Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

***Official President Joe Biden Thread***

3 hours ago, Sand said:

Cheering the executioners for stopping executions...

This makes no sense. The Biden administration had nothing to do with state restrictions. 

And most of the state restrictions were based on the recommendations of public health officials. Some of it was overly cautious, some of it was inconsistent, but they were trying to save lives and they did. I don’t get the criticism (I never have.) 

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Joe Biden has won this election so many times he is now the 67th president of the United States.

That goes to show just how lucky we have it as middle upper class white dudes.  But, sitting Presidents have affected the lives of non middle upper class white dudes.  So, it's about time we try

So nice to have sanity back at the helm

4 minutes ago, timschochet said:

This makes no sense. The Biden administration had nothing to do with state restrictions. 

We're talking about an administration that fully believes in top down control (see: Voting laws).  This whole "state autonomy" in one case and not another doesn't wash.

And, of course, we've seen what the difference is between those states with draconian lockdowns and business destruction and those that tried to thread the needle and foster business.  The COVID rates were virtually identical. So now we're paying blue states for their horrific decision making.

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, Sand said:

We're talking about an administration that fully believes in top down control (see: Voting laws).  This whole "state autonomy" in one case and not another doesn't wash.

And, of course, we've seen what the difference is between those states with draconian lockdowns and business destruction and those that tried to thread the needle and foster business.  The COVID rates were virtually identical. So now we're paying blue states for their horrific decision making.

So much wrong with this I don’t know where to start. But to your last point, we’re not paying blue states OR red states; we’re helping restaurants. 

2 hours ago, John123 said:

Horrible jobs report today.  Expected 1 million new jobs last month, only got 260k.  Unemployment rate rose for first time since early in the pandemic.  Biden's chief of staff says this proves the last relief bill wasn't enough.  And Biden comes out and blames Trump.  Ugh.

https://www.uschamber.com/press-release/us-chamber-calls-ending-300-weekly-supplemental-unemployment-benefits-address-labor

45 minutes ago, Sand said:

So now we're paying blue states for their horrific decision making.

When do we stop  from paying for all the mismanaged red states? 

On 5/5/2021 at 11:32 PM, dkp993 said:

When you’re in the middle it’s really easy to see both sides are playing the same game.  The stated philosophies may be different but the results are the same. The problem is no one is looking to compromise and we can’t move forward with out it. Both side are 100% more concerned about the other side appearing to get a win then they are the results.  

:yes:

Just now, Opie said:

They shoot themselves in the foot and wonder why there's blood on the floor.

There's some aspect of people preferring to stay home and collect unemployment, instead of working low paying jobs. My friend who is in the cheese business saw it a few months ago, as sales of his brother's imported Gouda cheese went soaring as domestic cheese makers in Wisconsin had trouble finding workers. You can also view it as collective bargaining - pay me more and give such pay or other benefits, otherwise I'll stay home and collect $32,000 a year.

But dig deeper into the unemployment numbers and it's mostly about women, not men. Maybe because they Also are primary caretakers of their children.  Also, the hospitality numbers were good, but not industries with shortages related to chips and lumber. Let's see what May brings.

Posted (edited)

Hospitality did well because they suffered the most during the shutdown and with the restrictions being lifting in some places, people will first want to utilize the hospitality industry.

Somehow, with everything in place, the administration was expecting that over 1 million jobs would be added with the unemployment rate dipping below 6%.

Neither of those happened.
Inflation is kicking in and the price lumber has risen 300%

How did Einstein define insanity?

But hey....good times are coming!  :thumbdown:

(We all already know that if this economy is good...it is thanks to Biden
If this economy keeps tanking...it is once again, Orange Man, Bad)

Edited by Opie
  • Like 1
1 hour ago, SoBeDad said:

But dig deeper into the unemployment numbers and it's mostly about women, not men. Maybe because they Also are primary caretakers of their children.  Also, the hospitality numbers were good, but not industries with shortages related to chips and lumber. Let's see what May brings.

This is a big component, for sure.  It's great to see the Biden administration taking strong steps to getting kids back in schools.

Oh, wait, sorry.  We're talking about the administration who threw the head of the CDC under the bus when she talked about it being safe to get kids back in schools.  Like private/parochial schools have been doing for the better part of a year now.  It's awesome to see the Biden administration choose the unions that are screwing our kids over in favor of fighting for teachers to sit on their butts and watch Netflix.  With full pay, of course.  

And, by corollary to the overall economy since the schools and childcare is such an important cog, actively obstructing our recovery in order to curry favor with education unions.  The administration earned this horrific earnings report - it's a direct result of an easily predictable set of policies implemented at inauguration.

• Love 2
1 hour ago, Opie said:

Neither of those happened.
Inflation is kicking in and the price lumber has risen 300%

Wait until you see the wealth inequality numbers due to the tremendous influx of money into the system along with holding rates at ZIRP.  Asset inflation is the known result.  

38 minutes ago, Mile High said:

63% approval rating. Joe should get on Twitter and brag.

Thought it was closer to 70% but that may have just been about the way he's handling the pandemic.  :oldunsure: 

Good job Joe.

President Biden

·

May 10

United States government official

Since the time I took office, we’ve created more than 1.5 million jobs in the country. It’s the most jobs created in the first hundred days of any president. 

5 hours ago, Mile High said:

Good job Joe.

President Biden

·

May 10

United States government official

Since the time I took office, we’ve created more than 1.5 million jobs in the country. It’s the most jobs created in the first hundred days of any president. 

This post didn't age well.  :doh:

On 5/7/2021 at 1:24 PM, Mile High said:

When do we stop  from paying for all the mismanaged red states? 

this is a joke, right?

• Like 2
Posted (edited)

I like how the hacking of our government in 2020 is Biden's fault.  This is like Obama not visiting after Katrina and/or Katrina itself being his fault.....in 2005.  They are oldies but goodies.

I guess I should just be happy that people are paying attention to our cyber issues even if I know that attention only lasts while the opposing "side" is in office.

Edited by The Commish
  • Like 2
29 minutes ago, timschochet said:

Of the so-called “crisis” listed, the only one that could be a serious problem for Biden is inflation. But hopefully (for all of us) that won’t be the case. 

People have been using the inflation boogeyman for 20 years ever since interest rates bottomed out

• Like 1
58 minutes ago, killface said:

People have been using the inflation boogeyman for 20 years ever since interest rates bottomed out

MARKET PULSE

A slide in U.S. stock indexes accelerated Wednesday midday with the DJ down almost 500, after a reading on inflation for the year to April climbed 4.2%, marking the highest rate in about 13 years.

• Like 1

I’m trying to be objective about Biden.  I voted for him and I want him to succeed.  But right now I’m starting to worry.  He’s got crises developing all over - immigration, inflation, gas shortages, Mideast violence... And at today’s briefing with reporters when he was asked questions he said, “I’m going to get in trouble for answering your questions”.  On this day we need a President answering questions, projecting strength and confidence.

• Thanks 1
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, ekbeats said:

I’m trying to be objective about Biden.  I voted for him and I want him to succeed.  But right now I’m starting to worry.  He’s got crises developing all over - immigration, inflation, gas shortages, Mideast violence... And at today’s briefing with reporters when he was asked questions he said, “I’m going to get in trouble for answering your questions”.  On this day we need a President answering questions, projecting strength and confidence.

The pipeline has started up again.  Biden signed an EO on cybersecurity this afternoon as well.  He is taking it much more seriously than the previous administration

Inflation isn't going to be a problem

Mideast violence has sprung up with every president in the history of the USA.  That's what they do over there.  Putting that on any president is about as disingenuous as it gets.  

Immigration is not going to be easily solved.  I'm willing to give him some time on it.  He's only been in office for 4 months.

• Like 2
Posted (edited)
7 minutes ago, killface said:

The pipeline has started up again.  Biden signed an EO on cybersecurity this afternoon as well.  He is taking it much more seriously than the previous administration

Inflation isn't going to be a problem

Mideast violence has sprung up with every president in the history of the USA.  That's what they do over there.  Putting that on any president is about as disingenuous as it gets.  

Immigration is not going to be easily solved.  I'm willing to give him some time on it.  He's only been in office for 4 months.

He signed an EO and that means he's taking it more seriously?  What information are you basing the bolded on that the previous administration didn't take it seriously?

Also, the left didn't even give trump 3 months.  Why you so willing to give the POTUS a chance now with all the chaos that's going on?

Edited by BladeRunner
3 hours ago, ekbeats said:

I voted for Biden as well but he does not seem up to the task. Too many EOs right off the bat without much planning.  Right now too many problems are testing the new guy.

• Like 1
Posted (edited)

He said that again? Who the hell is he going to get in trouble with?  

:lmao:. If his handlers telling him not to answer question off the cuff isnt proof of his incompetence I dont know what to tell you. 

Edited by tonydead
  • Like 2

But he's nice on twitter

• Like 1
1 minute ago, tonydead said:

:lmao:. If his handlers telling him not to answer question off the cuff isnt proof of him incompetence I dont know what to tell you. 

It’s really hard to watch.  He’s the President of the United States.  Leadership 101.

• Like 1
27 minutes ago, tonydead said:

:lmao:. If his handlers telling him not to answer question off the cuff isnt proof of his incompetence I dont know what to tell you. 

Lesser of two evils, right? A president who doesn’t answer questions compared to a president who would answer questions but lie while doing so. Neither is preferred to be honest. 

• Like 1
  • Thinking 1
6 minutes ago, Witz said:

Lesser of two evils, right? A president who doesn’t answer questions compared to a president who would answer questions but lie while doing so. Neither is preferred to be honest. 

I prefer someone that is at least capable of formulating a response. 

• Like 1

Man I thought 63% was high but Biden’s approval rating of his handling of COVID is even higher: 71%, including 47% of Republicans. 

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.usatoday.com/amp/5027917001

That’s amazing numbers but it’s truly well deserved. When you look at the mess he inherited and what he’s achieved on this issue in such a short time it’s been extraordinary. 

• Like 1
14 minutes ago, Godsbrother said:

People complaining here about inflation and gas shortages are either too young or too old to remember the 1970s.

I don't understand. What's your point?  That just because we had it previously we shouldn't be worried?

12 hours ago, tonydead said:

I prefer someone that is at least capable of formulating a response. 

You must have been pulling your hair out with the last guy!

Hannity: What are your top priority items for a second term?

Former guy: “Well, one of the things that will be really great, you know, the word experience is still good. I always say talent is more important than experience. I've always said that. But the word experience is a very important word. It’s a very important meaning. I never did this before—I never slept over in Washington. I was in Washington I think 17 times, all of the sudden, I'm the president of the United States. You know the story, I'm riding down Pennsylvania Avenue with our First Lady and I say, 'This is great.' But I didn't know very many people in Washington, it wasn't my thing. I was from Manhattan, from New York. Now I know everybody. And I have great people in the administration. You make some mistakes, like you know an idiot like Bolton, all he wanted to do is drop bombs on everybody. You don't have to drop bombs on everybody. You don't have to kill people.”

• Like 3
25 minutes ago, Godsbrother said:

People complaining here about inflation and gas shortages are either too young or too old to remember the 1970s.

I remember the 70's well. It was not a good time.

33 minutes ago, Godsbrother said:

I'm too young, but the data exists and it also shows how silly this comparison is. 

• Like 1
12 minutes ago, BladeRunner said:

I don't understand. What's your point?  That just because we had it previously we shouldn't be worried?

Yes.  You should not be worried about a 0.2% increase in inflation or your ability to get gasoline.

• Like 3
46 minutes ago, Godsbrother said:

Or they're lapping up the narrative of their favorite media outlet.  I mean, here in Central Florida, people are freakin' out and hoarding gas despite the fact that none of this Colonial fiasco impacts us in any way.  It doesn't even service our area.

Ultimately, the most interesting thing about this whole gas issue is all the people now screaming that the federal government has to step in and do something were primarily ones claiming "small government is the way to go" stuff just a few days ago.  

• Like 1

Let’s just see how things pan out.  You all should at least be a little concerned about inflation don’t you think?  The monthly core CPI in April was the highest increase in 50 years.  There are signs everywhere that inflation is a legitimate concern.

• Like 1
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, John123 said:

Biden thinks the governor of Maine is a Republican 😂

Yes, but has he called her a loser and told him to go back to his ####-hole country?

Edited by urbanhack
  • Like 2
47 minutes ago, urbanhack said:

Yes, but has he called him a loser and told him to go back to his ####-hole country?

Please , the pronouns Janet Mills  uses are She/her/hers and she’s from Maine

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Laughing 1
4 hours ago, The Commish said:

Or they're lapping up the narrative of their favorite media outlet.  I mean, here in Central Florida, people are freakin' out and hoarding gas despite the fact that none of this Colonial fiasco impacts us in any way.  It doesn't even service our area.

Ultimately, the most interesting thing about this whole gas issue is all the people now screaming that the federal government has to step in and do something were primarily ones claiming "small government is the way to go" stuff just a few days ago.  

Like reeds in the wind of blowhard conservative mouth pieces

• Like 1