Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

***Official President Joe Biden Thread***

SHIZNITTTT

1 hour ago, shadrap said:

how is it their best interests to NOT stop robocalls?  I don't understand this at all.  What am I missing?

Well, first, there is a law about robocalls.  The problem is the loopholes and caveats carved out by the politicians make it virtually non-existent as a matter of practicality.  But to your question, if they close all the loopholes, that means they (politicians) can't get their message out to their constituents in many cases.  You really think they are going to damage their positions of power just so you don't get an annoying phone call?  I'd say think again.  There's a reason there are so many loopholes and exceptions.  They want them and so do the people paying for their reelection campaigns.  

1 hour ago, shadrap said:

didn't Nato start after WW II?  so why is it in the Korean war it was China vrs. the good old USA?

guess I don't remember all these stalwarts of freedom standing along side us in that tragedy of lives lost.   That NATO?  the one that "deterred that threat"?

The NATO that is supposed to put in a certain amount of money each year based on GDP or some such nonsense that they never do?  That Nato that Trump called them all out for not putting in the sworn contract amount?   That Nato that when anything starts they call the USA?

That "NATO"?

Setting aside the fact that you're completely wrong about the Korean War, the commitment amount isn't due until 2024, and every member country that hasn't hit the benchmark already is on track to hit it.   Several already have.

Nobody owes NATO or the US any money based on what we spend on defense or what they have spent on their own defense.

It's good to check facts, especially if you're going to try to rely on something Trump said.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, -fish- said:

Setting aside the fact that you're completely wrong about the Korean War, the commitment amount isn't due until 2024, and every member country that hasn't hit the benchmark already is on track to hit it.   Several already have.

Nobody owes NATO or the US any money based on what we spend on defense or what they have spent on their own defense.

It's good to check facts, especially if you're going to try to rely on something Trump said.

facts don’t matter any more.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, joffer said:

facts don’t matter any more.

They didn't when we had to listen to Trump dominate news cycles with fiction.   Now that he's on his way to becoming completely irrelevant, facts matter again.   It's good to reinforce that idea.  Once these "audits" prove worthless and we get through another election cycle with a GOP that's been crippled by extremists, republicans will need to reevaluate whether they want to continue down this road.

• Like 1
  • Laughing 2

22 hours ago, -fish- said:

What part about the Korean war was he wrong about?

8 hours ago, BladeRunner said:

What part about the Korean war was he wrong about?

starting with the fact that it was a UN action, pretty much everything.

• Thanks 1

24 minutes ago, knowledge dropper said:

For the month of May, he fell six points to 48% approval and disapproval rose two points to 43%, according to the poll.

16 minutes ago, sho nuff said:

Its right wing news there, you know that, right?  Its not very surprising.

Agreed, its not really surprising that Sky News has the same talking points as Fox News since they are both owned by Rupert Murdoch.

Edited by tymarsas

20 minutes ago, Summer Wheat said:

But that is Biden on the clips though.

Ok…you seemed to make a big deal out of Australian news mocking him.  Hi hen it was not hardly surprising at all for a right wing outlet to do so.

9 hours ago, tymarsas said:

Agreed, its not really surprising that Sky News has the same talking points as Fox News since they are both owned by Rupert Murdoch.

So that's NOT Joe Biden in the video clips?  It's a deep fake?  Is that what you're saying?

2 hours ago, sho nuff said:

Ok…you seemed to make a big deal out of Australian news mocking him.  Hi hen it was not hardly surprising at all for a right wing outlet to do so.

When another country is mocking him I guess it is sort of a big deal. A Canadien station was doing the same thing.

I voted for Biden and still would over Trump but if he were running another country with all his gaffes we would be thinking really??

10 minutes ago, Summer Wheat said:

When another country is mocking him I guess it is sort of a big deal. A Canadien station was doing the same thing.

I voted for Biden and still would over Trump but if he were running another country with all his gaffes we would be thinking really??

A Murdock owned network in another country doing this is not a big deal, no different than being mocked here on Fox News. 

Edited by squistion

12 minutes ago, Summer Wheat said:

Another country?  Its not the country…its a Murdoch right wing station.  No matter what country its in, its not surprising.

Its not new for a news source in another country to mock a President.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BladeRunner said:
1 hour ago, Sand said:

Look's like the Presidential Pooch died today.

Man, that sucks.  Dogs are awesome.  Condolences to POTUS, for sure.

Did he bite the wrong person this time?

Oof.

Another post showing why people chose dog over human

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Obama`s ethics chief rips Biden for his illegal hiring practices.

"I'm sorry, I know some folks don't like hearing any criticism of him. But this royally sucks. I'm disgusted. A lot of us worked hard to tee him up to restore ethics to government and believed the promises. This is a a real 'f*** you' to us—and government ethics," he wrote.

Edited by Summer Wheat

6 minutes ago, Summer Wheat said:

"I'm sorry, I know some folks don't like hearing any criticism of him. But this royally sucks. I'm disgusted. A lot of us worked hard to tee him up to restore ethics to government and believed the promises. This is a a real 'f*** you' to us—and government ethics," he wrote.

Yeah this seems like a legit criticism.  

8 minutes ago, fatguyinalittlecoat said:

Yeah this seems like a legit criticism.  

My response is exactly the same as when I read about Trump’s nepotism: it’s wrong but I don’t care. It’s a minor complaint. My concern is how the country is being run. 

Edited by timschochet

17 minutes ago, timschochet said:

My response is exactly the same as when I read about Trump’s nepotism: it’s wrong but I don’t care. It’s a minor complaint. My concern is how the country is being run. 

Yeah I agree it’s relatively minor in the grand scheme of things but still disappointing.  Same way I felt when they fired staffers for having smoked weed.

2 minutes ago, fatguyinalittlecoat said:

Yeah I agree it’s relatively minor in the grand scheme of things but still disappointing.  Same way I felt when they fired staffers for having smoked weed.

Yeah its not huge but its an awful look.  Its stuff that needs to be cleaned up.

39 minutes ago, sho nuff said:

Yeah its not huge but its an awful look.  Its stuff that needs to be cleaned up.

What bothers me is that Biden ran on being ethical and cleaning things up.  But I guess if we are looking for politicians to be ethical we are looking the the wrong place.

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, Summer Wheat said:

What bothers me is that Biden ran on being ethical and cleaning things up.  But I guess if we are looking for politicians to be ethical we are looking the the wrong place.

He ran on a lot more than that. He ran on being competent with regard to COVID, returning our foreign policy back to normal, protecting and improving health care, trying to be bipartisan, etc etc. 

For the most part he is accomplishing his goals. 

• Laughing 2

50 minutes ago, timschochet said:

He ran on a lot more than that. He ran on being competent with regard to COVID, returning our foreign policy back to normal, protecting and improving health care, trying to be bipartisan, etc etc. 

For the most part he is accomplishing his goals. 

Bipartisan :confused:

3 hours ago, Summer Wheat said:

This should not have happened.  It should be undone and an apology issued.

17 minutes ago, Amused to Death said:

You don't think he's trying? It take two sides to make it happen.

Biden and the Dems - We want 3 trillion in Infrastructure, 95% of which has nothing to do with infrastructure.

GOP - No but here's a counteroffer of 1 trillion focused on infrastructure and we can negotiate the other things you want separately.

Biden and the Dems- You aren't serious about infrastructure!!!!

Yep, it's the GOP being unreasonable.  :doh:

• Thanks 1

32 minutes ago, Summer Wheat said:

Bipartisan :confused:

Don't care about bipartisanship anymore. I vote Democrat to advice that agenda. Don't care at all if the Republicans don't like something, those days have long gone.

32 minutes ago, John123 said:

Biden and the Dems - We want 3 trillion in Infrastructure, 95% of which has nothing to do with infrastructure.

GOP - No but here's a counteroffer of 1 trillion focused on infrastructure and we can negotiate the other things you want separately.

First, it was something like 2.2 T. There continues to be bipartisan discussion on infrastructure. The right needs to keep the green energy in the plan, imho. I don't believe they've done that. I could be wrong though. But right now there continues to be bipartisan discussion.

The Dems tried for bipartisanship on the Jan 6 commission and 35 House Republicans voted with the Dems to pass it. The Senate GOP won't pass it.

There has been tremendous bipartisanship on the police reform bill.

There has been great effort by the Dems for bipartisanship on the voting rights bill. Still unlikely to achieve any support by the GOP.

Edited by Amused to Death

51 minutes ago, Mile High said:

Don't care about bipartisanship anymore. I vote Democrat to advice that agenda. Don't care at all if the Republicans don't like something, those days have long gone.

Of course, and if house flips at mid-terms I am sure they will do the same.

3 hours ago, Summer Wheat said:

This is my take on it, and it’s extremely disappointing to me. I hope now that it’s been exposed it gets cleaned up ASAP

24 minutes ago, John123 said:

For those of you disappointed because Biden ran on ethics, why would you expect ethical behavior from a man who hasn't been ethical since before he was in public office? 

It is "political privilege" that landed them the jobs. So much for equity and equality for all.

5 hours ago, John123 said:

This isn't an accurate description of what I have seen if the stuff I have skimmed is correct.

The numbers you used are a bit misleading -- Biden's proposal is not 3 trillion, of the 1 trillion is only 500 billion in new money -- but regardless it seems that the WH may be open to this but a sticking point would be how is this paid for.