What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***Official President Joe Biden Thread*** BEST EVER! (2 Viewers)

OK I get that. But progressive who voted for Biden expect some sort of acknowledge towards their issues as well.
Yeah absolutely.  I don’t get too bent out of shape on politicians changing course from what they campaigned on.  It’s so common.  I knew that Progressive wing of the party was going to need to be fed.

I really like Joe Biden, Max. This is aside from his politics. He seems like a good guy to me. 

That’s a relief. I supported Hillary Clinton, thought she was treated very unfairly (still do) but I didn’t like her as a person. I wanted to like Donald Trump because he is part of my industry (commercial real estate) and because I admired some of what he did there. But he turned out to be a bad person IMO- not an evil guy like a Saddam Hussein, but a real jerk. 
I wish there were more politicians that I liked. I know it’s not a crucial item compared to their overall effectiveness and pursuit of policies important to me- still I wish I liked more of them better. So many of them seem to be missing some undefinable piece of humanity. Biden isn’t, so far as I can see. Of course I could be completely wrong, but I hope I’m not. 

I really like Joe Biden, Max. This is aside from his politics. He seems like a good guy to me. 

That’s a relief. I supported Hillary Clinton, thought she was treated very unfairly (still do) but I didn’t like her as a person. I wanted to like Donald Trump because he is part of my industry (commercial real estate) and because I admired some of what he did there. But he turned out to be a bad person IMO- not an evil guy like a Saddam Hussein, but a real jerk. 
I wish there were more politicians that I liked. I know it’s not a crucial item compared to their overall effectiveness and pursuit of policies important to me- still I wish I liked more of them better. So many of them seem to be missing some undefinable piece of humanity. Biden isn’t, so far as I can see. Of course I could be completely wrong, but I hope I’m not. 
I appreciate the explanation and I just don't find Joe overly likeable. He has a well documented history in politics with some dark moments.

I see him as an old man being treated with kids gloves. 

I actually like Biden too, but really had not seen that much of him even when he was VP.   Biden does have some creepy moments and is getting forgetful.   The creepiness seems like the 1970s-80s mad men type of behavior that was acceptable when he was a young man and it is just inbred into him.  The other stuff I just relate to be man who is pushing 80s years old.  It happens.  Happening to my grandfather right now who is 74 and probably will happen to me one day.  Or course I will not be POTUS at the time.

Anyway I don`t want anything to happen to him as Harris would be much worse.

I think the tide turned on Biden after the G7. The establishment knows they can't protect him for 3.5 more years and have to prepare for the next step.
Kamala isn't waiting 6 more months, much less 3.5 more years.  If Biden doesn't get removed via the 25th soon, I suspect Joe is going to get a little push by Kamala next time they pass the closest set of stairs.  I hope Biden's handlers are on full alert.

Kamala isn't waiting 6 more months, much less 3.5 more years.  If Biden doesn't get removed via the 25th soon, I suspect Joe is going to get a little push by Kamala next time they pass the closest set of stairs.  I hope Biden's handlers are on full alert.
It's almost there. She already has to remind him what issues he needs to address. 

From a recent Joe Rogan podcast...

"Well, we’re unhinged, in a lot of ways,” Rogan agreed, because “we’re not anchored down by a real leader. You know, we don’t really have a real leader in this country anymore."

"You can say Joe Biden is the president, he’s our leader, and you’d be correct on paper but, I mean, everybody knows he’s out of his mind. He’s just barely hanging in there," he continued.

From a recent Joe Rogan podcast...

"Well, we’re unhinged, in a lot of ways,” Rogan agreed, because “we’re not anchored down by a real leader. You know, we don’t really have a real leader in this country anymore."

"You can say Joe Biden is the president, he’s our leader, and you’d be correct on paper but, I mean, everybody knows he’s out of his mind. He’s just barely hanging in there," he continued.
Well, if Joe Rogan says it.🤪

tonydead said:
Kamala has to remind Joe to say something about the apartment building collapse. Joe makes a joke about it.   :no:
Oh my. What a terribly sad situation in Miami. Too bad they couldn’t handle this appropriately but not unusual. 

There are several reasons fuel prices are up, but the one in our control is due to the free market. Criticisms of government because of it strike me as somewhere between uninformed, misdirected, and partisan :-)shocked face:). Suppliers have the ability to produce more and that's been the case for months, but it has been more profitable for them not to and with demand surging as we emerge from the pandemic this outcome struck me as rather obvious. Now, should govt intervene? There are exceptions, but I am generally against govt intervention in private industry. In this instance I'd need a compelling reason to alter that stance and I would think the average informed person rooted in conservative philosophy would believe the same. Yet generally speaking - they don't right now. Wonder why...

There are several reasons fuel prices are up, but the one in our control is due to the free market. Criticisms of government because of it strike me as somewhere between uninformed, misdirected, and partisan :-)shocked face:).
what happens in a Presidency is almost ALWAYS going to be the credit or blame to the President 

in this case, yes ... gas prices are to be blamed on Biden and those who voted him in office

If we lower gas prices too much that will help people’s budgets and then Applebee’s might not get enough wait staff.  We should keep them high so poor people need to work at least three jobs to afford gas.  That helps the economy.

This mindset by the average person aptly describes our current uninformed partisan political environment. I don't choose conformity. 
While I agree with you in theory, @Stealthycat is absolutely correct.  You are in a very small minority who won't blame the current President.  And yes, you are correct that it is a result of our partisan political environment. Has been this way since, forever.

The Reuters/Ipsos poll, conducted June 11 to June 17 in a survey of 4,420 adults, found 55% of voters approve of Biden’s job performance
Still 55% and Trump never reached those numbers once in 4 years (with the possible exception of Rasmussen).

jm192 said:
Only argument that matters in the PSF.  

Anything negative about a Democrat:  "But Trump..."

Trump was so deplorable, and yet, he's now the standard by which everything needs to be compared.  
I can only speak for myself, but I compare to Trump because I'm not a huge fan of Biden.  Of all the candidates in the Dem primary, I think Biden would have been my last choice.  I'm not excited or passionate about anything he does, but at least I'm not repulsed by him.  The best thing he's done is Make Politics Boring Again!

squistion said:
Still 55% and Trump never reached those numbers once in 4 years (with the possible exception of Rasmussen).
Now report the approval numbers for how they are handling the border crisis.  The single issue that will sink their ship.

Now report the approval numbers for how they are handling the border crisis.  The single issue that will sink their ship.
I doubt it. 
People care about the border for sure and the majority of them, sadly, agree with you on it a whole lot more than they agree with me. But it’s not close to the most pressing issues that decide elections. It’s way down the list. 

I doubt it. 
People care about the border for sure and the majority of them, sadly, agree with you on it a whole lot more than they agree with me. But it’s not close to the most pressing issues that decide elections. It’s way down the list. 
Thanks, but your opinions on stuff just don't hold any weight with me.  

The 25th should have been implemented on January 23rd.. This is why I find it so hard to believe he got 81million votes. 

Users who are viewing this thread