Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

How Much Voter Fraud Happened In 2020?

How much voter fraud do you think happened in 2020?  

447 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

9 hours ago, The Commish said:

He thinks what the GOP is doing now is the same thing as investigating Trump's connection to Russia and impeaching him for breaking the law when it comes to Ukraine.  

That’s an absurd comparison.

ETA More absurd by the minute.

Edited by Terminalxylem
  • Like 1
  • Replies 4.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Brad Heath Retweeted Lawrence Hurley @lawrencehurley BREAKING: Supreme Court rejects Texas-led effort to toss out election results in four key states that Biden won 6:31 PM · Dec 1

Here's the problem with that position (from my point of view, and I venture to guess the point of view of everyone that is not a supporter of Donald Trump and/or the GOP currently) (and I truly don't

There were no Tesla counties for Edison to rename. 

The call   is a backdoor admission that Trump doesn't have anything in regards to voter fraud.  He's not making that call if they have the proof.  The call in itself should squash that narrative that there was fraud in this election.  

• Like 7
  • Thanks 2
3 hours ago, BladeRunner said:

That is a GREAT question!

I'm not sure.  How about not demand retribution for the last 4 years?  Be civil to each other regardless of whether they agree with you or not.

I can get onboard with that. 

When you say don’t demand retribution, what does that mean?

3 hours ago, BladeRunner said:

I don't know what you want to happen in the next 17 days.  My guess is nothing will happen and people will just shrug it off as the last ravings of a desperate man and just be happy it's over with.

I can tell you what I would like to happen

I would like to send a message that ensures no one in the future would ever try something like this again

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

Representative Chip Roy objects to the seating of Congressmen from 5 states.

Nicely done by Roy. He’s forcing a vote on record on whether or not to accept the election results for Congress for the five states where Republicans have been alleging voter fraud. He says if the Presidential results should be rejected, so should the results of the Congressional races in those states as well. What he’s really doing is forcing Republicans to go on record saying that the ballots giving Republicans seats in Congress should be accepted while rejecting the same ballot for President.

• Like 12
  • Thanks 1
  • Love 1
  • Thinking 1

Criminal solicitation to commit voter fraud

“a) (1) A person commits the offense of criminal solicitation to commit election fraud in the first degree when, with intent that another person engage in conduct constituting a felony under this article, he or she solicits, requests, commands, importunes, or otherwise attempts to cause the other person to engage in such conduct.”

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
28 minutes ago, GroveDiesel said:

“a) (1) A person commits the offense of criminal solicitation to commit election fraud in the first degree when, with intent that another person engage in conduct constituting a felony under this article, he or she solicits, requests, commands, importunes, or otherwise attempts to cause the other person to engage in such conduct.”

I think that sentence after the last comma it's where it all falls apart.

He's been unable to convince anyone to engage in that conduct.

1 minute ago, BladeRunner said:

Nothing after the comma states he has to be successful in doing so...the request pr attempt os enough.

7 minutes ago, BladeRunner said:
36 minutes ago, GroveDiesel said:

“a) (1) A person commits the offense of criminal solicitation to commit election fraud in the first degree when, with intent that another person engage in conduct constituting a felony under this article, he or she solicits, requests, commands, importunes, or otherwise attempts to cause the other person to engage in such conduct.

That's not what it says at all. Attempts

• Thanks 1
53 minutes ago, GroveDiesel said:

Representative Chip Roy objects to the seating of Congressmen from 5 states.

Nicely done by Roy. He’s forcing a vote on record on whether or not to accept the election results for Congress for the five states where Republicans have been alleging voter fraud. He says if the Presidential results should be rejected, so should the results of the Congressional races in those states as well. What he’s really doing is forcing Republicans to go on record saying that the ballots giving Republicans seats in Congress should be accepted while rejecting the same ballot for President.

It went to vote and all but 2 Representatives voted to confirm the elections and seat the incoming Congressmen.

Link

So now we know with a certainty that all but 2 Representatives don’t believe that there was enough concern with fraud to prevent them from confirming the elections results.

• Like 1
14 hours ago, Amused to Death said:

Considering he needs to flip 3 states to win, it's a good bet similar calls were made to PA, AZ, WI, and MI.

We know for a fact that he's had numerous calls and discussions with GOP members of the PA legislature, trying to get them to declare the results fraudulent and appoint their own Electors (PA's Democratic Governor, SOS and AG certainly won't do it). He's even had them to the White House for a visit. It's a simple step to "Well, look at how the Georgia results have been found to be fraudulent. It's only reasonable for us to assume our results were just as fraudulent." #DominionDominoes. 

9 minutes ago, apalmer said:

We know for a fact that he's had numerous calls and discussions with GOP members of the PA legislature, trying to get them to declare the results fraudulent and appoint their own Electors (PA's Democratic Governor, SOS and AG certainly won't do it). He's even had them to the White House for a visit. It's a simple step to "Well, look at how the Georgia results have been found to be fraudulent. It's only reasonable for us to assume our results were just as fraudulent." #DominionDominoes. 

As I have said in the other thread...he doesn't want the truth...he wants the narrative.  Something to push his supporters (both in the public and in power in the GOP).  When GA offered him links to the reports and investigations into one of the bogus claims he threw out there...he proclaimed he didn't want it, didn't care about it.  Of course he doesn't.  The truth is not what matters to him.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
11 minutes ago, The Commish said:

Again....failed attempts are still attempts :shrug: 

Naw... Just like a failed armed bank robbery isn't a robbery.  It's just a misunderstanding with a gun and a ski-mask.

• Laughing 1

From Politico:

It started on Saturday when Trump and his team reached out to talk to Raffensperger, who, according to an adviser, felt he would be unethically pressured by the president. Raffensperger had been here before: In November he accused Trump ally and South Carolina Sen. Lindsey Graham of improperly exhorting him to meddle in the election to help Trump win Georgia. Graham later denied it.

So why not record the call with the president, Raffensperger’s advisers thought, if nothing else for fact-checking purposes. “This is a man who has a history of reinventing history as it occurs,” one of them told Playbook. “So if he’s going to try to dispute anything on the call, it’s nice to have something like this, hard evidence, to dispute whatever he’s claiming about the secretary. Lindsey Graham asked us to throw out legally cast ballots. So yeah, after that call, we decided maybe we should do this.”

The call took place Saturday afternoon. “Mr. President,” announced Mark Meadows, the White House chief of staff, at the top of the call, “everyone is on the line.” Little did he know. Trump made his ask and did most of the talking for the next hour, trafficking in the same conspiracy theories about election fraud that no court or criminal investigator has found credible. At the end of the call, Trump complains, “What a schmuck I was.”

Raffensperger’s team kept quiet about the call and the recording and waited. The president made the next move, claiming on Sunday morning via Twitter that Raffensperger was “unwilling, or unable, to answer” questions about his baseless claims of widespread voter fraud. “Respectfully, President Trump: What you're saying is not true,” Raffensperger replied at 10:27 a.m. “The truth will come out.” It wasn’t an empty promise.

I think its kind of fascinating how this is not some secret leak - Raffensperger and his team are pretty open about it.

• Like 3
  • Love 2
1 minute ago, Sinn Fein said:

From Politico:

It started on Saturday when Trump and his team reached out to talk to Raffensperger, who, according to an adviser, felt he would be unethically pressured by the president. Raffensperger had been here before: In November he accused Trump ally and South Carolina Sen. Lindsey Graham of improperly exhorting him to meddle in the election to help Trump win Georgia. Graham later denied it.

So why not record the call with the president, Raffensperger’s advisers thought, if nothing else for fact-checking purposes. “This is a man who has a history of reinventing history as it occurs,” one of them told Playbook. “So if he’s going to try to dispute anything on the call, it’s nice to have something like this, hard evidence, to dispute whatever he’s claiming about the secretary. Lindsey Graham asked us to throw out legally cast ballots. So yeah, after that call, we decided maybe we should do this.”

The call took place Saturday afternoon. “Mr. President,” announced Mark Meadows, the White House chief of staff, at the top of the call, “everyone is on the line.” Little did he know. Trump made his ask and did most of the talking for the next hour, trafficking in the same conspiracy theories about election fraud that no court or criminal investigator has found credible. At the end of the call, Trump complains, “What a schmuck I was.”

Raffensperger’s team kept quiet about the call and the recording and waited. The president made the next move, claiming on Sunday morning via Twitter that Raffensperger was “unwilling, or unable, to answer” questions about his baseless claims of widespread voter fraud. “Respectfully, President Trump: What you're saying is not true,” Raffensperger replied at 10:27 a.m. “The truth will come out.” It wasn’t an empty promise.

I think its kind of fascinating how this is not some secret leak - Raffensperger and his team are pretty open about it.

Brian Beutler @brianbeutler · 41m

Seems like a federal entity should take note of the fact that the Republicans who recorded the president committing a crime, and released the goods, continue to insist that @LindseyGrahamSC did the same thing.

:popcorn:

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2
3 minutes ago, Sinn Fein said:

From Politico:

You could even hear it at the end of the call.  Meadows says something about how everyone on the call has agreed to look into this or that..and the GA officials chime in with, no, that is not what we said.  

The whole call sounded like the call ins he does to Fox News where he just spouts off his wild claims.

I loved the push back on the amount of dead people voting...2, we found 2.

Edited by sho nuff
  • Like 1
2 minutes ago, sho nuff said:

I loved the push back on the amount of dead people voting...2, we found 2.

To which Trump's attorney didn't dispute the 2, only went on to complain that the State has more information that they aren't privy to and the the State has been unwilling to provide that data to the Trump campaign. So two things I take away from that - the campaign acknowledges they don't have all the information to support the claims they make. And that the campaigns aren't responsible for investigating claims of voter fraud nor should they be.

4 minutes ago, Sinn Fein said:

also :lol: to anyone saying the clips are misconstrued.

The entire tape paints a worse picture of/for Trump.  The man is bat-#### crazy.

I laugh at that too.  "listen to the whole thing"...I did, it makes him look even worse.  Not only does the push to find votes and "its ok for you to say you recaluculated" still happen...a whole lot of other wild crap gets thrown out there and he admits he doesn't care to even look at the link showing his conspiracy theory is false.

The whole call is yet another bit of evidence on the large pile that shows he is not fit for the office.

Edited by sho nuff
1 minute ago, Amused to Death said:

To which Trump's attorney didn't dispute the 2, only went on to complain that the State has more information that they aren't privy to and the the State has been unwilling to provide that data to the Trump campaign. So two things I take away from that - the campaign acknowledges they don't have all the information to support the claims they make. And that the campaigns aren't responsible for investigating claims of voter fraud nor should they be.

Also that they keep complaining about what information they don't get...to which the officials have to explain that they are not legally allowed to do so.

• Thanks 1
4 minutes ago, Sinn Fein said:

also :lol: to anyone saying the clips are misconstrued.

The entire tape paints a worse picture of/for Trump.  The man is bat-#### crazy.

Are the people who say the 4 minute clip is being misconstrued the same people who point to edited "Ruby" security tape as proof of fraud?

• Like 1
7 minutes ago, sho nuff said:

Also that they keep complaining about what information they don't get...to which the officials have to explain that they are not legally allowed to do so.

The entire premise of so much of their objection to the election has been: 

They know there was fraud because Trump couldn’t possibly lose and they know Democrats cheat. They don’t have the evidence for that but they are assuming that must be true. So what they are asking for is access to private voter information, recounts, signature checks, hard drives and voting machine data so that they can find votes that they assume must be there because remember there’s no way Trump could lose. It would be like going to the police and asking them to wire tap your neighbor, execute a search warrant of his home and seize his assets because you “just know” he’s up to something shady. 

Edited by Ilov80s
  • Like 2
1 minute ago, Ilov80s said:

The entire premise of so much of their objection to the election has been: 

They know there was fraud because Trump couldn’t possibly lose and they know Democrats cheat. They don’t have the evidence for that but they are assuming that must be true. So what they are asking for is access to private voter information, recounts, signature checks, hard drives and voting machine data so that they can find votes that they assume must be there because remember there’s no way Trump could lose. It would be like going to the police and asking them to wire tap your neighbor, execute a search warrant of his home and seize his assets because you “just know” he’s up to something shady. 

He started the call with it...he knows he won because look how many people came to a rally.

4 minutes ago, sho nuff said:

He started the call with it...he knows he won because look how many people came to a rally.

Good thing for Trump that Axl Rose wasn’t running for President. His rallies draw 40,000-100,000 people and are so valuable he charges for admission. Based on this logic Axl Rose would be the most popular Presidential candidate in history. 

• Like 2
  • Laughing 2

I haven't had time to listen to this, and I'm a pretty strong proponent of listening to something in it's entirety (as many here have done) before commenting on it....

But I agree with the poster above that said that this is proof that Trump doesn't have anything.  Which is the exact opposite of what his side thinks.  There are a lot of people on the right think Trump is sitting on a treasure trove of evidence, but this call apparently demolishes that theory.

EDIT: But then that's based on what the left says when they listen to the call.

I just went and looked at some right-wing twitter accounts and they are all claiming the call shows Trump's brilliance  :lmao:

Edited by shader
  • Sad 1

Excuse me principal, I am the smartest and best student in the school. I should be the valedictorian-everyone knows my grades were better than any other kid in school. I just need you to give me access to the other kids grades, test scores, behavior records, etc so I can prove that I’m actually top student in the school. 

4 minutes ago, shader said:

I haven't had time to listen to this, and I'm a pretty strong proponent of listening to something in it's entirety (as many here have done) before commenting on it....

But I agree with the poster above that said that this is proof that Trump doesn't have anything.  Which is the exact opposite of what his side thinks.  There are a lot of people on the right think Trump is sitting on a treasure trove of evidence, but this call apparently demolishes that theory.

It also says to me he knows the January 6th stunt isn't going to work either. 

• Thinking 1
23 minutes ago, shader said:

There are a lot of people on the right think Trump is sitting on a treasure trove of evidence, but this call apparently demolishes that theory.

Common sense demolished the theory long ago.

Trump, and his people, are waging a public relations war - since they can't win in court.  If Trump had a scintilla of evidence showing the wide-spread election fraud that he alleges - he would have been screaming it from the mountaintops.  He would be releasing all the evidence into the public sphere in an attempt to overwhelm public officials into changing the certified votes.

Neither Trump, nor his team, have released any credible evidence to show the kind of wide-spread election fraud that would be necessary to overturn this election.  Its not because they are holding it in abeyance, waiting for the correct moment to release this Kraken-level of evidence - its because they don't have any evidence.

• Like 3

I totally forgot to mention in the GA runoff thread that I voted on a Dominion machine in the runoff last week.  I’ve tried to avoid the news cycles the last few weeks so not sure if that’s been something discussed by the media, Trump or anyone else.

I’m not saying that my vote for Ossoff and Warnock got flipped to Perdue and Loeffler but I’m also not not saying it. :tinfoilhat:

1 hour ago, sho nuff said:

As I have said in the other thread...he doesn't want the truth...he wants the narrative.  Something to push his supporters (both in the public and in power in the GOP).  When GA offered him links to the reports and investigations into one of the bogus claims he threw out there...he proclaimed he didn't want it, didn't care about it.  Of course he doesn't.  The truth is not what matters to him.

Yep - it's just like Ukraine. I don't care if you actually investigate - I just want you to announce an investigation

• Like 4

Pretty wild to me that, for some people, hard evidence of a sitting president implying to certain government officials and members of his own party that they are criminals because the outcomes of their investigations did not come out in his favor is no big deal.   But a questionable laptop showing Hunter Biden might of arranged some meetings with board members of some Ukranian or Chinese companies with his father is a smoking gun that Joe Biden abuses his political power.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

I think my favorite part of the call is Trump acknowledging how well the GOP did overall and using that as proof that Democrats cheated to win one particular race.  If anything, that is proof that either A) Democrats didn't cheat (i.e. they would have done much better overall if they cheated), or B) if Democrats tried to cheat they were completely inept at it.  There is no world in which Democrats organized a massive, sophisticated cheating effort that left no trace of evidence despite all GOP efforts to uncover it AND just plain forgot to win all the other races they needed.

• Like 1
47 minutes ago, Mile High said:

It also says to me he knows the January 6th stunt isn't going to work either. 

A "stunt" is probably a good word for it.  It's likely them just appeasing their base.  From a constitutional standpoint, there currently isn't a path to Trump winning, unless Pence throws out electoral votes claiming that they are not valid.  (and that's the longest of longshots)

That would be unprecedented and I don't know what formal procedures would be in place to address those actions on the 6th.  To me, this ends Pence's political career, and as someone who likely wanted to run for office in the future, I don't think there's any chance of Pence doing this.

Ironically, him NOT throwing out electoral votes will make him HATED among the right, which will doom his future chances.  So he's in a corner.

Edited by shader
2 minutes ago, shader said:

From a constitutional standpoint, there currently isn't a path to Trump winning, unless Pence throws out electoral votes claiming that they are not valid.  

That would be unprecedented and I don't know what formal procedures would be in place to address those actions on the 6th.  To me, this ends Pence's political career, and as someone who likely wanted to run for office in the future, I don't think there's any chance of Pence doing this.

Ironically, him NOT throwing out electoral votes will make him HATED among the right, which will doom his future chances.  So he's in a corner.

Your sentence isn't accurate.  That wouldn't be constitutional.  Not sure if you meant it that way or not - I'm assuming not.

1 minute ago, shader said:

From a constitutional standpoint, there currently isn't a path to Trump winning, unless Pence throws out electoral votes claiming that they are not valid.  

Yeah I agree he's in a tough spot.  I can't see him throwing out the votes.  I think everyone (Trump aside, possibly) understands that this is all theatre right now, but the minute Pence does that, it ceases to be that and becomes something else.  I imagine he's done the calculus in his head and recognizes that he doesn't have enough support to go down that other path and survive.  

8 minutes ago, shader said:

He does not have the power to throw out votes. As is generally the case for the VP, he doesn't have any power on Jan 6. 

• Like 2
5 minutes ago, Drunken Cowboy said:

He does not have the power to throw out votes. As is generally the case for the VP, he doesn't have any power on Jan 6. 

Yup, its really just ceremonial. The VP has as about as much control over who wins the elections as Punxsutawney Phil has over when winter will end.

• Like 3
  • Laughing 1
20 minutes ago, hxperson said:

Pretty wild to me that, for some people, hard evidence of a sitting president implying to certain government officials and members of his own party that they are criminals because the outcomes of their investigations did not come out in his favor is no big deal.   But a questionable laptop showing Hunter Biden might of arranged some meetings with board members of some Ukranian or Chinese companies with his father is a smoking gun that Joe Biden abuses his political power.

Hypocrisy, its how politics rolls.

Raffensperger adviser to Politico:

"It's nice to have something like this, hard evidence, to dispute whatever he's claiming about the secretary. Lindsey Graham asked us to throw out legally cast ballots. So yeah, after that call, we decided maybe we should do this."

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
1 hour ago, Sinn Fein said:

Brian Beutler @brianbeutler · 41m

Seems like a federal entity should take note of the fact that the Republicans who recorded the president committing a crime, and released the goods, continue to insist that @LindseyGrahamSC did the same thing.

:popcorn:

Lock them up. 

• Like 1
1 hour ago, shader said:

EDIT: But then that's based on what the left says when they listen to the call.

I just went and looked at some right-wing twitter accounts and they are all claiming the call shows Trump's brilliance  :lmao:

I'm an OG gangster...what I hear from Trump's convo is the same thing that Carlo, in the Godfather heard when Sonny, after beating the crap out of him said "You touch my sister again, I'll kill you".  The fact that Sonny uttered it was proof that Sonny WASN'T able to kill Carlo....because if he was able to...Sonny wouldn't have said it and would have just killed him.  

Edited by Thunderlips
46 minutes ago, AAABatteries said:

I totally forgot to mention in the GA runoff thread that I voted on a Dominion machine in the runoff last week.  I’ve tried to avoid the news cycles the last few weeks so not sure if that’s been something discussed by the media, Trump or anyone else.

I’m not saying that my vote for Ossoff and Warnock got flipped to Perdue and Loeffler but I’m also not not saying it. :tinfoilhat:

Did you get one of the machines with the "switched out parts" Trump talked about?

• Laughing 1

How is this not a threat against the SoS and his lawyer?

"And you are going to find that they are -- which is totally illegal, it is more illegal for you than it is for them because, you know what they did and you're not reporting it. That's a criminal, that's a criminal offense. And you can't let that happen. That's a big risk to you and to Ryan, your lawyer."

• Like 2
2 hours ago, The Z Machine said:

Naw... Just like a failed armed bank robbery isn't a robbery.  It's just a misunderstanding with a gun and a ski-mask.

I was thinking along these lines too. Might as well get rid of the police and whole justice system since all you have to do is claim it was a joke, publicity stunt or everyone else is lying. Insanity. 

5 minutes ago, Amused to Death said:

How is this not a threat against the SoS and his lawyer?

"And you are going to find that they are -- which is totally illegal, it is more illegal for you than it is for them because, you know what they did and you're not reporting it. That's a criminal, that's a criminal offense. And you can't let that happen. That's a big risk to you and to Ryan, your lawyer."

It clearly was a threat. 

• Thanks 1
31 minutes ago, Drunken Cowboy said:
40 minutes ago, shader said:

Apparently, there is a belief among a certain group on social media that Pence possesses the authority to simply ignore or toss out the electoral votes. I have attempted to ascertain exactly how Pence could pull off such a stunt, but I have not found much in terms of an actual template or gameplan. As near as I can tell, these people believe that Pence has the authority to do one of the following:

1. Pence refuses to show up on January 6th.
The theory behind it: Ha ha! The Constitution says the certificates must be opened by the President Of The Senate. No Pence, no certificates! NAILED IT!
What would actually happen: Senator Chuck Grassley is appointed President Of The Senate (as per the order of succession rules), the certificates are opened, and Biden would be elected as planned.

2. Pence tears up the certificates from blue states.
The theory behind it: Biden fails to get 270 electoral votes, so the House gets to choose the President!
What would actually happen: Congress would use its authority to remove Pence, then Grassley would preside over the ceremony and Biden would be elected as planned.

3. Pence pulls out secret envelopes containing the names of alternate electors from Georgia, Pennsylvania, and Arizona.
The theory behind it: ???? (nonsense at best)
What would actually happen: Congress would ask Pence if the alternate electors were certified by the state authorities. If Pence says "Yes", then he gets removed and replaced by Grassley; if Pence says "No", then Congress politely asks Pence to pull out the correct names, and the ceremony moves forward and Biden is elected.

None of the theories seem to have any basis in constitutional reality. Pence simply has no legal authority to affect the electoral vote. He plays a purely ceremonial role unless the Senate is deadlocked on a vote (which will not happen).

Edited by Sea Duck
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 4