What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Trump (1 Viewer)

T J

Footballguy
I voted for him. I don’t like him but I stomached him - just not interested in what Democrats have to say in general type of thing. But that’s beside the point. Now that he has pretty clearly lost - I just want him to shut up, finish his term, and go away. I really do.

Super hopeful that he would give a concession speech and put the good of the country ahead of himself, but really doubt he has it in him. 

He’s opened my eyes in one way. I had no idea what good hearted men that Bush, Bush, and McCain were until now. President Trump has certainly impacted my perception there. 

Super hopeful that he would give a concession speech and put the good of the country ahead of himself, but really doubt he has it in him. 

He’s opened my eyes in one way. I had no idea what good hearted men that Bush, Bush, and McCain were until now. President Trump has certainly impacted my perception there. 
I’m a democrat and will say that those guys were heroes.  Don’t let one bad seed taint your perception.

I voted for him. I don’t like him but I stomached him - just not interested in what Democrats have to say in general type of thing. But that’s beside the point. Now that he has pretty clearly lost - I just want him to shut up, finish his term, and go away. I really do.

It’s going to be very interesting to learn how many conservatives come to share your opinion. I don’t want to make any predictions about that; I’ve been wrong too often. We’ll just have to wait and see. 

It’s going to be very interesting to learn how many conservatives come to share your opinion. I don’t want to make any predictions about that; I’ve been wrong too often. We’ll just have to wait and see. 
Have you thought about getting into the polling business? ;)

A lot more than you think I expect. He’s really an unlikeable person. 

I had no idea what good hearted men that Bush, Bush, and McCain were until now.
I've seen clips from the Bush and McCain concession speeches circulating on Twitter, but I haven't seen Romney's. Was there something wrong with his, or is he unfairly getting left out of all the fun?

Last edited by a moderator:

Totally agree.   He has only himself to blame for losing.  I love most of his vision for the country but despise him as a person.   He is one of the biggest a holes ever.  

Trump has struck me as a "wolf in sheep's clothing" type. He says one thing, but his actions belie his words, and can, to borrow a phrase from my faith, deceive the unwary.

Trump has struck me as a "wolf in sheep's clothing" type. He says one thing, but his actions belie his words, and can, to borrow a phrase from my faith, deceive the unwary.
He’s never struck me that way at all. He always struck me as an in-your-face with it person. 

Tom Cotton scares me because he appears to share all of Donald Trump’s nationalist views, yet he is serious and very competent. 
Cotton vs Mayor Pete in 2024.  Battle of ex-McKinsey guys.

Back to the OP’s topic, really hope lots of other people are similarly ready to move on....and hope we can all get back to basic norms of how we all treat each other, debate each other, react to each other.

• Smile
Reactions: JAA
Tom Cotton scares me because he appears to share all of Donald Trump’s nationalist views, yet he is serious and very competent. 
This is my concern too. Not only is he competent but regular people don't know him and therefore don't hate him so there won't be a fraction of the pushback. 

I don’t feel any need to heap praise on these former candidates just for acting like normal human beings.  Their concession speeches were totally normal and expected behavior for a public servant in our country. The media has completely failed us over the past 4 years by normalizing Trump’s obvious derangement. I know there are a few fringe exceptions, but the great majority of reporting on this man has been cowardly. He came to my city last year and ranted about how toilets flush for several minutes. Every reporter should have called out his insanity, which has always been a significant national risk. I read the NPR story the next day and there was no mention of it.  There are hundreds if not thousands of similar examples of this during his term.  The media simply accepted the fact we have a psychotic maniac as our president and normalized it.  

He’s never struck me that way at all. He always struck me as an in-your-face with it person. 
In fairness, I could be wrong about him, but his lying, especially the other evening, made me think that he is either disconnected from reality, or forcibly driving a false narrative.

I hear you.

I actually liked his personality if I'm being honest. He says things I wish I could get away with saying myself, lol. But he has really gone off the deep end with his whining and complaining about the election, and I'm just done with it. He's gone from being the Godfather to being Johnny Fontane. "You can act like a man!"

I think an underappreciated fact about the Trump era is that people who genuinely personally dislike him were a key part of his coalition.

Suppose I don’t get the people who vote for him but then don’t like it when Trump acts like Trump. 
Those are the party politic types, and each side has them.  I’d consider them the true “middle” where if you talk just policy the common ground between each side is highlighted and the bridge visible.  How to prevent the retraction to “sides” once a specific capitalized letter is then introduced, I have no idea

I think an underappreciated fact about the Trump era is that people who genuinely personally dislike him were a key part of his coalition.
I heard from a few people as the November election approached.....you don't have to like him to vote for him. Another one I heard...a candidate doesn't have to have good character to vote for them.

In a year, the COVID crisis will be over and the economy will start booming.
Very Trump sounding. There's already new COVID strain out of Denmark. I have been on record sayin i don't agree with Trump's handling of COVID. In my opinion It's coming back this winter and the economy will suffer. 

No offense, but I can 100% guarantee I will not be. In fact, the fact that I won't be thinking about it at all is a big reason why I'm so content and relieved right now.
You voted Biden because you hate Trump, not because you love Biden. Trump voters loved Trump. Food for thought.

You voted Biden because you hate Trump, not because you love Biden. Trump voters loved Trump. Food for thought.
Yep.

But I don't have any issues with Biden. He's a good fit for what we need right now. Especially hearing how good this relationship with McConnell has been in the past. 

Like I said, I guarantee I won't be rethinking this next year or any year after today.

I voted Trump in '16 but I wasn't all that pumped about it.  I liked that he wasn't a career politician who got wealthy in office.  I figured he'd do well with the economy.  I actually kinda liked his ##### ways for a bit after 8 years of Obama who was afraid to piss anyone off, and always seemed like weak sauce to me..

His act wore thin pretty quick though....he is a not a leader of men.

Last edited by a moderator:
I've seen clips from the Bush and McCain concession speeches circulating on Twitter, but I haven't seen Romney's. Was there something wrong with his, or is he unfairly getting left out of all the fun?
I’ve never doubted Romney’s integrity. I’ve always been convinced he’s a good man with good intentions for every American. 
Here we go. Here's all of them.

https://twitter.com/politico/status/1325179126857134080

• Smile
Reactions: JAA
I don't vote for a candidate because of love for the candidate. I vote for a candidate because of love for my country. Donald Trump caused so much harm, so much pain. I don't know if Biden can actually get things going, and if he fails, I won't let him off the hook. However, we know what Trump would do, and I will not stand by if I can help change that.

They’re not mutually exclusive. Both can be true. 
While this is correct, it's a small consolation whenever Trump railed against the media for something wrong he did, made a decision that clearly benefited only him or a business he had been involved with, or when he goes golfing instead of doing actual work.

Users who are viewing this thread