Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

How Much Voter Fraud Happened In 2020?

Joe Bryant

How much voter fraud do you think happened in 2020?  

464 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

1 hour ago, shader said:

Yes, the GOP is pinning their hopes on Dominion.  But as of yet, I've seen zero legitimate evidence that prove it was used to switch votes.  Obviously that would be a huge story.

What I see most often is that people say that Sydney Powell is a legitimate, no-nonsense lawyer that wouldn't be saying this if she didn't have something.

IMO that's the only legitimate shot that Trump's side has, if it was somehow proven that this software actually did this.  It's a strange strategy for them to go down if they don't have the goods, unless of course they are only trying to win a battle of public opinion and not win any court cases.  And as of yet, I've seen nothing to indicate that Dominion evidence is playing a part in their legal strategy.

The more, shall we say, hardcore right-wingers, anticipate that Trump and company will use the Dominion info to arrest Biden and take draconian measures outside the legal system.  IMO, if they had a clear bombshell, as they claim to, the only thing they can do is to compile it and release it all at once.  But it would have to actually be proof, not just "it could have happened"

Powell does seem to be pinning whatever credibility she has on this Dominion thing - she's made extraordinary promises and gone all-in on them. She's got to get her lawsuit underway very quickly and get some real evidence in the record.  So far, it really looks like she's been duped by the Q's.

I just checked Chris Krebs' official CISA twitter and noticed that, although the account has been "archived" and is "not active" his final official tweet is still up:

Chris Krebs #Protect2020

@CISAKrebs

Nov 17

ICYMI: On allegations that election systems were manipulated, 59 election security experts all agree, "in every case of which we are aware, these claims either have been unsubstantiated or are technically incoherent." #Protect2020

• Like 1

They aren't going to win in court because there isn't any real proof. They know that or they would have already released this evidence in court. They have been laughed out of virtually every courtroom they've gone into. However they will win with their voter base, which is all they are trying to do it seems. 

Edited by Milkman

1 hour ago, dkp993 said:

The other problem this accusation poses for them is it calls In the use of dominion in other states where it could just as easily been used in Trumps favor.  

They probably don't care about that. The will probably drop a case against all the states who used Dominion at the last minute to stop certification in multiple states. They want to take this to the House.

20 minutes ago, Mile High said:

They probably don't care about that. The will probably drop a case against all the states who used Dominion at the last minute to stop certification in multiple states. They want to take this to the House.

Not sure I’m following you here?

28 minutes ago, CletiusMaximus said:

Powell does seem to be pinning whatever credibility she has on this Dominion thing - she's made extraordinary promises and gone all-in on them. She's got to get her lawsuit underway very quickly and get some real evidence in the record.  So far, it really looks like she's been duped by the Q's.

This lawsuit will do absolutely zero damage to Powell's credibility in the eyes of the Republican party.

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, GordonGekko said:

The broad assumption is Trump is only playing for 2020. This could be a long term move for 2024. If he can sell the narrative that he was systematically cheated, he could try to guarantee the RNC ticket through sheer will/popularity.

Either way, long term, this hurts the DNC. It double downs on Voter ID issues, which benefits the GOP.

What voter ID issues? 

31 minutes ago, Joe Summer said:

This lawsuit will do absolutely zero damage to Powell's credibility in the eyes of the Republican party.

I disagree. She made a comment last weekend about how she was going to “release the kraken”

While at the time the right was going nuts over it, they seem to have soured just a bit and are tired of the promises and want the proof.

12 minutes ago, shader said:
46 minutes ago, Joe Summer said:

I disagree. She made a comment last weekend about how she was going to “release the kraken”

Isn't "release the kraken" just a variation on "laptop from hell" or "trust Sessions" or "big reveal"? The formula is pretty well known by now: you make vague promises about a massive scandal about to be unveiled, you stir up some excitement with the base, and then........you just move on to the next scandal.

Lather (literally), rinse, repeat.

There is no followup, there are no consequences, and no one's credibility is damaged.

And if anyone does happen to bring up the abandoned faux scandal, then the narrative just shifts to some variation on "The deep state is suppressing the truth!" and that's usually enough to keep the base motivated through the next fundraising/electoral cycle. In the very least, Powell will get a book deal and a few weeks of Fox News appearances out of this enterprise.

• Like 9
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, GordonGekko said:

The broad assumption is Trump is only playing for 2020. This could be a long term move for 2024. If he can sell the narrative that he was systematically cheated, he could try to guarantee the RNC ticket through sheer will/popularity.

Either way, long term, this hurts the DNC. It double downs on Voter ID issues, which benefits the GOP.

Dude.  The Dems will be sitting in the White House and will be able to call the shots, while Trump whines on Parlor.  He is feckless without the power of the presidency.

1 hour ago, Joe Summer said:

Isn't "release the kraken" just a variation on "laptop from hell" or "trust Sessions" or "big reveal"? The formula is pretty well known by now: you make vague promises about a massive scandal about to be unveiled, you stir up some excitement with the base, and then........you just move on to the next scandal.

Lather (literally), rinse, repeat.

There is no followup, there are no consequences, and no one's credibility is damaged.

And if anyone does happen to bring up the abandoned faux scandal, then the narrative just shifts to some variation on "The deep state is suppressing the truth!" and that's usually enough to keep the base motivated through the next fundraising/electoral cycle. In the very least, Powell will get a book deal and a few weeks of Fox News appearances out of this enterprise.

2 weeks

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

The Trump campaign has revised their Pennsylvania lawsuit AGAIN.

In the latest filing, they're asking the court to simply award Pennsylvania to Trump. Or, failing that, could they please just instruct Pennsylvania's legislature to choose the state's electors?

https://www.politico.com/news/2020/11/18/trump-pennsylvania-election-lawsuit-437996

Seems like a pretty far-fetched request but I bet Rudy thinks it's the perfect test for Brett Kavanagh.

3 hours ago, tommyGunZ said:

What voter ID issues? 

RNC will push for federally issued Voter ID cards/registration. Also to make mail in ballots only for military personnel, essential workers and emergency services. Won't help anyone this cycle, but there will be a push for it for future elections.

Pulling the military from overseas is another factor no one is talking about. Democratic control of POTUS will mean the military will have concerns about a push to "defund" the military. If Biden/Harris deploys troops overseas to engage in another "for profit" war/engagement in the next four years, it gives Dan Crenshaw a bullet proof immediate platform for 2024.

Here's the bizarre part of all this. If Trump gets the nomination in 2024, the DNC still might be able to beat him. But no one is going to beat Dan Crenshaw. Trump is popular with the people at large but not with a lot of the RNC.  He mobilizes a lot of voters but he's volatile and he doesn't offer a  clean shot at the POTUS through the VP ticket. To win in 2024, Trump will need to drop Pence and run with Nikki Haley. She won't run with Trump, her best shot at future POTUS is to ride shotgun with Crenshaw for 8 years then make her move when she's consolidated more power/national recognition.

The DNC needs to neutralize Trump. If he runs in 2024, he might lose, but he will massacre either Newsom or AOC in the debate cycle. Until then he'll probably go TrumpTV and use his massive platform to beat down Democrats over and over again. They can't put him in prison otherwise that exposes all former Presidents, including Clinton, Obama and Bush. They need to drive him from the country. Force him to live outside the US permanently. It's a symbolic victory without opening Pandora's Box.

Trump is a corrupt narcissist but he's not dumb. He knows his chances at 3-4 consecutive legal Hail Marys are slim to none here. Voter fraud claims are a pathway to long con, not it's own individual plotline. Trump does not think like a politician, he thinks like a 4th rate failed reality TV star. Once you put him in those shoes, his motives and angles are very predictable.

Trump now is setting up the "narrative" for either a comeback story in 2024 or lay roots to TrumpTV.  This is a very classic Mark Burnett storyline.  Either one blitzes the left.

If the DNC thinks voter fraud claims are the only angle, they clearly don't watch enough reality TV to figure out the real plot.

Democrats are BETTER OFF if Trump runs in 2024. That's the unchecked hilarious part of this all. They sold out to get him gone and their only way to hold power is to have him run again. The unintentional comedy factor here is Larry David level cringe.

• Laughing 1

3 hours ago, GordonGekko said:

RNC will push for federally issued Voter ID cards/registration. Also to make mail in ballots only for military personnel, essential workers and emergency services. Won't help anyone this cycle, but there will be a push for it for future elections.

Pulling the military from overseas is another factor no one is talking about. Democratic control of POTUS will mean the military will have concerns about a push to "defund" the military. If Biden/Harris deploys troops overseas to engage in another "for profit" war/engagement in the next four years, it gives Dan Crenshaw a bullet proof immediate platform for 2024.

Here's the bizarre part of all this. If Trump gets the nomination in 2024, the DNC still might be able to beat him. But no one is going to beat Dan Crenshaw. Trump is popular with the people at large but not with a lot of the RNC.  He mobilizes a lot of voters but he's volatile and he doesn't offer a  clean shot at the POTUS through the VP ticket. To win in 2024, Trump will need to drop Pence and run with Nikki Haley. She won't run with Trump, her best shot at future POTUS is to ride shotgun with Crenshaw for 8 years then make her move when she's consolidated more power/national recognition.

The DNC needs to neutralize Trump. If he runs in 2024, he might lose, but he will massacre either Newsom or AOC in the debate cycle. Until then he'll probably go TrumpTV and use his massive platform to beat down Democrats over and over again. They can't put him in prison otherwise that exposes all former Presidents, including Clinton, Obama and Bush. They need to drive him from the country. Force him to live outside the US permanently. It's a symbolic victory without opening Pandora's Box.

Trump is a corrupt narcissist but he's not dumb. He knows his chances at 3-4 consecutive legal Hail Marys are slim to none here. Voter fraud claims are a pathway to long con, not it's own individual plotline. Trump does not think like a politician, he thinks like a 4th rate failed reality TV star. Once you put him in those shoes, his motives and angles are very predictable.

Trump now is setting up the "narrative" for either a comeback story in 2024 or lay roots to TrumpTV.  This is a very classic Mark Burnett storyline.  Either one blitzes the left.

If the DNC thinks voter fraud claims are the only angle, they clearly don't watch enough reality TV to figure out the real plot.

Democrats are BETTER OFF if Trump runs in 2024. That's the unchecked hilarious part of this all. They sold out to get him gone and their only way to hold power is to have him run again. The unintentional comedy factor here is Larry David level cringe.

I disagree with the bolded.  I am sure that he believes he is going to prevail and overturn the 2020 election results.  Trump is all about instant gratification and he's also worried about losing the legal protections he has as a sitting president.  He also doesn't give a damn about the will of the people, the country or it's laws.

The scary part to this whole thing is the GOP is all-in with Trump.  Time and again they've shown they're willing to throw away their integrity and ignore this country's long standing traditions and norms for DJT.    I don't think they're going to be successful but I also don't think for a second that Trump has given up this race -- he will exhaust every avenue he can to keep the presidency in question up to and including inaugural day.

The USA is in a very precarious situation right now and the danger is not coming from a foreign enemy.   Abraham Lincoln once said "“America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.”   Unfortunately I think this be happening now and it is depressing that it is coming from the sitting president of the United States.

• Like 12

46 minutes ago, Godsbrother said:

The scary part to this whole thing is the GOP is all-in with Trump.  Time and again they've shown they're willing to throw away their integrity and ignore this country's long standing traditions and norms for DJT.    I don't think they're going to be successful but I also don't think for a second that Trump has given up this race -- he will exhaust every avenue he can to keep the presidency in question up to and including inaugural day.

The USA is in a very precarious situation right now and the danger is not coming from a foreign enemy.   Abraham Lincoln once said "“America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.”   Unfortunately I think this be happening now and it is depressing that it is coming from the sitting president of the United States.

:goodposting:  Best quote (I'm paraphrasing) about this time talking to Trump supporters in my life as well as online and this board:

It's hard to strike the right balance between, on the one hand, pointing out how the erosion of democratic norms around accepting election results is highly concerning in the long run, and, on the other hand, pointing out how desperate and pathetic this all is.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Uwe Blab said:

It's hard to strike the right balance between, on the one hand, pointing out how the erosion of democratic norms around accepting election results is highly concerning in the long run, and, on the other hand, pointing out how desperate and pathetic this all is.

And who would have guessed back in 2014 that it would all come tumbling down by a character like Donald Trump.   It is absolutely crazy what has happened to this country in 4 years.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2
  • Sad 1

12 minutes ago, Anarchy99 said:

DJT tweeted that there will be an important news conference at noon today by lawyers on a clear and viable path to victory. He says pieces are very nicely falling into place.

This is how you know its BS...if they really had such nice pieces falling together for a clear path to victory...he would be demanding all these court cases be publicly televised for all to see...not some news conference.  The only reason for a news conference is to push out more propaganda and claims of how he won and how great everything is going.  If people saw it for themselves with his lawyers losing case after case...his little house of cards falls apart.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Godsbrother said:

I disagree with the bolded.  I am sure that he believes he is going to prevail and overturn the 2020 election results.  Trump is all about instant gratification and he's also worried about losing the legal protections he has as a sitting president.  He also doesn't give a damn about the will of the people, the country or it's laws.

He's taking one little step at a time towards getting the election results thrown out. As long as the GOP refuses to stand up to him he'll keep taking little steps towards that goal. 

The CIA director is the next one to get fired. Rush Limbaugh or one of his callers I can't remember which recently mentioned the only ones that could have pulled off this level of fraud with the Dominion voting systems is the CIA. It's going around the internet that the CIA has done this kind of fraud in other countries. 

Trump will fire the Director of the CIA and replace with one of his lackeys. Then fabricate a story about China hacking the election and have the CIA be the ones that uncovered it. This will put max pressure on the courts and states to the point that they won't be able to certify the electoral votes and the house will get to decide the election. Trump wins. Possible civil war will start. 

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, Godsbrother said:

If we had term limits this would go away.  There would be no career politicians who needed to cater. 

30 minutes ago, Anarchy99 said:

DJT tweeted that there will be an important news conference at noon today by lawyers on a clear and viable path to victory. He says pieces are very nicely falling into place.

Step 1:  Rudy G. news conference at the Hyatt-Regency Soap 'N Suds Flint, Michigan.

Step 2: ??????????

Step 3: 4? 5? 6? Presidential Terms.

Seriously "Pieces falling very nicely into place" might be the evil-est villan line.  He was shuffling his fingers together when he said that, right?

41 minutes ago, Milkman said:

He's taking one little step at a time towards getting the election results thrown out. As long as the GOP refuses to stand up to him he'll keep taking little steps towards that goal. 

The CIA director is the next one to get fired. Rush Limbaugh or one of his callers I can't remember which recently mentioned the only ones that could have pulled off this level of fraud with the Dominion voting systems is the CIA. It's going around the internet that the CIA has done this kind of fraud in other countries. 

Trump will fire the Director of the CIA and replace with one of his lackeys. Then fabricate a story about China hacking the election and have the CIA be the ones that uncovered it. This will put max pressure on the courts and states to the point that they won't be able to certify the electoral votes and the house will get to decide the election. Trump wins. Possible civil war will start. 

If we are plunged into civil war, and every day we are closer, this is why. 

ETA

Have to think since they put up with all of his insanity the last 4 years this was the plan all along. 

Edited by 2Squirrels1Nut

39 minutes ago, Anarchy99 said:

But, the attorneys "representing Trump’s re-election campaign in challenging thousands of ballots in Bucks County, Pennsylvania agreed to sign court documents informing the court that there was no evidence of fraud or misconduct pertaining to those ballots."

His news conference is aimed to cause more confusion, chaos and doubt. It's time for all Republicans to call him out for such actions. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, SoBeDad said:

But, the attorneys "representing Trump’s re-election campaign in challenging thousands of ballots in Bucks County, Pennsylvania agreed to sign court documents informing the court that there was no evidence of fraud or misconduct pertaining to those ballots."

His news conference is aimed to cause more confusion, chaos and doubt. It's time for all Republicans to call him out for such actions. 

Ha. Good one.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, whoknew said:
8 minutes ago, SoBeDad said:

Ha. Good one.

Exactly.  As I understand it, Face The Nation (or possibly it was Meet The Press) asked every single sitting GOP Senator to appear last week and didn't get a single taker.  Really?  Not one was willing to go on TV and discuss COVID, the election, or any other topic?  They are all a bunch of cowards and need to be called out as such.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1
  • Love 1

2 minutes ago, Rich Conway said:

Exactly.  As I understand it, Face The Nation (or possibly it was Meet The Press) asked every single sitting GOP Senator to appear last week and didn't get a single taker.  Really?  Not one was willing to go on TV and discuss COVID, the election, or any other topic?  They are all a bunch of cowards and need to be called out as such.

Yep this is where I agree whole heartedly with AOC’s ‘list’ that got conservatives in a tizzy. Anyone that enabled or didn’t push back at Trump during this time period needs to wear that scarlet A the rest of their careers. All credibility to criticize others is lost

11 minutes ago, 2Squirrels1Nut said:

If we are plunged into civil war, and every day we are closer, this is why. 

The left will be slaughtered by the right in a civil war too. Many many people will die but the left will take the most casualties. All the food is in rural parts of the country. Most all the liberals are concentrated in the cities. Trump and the military can just surround the cities, cutting supply chains off, and starve the evil liberal atheists out. 

I don't think the left has the stomach to fight back politically imo. So if Trump steals the election there will be a lot of complaining but ultimately in the end the left will back down. At least I hope so. Trump and his supporters will show no mercy if they don't. Imo they are so confused and duped at this point they will think killing liberals at that point is the right thing to do.

Trump might be president for 20 years or until he passes. 

8 minutes ago, Rich Conway said:

A substantial part of the American population will remember this.  They're screwed in 2024   :shrug:

2 minutes ago, Milkman said:

The left will be slaughtered by the right in a civil war too. Many many people will die but the left will take the most casualties. All the food is in rural parts of the country. Most all the liberals are concentrated in the cities. Trump and the military can just surround the cities, cutting supply chains off, and starve the evil liberal atheists out. 

I don't think the left has the stomach to fight back politically imo. So if Trump steals the election there will be a lot of complaining but ultimately in the end the left will back down. At least I hope so. Trump and his supporters will show no mercy if they don't. Imo they are so confused and duped at this point they will think killing liberals at that point is the right thing to do.

Wow - you need to relax a little lol.  None of this is going to happen.

12 minutes ago, SoBeDad said:

I saw an article last night essentially asking why the court in PA is still hearing any outstanding claims. The fraud allegations were retracted. The equal access to ballot processing was already determined. The equal protection element would have impacted hardly any ballots. And the late arriving ballots were only a few thousand votes whether they were counted or not. Basically, none of their claims could get them enough votes to surpass Biden’s total. 

I would guess at this stage the GOP’s strategy is to petition that there was such rampant fraud going on through the Dominion system that they want the elections in the battleground states vacated and no winner declared. Then the states with Republican legislatures could opt to appoint their own electoral representatives. Fraud allegations is one of the reasons listed for that to be considered. So DJT at this point only wants to prevent Biden from getting to 270 and doesn’t care if he gets to 270 himself. Then that would go to a vote of the House and the GOP holds the majority of states and Trump would win. 

3 minutes ago, fred_1_15301 said:

A substantial part of the American population will remember this.  They're screwed in 2024   :shrug:

That substantial part already votes D.  The people that vote GOP won't remember or won't care.  As evidence, I submit the fact that Susan Collins behaved in exactly this fashion for the last 4 years, yet won by a significant margin.  I submit the fact that David Perdue behaved this way for the past 4 years, AND has acted in wildly unethical fashion, yet won a plurality of votes.  I submit the fact that Joni Ernst behaved this way for the past 6 years, yet won by a significant margin.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, whoknew said:

I wish I had your optimism. But based on the recent election, I don't think so.

But the democratic party won the election mainly based on votes that were R in 2016 that turned to D in 2020.  Do you think those votes will swing back to R in 2024 (especially after all of these shenanigans)?

19 minutes ago, Milkman said:

@Riversco

6 minutes ago, fred_1_15301 said:

But the democratic party won the election mainly based on votes that were R in 2016 that turned to D in 2020.  Do you think those votes will swing back to R in 2024 (especially after all of these shenanigans)?

Except the D party did NOT win the election in terms of House, Senate, and state legislatures.  The cowardly Senators that are enabling Trump's tantrums now haven't faced any consequences for the past 4 years, why would we expect them to face consequences in 2022 or 2024?

I think there's a significant possibility that the GOP will win the House in 2022, especially given that, in large part, the GOP will get to redraw districts based on the 2020 Census.

Edited by Rich Conway
  • Like 2

20 minutes ago, fred_1_15301 said:

You'd think so...but thus far there has been no accountability for such behavior.  I don't have any inclination to believe that they would be in any trouble in 2024 either.

1 minute ago, Rich Conway said:

Except the D party did NOT win the election in terms of House, Senate, and state legislatures.  The cowardly Senators that are enabling Trump's tantrums now haven't faced any consequences for the past 4 years, why would we expect them to face consequences in 2022 or 2024?

A few of them have: Gardener and McSally. A lot more may in 2 years, the numbers aren’t good for Republican senators then. And we still need to see about Georgia this time around. 

7 minutes ago, Rich Conway said:

I think there's a significant possibility that the GOP will win the House in 2022, especially given that, in large part, the GOP will get to redraw districts based on the 2020 Census.

Fair point

I hate to be "post twitter guy", but this big-picture summary is too well done.  I'll post it more reader friendly than tweet crap.  Its done by Isaac Saul, the guy that has spent countless time swatting down every post-election conspiracy theory.  Great summary.

There are basically 5 phases of fraud allegations and Trump defeat that I see. We're somewhere between Phase 3 and Phase 4. Here is how I'd break it down:

Phase 1: Sow doubt before the election. A constant barrage of nothing but claims that mail-in voting was ripe for fraud.

Phase 2: After losing the election, reframe every single thing you can find that even has a whiff of peculiarity as widespread, massive, election changing voter fraud. This was the "flood the zone" phase.

Phase 3: Try to offload conspiracies from Twitter and Facebook into the court system, and fail miserably (we’re just about done this phase). Trump's team is getting clobbered in court. Taking an absolute beatdown in every fathomable way. The end is nigh.

Phase 4: Try to target specific electors and sow enough doubt or delay that they abandon their duty to certify the vote. This face started in Michigan -- we'll see it bubble for a little while. It won't last long.

Phase 5: Run out of options, watch Republicans jump ship, watch WSJ/Fox News jump ship, watch Biden get inaugurated, and then spend the next four years claiming the election was stolen as leverage for fundraising, earned media, and maybe a 2024 run. This starts pre-Xmas.

Upshot is we're near the beginning of the end now, and I'm sure there will be a few more dramatic moments between now and Jan 20th. But between T-giving and Xmas you'll notice a lot less energy behind all this craziness. Slowly, it'll become confined to a very small group.

• Thanks 2

35 minutes ago, SoBeDad said:

I agree that a civil war, with hard weapons, will not occur. But the fact that Trump could start an uprising with a few tweets is disconcerting. 

Agree that a civil war is unlikely but if Trump somehow manages to get the courts to throw out hundreds of thousand of votes and/or convinces the state legislators to appoint their own electors over the electors of the popular vote winners there very well could be a level of civil unrest we have not seen in more than 100 years.

10 minutes ago, Bamboo Bill said:

What's everyone getting all worked up about?  Trump was only calling because of his concern for her safety.  Nothing to see here.

Edited by Chaz McNulty
Oh, I forgot to add "I was told it was a beautiful call"
  • Laughing 1