Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

***Official President Joe Biden Thread***

7 hours ago, dancer said:

For me it is not about policy at all.

Biden may very well be cognitively impaired. He may forget things or lose track of things. But I think he knows that he does not know everything, and I think he has tried to appoint reasonable, knowledgeable, responsible people to positions as needed, and will defer to experts to handle things where he lacks knowledge or ability.

Trump, on the other hand, appears to think that he knows everything, and seemed to appoint people based on whether or not they would say "yes" to him rather than their qualifications. And rather than defer to experts, he seemed to try to impose his own views above those of the experts. 

To me, that seems to be the most important difference between the two, and there is no question which I preferred when faced with those two as the choices. It has nothing to do with the policies of either.

Now, would I prefer someone else who was mentally sharp, on top of everything, able to speak well, knowledgeable AND who appointed and worked with the best people? Absolutely, 100%, no question about it.  

Great post, especially the bolded.  That's what leaders do, not pretend you are the expert at everything and ignore anybody with more knowledge and/or who might not agree.  

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

That goes to show just how lucky we have it as middle upper class white dudes.  But, sitting Presidents have affected the lives of non middle upper class white dudes.  So, it's about time we try

Joe Biden has won this election so many times he is now the 67th president of the United States.

So nice to have sanity back at the helm

12 hours ago, Dickies said:

How should the MSM have treated him when he was so combative towards them while constantly lying?

I just wish we could go back to the days when politicians were honest

38 minutes ago, TakiToki said:

I just wish we could go back to the days when politicians were honest

When was that?

One of the reasons I really like Joe Biden is that I believe he is generally honest. 
Politicians are trained to say things in a certain way and sometimes that can lead to deliberate misunderstandings or bad assumptions. But this needs to be distinguished from outright falsehoods and corruption; that remains only a small number. 

37 minutes ago, timschochet said:

One of the reasons I really like Joe Biden is that I believe he is generally honest. 

Honest about what? He takes credit for Trumps successes and blames Trump for his failures. Most people who voted for him admit it was because he's "not Trump", not because he's some kind of lifelong honest politician. There was a thread dedicated to all his lies before it got deleted. The only thing stopping him from lying more is his inability to maintain a train of thought.

• Love 3
6 minutes ago, NorvilleBarnes said:

Am I the only one getting Taki's sarcasm?

Wow. Yes. My meter was way, way down for a moment. Admit it, with all the stuff that's said in this forum -- and how wrong it can be -- we can be forgiven, I think, for missing that one. Taki is usually way smarter than that, so I should have known it was tone rather than substance I was missing.

• Like 1

It would have been refreshing if Biden admitted that maybe they made a mistake in moving so fast and underestimated the surge that is happening instead of just saying it was Trump's fault.

I guess politicians gonna politician.

Edited by jamny
  • Like 1
On 3/26/2021 at 11:10 AM, shadrap said:

Joe is not all there.  Not even close.  there is a good reason why he will not meet the press & he shouldn't.  come on man, 120 years in the senate.  good grief.  he has dementia, plain & simple.

Have you ever known anyone with dementia?

24 minutes ago, Westerberg said:

Yes.  My mother and grandmother.  

11 hours ago, timschochet said:

Politicians are trained to say things in a certain way and sometimes that can lead to deliberate misunderstandings or bad assumptions. But this needs to be distinguished from outright falsehoods and corruption; that remains only a small number. 

Sounds like everyone that liked Trump because he said what was on his mind.

1 hour ago, Westerberg said:

I'm not sure how to do the double quote thing. Do ya'll think Biden has dementia?

Can't answer for them,  but my grandmother had and my aunt has it. Stopping mid sentance because they lost their train of thought is/was a common occurrence and Biden can't seem to get through a public appearance without it happening at least once.  I don't know if he has dementia or not,  but he is clearly in some sort of cognitive decline. 

1 hour ago, Westerberg said:

I'm not sure how to do the double quote thing. Do ya'll think Biden has dementia?

Yes.  Hearing joe had a cheat sheet to call on reporters by number with pictures of them.  Left off conservative reporters.  

18 minutes ago, Hoodoo said:

Can't answer for them,  but my grandmother had and my aunt has it. Stopping mid sentance because they lost their train of thought is/was a common occurrence and Biden can't seem to get through a public appearance without it happening at least once.  I don't know if he has dementia or not,  but he is clearly in some sort of cognitive decline. 

Yeah, I think it's reasonable for people to think that there is some cognitive decline. Maybe even more than what is associated with healthy aging. You can never know for sure. I get kinda pissed off when people say that he has dementia though. I think it trivializes what people with dementia and their families go through.

• Like 1
23 minutes ago, stlrams said:

Yes.  Hearing joe had a cheat sheet to call on reporters by number with pictures of them.  Left off conservative reporters.  

Wouldn’t leaving off conservatives indicate a plan and not being thrown off it losing a thiught?. A cheat sheet of who which reporters are is not a sign of dementia.

Going back as recently as the debates, and comparing his responses to today, it certainly seems to me like there's been some cognitive decline. I get that there are some on the left who hold onto the "Joe is as sharp as ever" party line, but I honestly believe that's just wishful thinking.

• Like 1
13 hours ago, timschochet said:

VIDEO: Krystal and Saagar: Hilarious vintage footage reveals repeated Biden lies •May 6, 2020

Krystal and Saagar watch C-SPAN footage of the first time Joe Biden ran for president which shows him lying about his law degree and education record.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wA-lQEYaulc

VIDEO: 'Not true': Daniel Dale fact-checks Biden's border crisis claim •Mar 25, 2021

CNN's Daniel Dale fact checks President Biden's claim that the vast majority of migrant families are being sent back and not getting across the US border.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SYaoeBcmYTI

So, in order to be fair to timschochet, there should be context as to why he would say Biden is "generally honest" when there is plenty of evidence going the other direction. Notice the 2nd video, CNN has not choice but to say what Biden claimed was "Not True". They spend about 20 seconds on it, then proceed to talk about what Biden "clarified later" and then spend seven minutes trashing Republicans and having their "Breaking News" ticket scroll doing more hit and run attacks on Conservatives with inciting headlines.

An issue in dispute is either a matter of truth or it's a lie. That's it. But a hedge of "Not true" is a way to avoid calling something a lie. It's rationalization and it's even more dishonest because it implies the reason you won't accept "Non True" must because you aren't pure enough when basic Identity Politics, is applied to any situation. Facts don't matter then, only if it makes you feel good or not about your wokeness.

Years ago in the FFA, it was Ditkaless Wonders or someone else, who said if I can't explain my actions to my 8 year old daughter, then whatever it is in dispute, it's something I shouldn't do. I.E. a discussion of finding the litmus of pure right and wrong. We teach our kids not to lie. Part of that is when you lie, you learn to lie to yourself. And how can a child learn to love themselves and grow to be the best version of themselves if they learn from their parents that it's OK to lie to themselves?

I always say, when I disagree, and I find the response repugnant -  "It's your free speech"

So after all these decades on this Earth, here is where the rubber meets the road. If anyone here wants to rationalize lies into "Not True", it's their free speech, but what kind of lesson is that for someone's kids? The virtues you hold  ( or don't) are what children see every single day. And they emulate that. This is why I'm always talking about being an example is the best way to live your life. It's the best way to show someone you love them. It's the best way to protect your children.

Joe Biden is a chronic liar. It's not like it's not on record. If someone said Trump is a liar, I'd agree. But that's not going to change the subject that Biden is on record being a chronic liar. Anyone who wants to find some pathway to excuse that, it's your free speech, though I just plain feel genuinely sorry for your kids.

6 minutes ago, GordonGekko said:

VIDEO: Krystal and Saagar: Hilarious vintage footage reveals repeated Biden lies •May 6, 2020

Krystal and Saagar watch C-SPAN footage of the first time Joe Biden ran for president which shows him lying about his law degree and education record.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wA-lQEYaulc

VIDEO: 'Not true': Daniel Dale fact-checks Biden's border crisis claim •Mar 25, 2021

CNN's Daniel Dale fact checks President Biden's claim that the vast majority of migrant families are being sent back and not getting across the US border.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SYaoeBcmYTI

So, in order to be fair to timschochet, there should be context as to why he would say Biden is "generally honest" when there is plenty of evidence going the other direction. Notice the 2nd video, CNN has not choice but to say what Biden claimed was "Not True". They spend about 20 seconds on it, then proceed to talk about what Biden "clarified later" and then spend seven minutes trashing Republicans and having their "Breaking News" ticket scroll doing more hit and run attacks on Conservatives with inciting headlines.

An issue in dispute is either a matter of truth or it's a lie. That's it. But a hedge of "Not true" is a way to avoid calling something a lie. It's rationalization and it's even more dishonest because it implies the reason you won't accept "Non True" must because you aren't pure enough when basic Identity Politics, is applied to any situation. Facts don't matter then, only if it makes you feel good or not about your wokeness.

Years ago in the FFA, it was Ditkaless Wonders or someone else, who said if I can't explain my actions to my 8 year old daughter, then whatever it is in dispute, it's something I shouldn't do. I.E. a discussion of finding the litmus of pure right and wrong. We teach our kids not to lie. Part of that is when you lie, you learn to lie to yourself. And how can a child learn to love themselves and grow to be the best version of themselves if they learn from their parents that it's OK to lie to themselves?

I always say, when I disagree, and I find the response repugnant -  "It's your free speech"

So after all these decades on this Earth, here is where the rubber meets the road. If anyone here wants to rationalize lies into "Not True", it's their free speech, but what kind of lesson is that for someone's kids? The virtues you hold  ( or don't) are what children see every single day. And they emulate that. This is why I'm always talking about being an example is the best way to live your life. It's the best way to show someone you love them. It's the best way to protect your children.

Joe Biden is a chronic liar. It's not like it's not on record. If someone said Trump is a liar, I'd agree. But that's not going to change the subject that Biden is on record being a chronic liar. Anyone who wants to find some pathway to excuse that, it's your free speech, though I just plain feel genuinely sorry for your kids.

It was awesome when Trump pulled out that 30 year old video of Biden lying about his college career and no one cared because it was the boring old way all politicians lied and not something that would ruin America.

Edited by thriftyrocker
1 hour ago, Hoodoo said:

He pauses mid sentence because he is a stutterer. He is trying his best to manage his speech. 

13 hours ago, timschochet said:

VIDEO: Biden's dramatic and shifting story about a U.S. soldier's medal •Aug 30, 2019

Former vice president Joe Biden has frequently jumbled the details of a dramatic story from one of his many visits to U.S. soldiers in Afghanistan.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t1SsgTaSjoI

Well, there are two paths here.

Either Biden has massive cognitive decline, which some leftists here keep denying, which gives some cover from this shifting story, but lays down the ugly question on whom then is actually running our country and whom is in control of America's vast nuclear arsenal?

Or Biden is liar who tells so many lies, he forgets his lies, and just keeps lying on top of more lies.

Those of you here with children and loved ones you would prefer not to be incinerated in a nuclear holocaust that kills every last single living thing on the face of the planet, I'm sure you are more than invested in knowing the real answer.

14 hours ago, timschochet said:

VIDEO: Saagar Enjeti exposes Biden's Iraq war lying with these past clips •Jan 13, 2020

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yOx_eNrXrVQ

One of the unintended benefits or fits of terror associated with comparing present Biden statements ( i.e. lies) with past Biden videos showing those contradictions ( did I mention the lies) is how much more functional and cogent that Biden sounds in the past. Which would indicate some kind of decline.

But since the leftist MSM and it's hardened zealots will decide you are a racist and a bigot and should lose your job and be ostracized if you dare to question the pure altar of radical cancel culture identity politics, apparently no one can talk about that.

Nope, we are all just expected to sit back and risk having a guy launch ICBMs because he thought he was pushing a button to order some fresh Ovaltine instead. Everyone you have ever loved in this life will die in nuclear hellfire because no one was allowed to question why someone, who is clearly no longer cognitively capable, thought he was ordering another egg salad sandwich instead.

Do you want to live in a world where your entire life will be wiped out for the crime of asking hard questions about who is actually supposed to be in charge?

14 hours ago, timschochet said:

VIDEO: Flashback: In 1987, Biden’s Presidential Campaign Was Derailed By Charges Of Plagiarism •Jun 4, 2019

A September 17, 1987 broadcast of the PBS NewsHour discusses how Joe Biden’s 1988 presidential bid was derailed by charges of plagiarism.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7XUC6_HZHuY

Think about how incompetent you have to be as a plagiarist if you get caught in the non Internet era. We are talking speed of information moving like molasses.  As someone old enough to remember playing fantasy football by reading the sports page for scores and teams having to snail mail their lineups in via letter/stamps/envelopes and any major confirmations needed to be done by rotary phone. I remember my first VCR. It had to weigh like 50 pounds. There was literally a lawnmower motor in it that grinded away to rewind something. Chug, chug, chug.

My Ahab moment was scanning the globe for my "white whale" -  to hard rail a fittie that looked like prime Phoebe Cates. This was before the SFX Yoga Pants era, it was back when women actually had to stop shoving food in their mouths to not edge themselves out of marriage contention.

Those were the days. When Springsteen talks about "Glory Days", he's talking about a time when people knew less but were willing to accept more.

How do you get caught like Biden screwing up like this in an era when the height of sophistication was Jordache and Atari?

If you are going to be a liar, at least try to be competent at it.

6 hours ago, simey said:

He pauses mid sentence because he is a stutterer. He is trying his best to manage his speech. 

I didn't say pausing mid sentance,  I said stopping and losing his train of thought. Biden didn't seem to have that much trouble managing his speech in the Obama years. Why is his stutter such an issue now?

• Like 1
13 minutes ago, Hoodoo said:

I didn't say pausing mid sentance,  I said stopping and losing his train of thought. Biden didn't seem to have that much trouble managing his speech in the Obama years. Why is his stutter such an issue now?

tonydead said losing track of his thoughts mid sentence, but "stopping and losing his train of thought" is about the same thing. Biden is having what is called a speech block. Pausing/stopping while speaking (speech blocks), changing your thoughts or words, repeating parts of a word (repetitions), prolonging a word (prolongations), are all classic characteristics of stuttering. Joe Biden will never be an eloquent speaker, and he will always have interruptions in the fluency of his speech. Stress can make stuttering even worse, and I think it's fair to say his job is pretty stressful. Anyway, I find him courageous where his speech is concerned. It is not surprising to me that there are people who disregard the fact that he has a speech disorder, and prefer to label him as being cognitively impaired.

Edited by simey
  • Like 3
2 minutes ago, simey said:

tonydead said losing track of his thoughts mid sentence, but "stopping and losing his train of thought" is about the same thing. It's called a speech block. Pausing/stopping while speaking (speech blocks), changing your thoughts or words, repeating parts of a word (repetitions), prolonging a word (prolongations), are all classic characteristics of stuttering. Joe Biden will never be an eloquent speaker, and he will always have interruptions in the fluency of his speech. Stress can make stuttering even worse, and I think it's fair to say his job is pretty stressful. Anyway, I find him courageous where his speech is concerned. It is not surprising to me that there are people who disregard the fact that he has a speech disorder, and prefer to label him as being cognitively impaired.

If you can't see the difference between how he was just 5 years ago and how he is now then I've got nothing else for you.  I've seen that type of decline first hand. I also had 3 grandparents and a great aunt who lived well into their 90's and all sharp a tack. I'm also fairly familiar with stutter since a good friend of mine that I grew up with had a severe stutter.

I wish Joe could make it eight years, but I think four is a stretch here and we'll all be graced if that happens. Gear up for 2024, because it's going to be interesting. Joe is a lot different now than 2008 or 2012. It happens. People celebrating his demise aren't very cool, people pointing it out have reason to point it out, I think.

It shouldn't be a "How dare you?" question, either. These are legitimate questions to ask.

• Like 1
11 hours ago, Westerberg said:

my mother & she is in a nursing home.

1 hour ago, rockaction said:

I wish Joe could make it eight years, but I think four is a stretch here and we'll all be graced if that happens. Gear up for 2024, because it's going to be interesting. Joe is a lot different now than 2008 or 2012. It happens. People celebrating his demise aren't very cool, people pointing it out have reason to point it out, I think.

It shouldn't be a "How dare you?" question, either. These are legitimate questions to ask.

No, there really aren't and that should have been apparent to anyone who watched his press conference. He is not as sharp or as quick at 78 as he was at 74 or 70, but this is not even close to the claimed dementia or cognitive impairment stage. People are basing this on just the selectively edited video clips that are taken out of context.

32 minutes ago, squistion said:

No, there really aren't and that should have been apparent to anyone who watched his press conference. He is not as sharp or as quick at 78 as he was at 74 or 70, but this is not even close to the claimed dementia or cognitive impairment stage. People are basing this on just the selectively edited video clips that are taken out of context.

Yes, they really are legitimate questions to ask, Team Blue.

You just ####### admitted in your post he's slower. Of course that's questionable, then.

The wall. :wall:

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, rockaction said:

You just ####### admitted in your post he's slower. Of course that's questionable, then.

The wall. 

Fun Fact (or not so fun depending on your age):

People do get slower as they get older and their reactions are not as quick as when they were younger - that does not mean they are suffering from any type of dementia. 

39 minutes ago, squistion said:

. He is not as sharp or as quick at 78 as he was at 74 or 70

I haven’t noticed this. 
Im not going to claim I’ve spent a ton of time as a Biden watcher over the years but he basically seems like the same guy to me. He looks a little tired these days, that’s all. 

• Like 1
20 minutes ago, timschochet said:

I haven’t noticed this. 
Im not going to claim I’ve spent a ton of time as a Biden watcher over the years but he basically seems like the same guy to me. He looks a little tired these days, that’s all. 

C’mon man.  

1 hour ago, timschochet said:

I haven’t noticed this. 

He looks the same to me also, that’s a problem.  Dancer did bring uP a great point about using your staff for the answers.  

1 hour ago, timschochet said:

I haven’t noticed this. 

Then you should probably watch some videos of interviews and speeches he's given from at least 4 years ago vs now so that you can look at it more objectively.

3 hours ago, Hoodoo said:

If you can't see the difference between how he was just 5 years ago and how he is now then I've got nothing else for you.  I've seen that type of decline first hand. I also had 3 grandparents and a great aunt who lived well into their 90's and all sharp a tack. I'm also fairly familiar with stutter since a good friend of mine that I grew up with had a severe stutter.

Well of it is early stage dementia hopefully it will stay the same for awhile. And not progress. 

I’d be surprised if Biden runs in 4 years. He can’t say this because that becomes a story. Zero problems with this.

Biden’s press conference performance is fine, he went though debates fine. Cut the dementia #### out. He’s in charge of delegating and placing people in positions.

We saw from the last guy this job can be done with like 2 hours of work a day 4 days a week. 

He’s doing a fine job so far. Doing exactly what he got elected to do by me at least - shots into people and not be an insane person. 

If we are lucky in 2 years we have moved well past covid but then there is a hell of a job to do and objectives won’t be so cut and dry.

• Like 3
13 minutes ago, Westerberg said:

That sucks, man. Hopefully she is getting the care she needs.

Do you think Biden needs to be in a nursing home?

With all his handlers around all the time, he essentially is. 

• Like 1

If Biden spray tanned himself, built up a dyed coif on top of his head and continually went off script; often times repeating the same word/phrases....would people feel better about his age/demeanor?

• Like 1

No insane ranting on Twitter today.  No press conference full of proven lies.  No petty insults.

Just another day with a sane responsible person as President.

7 hours ago, Westerberg said:

That sucks, man. Hopefully she is getting the care she needs.

Do you think Biden needs to be in a nursing home?

not sure.  access to him with unscripted questions seems to be off limits so it's hard to say.  I think it's early to mid dementia.  I'm not in the medical field.

so shoot me for my opinion.  It would be the same for anyone for as many gaffs as he has had & those are just the ones we know about.   I've seen that stare before-not good.

7 hours ago, Da Guru said:

Well of it is early stage dementia hopefully it will stay the same for awhile. And not progress. 

Dementia is progressive so no it doesn’t stay the same.  Roughly 60-80% of all dementia cases are attributed to Alzheimer’s.  It’s a brutal disease to witness firsthand.  I’ve always wish my mom past from something sudden rather live for 15 years as a vegetable.  

5 hours ago, the rover said:

No insane ranting on Twitter today.  No press conference full of proven lies.  No petty insults.

loving not having a narcissistic sociopath in charge

• Like 2
6 hours ago, the rover said:

Just a private rambling speech about himself at some poor couple’s wedding at mar a lago.  Just an absolute malignant narcissist.   

The fact that people attack Biden’s mental fitness as some sort of downgrade over what was in the White House the last four years is funny.  Trump lives on a different planet.  

• Like 1