Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

***Official President Joe Biden Thread***

SHIZNITTTT

42 minutes ago, timschochet said:

To me Biden’s clumsiness and gaffes remind me a bit of President Ford (yeah I know I’m pretty old!) He’ll be teased for it while he’s President, but I doubt he’ll be remembered for it long term. 

I think Ford was a pretty good President. Compared to the guys before and after him, things were pretty quiet during his time in office, and that was just fine. 

I always thought it was strange that Ford was considered clumsy. He was probably the best athlete who ever became President playing both defense and offense on two national championships Michigan football teams. 

Edited by Redwes25

23 hours ago, timschochet said:

To me Biden’s clumsiness and gaffes remind me a bit of President Ford (yeah I know I’m pretty old!) He’ll be teased for it while he’s President, but I doubt he’ll be remembered for it long term. 

I think Ford was a pretty good President. Compared to the guys before and after him, things were pretty quiet during his time in office, and that was just fine. 

Maybe...but Biden's unnatural attraction to young children, history of plagiarism, his and his family's business dealings with China, and his flat out lying about his past accomplishments, will be not so fondly thought of, long after he's gone.

There's still time to add even more!

Edited by Opie

11 hours ago, timschochet said:

Funny because that's pretty much all anyone knows about Ford 

I was really hoping Biden would push for federal de-criminalization of weed, however he might be old school when it comes to weed because 2 of his children (Ashley and Hunter) have had past drug issues. 

Beaux really was the golden child. It’s so sad how he died, his passing really did a number on that family. Then there’s the whole Hunter banging his wife thing. Mess. 

30 minutes ago, Sand said:

So Biden is firing staffers for past MJ use.  Interesting, and I'm surprised that the admin is going down that road given the liassez faire attitude from that side of the aisle on drug use.

Weird right?  Puppets usually do what the puppeteers make them do  :oldunsure: 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Gachi said:

I was really hoping Biden would push for federal de-criminalization of weed, however he might be old school when it comes to weed because 2 of his children (Ashley and Hunter) have had past drug issues. 

At least for Hunter MJ certainly wasn't the problem.  He'd have been a lot better off if that was all he consumed.

13 minutes ago, The General said:

Ol Joe isn’t a fan of the wacky tabacky.

No chit...just take a poll amongst those incarcerated by his crime bill.
Don't ask President Harris again....she'll have to lie about her prior use.

A little consistency would be nice.

• Like 1

If you get vaccinated, and wear your mask, maybe, by the 4th of July you can have small gatherings.  

Meanwhile 400 untested illegal immigrants can pack into a space with 260 person limit without covid restrictions.  All waiting days to get processed and released out into gen pop. 

What a joke. 

9 hours ago, tonydead said:

Putin mocking Biden.

Wants to have conversation with Biden live on air. About the two nuclear powers. 

God help us all, Putin knows Biden isnt all there and is prodding him. 

Putin is clearly uncomfortable having a president that he can't control with puppet strings like the previous one. 

• Like 3

Just now, Rubiobot said:

Putin is clearly uncomfortable having a president that he can't control with puppet strings like the previous one. 

Plus calling him what he is in the press.  Putin likes to try and hide and be manipulative.  He doesn't want the light put on what an awful leader he is and how corrupt he is.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, tonydead said:

Putin mocking Biden.

Wants to have conversation with Biden live on air. About the two nuclear powers. 

God help us all, Putin knows Biden isnt all there and is prodding him. 

It will never happen and should not happen.  JB is not capable to go live and off the cuff.  I would not want that to ever take place.

8 minutes ago, Da Guru said:

It will never happen and should not happen.  JB is not capable to go live and off the cuff.  I would not want that to ever take place.

agree big time.

Just now, squistion said:

Woof!  🐶 🐶

NBC News: 

The First Lady's Press Secretary confirms that Major and Champ have returned to the White House, Kelly O'Donnell reports.

Woo Hoo!!!!  Now they can terrorize more staff.  Let's hope they don't kill someone.

1 hour ago, squistion said:

Woof!  🐶 🐶

NBC News: 

The First Lady's Press Secretary confirms that Major and Champ have returned to the White House, Kelly O'Donnell reports.

Major has been agressive on more than one occasion.  Champ is 13 and closer in age to Joe. 

Don`t hear dog bites descibed like this very often.   "[Champ and Major] are still getting acclimated and accustomed to their surroundings and new people. And on Monday, the first family's younger dog, Major, was surprised by an unfamiliar person and reacted in a way that resulted in a minor injury to the individual," said Psaki, who added the injury was handled by the White House medical unit.

Usually it is "I came around the corner and this German Sheppard attacked and bit me."

The person bitten by Major was a United States Secret Service agent, according to a Secret Service official.

Major, who is 3 years old, is the younger of the two Biden dogs, and has been known to display agitated behavior on multiple occasions, including jumping, barking, and "charging" at staff and security, according to the people CNN spoke with about the dog's demeanor at the White House. The older of Biden's German Shepherds, Champ, is approximately 13 and has slowed down physically due to his advanced age.

1 hour ago, the moops said:

Are we back on believing anonymous sources again?

“World leaders expect to hear from the President of the United States, not the Vice President,” former Ambassador to Germany and former Acting Director of National Intelligence Richard Grenell said to Outspoken.

“The fact that the White House is instructing federal agencies to replace ‘Biden’ with ‘Biden-Harris’ after less than 60 days is indicative of the struggle Joe Biden is already having being President,” Grenell said. “This is a signal that he can’t do the job alone.”

1 minute ago, NorvilleBarnes said:

“World leaders expect to hear from the President of the United States, not the Vice President,” former Ambassador to Germany and former Acting Director of National Intelligence Richard Grenell said to Outspoken.

“The fact that the White House is instructing federal agencies to replace ‘Biden’ with ‘Biden-Harris’ after less than 60 days is indicative of the struggle Joe Biden is already having being President,” Grenell said. “This is a signal that he can’t do the job alone.”

A leaked email from an employee of a federal government agency reveals the White House is shifting toward a communication strategy that seeks to elevate Vice President Kamala Harris in all official White House business.

The directive, the employee reports, came from a top White House communications team member and instructs all agencies to refer to the Biden administration as the “Biden-Harris Administration” in place of the “Biden Administration.”

35 minutes ago, the moops said:

A leaked email from an employee of a federal government agency reveals the White House is shifting toward a communication strategy that seeks to elevate Vice President Kamala Harris in all official White House business.

The directive, the employee reports, came from a top White House communications team member and instructs all agencies to refer to the Biden administration as the “Biden-Harris Administration” in place of the “Biden Administration.”

Hey, I'm actually glad you don't believe anonymous sources. I kinda hope it catches on tbh. I don't think this particular item is all that far fetched - and there are people discussing it on the record - so this story might not be the best example. The part about the official twitter account is pretty easily verifiable (spoiler, it's true "Welcome to the Biden-Harris White House!") But yeah, cheers to your healthy skepticism :banned:  

1 minute ago, NorvilleBarnes said:

Hey, I'm actually glad you don't believe anonymous sources. I kinda hope it catches on tbh. I don't think this particular item is all that far fetched - and there are people discussing it on the record - so this story might not be the best example. The part about the official twitter account is pretty easily verifiable (spoiler, it's true "Welcome to the Biden-Harris White House!") But yeah, cheers to your healthy skepticism :banned:  

I generally do believe sources when quoted by reputable sites. I too am glad to see you coming around :cheers:

25 minutes ago, Cowboysfan8 said:

Who could’ve seen this coming ?

A president giving his vice president a say in what goes on in the country? Crazy

This seems like a super silly thing to even give a moment thought about

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, the moops said:

A president giving his vice president a say in what goes on in the country? Crazy

This seems like a super silly thing to even give a moment thought about

If Biden has to step down I would hope Harris is involved and brought up to speed on everything so the transition is made easier for her.

16 minutes ago, the moops said:

Can you imagine what would happen if a President gave his VP a huge crisis to deal with?  :mellow: 

• Like 1

"If he's elected, the stock market will crash" --Trump in Oct 2020 debate w/Biden

change in the Dow from Election Day through March 23 of his first year as president:

Trump +12.6%

Biden +17.9%

Insert Aviator Shades gif here.  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Cowboysfan8 said:

Well, he just put her in charge of something she has zero chance of being successful in ,so she’s got that going for her 

Maybe she should ask Mike Pence how to be 100% successful at everything Trump put him in charge of. 

8 minutes ago, General Malaise said:

Maybe she should ask Mike Pence how to be 100% successful at everything Trump put him in charge of. 

At what point do we get to discuss Biden/Harris without bringing up Trump/Pence?

Now?

6 months in?

One year?

Never??

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, Cowboysfan8 said:

At what point do we get to discuss Biden/Harris without bringing up Trump/Pence?

Now?

6 months in?

One year?

Never??

When Trump supporters quit complaining about Biden doing things they supported Trump for doing?  Because the Pence thing was brought up to directly counter the complaints about putting Harris in charge of something.