waiting for him so he does not look bad.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

44 minutes ago, crackattack said:

Joe Biden is going to kill people. Everyone upset at Trump's rallies should be screaming out also. But no this board is a "safe space". Such a sham.

Sham would be comparing this to action bringing people together.  To compare anything to the rallies is laughable and you know it.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 minutes ago, sho nuff said:

Sham would be comparing this to action bringing people together.  To compare anything to the rallies is laughable and you know it.

:lmao:. Hes got more kids crammed into those cages than attend most Trump rallies.  

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, sho nuff said:

Sham would be comparing this to action bringing people together.  To compare anything to the rallies is laughable and you know it.

This is a "my team" statement.  Pretend the only thing that matters is how close  untested maskless people crammed in close places is.   

If you let science guide you will see clearly.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, quick-hands said:

This is a "my team" statement.  Pretend the only thing that matters is how close  untested maskless people crammed in close places is.   

If you let science guide you will see clearly.

I see clearly a rally is a purposeful bringing of people together in a close space.  Done so to pump up someone's ego.  With supporters (partly influenced by their leader) refusing to wear masks.

Biden is not bringing these people here.  He is not inviting them to come.  He is not holding a rally to gather them.  To compare the two is ridiculous.  They aren't good comps at all.

The "my team" statement is trying to claim people were upset with Trump over that so they should be at Biden for this because super spreader.  There are reasons to be upset at the Biden administration on this...and claiming its like a rally is not one of them.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, parasaurolophus said:

Biden says it will be tough to meet the May 1 deadline for getting tfo of Afghanistan.

Of course it is tough if you like endless wars in the desert.

We've only had like 20 years to tie up the loose ends.  It's sad to think that many of our troops in Afghanistan can't remember a time in their lives we weren't there.  It's also sad we didn't learn a lesson watching the Soviets.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, Shula-holic said:

We've only had like 20 years to tie up the loose ends.  It's sad to think that many of our troops in Afghanistan can't remember a time in their lives we weren't there.  It's also sad we didn't learn a lesson watching the Soviets.

Well....some of us learned the lessons.  This prediction at the beginning of the Iraq war was bitter sweet.  It was crystal clear to some of us "America Hating Hippies" back then when we said it wasn't a good idea and would almost 100% assure we'd be in either Iraq and/or Afghanistan for decades to come.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, The Commish said:

Well....some of us learned the lessons.  This prediction at the beginning of the Iraq war was bitter sweet.  It was crystal clear to some of us "America Hating Hippies" back then when we said it wasn't a good idea and would almost 100% assure we'd be in either Iraq and/or Afghanistan for decades to come.

I can remember lying in bed watching the night we invaded Iraq asking myself "How do we ever get out of here?"  Afghanistan I get the reason we went in and I have no problem with that.  Afghanistan was already broken, we needed to flush Bin Laden and leave.  A good bit of why I voted D a lot during this period of time was that D's were largely the ones willing to speak out about the dangers involved in those entanglements, including financial.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

48 minutes ago, Shula-holic said:

I can remember lying in bed watching the night we invaded Iraq asking myself "How do we ever get out of here?"  Afghanistan I get the reason we went in and I have no problem with that.  Afghanistan was already broken, we needed to flush Bin Laden and leave.  A good bit of why I voted D a lot during this period of time was that D's were largely the ones willing to speak out about the dangers involved in those entanglements, including financial.

:hifive:

It's remarkable to reflect back on some of our positions and general wonderings isn't it?  It's an area we don't need to be in anymore.  It's time for a drastic change in approach.  The only problem is, I see NO ONE on the horizon who'd take us that direction.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...