Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

***Official President Joe Biden Thread***

SHIZNITTTT

I was a fan of Joe even before he was VP. He was a great moderate voice from the left. I would always try to tune in on his Sunday morning talk show appearances. It's sad what I'm seeing now, not just his cognitive ability but the feeling that he is being controlled. I guess this is how the left felt during Reagan's years.

15 hours ago, jamny said:

Use this while you can. Markets are looking shaky lately. I expect a good push as we reopen but late 2021 and 2022 are going to be tough on the markets.

:goodposting:

15 hours ago, jamny said:

I actually agree with that but it's Congress that will tank the market. There's already concern with how willing the Dems are to ram through things. Add in an Infrastructure bill and tax increases and they are going to end this bull run.

Post GA I thought following the words and action of Manchin would be fascinating and I have not been disappointed. I don't have a good guess what comes next.

This stuff again??  At some point people will see "the market" is bigger than one person and based pretty much entirely on confidence these days.

I haven't seen a revised tax plan from Biden since the primaries, but what I saw then was basically a continuation of the Obama plan that saw the Dow go from 7900ish to 19,800ish (That seemed to be an important number to the Trumpers while he was in office).  And it had created a situation where businesses thought the best way to "invest" their Trump tax cuts was to buy back their own stock or keep the cash.  All that with deficits showing a decline each year with a blip in 2016 mostly reacting to the fact that Trump was going to be President :hophead: :hophead: :hophead: 

Here's a link littered with the dumb talking points that we heard through the Trump years for his success, only for the time/comparison of the Obama/Trump transition:

https://www.quora.com/What-was-the-Dow-when-President-Obama-left-office

Looks like you guys need a refresher...seem a bit rusty on your talking points.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2
  • Laughing 1

22 minutes ago, The Commish said:

This stuff again??  At some point people will see "the market" is bigger than one person and based pretty much entirely on confidence these days.

I haven't seen a revised tax plan from Biden since the primaries, but what I saw then was basically a continuation of the Obama plan that saw the Dow go from 7900ish to 19,800ish (That seemed to be an important number to the Trumpers while he was in office).  And it had created a situation where businesses thought the best way to "invest" their Trump tax cuts was to buy back their own stock or keep the cash.  All that with deficits showing a decline each year with a blip in 2016 mostly reacting to the fact that Trump was going to be President :hophead: :hophead: :hophead: 

Here's a link littered with the dumb talking points that we heard through the Trump years for his success, only for the time/comparison of the Obama/Trump transition:

Well, to be ACTUALLY fair here, It was the Obama zealots who were crowing about the stock market under Obama and when it took off under Trump they did everything they could to say "stock market doesn't matter".  So that number seemed to be important when Obama was in office too.

Let's not pretend that this is only a Trump phenomena.

Edited by BladeRunner
  • Thanks 2

11 minutes ago, BladeRunner said:

Well, to be ACTUALLY fair here, It was the Obama zealots who were crowing about the stock market under Obama and when it took off under Trump they did everything they could to say "stock market doesn't matter".  So that number seemed to be important when Obama was in office too.

Let's not pretend that this is only a Trump phenomena.

You can go to the "Stock Market Under Trump" thread for the refresher.  Was there ever a "Stock Market Under Obama" thread?  I'm asking...I don't know and don't remember one.  Though, I'll freely admit, my participation in that thread was pretty much the "use the Trumper philosophy against them" shtick, so if you saw a "comparison" from me it was in response to some asinine "OMG!!!!!  LOOK AT WHAT TRUMP IS DOING!!!!!!!" as the trend line continues on the exact same trajectory it was on under Obama.  

To me the "phenomena" was Trump himself saying the market was all about him...that's unique to him, so there's that :shrug: 

Edited by The Commish
  • Laughing 1

38 minutes ago, The Commish said:

Not sure if I am included in this but I did say in my post that I agreed that the President isn't a sole decider of market direction and have always said that. To cast blame or praise on the President for where the markets are is naive and ignores the true causes of market fluctuation. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

43 minutes ago, Kal El said:

I see the order of the day is still apparently “Try to convince people that the president is somehow addled.”

Nah...we used that all up when the previous POTUS drank his water wrong...and DIDN'T fall down going down a ramp.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Opie said:

Nah...we used that all up when the previous POTUS drank his water wrong...and DIDN'T fall down going down a ramp.

Then my eyes must be deceiving me, because that’s clearly happening even now whenever Biden shows even the slightest hint of age. Never mind that his worst day so far has still been better than any of his predecessor’s best days, and it hasn’t been very close.

• Like 2

55 minutes ago, whoknew said:

What the hell? I don’t understand this at all. 

What's hard to understand. Some people lost their positions because they couldn't pass the security checks for the position they were scheduled to get due to past marijuana use. 

Edited by Mile High
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Mile High said:

What's hard to understand. Some people lost their positions because they couldn't pass the security checks for the position they were scheduled to get due to past marijuana use. 

It is part if the reason marijuana prohibition is dumb. If Biden fixes this it would be a huge accomplishment. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, jamny said:

Not sure if I am included in this but I did say in my post that I agreed that the President isn't a sole decider of market direction and have always said that. To cast blame or praise on the President for where the markets are is naive and ignores the true causes of market fluctuation. 

:hifive:

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Opie said:

Correct. The never ending back and forth hypocrisy is discouraging. But I think it's just how it is. 

1 hour ago, Mile High said:

When will President Harris be given her walking papers?
As I recall, she boasted about sitting around, getting stoned to Tupac (before Tupac)
She seemed to be especially proud that she inhaled!

Of course, this occurred WAY before she put countless people in prison for doing the same thing.

Edited by Opie

15 hours ago, NorvilleBarnes said:

Biden's long time friend, Kevin O'Brien - the priest who gave the Inaugural Mass - is now under investigation and has been put on leave.

It would have been helpful if you had provided a link to the story, such as this one from FoxNews, which reports that O'Brien is alleged to have had......wait for it.........."...conversations which may be inconsistent with established Jesuit protocols..."

1 hour ago, Kal El said:

Then my eyes must be deceiving me, because that’s clearly happening even now whenever Biden shows even the slightest hint of age. Never mind that his worst day so far has still been better than any of his predecessor’s best days, and it hasn’t been very close.

It sure as hell ain't happening in the MSM!
Not even close to the panels that would congregate to talk about it on CNN and MSNBC during the previous administration where they would spend days talking about how President Trump took a drink of water!

Edited by Opie
  • Love 1

Just now, Opie said:

It sure as hell ain't happening in the MSM!
Not even close to the panels that would congregate to talk about it on CNN and MSNBC during the previous administration!

I haven’t wasted time on a major news network of any stripe for almost a decade now, so I can’t confirm the veracity of this statement. However, given the constant stream of lies that emanated from the White House from 2017-2021, they had plenty to talk about anyway.

6 minutes ago, Kal El said:

I haven’t wasted time on a major news network of any stripe for almost a decade now, so I can’t confirm the veracity of this statement. However, given the constant stream of lies that emanated from the White House from 2017-2021, they had plenty to talk about anyway.

Unlike the current admin...who blames the 11 mph winds for knocking Biden to his knees and has put a gag order on anyone working at the southern border because of the "challenge" (not crisis) there....and the single schedule press conference?

No deception here!
The most transparent administration...EVER!!

Edited by Opie

Let me make sure I'm in the right place, this is Biden's official thread??

Well, for a president who inherited a chaotic nightmare White House I'd say he's doing a damn good job and I'm proud to have him as my national leader. 

He's gaining on the pandemic and actually beating his lofty goals. I'm feeling much safer than I did a year ago.

He just accomplished a major legislative achievement that will benefit the people that have been ignored by the previous admin. 

Golf? No time for that nonsense, he's got work to do.

Keep it up Mr. President!

• Like 3

16 hours ago, jamny said:

I was a fan of Joe even before he was VP. He was a great moderate voice from the left. I would always try to tune in on his Sunday morning talk show appearances. It's sad what I'm seeing now, not just his cognitive ability but the feeling that he is being controlled. I guess this is how the left felt during Reagan's years.

Who exactly is controlling him?

Its really weird to see this metamorphosis from people complaining about bias in the media (which is somewhat valid) to being obsessed with the same media.  

If one sees a source as bad, why would they continue to give it their attention?  "I hate that group all they are interesred in is their ratings, so im going to give them what they want" is an astonishing position to hold. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Kal El said:

Slightest hint of age?  :lmao:

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, The Commish said:

Its really weird to see this metamorphosis from people complaining about bias in the media (which is somewhat valid) to being obsessed with the same media.  

If one sees a source as bad, why would they continue to give it their attention?  "I hate that group all they are interesred in is their ratings, so im going to give them what they want" is an astonishing position to hold. 

Like I joked in the other thread - I think more conservatives go to CNN around here than liberals.   

Here is my personal vow- except in terms of policy, I will never compare President Biden to President Trump or any other former President. Policy is fair game and obviously it’s important to contrast and compare. But personal behavior, demeanor, integrity, health, competence, etc- on these subjects we should discuss each man separately without comparison at this point. 

24 minutes ago, timschochet said:

Here is my personal vow- except in terms of policy, I will never compare President Biden to President Trump or any other former President. Policy is fair game and obviously it’s important to contrast and compare. But personal behavior, demeanor, integrity, health, competence, etc- on these subjects we should discuss each man separately without comparison at this point. 

...must be looking pretty bad!

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, KarmaPolice said:

Like I joked in the other thread - I think more conservatives go to CNN around here than liberals.   

That's funny considering we have an entire thread dedicated to Fox News.   Did you make similar statements about liberals and Fox?

On 3/19/2021 at 10:40 AM, jamny said:

If that was Trump, it would be on every late night show.

Odds on this one being shown tonight?

So since I posted this, I decided to do the work and actually see the results.

I recorded every late night show last night. Unfortunately, all but one were repeats. Not sure if that's typical for Fridays since I don't normally watch any of them. But the one that was new, Jimmy Fallon, did show the video, laughed at it and made a joke. I find that refreshing and admit my usual skepticism with something like this was wrong at least in Fallon's case.

• Thinking 1

1 hour ago, timschochet said:

This is like saying I'm not going to argue that water's wet Tim....is there even a need to do this?  

22 minutes ago, jamny said:

So since I posted this, I decided to do the work and actually see the results.

I recorded every late night show last night. Unfortunately, all but one were repeats. Not sure if that's typical for Fridays since I don't normally watch any of them. But the one that was new, Jimmy Fallon, did show the video, laughed at it and made a joke. I find that refreshing and admit my usual skepticism with something like this was wrong at least in Fallon's case.

What made this funny with Trump was he didn’t get his behavior and responses to this trivial stuff was the joke. His “I’m the best schtick” lent itself to getting hammered.

When he couldn’t drink water with one hand he made some big show drinking with one hand :lol:

When he was walking funny down the ramp he acted as if it was like descending K2.

23 hours ago, jamny said:

any chance he hasn’t changed but you have?

10 hours ago, the moops said:

That is funny

What I'm wondering is....this is Day 60 already.....

....where in the HELL is Biden's nomination for a Nobel Peace Prize?

....WAAAAY overdue, if you ask me!

1 hour ago, the moops said:

Should have left it well alone after the golfing GIF. Got less and less funny after that

Nah...it's still funny...especially after Biden made such a big deal about President Trump NOT falling down a ramp!

“Look at how he steps and look at how I step.” - Joe Biden
“Watch how I run up ramps and he stumbles down ramps. Okay? Come on.” - Joe Biden

I wonder when Biden issues his pushup challenge to Putin?
It has always been his "go to"....or maybe threaten to take him out behind the gym!

Edited by Opie

32 minutes ago, Opie said:

Nah...it's still funny...especially after Biden made such a big deal about President Trump NOT falling down a ramp!

“Look at how he steps and look at how I step.” - Joe Biden
“Watch how I run up ramps and he stumbles down ramps. Okay? Come on.” - Joe Biden

I wonder when Biden issues his pushup challenge to Putin?
It has always been his "go to"....or maybe threaten to take him out behind the gym!

Those quotes did not age well.  Reminds me of "Grumpy Old Men" movie between Biden and Trump.

21 hours ago, timschochet said:

Of course you aren't because it wouldn't end well for your guy

• Laughing 1

To me Biden’s clumsiness and gaffes remind me a bit of President Ford (yeah I know I’m pretty old!) He’ll be teased for it while he’s President, but I doubt he’ll be remembered for it long term. 

I think Ford was a pretty good President. Compared to the guys before and after him, things were pretty quiet during his time in office, and that was just fine. 

11 minutes ago, timschochet said:

I think Ford was a pretty good President. Compared to the guys before and after him, things were pretty quiet during his time in office, and that was just fine. 

Outside of pardoning Nixon.  :coffee:

Edited by squistion