Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

***Official President Joe Biden Thread***

SHIZNITTTT

3 minutes ago, Sand said:

I may need to temper this kudos.  From my understanding the head of the IRS said 25B was enough.  80B may be excessive.

Somehow I doubt the admin looked at a marginal revenue projection to see if the expenditures at that level have a positive ROI.  At some point it goes from high ROI to just citizen harassment. 

That's a red flag, IMO.  Biden appears to be ready to go after Conservatives again by weaponizing the IRS.

Don't worry, liberals, you're good.  No need to worry.  :thumbup:

6 minutes ago, BladeRunner said:

That's a red flag, IMO.  Biden appears to be ready to go after Conservatives again by weaponizing the IRS.

Don't worry, liberals, you're good.  No need to worry.  :thumbup:

Is there some official list of conservatives and liberals so I can make sure I'm labeled correctly?

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, BladeRunner said:

Yes.  How do you think they went after them the first time?

Is it in the presidential book of secrets like we learned about from National Treasure 2?  

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, BladeRunner said:

Yes.  How do you think they went after them the first time?

Assuming you mean the IRS Scandal of 2013 then the approach was to keep the former president's appointee in charge of the IRS and then allow the Republicans in a local office create unchecked short cuts for their job duties to offset the IRS being understaffed due to their budget being targeted by GOP law makers.

Is that what you mean?

1 minute ago, Bottomfeeder Sports said:

Assuming you mean the IRS Scandal of 2013 then the approach was to keep the former president's appointee in charge of the IRS and then allow the Republicans in a local office create unchecked short cuts for their job duties to offset the IRS being understaffed due to their budget being targeted by GOP law makers.

Is that what you mean?

Nope.

1 minute ago, BladeRunner said:

Yeah, good question.  Maybe?  Maybe not?

You should ask Lois Lerner.  She would know what Obama told her.

Guess I’ll just have to head over to the illuminati headquarters and ask for the registrar list.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, dkp993 said:

Guess I’ll just have to head over to the illuminati headquarters and ask for the registrar list.

Absolutely.  I believe they stored it right next to the Steel Dossier.

Edited by BladeRunner
  • Thanks 1
  • Laughing 1

4 minutes ago, BladeRunner said:

Yeah, good question.  Maybe?  Maybe not?

You should ask Lois Lerner.  She would know what Obama told her.

Lois took the 5th.  won't get anything out of her.

• Sad 1

Just now, BladeRunner said:

Absolutely.  I believe they filed it right next to the Steel Dossier.

Probably, it’s right before the 2020 rigged election file.  But it’s all in the master file called “deep state”.  

9 minutes ago, dkp993 said:

Probably, it’s right before the 2020 rigged election file.  But it’s all in the master file called “deep state”.  

Probably.  BTW, while you're there, can you pick up the 2016 rigged election file too?  And the 2000 one as well?  Might as well get them all while you're there.  :shrug:

Edited by BladeRunner

57 minutes ago, shadrap said:

Lois took the 5th.  won't get anything out of her.

What do you think happened?  So you all feel you know better than the person who investigated and issued a report?

27 minutes ago, sho nuff said:

What do you think happened?  So you all feel you know better than the person who investigated and issued a report?

why the questions?  I just stated she took the 5th an didn't answer questions from congress.  is this a gothca moment or something?

39 minutes ago, shadrap said:

why the questions?  I just stated she took the 5th an didn't answer questions from congress.  is this a gothca moment or something?

Just wondering why even continue talking about her as if the IRS was weaponized (as was wrongly claimed)

10 minutes ago, Sand said:

Another case of "Do as I say" - it looks like Biden managed to avoid ~600k of taxes in total by gaming S-corps on 13M in earnings.

So let's close all those tax loopholes.  Biden got his, so no worries in screwing over the rest of us.

Yeah, well, typical Democrat. They got theirs. But You ain't ever going to get yours.

Edited by BladeRunner

24 minutes ago, Sand said:

Another case of "Do as I say" - it looks like Biden managed to avoid ~600k of taxes in total by gaming S-corps on 13M in earnings.

So let's close all those tax loopholes.  Biden got his, so no worries in screwing over the rest of us.

This was available to anyone, but the proposal is to close it? What would the issue be with this?

• Like 1

3 hours ago, BladeRunner said:

Nope.

Nope as in you are referencing some other IRS  activity?

Or nope that Lois Lerner wasn't appointed to her position in 2006?  That Douglas H. Shulman didn't serve from Mar 24, 2008 thru Nov 9, 2012?   That John Shafer in the Cincinnati office that created the cheat sheet didn't happen to identify himself as a conservative republican?  (To be fair I don't think we know who his fellow screener was.)  Or that the IRS budget was slashed during this period once the GOP retook the House?   (To be fair those appropriation bills did get past the Senate and Obama.)  

Edited by Bottomfeeder Sports

19 minutes ago, The General said:

This was available to anyone, but the proposal is to close it? What would the issue be with this?

If you don't see the hypocrisy... :shrug:

3 minutes ago, Sand said:

If you don't see the hypocrisy... :shrug:

Why would this be hypocritical? 

It was an option. He used it, as anyone could. 

Now they are proposing to close this option moving forward to generate revenue so no one could use it:

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Bottomfeeder Sports said:

Nope as in you are referencing some other IRS  activity?

Or nope that Lois Lerner wasn't appointed to her position in 2006?  That Douglas H. Shulman didn't serve from Mar 24, 2008 thru Nov 9, 2012?   That John Shafer in the Cincinnati office that created the cheat sheet didn't happen to identify himself as a conservative republican?  (To be fair I don't think we know who his fellow screener was.)  Or that the IRS budget was slashed during this period once the GOP retook the House?   (To be fair those appropriation bills did get past the Senate and Obama.)  

Nope.

14 hours ago, BladeRunner said:
14 hours ago, dkp993 said:

Absolutely.  I believe they stored it right next to the Steel Dossier.

Probably the most cogent comment in this thread despite the self owning here.  I tend to agree that the 2013 issues are about as valid as what was in the Steele Dossier :oldunsure: 

11 hours ago, BladeRunner said:
11 hours ago, Sand said:

Yeah, well, typical Democrat. They got theirs. But You ain't ever going to get yours.

This is the end result of poorly thought out talking points.  Remember when "That's just a smart business decision" shtick was rampanet on this board?  All comes to a screeching halt.  

45 minutes ago, The Commish said:

This is the end result of poorly thought out talking points.  Remember when "That's just a smart business decision" shtick was rampanet on this board?  All comes to a screeching halt.  

No, I don't remember.

Also, even if that was the case, as a Democrat should you not practice what you preach?  You're so concerned with the middle class/common man I would think you would lead by example.

So, who's got the poorly thought out talking points again?  Me?  :lol: 

I think not.

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, BladeRunner said:

No, I don't remember.

Also, even if that was the case, as a Democrat should you not practice what you preach?  You're so concerned with the middle class/common man I would think you would lead by example.

So, who's got the poorly thought out talking points again?  Me?  :lol: 

I think not.

It's easy to find all over this forum...and yes, I am all about practice what you preach....that goes beyond party.  I think that's a good rule for all and why I point it out regardless of the "sides" you guys are fixated on.

I classify this topic as I do most of the ####ty tax policies we have.  I don't agree with it, but I do acknowledge it's there for everyone to take part in.  I think it's crap that people are now saying "that's a smart business decision" when they once said "he should do the right thing" and the people saying, now, that what he's doing is wrong when their guy was "making a good business decision" when their guy did it.

Two sides....same coin....congrats.

Edited by The Commish

18 minutes ago, The Commish said:

It's easy to find all over this forum...and yes, I am all about practice what you preach....that goes beyond party.  I think that's a good rule for all and why I point it out regardless of the "sides" you guys are fixated on.

I classify this topic as I do most of the ####ty tax policies we have.  I don't agree with it, but I do acknowledge it's there for everyone to take part in.  I think it's crap that people are now saying "that's a smart business decision" when they once said "he should do the right thing" and the people saying, now, that what he's doing is wrong when their guy was "making a good business decision" when their guy did it.

Two sides....same coin....congrats.

I don't recall ever talking about DJT's business acumen.  Then again, the one he used most effectively was bankruptcy law and he never advocated for changing those set of laws.  Joe is talking about closing the loophole he just used to earn more money than most earn in a decade.  It stinks.

4 minutes ago, Sand said:

I don't recall ever talking about DJT's business acumen.  Then again, the one he used most effectively was bankruptcy law and he never advocated for changing those set of laws.  Joe is talking about closing the loophole he just used to earn more money than most earn in a decade.  It stinks.

You may have missed all those conversations...not sure.  They're still here.  Close all the loopholes :shrug: 

1 hour ago, Sand said:

We we never really go to see Don's taxes so who knows what loopholes he exploited. He said not paying taxes made him smart, that he would be the guy to fix it because he knew all the tricks, etc. But agreed that we don't need to interject him into this.

For Biden and this loophole he used, he is far wealthier than most people that is why he would have used this, right? He used it as anyone could have now it would potentially be closed (only to have other ones open I'm sure :lol: ). I don't see how this is an issue.

1 hour ago, The General said:

We we never really go to see Don's taxes so who knows what loopholes he exploited.

That is true.  Though we do know he exercised bankruptcy laws pretty heavily.  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, The Commish said:

You may have missed all those conversations...not sure.  They're still here.  Close all the loopholes :shrug: 

I did express disappointment in both Obama and Trump that they weren't able to close the carried interest loophole.  That one is truly a loophole that serves to enrich those at the very top.

8 hours ago, joffer said:

all those in favor of the fair tax better be paying 23% on all purchases, or you’re hypocrites.

I also pay around 35% of my income in taxes.  Am i a hypocrit for paying that?     Cuz im against income taxes.

Linky

More black and Hispanic people vaccinated, as a percentage of population, than whites...which is a sign of progress.

People getting vaccinated is great including POC, but is the President really measuring progress in the fight against covid based on unequal vaccine outcomes for white people?

4 minutes ago, djmich said:

Linky

More black and Hispanic people vaccinated, as a percentage of population, than whites...which is a sign of progress.

People getting vaccinated is great including POC, but is the President really measuring progress in the fight against covid based on unequal vaccine outcomes for white people?

There are people in the “Vaccine Passports” thread arguing that it’s racist against minorities to require vaccinations for stuff because they get vaccinated at lower rates.

2 minutes ago, fatguyinalittlecoat said:

There are people in the “Vaccine Passports” thread arguing that it’s racist against minorities to require vaccinations for stuff because they get vaccinated at lower rates.

So it’s actually racist against white people?

1 minute ago, djmich said:

So it’s actually racist against white people?

well, you can bet you last dollar that it's racist against someone.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, djmich said:

Linky

I didn’t see the whole speech but I think the context of this would be that minorities had higher rates of Covid so higher percentage of them getting vaccinated is progress. 

• Like 1