What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***Official President Joe Biden Thread*** BEST EVER! (1 Viewer)

… the President has no affect on the stock market.  
The President has little to do with the stock market.  The difference is the last President was continuously patting himself on the back on Twitter and holding press conferences when the stock market hit new highs while being conspicuously quiet when it dropped.

Before the 2020 election I asked some of my friends that said they were supporting Trump why and they replied they didn’t like him personally but that he was great for the economy, pointing to their 401k’s as proof.

Of course the economy and the stock market aren’t the same thing but no use arguing about it.  

Now I don’t expect the Trump supporters here to give any credit to Biden nor do I think it is necessarily deserved but they were sure singing praises to DJT for the performance of the stock market when Trump was President 

Last edited by a moderator:
The President has little to do with the stock market.  The difference is the last President was continuously patting himself on the back on Twitter and holding press conferences when the stock market hit new highs while being conspicuously quiet when it dropped.

Before the 2020 election I asked some of my friends that said they were supporting Trump why and they replied they didn’t like him personally but that he was great for the economy, pointing to their 401k’s as proof.

Of course the economy and the stock market aren’t the same thing but no use arguing about it.  

Now I don’t expect the Trump supporters here to give any credit to Biden nor do I think it is necessarily deserved but they were sure singing praises to DJT for the performance of the stock market when Trump was President 
Yeah, I get all that. :thumbup:

I know @The General is trolling - it's what he does - but the same guys saying "The President has little to do with the stock market" are now the same ones congratulating Biden for it.  And then when it goes down they'll blame Trump.

Regarding the stock market, both presidents have benefited greatly from monetary policy which really imo has overridden any more healthy economic benefits that either might have help move forward (which I'd generally give the nod to Trump although I don't agree with all republican economic policies enacted during Trumps term like the decrease in taxes).

To the extent you think they have influenced monetary police I suppose they can "take credit".  Trump was probably more vocal on monetary policy than any president in history (he was more vocal on everything than any president in history).  But all that was not about creating anything besides just printing more dollars.

All it does is set up a bigger crash for whichever unfortunate president ends up inheriting it.

Yeah, I get all that. :thumbup:

I know @The General is trolling - it's what he does - but the same guys saying "The President has little to do with the stock market" are now the same ones congratulating Biden for it.  And then when it goes down they'll blame Trump.
I’m just letting people know that the stock market is at all time high, we had a great jobs report, people are traveling again at numbers pre-pandemic, because Ol Joe is just too humble to talk about it.

Let’s get that infrastructure deal done. 

U S A 

I’m just letting people know that the stock market is at all time high, we had a great jobs report, people are traveling again at numbers pre-pandemic, because Ol Joe is just too humble to talk about it.

U S A 
That's what you're NOT doing at all.  :shrug:

Everyone knows you're trolling, just admit it already. 

That's what you're NOT doing at all.  :shrug:

Everyone knows you're trolling, just admit it already. 
Pardon? This is the Official Prez Biden thread.

Stock market al time highs. 🚀

Jobs report great ✅

This weekend airports will see more travelers than pre-pandemic levels. As a frequently flyer this sucks but we all make our own sacrifices here for the greater good. 🍺

I am confident Joe won't rally a bunch of folks to attack the Capitol. WHAT A NICE BONUS

It's the 4th of July weekend, the nation's birthday. Let's commemorate the Declaration of Independence, take a moment to refresh our recollections of these rights, and our undiminished devotion to them and of course remember when the Continental Army took the airports back from those British bastards.

The General said:
Pardon? This is the Official Prez Biden thread.

Stock market al time highs. 🚀

Jobs report great ✅

This weekend airports will see more travelers than pre-pandemic levels. As a frequently flyer this sucks but we all make our own sacrifices here for the greater good. 🍺

I am confident Joe won't rally a bunch of folks to attack the Capitol. WHAT A NICE BONUS

It's the 4th of July weekend, the nation's birthday. Let's commemorate the Declaration of Independence, take a moment to refresh our recollections of these rights, and our undiminished devotion to them and of course remember when the Continental Army took the airports back from those British bastards.
And two of those things are due to Trump.. Trump helped plan a vaccine that has helped travel again and with that jobs report is great again. If we went into this administration without a known vaccine, we may have been shut down and wearing masks until 2025. Thank you President Trump.

And two of those things are due to Trump.. Trump helped plan a vaccine that has helped travel again and with that jobs report is great again. If we went into this administration without a known vaccine, we may have been shut down and wearing masks until 2025. Thank you President Trump.
It takes a truly great chef to take a few ingredients and turn into into a Michelin star meal. 

Godsbrother said:
https://www.marketwatch.com/story/stock-market-performance-under-trump-trails-only-obama-and-clinton-11611161401

Other than W and Carter all presidents have done fairly well in that regard.  I didn't complain about the markets under O or DJT, that's for sure.

So one would think. Politicians have glanced at note cards before answering questions or speaking to the press to refresh their memory, going back to Winston Churchill (probably before that if video existed). 
And what was on the notes?

"We aren't sure if it was russia"    if you can't see him trying to get his gears going.   I don't know what to tell you.

Besides it was an obvious set up and Biden still failed.   Why is the cashier asking him about Russia?   Why did they have perfect sound.    It's sad.

U S A 
Well said.  You get the feeling that Joe would've been more content just sitting down at his shore house in Henlopen.....watching the waves in his twilights.  Instead, I'm thankful he still felt that urge for public service and his so selflessly sacrificing some of his remaining years to guide this country out of despair.  

So an analysis of Biden’s 6 trillion budget proposal: 

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.foxbusiness.com/economy/biden-budget-economic-effect-gdp-debt.amp

Bad news: it would shrink the projected GDP by 1.5% next year. 
Good news: it would reduce the national debt by 5% in a few years. 

It would seem like fiscal conservatives (are there any left?) would be excited by the latter part. 
your "good news" ,  "in a few years"  is over 3 decades.  that sort of take of yours on a "few years" vrs 3 decades reminds me of something CNN would trumpet.

your "good news" ,  "in a few years"  is over 3 decades.  that sort of take of yours on a "few years" vrs 3 decades reminds me of something CNN would trumpet.
All relative sir. When was the last time we’ve heard about ANY debt reduction at all? That used to be a Republican thing, right? At the 2012 RNC there was a huge number sign on the wall of the national debt and it went up every second. At the time McConnell said it was the first, most urgent priority. Yet during the 9 years since never once did he ever bring a bill or budget to the floor that would have reduced the debt- not even when he had majorities in all 3 branches. 
Now for the first time in decades we have a proposed budget that will reduce the debt. I would imagine that conservatives will be 100% on board right? 

All relative sir. When was the last time we’ve heard about ANY debt reduction at all? That used to be a Republican thing, right? At the 2012 RNC there was a huge number sign on the wall of the national debt and it went up every second. At the time McConnell said it was the first, most urgent priority. Yet during the 9 years since never once did he ever bring a bill or budget to the floor that would have reduced the debt- not even when he had majorities in all 3 branches. 
Now for the first time in decades we have a proposed budget that will reduce the debt. I would imagine that conservatives will be 100% on board right? 
guess you have to start somewhere.  so if 6 trillion bill passes & estimates are correct then the debt goes down 5% in a "few years"(actually 30 years).

break out the champagne!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Any reduction is great news.  Biden's policies remind me a lot of Reagan's. 

I guess not going up exponentially is the take away.
yea, & it will never pass as is anyway.  I doubt his doubling the capital gain tax will happen either.  if it does and not retroactive to 2021 there will be a whole lot of selling come Dec. 2021.

So then you accept that the Trump economy was all due to President Obama!    

Here is the problem with your logic on Trump's Covid plan.  Yes he pushed the vaccine.   But he has no plan on getting it out to the public.  That's where President Biden gets the credit and President Trump had nothing to do with that since he had no real plan of action.  

But he has no plan on getting it out to the public.  That's where President Biden gets the credit and President Trump had nothing to do with that since he had no real plan of action.  
General Gustave Perna disagrees with you.

You know the guy who was appointed by Trump to run the distribution of the vaccine.    He was doing such a great job setting up distribution he is still doing it.

The plan is the plan.

So then you accept that the Trump economy was all due to President Obama!    

Here is the problem with your logic on Trump's Covid plan.  Yes he pushed the vaccine.   But he has no plan on getting it out to the public.  That's where President Biden gets the credit and President Trump had nothing to do with that since he had no real plan of action.  
I'm one who has no problems acknowledging Trumps hand in facilitating a vaccine quickly. I do think it's funny the knots his supporters will try themselves into in regards to NOT acknowleding Biden's actions in what has basically been a smooth transaction.

Just  by knowledge of past Trump rhetoric/actions...I'd imagine, if Trump had won, there would have been some pretty antagonistc moments with Trump where he would have threaten to withold the vaccine from areas under leadership by political rivals.  I also don't think Trump would have been as quick to give the vaccine to other countries who needed it.  I don't think Trump being in office would have swayed many people who are adament about not getting the vaccine as well.  

Users who are viewing this thread