What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Georgia: the Battle for the Senate (1 Viewer)

Georgia’s voting system implementation manager for the secretary of state’s office just tweeted that 171,000 or more early in-person votes should be uploaded soon from DeKalb County.

:popcorn:

Kornacki said their dump came in at 1:30 am in the general.
I just don't get the "why" behind that.  It doesn't help with the appearance of fraud and that's not good for anyone.  It's one thing to me if it's 75-80% but the other large counties are doing a much better job.  Unless we are pulling votes Survivor style out of some woven basket there, there's just not a valid reason this should happen.

Georgia’s voting system implementation manager for the secretary of state’s office just tweeted that 171,000 or more early in-person votes should be uploaded soon from DeKalb County.

But Ossoff is down by 108,000. Even if he gets 80% he doesn’t quite catch up does he? 

I actually could see a D sweep tonight helping the R's shot at the House in two years.  Just speculating but we didn't keep one party rule for long the last couple times we've had it.
You’re absolutely right in terms of the House. Not the Senate though. 

Saw a funny tweet - DeKalb is just waiting until every single American knows the L is silent before relinquishing the mic
No one else likely to know much about it but DeKalb Seed corn is one of the largest seed companies in the US. I plant a lot of it and in farm country the “l” is not silent.

Unfortunately, this is potentially setting up to support Trump's narrative again. The Republicans were winning until votes magically appeared for the Democrats. Not saying it ends that way, but even a win for the Dems in this manner is gonna get spun that way. Again.
And the rubes will lap it up like warm milk.  

No one else likely to know much about it but DeKalb Seed corn is one of the largest seed companies in the US. I plant a lot of it and in farm country the “l” is not silent.
different DeKalb...

Now ask people in Middle Georgia and Southeast Texas how to pronounce "Houston"

But it is in Atlanta.

Just like How-ston (written Houston) Mill Rd.

12% still not reported, which is about 520,000.

60% = 312,000

40% = 208,000

60% for Dems adds about 100,000 votes, which is roughly the current deficit.

You’re absolutely right in terms of the House. Not the Senate though. 
No, the Senate is a function of the states up at any given time.  If the list I'm looking at is right, Warnock would have to defend this seat again in 2022.  Depending on what the R's do in GA that's far from a sure hold.  Burr in NC and Toomey in PA would appear to be the most challenged R's.  

If this happens (and it’s certainly not unlikely) it would depress me. Because the message that Democrats would take away is “look the more  progressive candidate does better!” 

Interesting.  My takeaway would have been "wow, an African-American Baptist pastor with really cool TV ads does better than a dooshy-looking guy who went to Georgetown and has an economics degree."

Pretty incredible that Trump jumped off the cliff and the GOP followed him like Lemmings and seems to have cost themselves the Senate. So incredibly stupid. The GA GOP Senate candidates preferred backing a loser to the point of making themselves losers rather than rallying people to tell him to shut it down and having a chance to win.
I think he kind of ripped them apart and forced their into a dammed if you do, dammed if you don’t spot.

And they told Kornacki that there’s still more for DeKalb.

Bartow county looks like it could add 15k to R totals.  They haven’t been talking much about anything other than Dekalb for a while.

Bartow county looks like it could add 15k to R totals.  They haven’t been talking much about anything other than Dekalb for a while.
Looks like several north Georgia counties went R candidates over the Trump number, but not seeing it elsewhere. 

Users who are viewing this thread