What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Potential Biden Cabinet (1 Viewer)

That one guy

Footballguy
What’s it look like?  Who would you like and where?

Sec of State:  Pete Buttigieg.  Yes, it’s a selfish pick, but I want this guy to remain as prominent as can be.  I also think it’s a perfect role for his personality/style and he’d be perfect mending relationships around the globe

Sec of Treasury:  Andrew Yang.  I’ll admit I know little about him, but I liked the little exposure I did get.  He’s not running too much policy in this position, but he’s advising and we should listen.

Sec of Defense:  Bring back Mattis

AG:  Adam Schiff.  Would it be viewed as a downgrade, I don’t know.  This just feels his natural fit over that of a member of Congress.  It plays to his strengths much better

All the others I need more research, maybe Cozier for Sec of Vet Affairs.  Energy and Education need big wins, as well as Commerce and Labor.

AG:  Adam Schiff.  Would it be viewed as a downgrade, I don’t know.  This just feels his natural fit over that of a member of Congress.  It plays to his strengths much better
I love Schiff but this will never happen. He was the face of impeachment and appointing him to this role would antagonize millions of Republicans. It won’t happen. 

• Smile
Reactions: JAA
I love Schiff but this will never happen. He was the face of impeachment and appointing him to this role would antagonize millions of Republicans. It won’t happen. 
I agree. Plus I thought he was caught in some lies as well?  We don`t need anymore of that.

Last edited by a moderator:
Agree here.

Also Mayor Pete as SOS is not a good idea at all. He has no experience and the State Dept has been decimated - need someone really strong in here to rebuild not just foreign relations, but the department itself. 

Mayor Pete would be better in a UN Ambassador role or something. 

What’s it look like?  Who would you like and where?

Sec of State:  Pete Buttigieg.  Yes, it’s a selfish pick, but I want this guy to remain as prominent as can be.  I also think it’s a perfect role for his personality/style and he’d be perfect mending relationships around the globe

Sec of Treasury:  Andrew Yang.  I’ll admit I know little about him, but I liked the little exposure I did get.  He’s not running too much policy in this position, but he’s advising and we should listen.

Sec of Defense:  Bring back Mattis

All the others I need more research, maybe Cozier for Sec of Vet Affairs.  Energy and Education need big wins, as well as Commerce and Labor.
Sure...not sure Id go with Schiff...so polarizing right now.

I like getting Pete that foreign policy experience somehow...too early for SOS, maybe...but that would set him up for future runs.

It won't happen because I believe Schiff wouldn't accept it, as he has his eye on a bigger prize down the road, the Speaker of The House, once Pelosi retires.

I think Amy Klobuchar would be a better choice, providing she would be willing to give up her senate seat.

This will be very interesting...there is a huge x-factor here...very good chance Kamala will be the Prez at some point but there is a 100% chance she will be running in 2024...she will be in no rush to put any potential rivals in a high profile position.

• Thinking
Reactions: JAA
This will be very interesting...there is a huge x-factor here...very good chance Kamala will be the Prez at some point but there is a 100% chance she will be running in 2024...she will be in no rush to put any potential rivals in a high profile position.
Meh, what's the difference?  Put someone else in the same high-profile position and they become potential rivals.

Meh, what's the difference?  Put someone else in the same high-profile position and they become potential rivals.
I think the difference is incredibly obvious...someone like Mayor Pete is already a threat to her in 2024.

I know it's not a sexy pick, but I'm hearing from a lobbyist friend that a NM senator (Heinrich) may be on short list for Dept. of Interior 

Whatever it ends up being, I hope it's a staff of adults - civil, intelligent adults - who are appointed based on merit.  Dare to dream, but I hope to God the days of Betsy DeVos type appointees are over.  No need for retaliation - just pick the best people and expect them to do their job. 
Seriously, this is one of things that clinched my vote for Biden.  This guy shouldn't have the slightest problem assembling a cabinet, and I have a very high level of confidence in his ability to pick competent people.  

It won't happen because I believe Schiff wouldn't accept it, as he has his eye on a bigger prize down the road, the Speaker of The House, once Pelosi retires.

I think Amy Klobuchar would be a better choice, providing she would be willing to give up her senate seat.
I' think Amy is solid. 

What happens to her Senate seat if she moves up?  Special election?  Would they risk a senate seat?  

I really, really, really hope it includes Yang. He’s forward-thinking and understands problems that exist further down the road. 

Do we see someone like Comey coming back? 
I can't see Comey coming back under any circumstances.

FBI Director is supposed to be a 10 year term and not a political appointment so, in theory, Wray should stay on.  I don't know if that will happen or not.

Biden turns 78 on Nov. 20. I don't think anything has been said, but I also can't see a nearly 82-year-old man running for a second term that he would finish as an 86-year-old. 
I think he doesn't want to. However if he views it as needed to hold The White House, he would. 

Is it certain that Biden is only serving one term?
I don’t think there’s any out in front kind of proclamation, but it’s pretty well agreed (I think) he’s playing the role of Fitzpatrick now.

For my part, if it’s not Mayor Pete in 2024 I doubt I’m “supporting” the Dem candidate as I did this year w/ Biden.  I was 100% a vote against Trump 

I don’t think there’s any out in front kind of proclamation, but it’s pretty well agreed (I think) he’s playing the role of Fitzpatrick now.

For my part, if it’s not Mayor Pete in 2024 I doubt I’m “supporting” the Dem candidate as I did this year w/ Biden.  I was 100% a vote against Trump 
Similar here...Pete would be easy for me to support against pretty much anyone the Rs put up.  Harris...not so sure and we will see after that.   Id all aboard with Yang too.

I' think Amy is solid. 

What happens to her Senate seat if she moves up?  Special election?  Would they risk a senate seat?  
Wouldn't Gov Walz appoint one and then a special election be held in November? I think Biden owes Klobachar for dropping out of the race as she was one of the more centrist Democrats running other than Biden.

going to sound goofy but as a Pete fan I would like to see him at HUD...Its not a sexyy position but it will allow him to work with the black comminities and mabe the will warm to him.  I truely think the only reason he isnt president right now is his lack of african american support. This MIGHT  be a way to attract some support from them.  Too goofy?

going to sound goofy but as a Pete fan I would like to see him at HUD...Its not a sexyy position but it will allow him to work with the black comminities and mabe the will warm to him.  I truely think the only reason he isnt president right now is his lack of african american support. This MIGHT  be a way to attract some support from them.  Too goofy?
Makes sense from that...Id prefer something to give him foreign policy experience.

I think everyone would be better served by putting qualified individuals with actual experience in those areas in place rather than trying to advance political careers by shoehorning individuals into positions they have no expertise in.

I agree. I thought Schiff handled the House investigations and impeachment very well. But much of America doesn't see it that way, and perception is really important. The AG needs to be somebody both sides trust. Schiff isn't that.

Users who are viewing this thread