What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

How Much Voter Fraud Happened In 2020? (1 Viewer)

How much voter fraud do you think happened in 2020?

• I voted for Biden and I think Voter Fraud was rampant - enough to impact the outcome.

Votes: 8 1.7%
  • I voted for Biden and I think Voter Fraud was real - enough to maybe impact the outcome.

Votes: 4 0.8%
  • I voted for Biden and I think Voter Fraud was minimal - not enough to make a real impact

Votes: 65 13.7%
  • I voted for Biden and I think Voter Fraud was virtually non existent - no impact at all

Votes: 269 56.9%
  • I voted for Trump and I think Voter Fraud was rampant - enough to impact the outcome.

Votes: 26 5.5%
  • I voted for Trump and I think Voter Fraud was real - enough to maybe impact the outcome.

Votes: 23 4.9%
  • I voted for Trump and I think Voter Fraud was minimal - not enough to make a real impact

Votes: 14 3.0%
  • I voted for Trump and I think Voter Fraud was virtually non existent - no impact at all

Votes: 8 1.7%
  • I voted for a 3rd party or didn't vote and I think Voter Fraud was rampant - enough to impact the ou

Votes: 7 1.5%
  • I voted for a 3rd party or didn't vote and I think Voter Fraud was real - enough to maybe impact the

Votes: 11 2.3%
  • I voted for a 3rd party or didn't vote and I think Voter Fraud was minimal - not enough to make a re

Votes: 20 4.2%
  • I voted for a 3rd party or didn't vote and I think Voter Fraud was virtually non existent - no impac

Votes: 18 3.8%

• Total voters
You can't get "extra ballots". You have to request one, it gets sent to the registered address, and then it's recorded as such.

If someone then tries to vote in person, it will get flagged as they registered to vote by mail. They can fill out a provisional ballot in case they didn't mail it in and then they wait until the mail in deadline (depends on the state), and if no mail in ballot received with the registered name, they will count the provisional ballot.

You can't just grab a random ballot and turn it in. You can't make up mail in ballots.
So we must assume there's nothing fishy going on behind the scenes......I tend to think there isn't, but nothing would surprise me, and I like I said, I would put nothing past the Dems to take down Trump
There are Republican observers "behind the scenes" at every counting station in every state, and none of them have reported evidence of a crime.

So....yeah, we assume that a lack of evidence also means a lack of a crime.

There are Republican observers "behind the scenes" at every counting station in every state, and none of them have reported evidence of a crime.

Ok now this is something that makes sense to me.  Im wondering if there is any reason for Trump to go down this road other than he can't accept defeat......I mean election processes have been rigged or whatever since the beginning of elections so it's not out of the realm of possibilities, especially when you consider there would be ample motive

Just a side note: I'm a little surprised less than 10% here voted for Trump. I knew this was a heavily left leaning board ( I actually like that ) but I didn't know it was this lopsided.

Just a side note: I'm a little surprised less than 10% here voted for Trump. I knew this was a heavily left leaning board ( I actually like that ) but I didn't know it was this lopsided.
It's almost an echo chamber, but not quite.....I was quite surprised as well. 

It's almost an echo chamber, but not quite.....I was quite surprised as well. 
Well...based on this anonymous poll...also seems a large amount of Trump supporters or the most vocal of them have not been around as much lately either due to suspension or not wanting to be suspended or whatever.

I also find the anonymous part of these polls often lead to poor results...when we have polls where the results are public (including who voted what...we have seen people who are vocally one way, vote claiming they are the other).  Just as we have had at least one on here admit to lying to actual pollsters.

Is it still strongly anti-Trump here...yes, most certainly so.

Ok now this is something that makes sense to me.  Im wondering if there is any reason for Trump to go down this road other than he can't accept defeat......I mean election processes have been rigged or whatever since the beginning of elections so it's not out of the realm of possibilities, especially when you consider there would be ample motive
The possibility of rigging an election is much less likely when a Democrat wins in a state that is largely controlled by Republicans (see: Arizona and Georgia).

It's also much less likely when the winner (Biden) gets more votes than Democratic House and Senate candidates on the same ticket.

Last edited by a moderator:
I did not vote in the poll because there was no option for what I believe. I think voter fraud is real but not enough to make a real impact.

I don't think this board leans that far left in a day to day setting.

It's been pointed out here multiple times that a significant number of posters here who opposed trump were never left leaning, but were independents, libertarians, traditional republicans, non-political types, etc. 

Only here does the association get made that if you are anti trump you are automatically a democrat or left-leaning.

why is the assumption that only those voting for Biden committed fraud, and only in those states where it was close? if they do go down the rabbit hole for this 'fraud investigation', they need to be looking at both sides, and Republicans might not like what they find.

as a matter of fact, let's start the investigation with things that happened well before the election even started. for instance, disabling mail sorting machines right before an election that was going to rely heavily on mail-in votes, or suing multiple states (Montana, Nevada, New Jersey) to reduce their capacity for mail-in voting, or encouraging Trump supporters to vote multiple times.

Right...so whether you drop in the box or put it in the mail doesn't matter if you were trying to send in multiple ballots.
It's not so much individual voter fraud I'm referring to, but if there was election fraud you could potentially create illegitimate voters pretty easily with mail ins......like I said, I'm saying I think it happened, I just honestly haven't been paying attention, and while i think this may be unlikely, I wouldn't not rule it out of the realm of possibilities.

So who checks to the numbers of registered voters against the actual votes cast?

why is the assumption that only those voting for Biden committed fraud, and only in those states where it was close? if they do go down the rabbit hole for this 'fraud investigation', they need to be looking at both sides, and Republicans might not like what they find.

as a matter of fact, let's start the investigation with things that happened well before the election even started. for instance, disabling mail sorting machines right before an election that was going to rely heavily on mail-in votes, or suing multiple states (Montana, Nevada, New Jersey) to reduce their capacity for mail-in voting, or encouraging Trump supporters to vote multiple times.
Or making sure only one drop box was available for the entire city of Houston Texas.

We can go on and on and on. 

The USPS service shenanigans were clear signs of attempts at voter suppression.

But hey Donny.......it did not work.

There is basically close to zero merit to any of these claims that would revers 10’s of thousands of legitimate legally casted votes.

Right...so whether you drop in the box or put it in the mail doesn't matter if you were trying to send in multiple ballots.
It's not so much individual voter fraud I'm referring to, but if there was election fraud you could potentially create illegitimate voters pretty easily with mail ins
No, that's literally impossible. A person must first show ID to register to vote, so it's not possible for Democrats or Republicans to create fictitious people for the purposes of voting.

And if they did, it would be caught fairly easily. In fact, the Trump campaign has repeatedly tried to claim that "fake people" voted, but each time they have been proven to be wrong.

It's not so much individual voter fraud I'm referring to, but if there was election fraud you could potentially create illegitimate voters pretty easily with mail ins......like I said, I'm saying I think it happened, I just honestly haven't been paying attention, and while i think this may be unlikely, I wouldn't not rule it out of the realm of possibilities.

So who checks to the numbers of registered voters against the actual votes cast?
I would imagine that the county Board of Elections would be all over that.  Look for historical trends in this ratio and compare it to other, surrounding areas.

Here's an example of:

1. You can't think it's just Democrats

2. How rare it is

3. What happens if you do (likely to get caught AND the punishment)

This was back in 2016. In a red state.

No, that's literally impossible. A person must first show ID to register to vote, so it's not possible for Democrats or Republicans to create fictitious people for the purposes of voting.

And if they did, it would be caught fairly easily. In fact, that Trump campaign has repeatedly tried to claim that "fake people" voted, but each time they have been proven to be wrong.
I realize this but I'm playing Devil's advocate here based on Trump's accusations and the motivation of the democratic party

And if they did, it would be caught fairly easily. In fact, that Trump campaign has repeatedly tried to claim that "fake people" voted, but each time they have been proven to be wrong.
I realize this but I'm playing Devil's advocate here based on Trump's accusations and the motivation of the democratic party
The point of playing "Devil's advocate" is to argue a position that could actually have a theoretical basis in reality.

"Democrats are inventing fictitious people and registering them to vote in a Republican state, and the Republicans who control the state haven't caught it" is not an example of such a position.

I think the voter suppression out in the open is the real scandal and people seem to act likes its perfectly legitimate. 

So can someone explain to me how the mail in thing works, and how they assure no fraud is happening?  I've always filled out my ballot and dropped it in a box.  

So isn't that essentially what Trump is saying?  That there are extra ballots being filled out and sent back in?  I'm not saying it did happen, but how would we know?  And if you're talking about a Democratic party who had the mindset of "any means necessary" because they feel Trump is dangerous.....
I have absolutely no clue what Trump is even claiming...not listened a second to his nonsense on this.  I just came here to explain how it works in Florida.  We receive a request for a mail in ballot.  We have to sign it and return it formally requesting a ballot.  We have the option of signing up for mail in ballots for the next two elections as well.  Simply check the box and now you're getting your ballots via mail for four years.  They send you the ballots during the scheduled time they tell you they will.  Ballot comes with the exact same sheets you'd fill out in person.  Also included is a security sleeve and prepaid envelope.  You fill out your ballot, sign it, send it back OR you can drop it off yourself at the election's office.

Once the ballot is sent back, you can look at the status of your ballot (has a barcode on it) and see exactly where it's at in the process.  Mail, processing center, opened, recorded are our statuses.  Just go to the county elections website and fill in the info to see.  If there's a problem with signatures or processing they give you a different status and you can call to figure out the issues.  Many of the elections offices are proactive and get in touch with you if you provide an email address or phone number on the security sleeve.  That's how it works here in Florida....the state that Trump used for a mail in ballot himself.

Can we PLEASE stop the "didn't vote for trump so you must lean heavily left" stuff?  It should be crystal clear to all of us paying attention the nation was absolutely done with Trump and wanted him gone but still were ok with lower level GOP individuals.  I see no reason to assume this place would be any different.

I would imagine that the county Board of Elections would be all over that.  Look for historical trends in this ratio and compare it to other, surrounding areas.
Even tighter than that at the individual precinct level, at least in Louisiana. There are parish-level Election Commissions here, but they don't go around personally vetting each precinct unless there is a controversy raised.

What I mean is that to contest the results in a precinct here, no one person has to go through, say, 50,000 ballots. Precinct-level poll workers will instead review probably more like 500-1,500 at the very most. All under the watchful eye of observers from both parties.

Furthermore: For this particular kind of fraud to be pulled off, opposite-party observers -- all of them in the desired precincts -- need to be complicit in the fraud.

CNN dug into 50 examples of “dead people” voting in Michigan.  Guess what?  None of the 50 examples held up under investigation.

https://www.cnn.com/2020/11/08/tech/michigan-dead-voter-fact-debunking/index.html

We need more dives like this into election data.   Maybe, just maybe, if we have enough stories like this we can finally put to rest the 3+ decade lingering notion that there is rampant election fraud.
and...

https://twitter.com/aayoub/status/1325850686790266881
@Zow , @Yankee23Fan , and other FBG lawyers:

Ayoub's tweet ... that imaged document. Did Trump's campaign file an appeal where there was no lower-court judgment of any kind? In other words -- they petitioned directly to the appellate court? Am I seeing that right?

this question is like asking the losing team’s fans in the nba or nfl if the officials were biased or if the fix was in.  everyone thinks so, but there is no evidence of wrong doing.  the rangers got the #1 draft pick?  must be a fix by the nhl.

I think the voter suppression out in the open is the real scandal and people seem to act likes its perfectly legitimate. 
There was a lady on our neighborhood's FB page claiming voter suppression because the line was 2+ hours first thing in the morning on election day. Said she didn't have that kind of time and claimed suppression because "they had ample time to make sure there would be enough booths for people to vote in a timely manner".

Is this considered voter suppression if it's not particularly out of the ordinary AND the state had early voting open for 2 weeks prior to the election?

There was a lady on our neighborhood's FB page claiming voter suppression because the line was 2+ hours first thing in the morning on election day. Said she didn't have that kind of time and claimed suppression because "they had ample time to make sure there would be enough booths for people to vote in a timely manner".

Is this considered voter suppression if it's not particularly out of the ordinary AND the state had early voting open for 2 weeks prior to the election?
No not necessarily. But consistently long lines in African American precincts election after election I would consider yes. Closing polling places in those neighborhoods as well. There are tons of ways to suppress the vote and most of them were used somewhere this year. 

I live in a lilly white suburban district and never have to wait for more than a few minutes. Why do you need to pack water/food, supplies and chairs to vote anywhere? It's ridiculous. 

Just a side note: I'm a little surprised less than 10% here voted for Trump. I knew this was a heavily left leaning board ( I actually like that ) but I didn't know it was this lopsided.
Yes, but even many of us who would never otherwise vote D voted for Biden. Or, more accurately, against Trump. 

Hope you're doing well, GB. Miss the LABS crew.

No not necessarily. But consistently long lines in African American precincts election after election I would consider yes. Closing polling places in those neighborhoods as well. There are tons of ways to suppress the vote and most of them were used somewhere this year. 

I live in a lilly white suburban district and never have to wait for more than a few minutes. Why do you need to pack water/food, supplies and chairs to vote anywhere? It's ridiculous. 
So do I, we wait occasionally (typically Presidential elections) but never more than an hour or so in the 13 years I've lived here. Rubbed me the wrong way because it was inconveniencing her so I have a bias about the individual. Later that day there was no wait but first thing in the morning, at lunch time and right after 5 pm are kinda heavy traffic times in any election. To think it would have been different in this one is just somebody trying to get attention by posting it online.

To your point, long lines, limiting polling places, etc are all methods of suppression but not in suburb SC where a good portion of the world voted straight Republican ticket anyhow. Thanks for answering  :thumbup:

Sitting here watching FOX News, and they are reporting the election supervisor in PA (a Republican) says nothing out of the ordinary has gone on in Philadelphia and they interviewed Republican ballot screening people that have said they had equal and full access to everything and at no point were there ballots processed when they weren’t there. So does that mean the alleged rampant Democratic voter fraud in Pennsylvania is being covered up by Republicans?

Sitting here watching FOX News, and they are reporting the election supervisor in PA (a Republican) says nothing out of the ordinary has gone on in Philadelphia and they interviewed Republican ballot screening people that have said they had equal and full access to everything and at no point were there ballots processed when they weren’t there. So does that mean the alleged rampant Democratic voter fraud in Pennsylvania is being covered up by Republicans?
I just want to say how faith restoring it is to have those people speak up about the truth like that when they "lost" an election. In an era when not everyone does the right thing, they are doing so in a way that really, really matters. 

Utmost respect to those ensuring the voting process is fair and, more importantly, sharing with others that it was fair.

Can we PLEASE stop the "didn't vote for trump so you must lean heavily left" stuff?  It should be crystal clear to all of us paying attention the nation was absolutely done with Trump and wanted him gone but still were ok with lower level GOP individuals.  I see no reason to assume this place would be any different.
Exactly.

One of the tentpoles of the accusations is "how could all of these down ticket Republicans get more vote than Trump?"  It's pretty simple when you think about it.  

Why are all of you paranoid? Let's get the facts/truth and move on. I thought Trump Derangement Syndrome would be gone.

Why are all of you paranoid? Let's get the facts/truth and move on. I thought Trump Derangement Syndrome would be gone.
True. But people are being naive if they think voter fraud if true is one sided. Biden was supposed to win by a landslide.  I don't think Trump cares if he is king of ashes just as long as he is king.

You're addressing the people who are insisting there was fraud with no evidence to support that notion here, right?

We already have it. Election officials across party lines in pretty much every contested area have stated no fraud occurred. So unless the conspiracy is so deep that Republicans are somehow involved in it, Trump is being a sore loser.

Users who are viewing this thread