What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***Official President Joe Biden Thread*** BEST EVER! (3 Viewers)

Did you really just say “even that big of a deal” to insider trading.  If you could read, the article tells you what it’s affect on the stock price was. 

Horrible, even from an everything lefty woke apologist like yourself. 
Have you looked at the tech sector since March 31  :lmao:

MSFT is tailing two of my tech focused ETF's and inline with GOOG, AMZN. AAPL etc. But this maybe 2 billion dollar year is what moved the markets. What a joke.

It’s not about taxing the rich - it’s about a fair share - and Fortune 500 paying zero federally would not be good faith fair share.

not saying what they did was illegal.

we wouldnt have to tax them more if the last tax plan wasn’t a fraud.
I find phrases like “fair share” and “wealth disparity” to be unproductive to the tax discussion.  If I give you $1 and I give somebody else $2, I’ve created “wealth disparity.”  Yet you are $1 richer.

Doesn’t matter what the market did. It’s having insider knowledge. You can’t possibly be this dense. 
You said the Microsoft rose on this. All tech rose since March 31. Do you have any idea how the markets work? It doesn’t seem like it. This is like a talking to a child.

Link? 

Reading is part of your problem apparently.  
You said some nonsense about “an article” stating that Microsoft rose because of this. 

All tech has risen since March. Microsoft revenue was like 140 !Billion last year. 

Microsoft isn’t some start up, it always goes up.

It’s hilarious to me that you are suddenly concerned about this. 

You said some nonsense about “an article” stating that Microsoft rose because of this. 

All tech has risen since March. Microsoft revenue was like 140 !Billion last year. 

Microsoft isn’t some start up, it always goes up.

It’s hilarious to me that you are suddenly concerned about this. 
So no link then. 

Spouting crap you cant back up. Sho, Jr.  

Unable to provide a link because the only person who said the government contract changed the market was him. Even bigger red herring is RBLX.  Most anticipated IPO - LMAO. 

Did you really just say “even that big of a deal” to insider trading.  If you could read, the article tells you what it’s affect on the stock price was. 

Horrible, even from an everything lefty woke apologist like yourself. 
The article by the way doesn't say what you said is the great part :lol:  

The article by the way doesn't say what you said is the great part :lol:  
Keep throwing out strawmen. But to be fair, you're probably just not smart enough to grasp why it would be insider trading. 

22 billion dollar contract is upwards of 15% of Microsoft's revenues volume per year. Given the fat on those contracts it could be it could be 20-25% of their profits. They are selling VR headsets to the government at 180k a pop. 

But you didnt know nor do you understand any of that. Your keep focusing on what happened to the tech stocks in the past year and RBLX.  :lmao:

Keep throwing out strawmen. But to be fair, you're probably just not smart enough to grasp why it would be insider trading. 

22 billion dollar contract is upwards of 15% of Microsoft's revenues volume per year. Given the fat on those contracts it could be it could be 20-25% of their profits. They are selling VR headsets to the government at 180k a pop. 

But you didnt know nor do you understand any of that. Your keep focusing on what happened to the tech stocks in the past year and RBLX.  :lmao:
For ####s sake. It's a contract that perhaps could be worth up to 22 billion...over 10 years. Please update your math.

You highlighted this article (incorrectly) attributing the rise in MSFT since that date to this contract - it didn't it simply was stating that the stock was up since that date. All tech stocks have risen since this date. Microsoft is inline with all tech companies. Common Tech ETF's are doing much better over this period. Do you understand?

You then said Roblox wasn't highly anticipated. It was, very much so. Sorry you missed out. 

I think you are preoccupied trying to call people stupid to read this stuff perhaps.

For ####s sake. It's a contract that perhaps could be worth up to 22 billion...over 10 years. Please update your math.

You highlighted this article (incorrectly) attributing the rise in MSFT since that date to this contract - it didn't it simply was stating that the stock was up since that date. All tech stocks have risen since this date. Microsoft is inline with all tech companies. Common Tech ETF's are doing much better over this period. Do you understand?

You then said Roblox wasn't highly anticipated. It was, very much so. Sorry you missed out. 

I think you are preoccupied trying to call people stupid to read this stuff perhaps.
I hope you invested the farm in RBLX.  :lmao: :lmao:

neither of those eliminate the perception though, the trust in politicians is an issue, IMO.   
I get it. Blind trust unless I'm missing something works for me, or making all their trades public.

Having these people completely unable to participate in the markets is too much. I'd be in favor of greater focus and scrutiny of their trades and investments.

Biden should call the new tax The America Funding Rate - make it patriotic

That would likely pop the support up ten percent

Biden to the PM from Japan. " And we have a Japanese boy coming over here and guess what ..he won The Masters"  The PM from Japan looked at Biden like..what? Hideki Matsuyama is 29 years old.
Bad, but it could be worse. He could be media-savvy, woke, and use his wokeness as a cudgel against people. As it is, he has no real leg to stand on. Like the time he asked the handicapped gentleman to stand up and be recognized.

"Oh, God love ya..." said Biden.

He's always been a smooth, smooth operator.

Members of Congress should not be allowed to own individual stocks.  They can own stocks as part of a mutual fund.  Elizabeth Warren has this in her ethics bill but it’ll never pass.  
The fact that so many members of congress pick their own stocks would normally make me even more cynical about the quality of our government -- have these people never heard of the efficient market hypothesis?  

It's ironically a little relieving to realize that they're just crooks and not actually that dumb.

But I agree.  They should all be herded into mutual funds, and then we should refuse to seat the nimrods who choose actively managed funds over index funds.

If people in Congress want to own stocks, they should own index funds. 

Publicizing their positions won't do anything. Half the country thinks insider trading by people in thier party makes them smart.

Didn't the two Republican Senatorial candidates from Georgia trade on covid-related inside information? I realize they lost, but I don't think that's why. People didn't seem to care.

Didn't the two Republican Senatorial candidates from Georgia trade on covid-related inside information? I realize they lost, but I don't think that's why. People didn't seem to care.
My recollection is that this was a huge deal for like five minutes, and then we all moved on to the next outrage.  It was the Trump era, after all.

If people in Congress want to own stocks, they should own index funds. 

Publicizing their positions won't do anything. Half the country thinks insider trading by people in thier party makes them smart.

Why should this be a concern? If people want to think this so be it.

There were a handful of people whose trades were being questioned (one of them was Loeffler, I don't remember if the other guy was being looked at). Burr from NC who was the chair of the Intelligence Committee was the one that seemed the most fishy. He sold a bunch of, IIRC, travel related stocks while reportedly telling some well connected donors this was a potential ####storm coming our way. Publicly he continued to tell everyone we were good. He could just as easily have sold off Index funds if his inside info was telling him to get liquid. He did something like 25 trades in a day for a couple million. By looking at his trading history you could see if this was unusual, you could know the timing of intelligence he received, etc.

Scrutinizing their trades or if you want to really limit this a blind trust seems the most realistic way to handle this.

Last edited by a moderator:
I cared about the COVID-related trading enough to like fatguy's post and remember what had happened when it was brought up by him, but I forgot the specifics, because, like Ivan said, when it came to politics, we were worried about other things including and up to peaceful transfers of power from an unusually antagonistic and possibly corrupt administration to a hopefully normal one. At the time that it happened, COVID was so new that we (and the news we consume) were also worried that if you touched a surface that you would die, so people at that particular time had other stuff on their mind rather than Congressional reform.

The only problem I see with limiting what stocks people who serve in Congress can hold is the constitutionality of that restriction under the right to work doctrine. It strikes me as a denial of certain basic fundamental rights in that sense. I could be way off base, but it doesn't seem to pass a smell test in that regard.

Biden to Republicans: Show me your infrastructure plan

President Joe Biden challenged Republicans on Monday to offer their own alternative to his $2 trillion-plus infrastructure proposal, saying he’s open to looking at any idea that has bipartisan support and a way to pay for it, people who attended an afternoon White House meeting with lawmakers said afterward.

“The president challenged Republicans who said they're not comfortable with the corporate tax increase,” Rep. Norma Torres (D-Calif.), who attended the meeting, said in an interview. She quoted Biden as saying, “I want you to come to me and put a plan on the table — a real plan with a pay-for, and what you call infrastructure.“

Torres said Biden declared himself “open to hearing all proposals that are delivered to his desk, and that's what he challenged us“ to do.

Biden told Republicans to come back to him with a proposal by mid-May, Rep. Carlos Giménez (R-Fla.) said.

President Joe Biden challenged Republicans on Monday to offer their own alternative to his $2 trillion-plus infrastructure proposal, saying he’s open to looking at any idea that has bipartisan support and a way to pay for it, people who attended an afternoon White House meeting with lawmakers said afterward.

“The president challenged Republicans who said they're not comfortable with the corporate tax increase,” Rep. Norma Torres (D-Calif.), who attended the meeting, said in an interview. She quoted Biden as saying, “I want you to come to me and put a plan on the table — a real plan with a pay-for, and what you call infrastructure.“

Torres said Biden declared himself “open to hearing all proposals that are delivered to his desk, and that's what he challenged us“ to do.

Biden told Republicans to come back to him with a proposal by mid-May, Rep. Carlos Giménez (R-Fla.) said.
That's how a leader leads.

Hopefully the Republicans will have a good plan that will accenuate the Democrats plan for the betterment of American citizens.  I don't have much faith in that, as I feel it will be rife with pork/unreasonable demands not relevant to infrastructure......but it's good to see Biden reaching out.  

Mid-May? Don’t they have a plan from the Trump years ready to go :lol:

Dust that thing off and we can work from there.

That's how a leader leads.

Hopefully the Republicans will have a good plan that will accenuate the Democrats plan for the betterment of American citizens.  I don't have much faith in that, as I feel it will be rife with pork/unreasonable demands not relevant to infrastructure......but it's good to see Biden reaching out.  
Yup, don't complain about it unless you can offer us something better. Show us something else to consider.

Mid-May? Don’t they have a plan from the Trump years ready to go :lol:

Dust that thing off and we can work from there.
The thing is, I don't believe the Republicans cared much for Trump's plans either. They weren't rushing to get it passed when they held a majority in both chambers. And they don't seem to offer up much in the way of their own ideas. At Joe's giving them a chance to show him something.

The thing is, I don't believe the Republicans cared much for Trump's plans either. They weren't rushing to get it passed when they held a majority in both chambers. And they don't seem to offer up much in the way of their own ideas. At Joe's giving them a chance to show him something.
Yup. Here's an opportunity for Mitch and Kevin to present their deals.

Did anyone ever see Don's plan? I just know of the running "infrastructure week" joke.

Pres. Biden masks up for a video call to discuss climate change with world leaders

He appears to be the only one wearing a mask

LINK

I guess inside the first 100 days Biden finally did something I'm in 100% agreement on - IRS cash infusion to bolster audits.  I always thought it was shortsighted to cut IRS funding by the red team (though I fully understand and sympathize with the reason - the blue team unequivocally used the IRS as a political weapon, which was unconscionable).  

All taxpayers should pay their legally required share under the law.  

I guess inside the first 100 days Biden finally did something I'm in 100% agreement on - IRS cash infusion to bolster audits.  I always thought it was shortsighted to cut IRS funding by the red team (though I fully understand and sympathize with the reason - the blue team unequivocally used the IRS as a political weapon, which was unconscionable).  

All taxpayers should pay their legally required share under the law.  
I may need to temper this kudos.  From my understanding the head of the IRS said 25B was enough.  80B may be excessive.

Somehow I doubt the admin looked at a marginal revenue projection to see if the expenditures at that level have a positive ROI.  At some point it goes from high ROI to just citizen harassment. 

Users who are viewing this thread