What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

How Much Voter Fraud Happened In 2020? (1 Viewer)

How much voter fraud do you think happened in 2020?

• I voted for Biden and I think Voter Fraud was rampant - enough to impact the outcome.

Votes: 8 1.7%
  • I voted for Biden and I think Voter Fraud was real - enough to maybe impact the outcome.

Votes: 4 0.8%
  • I voted for Biden and I think Voter Fraud was minimal - not enough to make a real impact

Votes: 65 13.7%
  • I voted for Biden and I think Voter Fraud was virtually non existent - no impact at all

Votes: 269 56.9%
  • I voted for Trump and I think Voter Fraud was rampant - enough to impact the outcome.

Votes: 26 5.5%
  • I voted for Trump and I think Voter Fraud was real - enough to maybe impact the outcome.

Votes: 23 4.9%
  • I voted for Trump and I think Voter Fraud was minimal - not enough to make a real impact

Votes: 14 3.0%
  • I voted for Trump and I think Voter Fraud was virtually non existent - no impact at all

Votes: 8 1.7%
  • I voted for a 3rd party or didn't vote and I think Voter Fraud was rampant - enough to impact the ou

Votes: 7 1.5%
  • I voted for a 3rd party or didn't vote and I think Voter Fraud was real - enough to maybe impact the

Votes: 11 2.3%
  • I voted for a 3rd party or didn't vote and I think Voter Fraud was minimal - not enough to make a re

Votes: 20 4.2%
  • I voted for a 3rd party or didn't vote and I think Voter Fraud was virtually non existent - no impac

Votes: 18 3.8%

• Total voters
I keep seeing conservatives suggest Trump invoke the "Insurrection Act" as his next move. 

What would be the legal recourse of that? 
It depends how deep down the rabbit hole you want to go. Their theories involve martial law, the national guard, the army, locking up Biden.. Basically all that seems to be left for Trump supporters is Qanon theories.

Last edited by a moderator:
I keep seeing conservatives suggest Trump invoke the "Insurrection Act" as his next move. 

What would be the legal recourse of that? 
It depends how deep down the rabbit hole you want to go. Their theories involve martial law, the national guard, the army, locking up Biden.. Basically all that seems to be left for Trump supporters is Qanon theories.
The few times I dipped my toes in the world of Q, I noticed that martial law was a pretty big thing with those guys.

Gotta say I'm a big fan of "Trolling MT" taking his victory lap.
Not sure he's the troll here. I mean by all accounts this was an absurd case in a long line of absurd doomed to fail cases. I don't think celebrating the SC made a lay-up is really trolling. The trolling is the people who put the challenge to the SC in the first place. 

Supreme Court rejects it.  Trump has no choice but to concede now, surely.
You don’t keep the greatest grift of all time going by conceding.   

Trump’s known he has no chance to stay in the White House since Sunday after the election.  This gong show was never really about that.  

• Thanks
Reactions: JAA
Sidney Powell, about a half-hour ago:

"Pay attention! We made emergency filings in #SupremeCourt tonight for #Georgia & #Michigan. Will be filing #Arizona #Wisconsin shortly. These cases raise constitutional issues and prove massive #fraud. Our plaintiffs have #standing #WeThePeople will not allow #rigged elections"

Rudy Giuliani on NewsMax, in response to the Supreme Court ruling: "The case wasn't rejected on the merits, it was rejected based on standing. ... The worst part of this is, basically, the courts are saying they want to stay out of this and they don't want to hear the facts. That's a terrible mistake. These facts need to be heard and aired and some court needs to have the courage to make a decision." Um, hasn't that already happened dozens of times?

Also, Chuck Woolery: "Dems are freaking out after Justice Thomas makes his move!"

Rudy Giuliani on NewsMax, in response to the Supreme Court ruling: "The case wasn't rejected on the merits, it was rejected based on standing. ... The worst part of this is, basically, the courts are saying they want to stay out of this and they don't want to hear the facts. That's a terrible mistake. These facts need to be heard and aired and some court needs to have the courage to make a decision." Um, hasn't that already happened dozens of times?

Also, Chuck Woolery: "Dems are freaking out after Justice Thomas makes his move!"
"The courts don't to hear the facts that we haven't found yet". 

"Pay attention! We made emergency filings in #SupremeCourt tonight for #Georgia & #Michigan. Will be filing #Arizona #Wisconsin shortly. These cases raise constitutional issues and prove massive #fraud. Our plaintiffs have #standing #WeThePeople will not allow #rigged elections"
Feels like it needed more hashytags

I’m not sure Paxton is getting his pardon for throwing up a 0-9 goose egg (on substance) at the SC?

• Sad
What other option is there? 
So I assume you’ve seen his tweets since the ruling. That was the other, predictable way for him to go. 

ETA: For example - @realdonaldtrump - WE HAVE JUST BEGUN TO FIGHT!!!

So I assume you’ve seen his tweets since the ruling. That was the other, predictable way for him to go. 

ETA: For example - @realdonaldtrump - WE HAVE JUST BEGUN TO FIGHT!!!
That sounds healthy.  Just a normal day in a functioning democracy.  No signs of a guy who wants to be a dictator.

• Sad

I have a feeling they will be back in two and two. 

I have a feeling they will be back in two and two. 
Nothing stopping states or individuals from filing 2020 election lawsuits into perpetuity, is there? No one’s getting sanctioned, so why not nuisance lawsuits until the end of time? There’s no mechanism in the legal framework to end this conclusively. One SCOTUS decision just leads to more suits file elsewhere, or even to the Texas AG suing battleground states a second, third, fourth, etc. time.

I really hope most of the crazy posts I see on Parler are trolls or bots or foreign agents. There’s some insane stuff on there about the election fraud and how it’s now up to the Trump army to violently take the country back. 

Ilov80s said:
I really hope most of the crazy posts I see on Parler are trolls or bots or foreign agents. There’s some insane stuff on there about the election fraud and how it’s now up to the Trump army to violently take the country back. 
It's so weird, I'm binge-watching Homeland right now.  Just finished wrapping season 7 (spoiler alert!) which involves a storyline where Russian bots spread misinformation about the US in an attempt to destroy our democracy.  And here we sit today.....

Ilov80s said:
I would think so meant to divide and weaken. Despite the claims of fraud there has not been violence yet. Perhaps it means Americans realize its just sour grapes/poor loser stuff which is grossly magnified by Trump's narcissism and Republicans kowtowing out of fear of his tweets.

But you think about the armed wacko who charged into the pizza parlor looking for the child pedophile ring.

I would think so meant to divide and weaken. Despite the claims of fraud there has not been violence yet. Perhaps it means Americans realize its just sour grapes/poor loser stuff which is grossly magnified by Trump's narcissism and Republicans kowtowing out of fear of his tweets.

But you think about the armed wacko who charged into the pizza parlor looking for the child pedophile ring.
Yeah in no way do I think that represents a large % of people but it only takes a small number to cause serious problems.

Ilov80s said:
Good...then parler is doing it's job and keeping these morons minimized on their platform.  That's exactly what we need.  The less oxygen the better.  It's already labeled a whacko site, so few rational people will go there anyway.  Let them fester and stew on their own.  I'm seeing parler related links coming up on facebook etc though, which I find pretty comical.  I also see the whackos "tagging" rather normal people in their whacko posts on facebook.  I assume that's just an effort to get more attention as they know their nonsense is getting less and less eyes on facebook (thanks to the algorithms ironically enough) :lol:  

Regarding the Texas dismissal - here is the start of a good tweet thread explaining the points/responses that were provided in the ruling (specifically around talking points that are going around right wing sites on trying to spin this in a positive light).

Mike Dunford

@questauthority

It's been a bit more than 12 hours since SCOTUS tossed out the Texas v Pennsylvania et al lawsuit, and the disinformation narratives are starting to stabilize a bit. So it seems like a good time to carefully walk through the order that the Supreme Court issued.

12:32 PM · Dec 12, 2020·Twitter Web App

https://mobile.twitter.com/questauthority/status/1337812707249184775

On a separate item - Trumps appeal to the Wisconsin Supreme Court is going on now. Trumps attorney is getting slammed by the justices right now. Read this text string for some of the harshest line of questioning/responses I’ve seen so far. 

Adam Klasfeld

@KlasfeldReports

The Supreme Court of Wisconsin is scheduled to hear another Trump post-election suit at noon Central Time—roughly five minutes from now. It's thrown out three post-election suits already. This one's being live-streamed. Link at the bottom of the preview:

Wisc. High Court Hears Fourth Pro-Trump Suit | Law & Crime

lawandcrime.com

12:55 PM · Dec 12, 2020·Twitter Web App

https://mobile.twitter.com/KlasfeldReports/status/1337818307924267008

edit - I noted judge but meant justices 

Maurile Tremblay said:

Apparently trying to get SCOTUS to grant cert without waiting for the Circuit Court decisions.

The Wisconsin case going on right now is hilarious. The attorney for the Trump side’s main argument is the Wisconsin election form is bad and thus the votes from 2 Wisconsin counties should be thrown out. The judges are reminding him that it’s the same form that everyone thought was fine when Trump won in 2016. They are also questioning that the whole State used the form why would they only throw out the votes from 2 counties? One justice said those 2 counties are the most diverse and that the lawsuit seems like outright racism.Trump is about to take another L.

Ilov80s said:
My Parler feed is on tilt right now. I follow lots of prominent conservative personalities and many of them are upset to put it nicely. Ever heard of Milo Yiannopoulos? He's blaming the Republican party for destroying his life and career and says he's dedicating the rest of his life to destroying the Republican party. Seems a bit melodramatic, I'd say.

Adam Klasfeld

@KlasfeldReports

BREAKING: A Trump-appointed federal judge in Wisconsin dismissed Trump's case there WITH PREJUDICE, repeatedly calling the case "extraordinary." The ruling falls as Trump's state case circles the drain in Wisconsin Supreme. Background: https://lawandcrime.com/2020-election/trumps-attorney-makes-patently-offensive-claim-that-voiding-elections-in-wisconsin-would-be-like-brown-v-board-of-education/…

1:48 PM · Dec 12, 2020·Twitter Web App

https://mobile.twitter.com/KlasfeldReports/status/1337831670070865922

How come after reading so many ps

My Parler feed is on tilt right now. I follow lots of prominent conservative personalities and many of them are upset to put it nicely. Ever heard of Milo Yiannopoulos? He's blaming the Republican party for destroying his life and career and says he's dedicating the rest of his life to destroying the Republican party. Seems a bit melodramatic, I'd say.
Hail Hydra

Adam Klasfeld

@KlasfeldReports

BREAKING: A Trump-appointed federal judge in Wisconsin dismissed Trump's case there WITH PREJUDICE, repeatedly calling the case "extraordinary." The ruling falls as Trump's state case circles the drain in Wisconsin Supreme. Background: https://lawandcrime.com/2020-election/trumps-attorney-makes-patently-offensive-claim-that-voiding-elections-in-wisconsin-would-be-like-brown-v-board-of-education/…

1:48 PM · Dec 12, 2020·Twitter Web App

https://mobile.twitter.com/KlasfeldReports/status/1337831670070865922
The 58 lost. Those 58 losses don't include losses on appeal 

I'm sure there's some 'explanation' circulating on the dark corners of the web I don't visit, and also that I'll be sorry I asked, but...

For the 75% of Trump voters who think fraud is a big problem, why didn't Trump's lawyers present any evidence of it to the courts?

My hypothesis is it's because they didn't have any and the real goal here is to make sure holding democratic elections with universal suffrage eventually becomes impossible.

• Smile
I'm sure there's some 'explanation' circulating on the dark corners of the web I don't visit, and also that I'll be sorry I asked, but...

For the 75% of Trump voters who think fraud is a big problem, why didn't Trump's lawyers present any evidence of it to the courts?
You can't ask that question here.  Apparently there's tons of evidence. 

My hypothesis is it's because they didn't have any and the real goal here is to make sure holding democratic elections with universal suffrage eventually becomes impossible.
Smoke has a tendency to disappear. 

Another Trump-appointed judge rejected another meritless election lawsuit, this one in Wisconsin federal court.

"In his reply brief, plaintiff 'asks that the Rule of Law be followed,'" Judge Brett Ludwig wrote. "It has been," he concluded.

Ilov80s said:
This was the point I was trying to make to @fatguyinalittlecoat.  This is who we are dealing with. Better we hear their true feelings now. If we want change this needs to be addressed as a country, not as a party.  Otherwise we are just burying our heads in the sand. 

On a separate item - Trumps appeal to the Wisconsin Supreme Court is going on now. Trumps attorney is getting slammed by the justices right now. Read this text string for some of the harshest line of questioning/responses I’ve seen so far. 

Adam Klasfeld

@KlasfeldReports

The Supreme Court of Wisconsin is scheduled to hear another Trump post-election suit at noon Central Time—roughly five minutes from now. It's thrown out three post-election suits already. This one's being live-streamed. Link at the bottom of the preview:

Wisc. High Court Hears Fourth Pro-Trump Suit | Law & Crime

lawandcrime.com

12:55 PM · Dec 12, 2020·Twitter Web App

https://mobile.twitter.com/KlasfeldReports/status/1337818307924267008

edit - I noted judge but meant justices 
Great read - thank you

I don't believe that fraud is a big problem, but I do support Trump's right to have his day in court. My hope is that this exercise shows that there are loopholes in the system which could be exploited by an unethical party. For example, we should be saving the envelopes with signatures on them and we should not let random liberal bureaucrats be the judge of signature matches.

I don't believe that fraud is a big problem, but I do support Trump's right to have his day in court. My hope is that this exercise shows that there are loopholes in the system which could be exploited by an unethical party. For example, we should be saving the envelopes with signatures on them and we should not let random liberal bureaucrats be the judge of signature matches.
Who should be the judge of signature matches?

Who should be the judge of signature matches?
Let a computer do it. And when a signature is rejected, it should be evaluated by a group of representatives from both parties.

Do people understand the logistical nightmare it would be to submit 10s of thousands of fraudulent mail-in ballots, across multiple states, counties and precincts?

I don’t have the sense that people understand how impossible it would be to do that - let alone not get caught. 

Users who are viewing this thread