What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

How Much Voter Fraud Happened In 2020? (6 Viewers)

How much voter fraud do you think happened in 2020?

• I voted for Biden and I think Voter Fraud was rampant - enough to impact the outcome.

Votes: 8 1.7%
  • I voted for Biden and I think Voter Fraud was real - enough to maybe impact the outcome.

Votes: 4 0.8%
  • I voted for Biden and I think Voter Fraud was minimal - not enough to make a real impact

Votes: 65 13.7%
  • I voted for Biden and I think Voter Fraud was virtually non existent - no impact at all

Votes: 269 56.9%
  • I voted for Trump and I think Voter Fraud was rampant - enough to impact the outcome.

Votes: 26 5.5%
  • I voted for Trump and I think Voter Fraud was real - enough to maybe impact the outcome.

Votes: 23 4.9%
  • I voted for Trump and I think Voter Fraud was minimal - not enough to make a real impact

Votes: 14 3.0%
  • I voted for Trump and I think Voter Fraud was virtually non existent - no impact at all

Votes: 8 1.7%
  • I voted for a 3rd party or didn't vote and I think Voter Fraud was rampant - enough to impact the ou

Votes: 7 1.5%
  • I voted for a 3rd party or didn't vote and I think Voter Fraud was real - enough to maybe impact the

Votes: 11 2.3%
  • I voted for a 3rd party or didn't vote and I think Voter Fraud was minimal - not enough to make a re

Votes: 20 4.2%
  • I voted for a 3rd party or didn't vote and I think Voter Fraud was virtually non existent - no impac

Votes: 18 3.8%

• Total voters
Yeah, I get that.  People in all kinds of positions are "not a working stiff".  I don't see how it applies if no one does anything, but I'm willing to acknowledge I'm wrong if it's literally in the Constitution somewhere or some official document.
Attempting to change the results of an election, even if the attempt fails is a miserable and dishonorable action for a president. I’m not sure what the correct consequence is but it should not just be shrugged off as “no big deal since it didn’t so work”. 

You can stop with this over dramatic hyperbole :bs: .  The last 4 years we said the same about the Democrats.
But when you said it about democrats it made zero sense.  We have open examples of Republicans doing this now.

Democrats did not try to overthrow an election...not at all.

Attempting to change the results of an election, even if the attempt fails is a miserable and dishonorable action for a president. I’m not sure what the correct consequence is but it should not just be shrugged off as “no big deal since it didn’t so work”. 
I don't know what you want to happen in the next 17 days.  My guess is nothing will happen and people will just shrug it off as the last ravings of a desperate man and just be happy it's over with.

I don't know what you want to happen in the next 17 days.  My guess is nothing will happen and people will just shrug it off as the last ravings of a desperate man and just be happy it's over with.
If we have time for more special investigations on election tampering, surely this should be a part of it.

The bolded is a great point:

You can see our write-up of President Trump’s irate call to the Georgia Secretary of State threatening him with jail if he didn’t change the poll results to give the state to President Trump. If you haven’t I recommend listening to the actual audio which has been released. As is often the case, seeing the words on paper doesn’t convey quite totality of it. Again, listen to the audio. It will bring it home in a deeper way.

There’s an additional substantive point I want to draw your attention to. We know President Trump acts like a thug. This is almost a literal replay of the Zelensky phone call which got Trump impeached. But there’s something more. This is a private call. It’s not for public consumption. This isn’t about stoking grievances for 2024 or maintaining control over the post-presidency GOP. President Trump is clearly very intent on remaining in office past January 20th and desperate to do so. He doesn’t think this is a closed question. He’s willing to do anything to remain in office and he believes enough threats can get him there.

Last edited by a moderator:
FWIW, I was e-mailing someone who's involved in state politics in my home state and he knows people involved in national/other states' politics.  And Dems are quietly optimistic about the Senate races in GA.  The not-entirely-crazy Republicans are mad at the entirely-crazy Republicans and generally fed up with Trump's nonsense.  There was a feeling, even before the release of this recording, that turnout would suffer more on the Republican side than the Dems.  And, to the degree it's true, the audio seems like it would exacerbate that.  (In fact, the timing of the Post receiving this recording and the timing of the story couldn't be timed much better to hurt Rs in GA.)

It's still likely to be close, and it could go either way, but I'd definitely rather be the Dem Senate candidates in GA than the Rs right now.

If we have time for more special investigations on election tampering, surely this should be a part of it.
By "election tampering" are you talking about the investigations into voter fraud?  If not, then any further investigations into election tampering will be seen as nothing more than retribution and revenge.

By "election tampering" are you talking about the investigations into voter fraud?  If not, then any further investigations into election tampering will be seen as nothing more than retribution and revenge.
Ted Cruz is calling for a 10 day investigation into voter fraud. If we can do that, we can include the Presidents attempts to influence Georgia’ SOS into finding more votes as part of the investigation considering it’s the biggest lead we have for finding people attempting to circumvent the will of the county and our election integrity.

Ted Cruz is calling for a 10 day investigation into voter fraud. If we can do that, we can include the Presidents attempts to influence Georgia’ SOS into finding more votes as part of the investigation considering it’s the biggest lead we have for finding people attempting to circumvent the will of the county and our election integrity.
Sure, let's get it all in!

He didn't say that and if he did, he didn't mean it. And if he did, you didn't understand it. And if he did, it's not a big deal, others have said worse.
This is not conducive to good conversation.  You can be part of the solution or you can twist or purposefully misinterpret people's words to get more "likes" on this board to add to your total (are you winning yet?). 

Which one do you want to be?

This is not conducive to good conversation.  You can be part of the solution or you can twist or purposefully misinterpret people's words to get more "likes" on this board to add to your total (are you winning yet?). 

I think this is fair.  Part of healing and moving forward includes taking a different approach.  I’m as guilty of this as anyone.

Is it really fair?  Or is it like when I’m in a heated discussion with my wife and she brings up something from 5 months ago?
I don’t think mile high was in a heated discussion...and seeing how someone  had already made a post claiming similar to he didn’t mean it that way...yeah, I think its fair.

Misinterpret his words? Seriously?

What part of what he said is open to misinterpretation?

“The people of Georgia are angry, the people in the country are angry,” he said. “And there’s nothing wrong with saying, you know, um, that you’ve recalculated.”

I just reject the analogy.  This isn’t bringing up something you did one time.  Its bringing up things  that have happened over and over  to excuse bad behavior.
Ok.  My wife brings up things from months and months ago also.  Rather than just addressing the situation at hand.

Misinterpret his words? Seriously?

What part of what he said is open to misinterpretation?

“The people of Georgia are angry, the people in the country are angry,” he said. “And there’s nothing wrong with saying, you know, um, that you’ve recalculated.”
I think you need to go back and re-read what I was replying too.

Ok.  My wife brings up things from months and months ago also.  Rather than just addressing the situation at hand.
Sure...the situation at hand is Trump did what he did.

I agree the post was not going to further discussion...but also think its fair criticism of the response we have already seen in the past and again already to this recent thing.

I think you need to go back and re-read what I was replying too.
Hi - as his post was a stand alone post indicating the various excuses that will surely come out from this - I’m reading that as you were talking about Trumps comments - but apologies if you are referring to others comments. 

Le’s be clear so there is no confusion (on mine or anyone elses part) - as a Trump supporter what do you think about his remarks? Did he say it? If so, did he mean it? If so was it clear what he was referring to? If so is it a big deal?

Hi - as his post was a stand alone post indicating the various excuses that will surely come out from this - I’m reading that as you were talking about Trumps comments - but apologies if you are referring to others comments. 

Le’s be clear so there is no confusion (on mine or anyone elses part) - as a Trump supporter what do you think about his remarks? Did he say it? If so, did he mean it? If so was it clear what he was referring to? If so is it a big deal?
He was responding to my post even though he didn't quote it.  It was a snarky reply based on what I wrote.

And I've also responded to your questions from a previous poster in earlier in this thread.

The President of the United States is not allowed this defense. The power imbalance between the President and the other party is too great.
Is this true?  Or is this something you THINK he isn't allowed?  I don't really know
I meant it rhetorically— that “C’mon ... I was just spouting off!” wouldn’t be an exculpatory defense if Trump had to defend the contents of the conversation with Raffensperger in court.

Amazing that OAN and Newsmax don't appear to be covering the Trump phone call story. Fox News has it kind of buried in the middle of their homepage. This sure seems like the biggest story of the weekend by a mile. 

Amazing that OAN and Newsmax don't appear to be covering the Trump phone call story. Fox News has it kind of buried in the middle of their homepage. This sure seems like the biggest story of the weekend by a mile. 
Amazing?  Ever watch the MSM whenever there is a bad story about a Democrat?  It's the same as you post just replace OAN and Newsmax with MSNBC, CNN, ABC (take your pick).

I'm not amazed or surprised at all.

I'm somewhat surprised that the Fox story included this quote from Sen. **** Durbin:

""President Trump’s recorded conversation with Georgia Secretary of State Raffensperger is more than a pathetic, rambling, delusional rant," Durbin said in a statement. "His disgraceful effort to intimidate an elected official into deliberately changing and misrepresenting the legally confirmed vote totals in his state strikes at the heart of our democracy and merits nothing less than a criminal investigation."

Durbin added: "The president is unhinged and dangerous. Those who encourage and support his conduct, including my Senate colleagues, are putting the orderly and peaceful transition of power in our nation at risk.""

I'm somewhat surprised that the Fox story included this quote from Sen. **** Durbin:

""President Trump’s recorded conversation with Georgia Secretary of State Raffensperger is more than a pathetic, rambling, delusional rant," Durbin said in a statement. "His disgraceful effort to intimidate an elected official into deliberately changing and misrepresenting the legally confirmed vote totals in his state strikes at the heart of our democracy and merits nothing less than a criminal investigation."

Durbin added: "The president is unhinged and dangerous. Those who encourage and support his conduct, including my Senate colleagues, are putting the orderly and peaceful transition of power in our nation at risk.""
Why are you surprised?  The news content (particular “print”) of Fox is usually accurate.  It’s all the editorial content - especially the talking heads on TV - are generally spouting right wing talking points.

• Smile
Reactions: JAA
My wife is, well was, Catholic.  Not sure if it's still a thing but had to go on a retreat and attend marriage classes beforehand.  It was pretty silly for the most part. Particularly when they could have just said FOR THE LOVE OF GOD DON'T GET MARRIED.  However one valuable thing they presented was Rules For Fighting. Number one was don't bring up the past. 

My wife is, well was, Catholic.  Not sure if it's still a thing but had to go on a retreat and attend marriage classes beforehand.  It was pretty silly for the most part. Particularly when they could have just said FOR THE LOVE OF GOD DON'T GET MARRIED.  However one valuable thing they presented was Rules For Fighting. Number one was don't bring up the past. 
HOw do they reconcile that with no takesy backsies?

The President of the United States is not allowed this defense. The power imbalance between the President and the other party is too great.
Well, and of course there was also threat of criminal liability to GA officials. Not sure I would chalk it up to mad ravings when threat of criminality is waged.
A failed attempt is still an attempt.  There's no logical way around it.  That said, I'd be writing up articles now if I were in charge.  They won't do it, but that's what I'd do.

I’m with you. I have no idea what “the left” has done the last 4 years that’s remotely as egregious as Trump’s behavior wrt the election, and those who support him.
Again...he thinks that Congressional investigation into Russian interference and impeachment for breaking the law is the same thing as what the GOP is doing right now.

Amazing?  Ever watch the MSM whenever there is a bad story about a Democrat?  It's the same as you post just replace OAN and Newsmax with MSNBC, CNN, ABC (take your pick).

I'm not amazed or surprised at all.
This isn't true. OANN is simply fictional stuff. 

This is in the like trying to equate what Trump does to other politicians. 

These people are outliers.

Users who are viewing this thread