What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***Official President Joe Biden Thread*** BEST EVER! (2 Viewers)

So to reiterate....Goal not met.   Gotcha.
They could still reach the goal. As of 6/9, 63.9% of the adult population (18+) has received at least one dose. 6.1% to go.

CDC Vaccine Data by Jurisdiction

If they reach 68% or 69% by 7/4 that will be fantastic. It's not like the vaccinations cease on that day, or that something magical happens when 70% receive one dose. But I'm sure plenty of people will say "See! Didn't make goal!". That's just playing games. As is people not taking the vaccine for political reasons. I mean, if someone isn't getting the vaccine to prolong this in an effort to slow the improving economy or so that "Biden doesn't reach goal!" that's pathetic. 

I like to understand the people I am engaging with the best I can to foster as much empathy as I can.  Your turn.
Yeah, this post you made really seems like you're trying to understand people and show empathy.  Good lord dude.

Is this even worthy of discussion at this point.  The "HAHAHAHAHAHA.....he failed to meet his goal" crew is generally the "Look at that pathetic goal he set" just a few months ago that claimed a million doses in a month was the "same trajectory" as a million doses a day.  I'm not confident you're going to get very far.  What exactly is the point in engaging that kind of stuff?

We'll completely ignore the reality that this is a personal choice and short of the federal government forcing people to get the vaccine (I can only imagine the thread if that ever happened) the success of the goal is a reflection on the individual choice for a moment to answer the above.  

TL-DR:  This is about individual choice right?  Has ANYONE here taken a peek at the map of areas lacking in vaccine acceptance?  It speaks for itself.

Yeah, this post you made really seems like you're trying to understand people and show empathy.  Good lord dude.

Is this even worthy of discussion at this point.  The "HAHAHAHAHAHA.....he failed to meet his goal" crew is generally the "Look at that pathetic goal he set" just a few months ago that claimed a million doses in a month was the "same trajectory" as a million doses a day.  I'm not confident you're going to get very far.  What exactly is the point in engaging that kind of stuff?

We'll completely ignore the reality that this is a personal choice and short of the federal government forcing people to get the vaccine (I can only imagine the thread if that ever happened) the success of the goal is a reflection on the individual choice for a moment to answer the above.  

TL-DR:  This is about individual choice right?  Has ANYONE here taken a peek at the map of areas lacking in vaccine acceptance?  It speaks for itself.
I guess the struggle is real.  He asked me why I cared what question he asked.  I answered him as it pertained to his question.  Am I constantly trying to do that?  No, of course not.  Some things are obvious and don't need explanation.  They speak for themselves as I outlined in the post you tried to quote.  That wasn't an instance, nor did I claim it to be.  This is hard for you isn't it?

They could still reach the goal. As of 6/9, 63.9% of the adult population (18+) has received at least one dose. 6.1% to go.

CDC Vaccine Data by Jurisdiction

If they reach 68% or 69% by 7/4 that will be fantastic. It's not like the vaccinations cease on that day, or that something magical happens when 70% receive one dose. But I'm sure plenty of people will say "See! Didn't make goal!". That's just playing games. As is people not taking the vaccine for political reasons. I mean, if someone isn't getting the vaccine to prolong this in an effort to slow the improving economy or so that "Biden doesn't reach goal!" that's pathetic. 
Washington State announced it is opening up fully (although we don't know what that means for schools) on June 30 or when 70% of people 16 or over have received at least one shot.   Seattle hit 70% yesterday.  The state is at 66.4% for that group, and on track to hit 70% statewide before the June 30 goal.   

Some states may never hit 70%, but that doesn't make the goal of 70% nationwide unrealistic, nor would getting to 70% later in the summer or fall be a failure.

Agree that it should always remain a personal choice. If people's attitude is that they are genuinely concerned about the vaccine's impact on their health and/or they're not convinced that there is enough long-term data to know for sure, so they're not taking it, I respect that. Probably a super-majority of people can agree on the personal choice aspect of this. 

Almost $50 to fill up the tank today, thanks Joe.
This is the stuff I care about.

Blaming Trump for COVID and praising Biden for his response are both worthless. Neither of them have real influence on how COVID spread through this country.

Bottom line is two of the BLUEST states in the country (with the biggest lockdowns and the strictest mask mandates) had the worst COVID #s. You cant blame that on Trump. Yeah his messaging SUCKED and he sounded like a moron half the time but his influence on the #s was negligible.

Similar to Biden setting a goal on 70% and us not getting there due to vaccine fatigue by BOTH red states as well as minorities.

To think either of these guys have any control on a WORLDWIDE pandemic is utter stupidity.

Heck half the crap Trump spouted is turning out to be true and we even saw Biden banning travel from India when he bashed Trump for being xenophobic.

Instead we should be focusing on the stuff the President can actually control. SKY HIGH inflation is going to destroy us and Biden is to blame for that.

Washington State announced it is opening up fully (although we don't know what that means for schools) on June 30 or when 70% of people 16 or over have received at least one shot.   Seattle hit 70% yesterday.  The state is at 66.4% for that group, and on track to hit 70% statewide before the June 30 goal.   

Some states may never hit 70%, but that doesn't make the goal of 70% nationwide unrealistic, nor would getting to 70% later in the summer or fall be a failure.
Yeah my county has already vaccinated over 70% of the people 12-and-over.  Link  And we're still vaccinating thousands of people every day.  

Agree that it should always remain a personal choice. If people's attitude is that they are genuinely concerned about the vaccine's impact on their health and/or they're not convinced that there is enough long-term data to know for sure, so they're not taking it, I respect that. Probably a super-majority of people can agree on the personal choice aspect of this. 
I disagree that it should be a personal choice.  Vaccines should be administered by choice until we have enough doses to vaccinate everyone, then it should be become mandatory barring medical reasons that would prevent it.  The anti-vaxxers are being reckless and selfish.  Given that there are millions of doses available here in CA, I think we're pretty much at the stage where we should be forcing people to get shots.

I disagree that it should be a personal choice.  Vaccines should be administered by choice until we have enough doses to vaccinate everyone, then it should be become mandatory barring medical reasons that would prevent it.  The anti-vaxxers are being reckless and selfish.  Given that there are millions of doses available here in CA, I think we're pretty much at the stage where we should be forcing people to get shots.
that's a tough one to get behind.  by we, do you mean your state government?

I disagree that it should be a personal choice.  Vaccines should be administered by choice until we have enough doses to vaccinate everyone, then it should be become mandatory barring medical reasons that would prevent it.  
You willing to throw people in jail for not getting vaxxed?  How exactly are you envisioning this?  I agree the govenrnmnt should be providing incentives for everyone to get a shot but actually forcing people to do it has a lot of negative consequences. 

You willing to throw people in jail for not getting vaxxed?  How exactly are you envisioning this?  I agree the govenrnmnt should be providing incentives for everyone to get a shot but actually forcing people to do it has a lot of negative consequences. 
Not willing to throw them in jail, but I think fines should be imposed.  I think it would be more effective than the lottery CA is running, and instead of costing us money it will raise money (or at least offset the costs to society the anti-vaxxers are causing).

This is the stuff I care about.

Blaming Trump for COVID and praising Biden for his response are both worthless. Neither of them have real influence on how COVID spread through this country.

Bottom line is two of the BLUEST states in the country (with the biggest lockdowns and the strictest mask mandates) had the worst COVID #s. You cant blame that on Trump. Yeah his messaging SUCKED and he sounded like a moron half the time but his influence on the #s was negligible.

Similar to Biden setting a goal on 70% and us not getting there due to vaccine fatigue by BOTH red states as well as minorities.

To think either of these guys have any control on a WORLDWIDE pandemic is utter stupidity.

Heck half the crap Trump spouted is turning out to be true and we even saw Biden banning travel from India when he bashed Trump for being xenophobic.

Instead we should be focusing on the stuff the President can actually control. SKY HIGH inflation is going to destroy us and Biden is to blame for that.
We were  told on this board that despite what some perceive to be his failings, we should only judge Biden on a couple things.  One of which was the vaccine rollout.  Which he has not successfully completed(based on his own goal)   

We were  told on this board that despite what some perceive to be his failings, we should only judge Biden on a couple things.  One of which was the vaccine rollout.  Which he has not successfully completed(based on his own goal)   
Vaccine rollout has been wildly successful.  There is a massive surplus of vaccines available.  The problem is vast amount of ignoramuses who refuse to get it.  It's amazing to me that after everything we've been though in the past 15 months that there is a significant percentage of the population that won't step up to put this behind us.

What happened to my body, my choice?  Are you pro-choice for abortions for women?

Vaccine rollout has been wildly successful.  There is a massive surplus of vaccines available.  The problem is vast amount of ignoramuses who refuse to get it.  It's amazing to me that after everything we've been though in the past 15 months that there is a significant percentage of the population that won't step up to put this behind us.
Did the President not know there were ignoramuses before he took office?  If he didn't that's on him as well for making up a number that was never going to be achieved.  It's almost like he didn't put any thought to the actual number, but just threw a 70% out there and it got sucked up like 100% of everything else he says.  

Hmmm

Are we having a spike?

And if you had covid you dont need  the vaccine.    Abundance of caution.

Did the President not know there were ignoramuses before he took office?  If he didn't that's on him as well for making up a number that was never going to be achieved.  It's almost like he didn't put any thought to the actual number, but just threw a 70% out there and it got sucked up like 100% of everything else he says.  

Hmmm
Yeah such a total disaster.  With 3 weeks or so to go.

Cyrus Shahpar

@cyrusshahpar46

Thursday just in: +934K doses reported administered over yesterday’s total. 64% of adults with at least one dose. Let’s continue to try to reach everyone with life-saving vaccines.

Biden’s decision to give the world 500 million doses of vaccine is marvelous, a modern day Marshall Plan. This is one of the great acts by an American President. It’s truly outstanding. 
Hey Tim - Biden isn't going to come on this message board, see your slavish and sycophantic post about him and then give you a call and see if you want to go out on a date.  It ain't going to happen.

Seriously, you can stop with the adolescent fawning over him as if he's Justin Bieber.  It's kind of embarrassing to see you like this.

Hey Tim - Biden isn't going to come on this message board, see your slavish and sycophantic post about him and then give you a call and see if you want to go out on a date.  It ain't going to happen.

Seriously, you can stop with the adolescent fawning over him as if he's Justin Bieber.  It's kind of embarrassing to see you like this.
Pettiness 

Biden’s decision to give the world 500 million doses of vaccine is marvelous, a modern day Marshall Plan. This is one of the great acts by an American President. It’s truly outstanding. 
Well said.  Biden is truly showing that (his words) "America is a shining city upon a hill whose beacon light guides freedom-loving people everywhere”.

President Biden has promised the world that “America is back.”

As he takes his first trip abroad as president, a Pew Research Center global survey released Thursday shows that many in advanced economies believe it.

Trust in the U.S. president fell to historic lows in most countries surveyed during Donald Trump’s presidency, according to Pew.

Under Biden, it has soared. In the 12 countries surveyed both this year and last, a median of 75 percent of respondents expressed confidence in Biden to “do the right thing regarding world affairs,” Pew found, compared with 17 percent for Trump last year. Sixty-two percent of respondents now have a favorable view of the United States vs. 34 percent at the end of Trump’s presidency.
Pew Survey

https://www.washingtonpost.com/world/2021/06/10/pew-global-approval-biden-us/

This is kind of a no-brainer, but I'm glad Biden is doing it.  Trump wouldn't have.

Dickies said:
You support totalitarian govt action.    Notebooked.

Is there any specific part of what I wrote that you take issue with? If so, why? 

Nowhere in your post did you refer to Biden’s action which I was commenting on, or offer any opinion about it. 
Uhm, yeah, I know.  You asked me if there was a specific part of your post and I told you it was the fawning and adulation Justin Bieber part.  :shrug:

We can do without the over-the-top-Hollywood-style dramatics.  No matter how often you repeat, Biden is NOT now and nor will he ever be the greatest president ever.

Last edited by a moderator:
Uhm, yeah, I know.  You asked me if there was a specific part of your post and I told you it was the fawning and adulation Justin Bieber part.  :shrug:

We can do without the over-the-top-Hollywood-style dramatics.  No matter how often you repeat, Biden is NOT now and nor will he ever be the greatest president ever.
I wrote that what he DID here was great. Do you agree? 

Dickies said:
Intelligent discussion here.  Good work

Should we take MSNBC or Palmer Report serious?
I never quote the Palmer Report, as I don't take them seriously. So, no.

As far as MSNBC...I don't recall ever posting an MSNBC video link that and/or article link that people claimed was selectively edited, misleading or fake. 

Last edited by a moderator:
If you have eyeballs and a brain you could watch the video and form your own conclusions. 
Gateway Pundit is one of those sites that has posted and/or reposted selectively edited videos of Biden taken out of context, so any conclusion that anyone may form may be misleading and/or false.

Gateway Pundit is one of those sites that has posted and/or reposted selectively edited videos of Biden taken out of context, so any conclusion that anyone may form may be misleading and/or false.
LOL.. That is ridiculous and untrue.. Just cause it may not give the news you want don't make it false or misleading.

I don't get it.

As they walk to the stage he is like 5th in line chatting with others. He gets to stage, stands in front of his chair, chatting with others. As the photo ends, he allows others to leave in front of him - acting gentlemanly.

MI5 had to coordinate with the Secret Service and USDSS. Along with DGSE, JTF2, PSIA, AISE, and the BND/FIS for this year's G7. ( Feel free to Google any of those, you might learn something today)

Photo op staging has to be run through and coordinated with the various security agencies involved. That's the kind of bureaucratic **** measuring contest, with this many nations involved, requiring input/managing expectations regarding executive security on foreign soil, that is rarely seen by most governments.

You literally avoided the most obvious answer ( security) to defend your position so you could immediately run to being the Source Police yet again. How do you miss that? It's like Todd Pinkston alligator arming a deep ball because he sees the safety creeping up in the corner of his eye.

Everything down to the second and last possible inch is heavily curated and structured for an event like G7.

Users who are viewing this thread