What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***Official President Joe Biden Thread*** BEST EVER! (2 Viewers)

Just a private rambling speech about himself at some poor couple’s wedding at mar a lago.  Just an absolute malignant narcissist.   

The fact that people attack Biden’s mental fitness as some sort of downgrade over what was in the White House the last four years is funny.  Trump lives on a different planet.  
M-A-R-S

Just a private rambling speech about himself at some poor couple’s wedding at mar a lago.  Just an absolute malignant narcissist.   

The fact that people attack Biden’s mental fitness as some sort of downgrade over what was in the White House the last four years is funny.  Trump lives on a different planet.  
If you quit trying to compare the dumpster fire that was the Trump presidency and look at the Biden presidency on it's own legs so far then maybe you would understand what people are concerned about. Yes, some people are attacking him, but that doesn't mean it's not a legitimate concern. The people elected Joe Biden to be president. IF he is a mental health risk then who is it that's really running the country, who is making policy, who is making all the decisions and are they looking out for the best interest of the country or just their own? What do we do when he has to interact directly with other foreign leaders?

If you quit trying to compare the dumpster fire that was the Trump presidency and look at the Biden presidency on it's own legs so far then maybe you would understand what people are concerned about. Yes, some people are attacking him, but that doesn't mean it's not a legitimate concern. The people elected Joe Biden to be president. IF he is a mental health risk then who is it that's really running the country, who is making policy, who is making all the decisions and are they looking out for the best interest of the country or just their own? What do we do when he has to interact directly with other foreign leaders?
Have you seen Trump's little speech at the wedding?  It was just like many of his during his presidency that many of the same people complaining about Joe's mental abilities supported under the previous guy.  It was unhinged, narcissistic, word salad.  It made little sense (like many of his answers to questions and speeches).  There were just as many signs of mental issues with the previous guy than there are now...and people scoffed at such things or ignored them then.  Why?  Because their guy.  That was the point.

Seems the questions about who is running the country or talking to people are baseless accusations.  There is no evidence that anyone other than President Biden is in charge.

Of course he did....he's had to deal with it a majority of his life.  :shrug:  
Ok, find me any video evidence whatsoever of Biden from over 4 years ago where he's stopping mid sentence, starts mumbling and doesn't finish his thought. Also, if you would, find me any video evidence of Biden having to use cue cards and a notebook in order to answer pre-packaged questions from friendly reporters during any public appearance. I'm not questioning whether or not he has a speech impediment, I'm questioning why it's so much more an issue now than it's ever been before.

Ok, find me any video evidence whatsoever of Biden from over 4 years ago where he's stopping mid sentence, starts mumbling and doesn't finish his thought. Also, if you would, find me any video evidence of Biden having to use cue cards and a notebook in order to answer pre-packaged questions from friendly reporters during any public appearance. I'm not questioning whether or not he has a speech impediment, I'm questioning why it's so much more an issue now than it's ever been before.
Shove the goalposts to where you want them and let me know...then we can talk.  This is completely different than what you said in the post I replied to :shrug:  

Have you seen Trump's little speech at the wedding?  It was just like many of his during his presidency that many of the same people complaining about Joe's mental abilities supported under the previous guy.  It was unhinged, narcissistic, word salad.  It made little sense (like many of his answers to questions and speeches).  There were just as many signs of mental issues with the previous guy than there are now...and people scoffed at such things or ignored them then.  Why?  Because their guy.  That was the point.
Is Trump the current president? No? They why does it matter now?

There were just as many signs of mental issues with the previous guy than there are now
Then why are you fine with criticizing Trump & not Biden?

Seems the questions about who is running the country or talking to people are baseless accusations.  There is no evidence that anyone other than President Biden is in charge.
"Whatever you want me to do Nance" - Joe Biden

Granted, that's not much in the way of evidence, but IF Biden is having some sort of mental decline, then it is a valid question as to who is making the decisions.

There were just as many signs of mental issues with the previous guy than there are now...and people scoffed at such things or ignored them then.  Why?  Because their guy.  That was the point.
And they are still ignoring them. If Biden had given an identical speech as Trump did at the wedding there would multiple video links to it in this forum and pointed to as proof positive that he has dementia and we should all be concerned that he is president. But after Trump does this, nothing but crickets from his side. 

Shove the goalposts to where you want them and let me know...then we can talk.  This is completely different than what you said in the post I replied to :shrug:  
How is it different? You quoted:

I didn't say pausing mid sentence,  I said stopping and losing his train of thought. Biden didn't seem to have that much trouble managing his speech in the Obama years. Why is his stutter such an issue now?
and you stated that he did have that much trouble, so I'm asking you for evidence to support that claim that his stutter is just as much an issue now as it was 4 years ago. Video evidence of him stammering, stopping mid sentence and not finishing his train of thought (which you directly quoted) would prove that his stutter is no more an issue now than it ever was.

That's not goalpost moving and that's not different, that's asking you to support your claim.

Here’s the problem: Why would you expect me or anyone else to take a Trump supporter seriously who claims to be concerned about the mental well being of the President? I mean... clearly they’re not after what they supported the last 4 years. By supporting him for 4 years, Trump supporters have dug themselves into many holes such as this where they’ll look like the massive hypocrites they are and won’t be taken seriously as a result, but that was their choice to do that.

Now, if you called out Trump for his incompetence and declining mental state, I have no problem at all with you doing the same for Biden. Do I think Biden has dementia? No? Do I think he’s starting to decline mentally a bit and is too old to be President. Certainly. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Here’s the problem: Why would you expect me or anyone else to take a Trump supporter seriously who claims considered about the mental well being of the President? I mean... clearly they’re not after what they supported the last 4 years.

Now, if you called out Trump for his incompetence and declining mental state, I have no problem at all with you doing the same for Biden. Do I think Biden has dementia? No? Do I think he’s starting to decline mentally a bit and is too old to be President. Certainly. 
No, the problem is that you assume I am a Trump supporter when nothing could be further from the truth. I am not a Trump supporter, nor have I even been. I can't stand the orange d-bag, couldn't stand him before he was even considered a candidate, didn't vote for him in any election & never will in any future election. But Trump is not the current sitting President, Biden is. Trump can be all the bumbling, narcissistic, arrogant, piece of garbage he wants and it makes no hill of beans whatsoever to the American people for at least the next four years, so I couldn't possibly care any less right now. What I care about now is the current state of THIS administration and how it affects us for the next four years or more.

No, the problem is that you assume I am a Trump supporter when nothing could be further from the truth. I am not a Trump supporter, nor have I even been. I can't stand the orange d-bag, couldn't stand him before he was even considered a candidate, didn't vote for him in any election & never will in any future election. But Trump is not the current sitting President, Biden is. Trump can be all the bumbling, narcissistic, arrogant, piece of garbage he wants and it makes no hill of beans whatsoever to the American people for at least the next four years, so I couldn't possibly care any less right now. What I care about now is the current state of THIS administration and how it affects us for the next four years or more.
I completely agree with your overall point that we should be focused on the current administration and like I said, your point that Joe is mentally declining and is too old to be President is completely valid. Since you held Trump to the same standards, I have no problem with that at all. 

I’m just not going to waste my time arguing with the bad faith Trump supporters who were silent about his mental state the last 4 years, which I’ve seen multiple of in this thread.

How is it different? You quoted:

and you stated that he did have that much trouble, so I'm asking you for evidence to support that claim that his stutter is just as much an issue now as it was 4 years ago. Video evidence of him stammering, stopping mid sentence and not finishing his train of thought (which you directly quoted) would prove that his stutter is no more an issue now than it ever was.

That's not goalpost moving and that's not different, that's asking you to support your claim.
How about all the people poking fun at him for misspeaking, stumbling over his words and/or labeling him things like "Ramblin' Joe" and "The Gaffe Prone VP that Obama should keep out of sight"??  These are all based on his stuttering problems.  I see TONS of these :pokey:  meme posts coming through daily on facebook that chronicle this.  Can't be that tough to find.  

Wow. Yes. My meter was way, way down for a moment. Admit it, with all the stuff that's said in this forum -- and how wrong it can be -- we can be forgiven, I think, for missing that one. Taki is usually way smarter than that, so I should have known it was tone rather than substance I was missing.
You were about to get a thatsthejoke.jpg reply

I completely agree with your overall point that we should be focused on the current administration and like I said, your point that Joe is mentally declining and is too old to be President is completely valid. Since you held Trump to the same standards, I have no problem with that at all. 

I’m just not going to waste my time arguing with the bad faith Trump supporters who were silent about his mental state the last 4 years, which I’ve seen multiple of in this thread.
FWIW, I never said that he was too old & I only question whether he is having mental decline. I don't think that it's fair to say that it's a certainty, but I think that it's important to be open to the possibility & that there is valid evidence to support that possibility.

FWIW, I never said that he was too old & I only question whether he is having mental decline. I don't think that it's fair to say that it's a certainty, but I think that it's important to be open to the possibility & that there is valid evidence to support that possibility.
I haven’t seen any. 

How about all the people poking fun at him for misspeaking, stumbling over his words and/or labeling him things like "Ramblin' Joe" and "The Gaffe Prone VP that Obama should keep out of sight"??  These are all based on his stuttering problems.  I see TONS of these :pokey:  meme posts coming through daily on facebook that chronicle this.  Can't be that tough to find.  
Gaffe's and saying goofy or inappropriate things is a lot different than completely forgetting what you are saying mid-sentence and needing your staff to write answers to questions for you on a notebook. And any moron, including myself, can find a meme that steers the reader to whatever the creator wants to project. I'm talking about proof that Biden previously had issues with not being able to finish his sentences because he forgot what he was trying to say.

I haven’t seen any. 
You're certainly welcome to provide examples of him losing his train of thought mid-sentence and/or requiring a notebook & cue cards to get through a public appearance. I would happily admit that I'm wrong & my concern is misplaced.

You're certainly welcome to provide examples of him losing his train of thought mid-sentence and/or requiring a notebook & cue cards to get through a public appearance. I would happily admit that I'm wrong & my concern is misplaced.
You’re the one expressing concern, not me. Why should I have to provide examples of anything? 

• Thinking
Reactions: rct
According to this poll from last month, it’s a purely partisan thing: 

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.businessinsider.com/biden-mental-fitness-insider-poll-2021-2%3famp

Around 33% of the public is concerned about Biden’s mental ability. Almost all of them are Republicans. 

This is a non-story. 
A poll from over a month ago simply asking of he's fit enough as proof? A "nationwide" sample of 1,154 people on Surveymonkey? BTW, the article didn't link the poll.

Age and party affiliation appeared to have impacted people's responses
I'm shocked

All his public life Winston Churchill used cue cards or note cards to get through any public address he did. And most politicians don't always wing it like Trump did, they usually have some sort of prepared notes for speeches. 

You’re the one expressing concern, not me. Why should I have to provide examples of anything? 
You don't, unless you want to refute the possibility that he's in mental decline other than to say that you don't see it. You didn't have to respond to me if you disagreed, but since you did I invited you to provide something to support why you don't see it.

“I think Biden is in mental decline, prove to me I’m wrong!” Isn’t exactly a compelling argument. 
Evidence of a possible mental decline has been provided already in this thread. So far, nothing has been provided to dispel those concerns. Believe me, I looked at a BUNCH of old video of Biden & I couldn't find anything even similar to what I've seen lately.

So like a lot of posts here?

All his public life Winston Churchill used cue cards or note cards to get through any public address he did. And most politicians don't always wing it like Trump did, they usually have some sort of prepared notes for speeches. 
Winston Churchill is not really the best example to use. From Wikipedia:

Health issues to eventual resignation

Churchill was nearly 77 when he took office and was not in good health following several minor strokes.[415] By December, George VI had become concerned about Churchill's decline and intended asking him to stand down in favour of Eden, but the King had his own serious health issues and died on 6 February without making the request.[416] Churchill developed a close friendship with Elizabeth II. It was widely expected that he would retire after her Coronation in May 1953 but, after Eden became seriously ill, Churchill increased his own responsibilities by taking over at the Foreign Office.[417][418][419] Eden was incapacitated until the end of the year and was never completely well again.[420]

On the evening of 23 June 1953, Churchill suffered a serious stroke and became partially paralysed down one side. Had Eden been well, Churchill's premiership would most likely have been over. The matter was kept secret and Churchill went home to Chartwell to recuperate. He had fully recovered by November.[421][422][423] He retired as Prime Minister in April 1955 and was succeeded by Eden.[424]

Winston Churchill is not really the best example to use. From Wikipedia:
He did that all his life, he was a politician since his 20s. And your Wiki quote is from 1953. Not during WW2 when he became Prime Minister and he spoke from note cards then. 

not sure.  access to him with unscripted questions seems to be off limits so it's hard to say.  I think it's early to mid dementia.  I'm not in the medical field.

so shoot me for my opinion.  It would be the same for anyone for as many gaffs as he has had & those are just the ones we know about.   I've seen that stare before-not good.
I've seen this mentioned by a few people. Are folks thinking that the media knows Biden has dementia but are not saying anything? That they're knowingly giving him softball questions that he can only respond to because he has the answers in front of him? Is that the claim?

Gaffe's and saying goofy or inappropriate things is a lot different than completely forgetting what you are saying mid-sentence and needing your staff to write answers to questions for you on a notebook. And any moron, including myself, can find a meme that steers the reader to whatever the creator wants to project. I'm talking about proof that Biden previously had issues with not being able to finish his sentences because he forgot what he was trying to say.
Not sure if this is true or not, but let's assume it is and that's what they are doing.  Isn't it logical to see why they'd do that for someone so prone to saying goofy or inappropriate things?  I'll forgo precedents set in the past as this seems to stand easily on it's own without it.  

ETA:  And to be clear, I don't question Biden is declining.  He is.  We all are.  That's what happens.  It doesn't mean he's just now struggling with his condition.  It just means there's a spotlight on him now brighter than ever before and a lot of people are probably noticing more now than they did in the past.  My :2cents:  

Not sure if this is true or not, but let's assume it is and that's what they are doing.  Isn't it logical to see why they'd do that for someone so prone to saying goofy or inappropriate things?  I'll forgo precedents set in the past as this seems to stand easily on it's own without it.  
Yes, that's a logical possibility. I hope in future appearances he spends much less effort fumbling through the notes. I hope he's just not as practiced or prepared in this as previous presidents seemed to be or his staff just did a very poor job of organizing his notes, but after almost 50 years in office that doesn't seem logical either.

I've seen this mentioned by a few people. Are folks thinking that the media knows Biden has dementia but are not saying anything? That they're knowingly giving him softball questions that he can only respond to because he has the answers in front of him? Is that the claim?
I don't know.

Yes, that's a logical possibility. I hope in future appearances he spends much less effort fumbling through the notes. I hope he's just not as practiced or prepared in this as previous presidents seemed to be or his staff just did a very poor job of organizing his notes, but after almost 50 years in office that doesn't seem logical either.
Generally curious, but has this been a concern for you with any individual that goes to a podium with notes?  The best orators of our time go to the podium with notes.  Of course the "best" ones keep their place on the teleprompter and the position on the hard copy in sync so it's less obvious, but they all do this.  I just find this particular issue of "having to have notes" not all that compelling so I'm asking questions to try and understand why others DO think it's compelling.  There's no question that the long pauses or forgotten thoughts are most likely the next progression in his battle with his disability.

Biden when discussing the filibuster shortly after saying he came to the senate 120 years ago says this:

And so I’m going to say something outrageous. I’ve never been particularly poor at calculating how to get things done in the United States Senate. So the best way to get something done, if you hold near and dear to you that you like to be able to… Anyway, we’re ready to get a lot done. And if we have to, if there’s complete lockdown and chaos as a consequence of the filibuster, then we’ll have to go beyond what I’m talking about. Okay. Hang on. Sorry.
Straight from the transcript. That's not a stuttering problem.  That's an aged brain not being able to keep coherent thoughts.  It is what it is and we all see it.

Here’s the problem: Why would you expect me or anyone else to take a Trump supporter seriously who claims to be concerned about the mental well being of the President? I mean... clearly they’re not after what they supported the last 4 years. By supporting him for 4 years, Trump supporters have dug themselves into many holes such as this where they’ll look like the massive hypocrites they are and won’t be taken seriously as a result, but that was their choice to do that.

These statements are just flat out of crazytown.

So if Joe Biden started jumping up and down and yelling  DAMN THE TORPEDOS!!!  at his next news conference, anyone who didn't express issues with Trump's mental state are not allowed to comment?   

What the WHAT?

I see a very very old and feeble man in Joe Biden and I have seen nothing at all to make me believe otherwise.  Now, does that mean his mental state is declining? I don't know and I likely won't know until he either dies or leaves office.  And that's how it should be.  I don't need the world knowing that my President is a feeble old man.  I expect that to be hidden as much as possible.

However, the notion that because someone didn't call out Trump means they can't callout Biden is just weak.

Generally curious, but has this been a concern for you with any individual that goes to a podium with notes?  The best orators of our time go to the podium with notes.  Of course the "best" ones keep their place on the teleprompter and the position on the hard copy in sync so it's less obvious, but they all do this.  I just find this particular issue of "having to have notes" not all that compelling so I'm asking questions to try and understand why others DO think it's compelling.  There's no question that the long pauses or forgotten thoughts are most likely the next progression in his battle with his disability.
If you look at using notes by itself and completely ignore the other signs then it's not compelling at all, but the fact that he seemed to have issue finding what he was looking for in the notes and kept fumbling through them or couldn't find what he was looking for at all makes it an added concern. Again, that could be just because he's never used notes before like that or his staff did a poor job of preparing them, but again, if he's never used notes like that then why is he now? Maybe because they wanted to limit the gaffes, that's a valid argument and as I said, I hope he's better prepared for it next time because even if it wasn't totally his fault, it certainly had the optics to support a decline.

If you look at using notes by itself and completely ignore the other signs then it's not compelling at all, but the fact that he seemed to have issue finding what he was looking for in the notes and kept fumbling through them or couldn't find what he was looking for at all makes it an added concern. Again, that could be just because he's never used notes before like that or his staff did a poor job of preparing them, but again, if he's never used notes like that then why is he now? Maybe because they wanted to limit the gaffes, that's a valid argument and as I said, I hope he's better prepared for it next time because even if it wasn't his fault, it certainly had the optics to support a decline.
In today's day and age?  A million reasons, starting first and foremost with every single word being scrutinized by haters/lovers alike.  A second reason is he/they understand he's now President of the United States.  His words now have more weight than they ever have or ever will again.  Third, he's in his late 70s and forgets.  When people want to make sure they are getting their message across, they'll do what they have to in order to make that happen.  

I guess I'll be concerned about this kind of stuff when it starts surfacing on outlets I regularly frequent.  I don't know...just doesn't resonate with me.  It didn't resonate with me with Trump either.  "OMG, did you see had is notes written in Sharpie?!?!?!?!?"  Was pretty stupid IMO.  Of course, the points written were of interest as they should be here.  But that's not what people seem to be talking about.

Yes, I've heard that claim being made on more than one occasion, but not necessarily in this forum. Claims that the questions are either scripted or the administration is given advanced notice and/or approve questions beforehand. FOX has already raised the concern of allowing only certain organizations access to ask questions, but I honestly don't know the accuracy of that claim.

These statements are just flat out of crazytown.

So if Joe Biden started jumping up and down and yelling  DAMN THE TORPEDOS!!!  at his next news conference, anyone who didn't express issues with Trump's mental state are not allowed to comment?   

What the WHAT?

I see a very very old and feeble man in Joe Biden and I have seen nothing at all to make me believe otherwise.  Now, does that mean his mental state is declining? I don't know and I likely won't know until he either dies or leaves office.  And that's how it should be.  I don't need the world knowing that my President is a feeble old man.  I expect that to be hidden as much as possible.

However, the notion that because someone didn't call out Trump means they can't callout Biden is just weak.
They are allowed to comment, they just shouldn’t be taken seriously because they’re obviously just saying it in bad faith. Partisan hacks need to be called out when they’re being partisan hacks and should not be taken seriously.

I see the same things you see in Joe Biden. I also saw those same exact things in Donald Trump and he was a far more deranged and out of control person than Joe Biden, which made his mental decline insanely obvious to anyone paying even remote attention to politics over the last few years. 

They are allowed to comment, they just shouldn’t be taken seriously because they’re obviously just saying it in bad faith. Partisan hacks need to be called out when they’re being partisan hacks and should not be taken seriously.

I see the same things you see in Joe Biden. I also saw those same exact things in Donald Trump and he was a far more deranged and out of control person than Joe Biden, which made his mental decline insanely obvious to anyone paying even remote attention to politics over the last few years. 
Meh...I take them seriously.   I don't generally do that whataboutism stuff.  Call it as you see it.   You do and hey that's your right. 

Is Trump the current president? No? They why does it matter now?

Then why are you fine with criticizing Trump & not Biden?

"Whatever you want me to do Nance" - Joe Biden

Granted, that's not much in the way of evidence, but IF Biden is having some sort of mental decline, then it is a valid question as to who is making the decisions.
Its a comparison...especially with the large majority of those critical now having said zero just months ago and even supported things that were brought up.

Im fine criticizing Trump being unhinged sure.  Not sure I ever claimed he had dementia as some are now.  Did I?

The Nance thing when they were figuring out if he would take questions?  Thats a sign someone else is running the country?  That is a huge reach to be kind...disingenuous more like it.

Meh...I take them seriously.   I don't generally do that whataboutism stuff.  Call it as you see it.   You do and hey that's your right. 
So you’re telling me you think Biden supporters who blamed kids being in cages all on Trump the last 4 years but are silent now that Biden is in office should be taken seriously? Because that’s essentially the exact same argument you’re making for your side. Take people seriously who have a clear bias and agenda.

Its a comparison...especially with the large majority of those critical now having said zero just months ago and even supported things that were brought up.

Im fine criticizing Trump being unhinged sure.  Not sure I ever claimed he had dementia as some are now.  Did I?
Ok, so compare how Biden did to Obama, or Bush, or Clinton etc as well. Did any of them have the same struggles that Biden appeared to? If "not Trump" is your litmus then you're setting the bar pretty darn low. That's why any comparison between the two is such a fallacy. That & the fact that Trump is no longer the one in power.

I'm not claiming that he has dementia, but I am open to the possibility. I've never claimed anything more than that.

The Nance thing when they were figuring out if he would take questions?  Thats a sign someone else is running the country?  That is a huge reach to be kind...disingenuous more like it.
What's disingenuous is cherry-picking that comment and completely ignoring everything I said after it.

To the extent that the discussion is about whether the 25th Amendment should ever be invoked to remove Biden from office, comparisons to Trump seem like the most important precedent we can use.  I thought Trump should have been removed but he wasn’t.  As long as Biden’s mental health is better than Trump’s was during office, it doesn’t seem like he can meet the standard for removal.

Users who are viewing this thread