Jump to content
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

How Much Voter Fraud Happened In 2020?


How much voter fraud do you think happened in 2020?  

452 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Recommended Posts

2 hours ago, Yankee23Fan said:

Dominion is easier to remember and sounds scarier. 

I'm still a little puzzled how the ballot fraud and machine malfunctions only affected states where Trump lost and only affected the Presidential votes on those ballots.  Crazy coincidences!  Those Republican down-ballot winners sure dodged a bullet.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Brad Heath Retweeted Lawrence Hurley @lawrencehurley BREAKING: Supreme Court rejects Texas-led effort to toss out election results in four key states that Biden won 6:31 PM · Dec 1

Here's the problem with that position (from my point of view, and I venture to guess the point of view of everyone that is not a supporter of Donald Trump and/or the GOP currently) (and I truly don't

There were no Tesla counties for Edison to rename. 

36 minutes ago, Biff84 said:
45 minutes ago, Godsbrother said:

This always puzzled me.  I would expect the average Joe to not identify with a person with Donald's Trump background (born rich,  never had a real job, draft dodger, womanizer, adulterer) but they do.

 

He’s the poor person’s idea of a billionaire. Someone who flaunts their wealth and uses it abuse the rules and norms of society.

Right.  Can do whatever he wants and all he has to do is pay a fine while "the rest of us" would have been in prison decades ago.

I remember when this kind of person was despised and called "Hollywood Elite".

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, 2Squirrels1Nut said:

Right.  Can do whatever he wants and all he has to do is pay a fine while "the rest of us" would have been in prison decades ago.

I remember when this kind of person was despised and called "Hollywood Elite".

The main difference is that he hates the same people as them.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Biff84 said:

The main difference is that he hates the same people as them.

If by "hate" you mean he was begging to be in their inner circle his whole life, but was rejected because what we have seen in the last 5 years isn't an act, I agree with you.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Yankee23Fan said:

Dominion is easier to remember and sounds scarier. 

Yup. Jem Hadar, The Founders, The Voorta...people didn't forsget what happend on DS9.

Edited by Thunderlips
  • Like 2
  • Laughing 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

One explanation of the Trump phenomenon is that Americans are generally optimistic people. Years ago social scientists wondered what could explain why lower- and middle-class Americans so frequently voted against what appeared to be in their economic interest. It turned out that Americans almost universally believe that they individually will end up rich. Against common sense, we see ourselves as the exception, and vote for what we assume will be our eventual economic interest.

Throw in a healthy side of racism /xenophobia, and you've got a recipe for Trumpism. Trump is the kind of rich guy I'd be, if not for the damn brown people /jews/liberals /Catholics /whatever other strawman threat we're told to blame. 

I have no link, and have no idea where I learned about this. It was  long before Trump-as-politician though. 

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
59 minutes ago, Maik Jeaunz said:

I have nothing to go on other than a hunch, but my hunch is that Pence is sick of Trump and ready to be over all of this. Pence seems like a more rational person, and being tied to Trump through all of the craziness has to be exhausting. and since Trump doesn't do anything that doesn't glorify Trump, I can't imagine him as being an encouraging and empowering presence behind the scenes. ever since that fly landed on Pence's head in the debate, which Trump's ego would be disgusted by and see as a yuge personal embarrassment, I can't even recall them being seen together...maybe for more than a minute or two. Pence is probably sick of just being a lackey, and ready to move on to the next thing.

again, this is just my hunch.

won't happen.  this is trump's party now and all of these lifelong politicians care only about one thing: power.  political relevance.  and that is controlled by trump because the base of the party think he is their king.  and, therefore, you must kiss the ring.  even after the election.

Link to post
Share on other sites
57 minutes ago, Ilov80s said:

I mostly agree. I doubt ever wanted anything to do with Pence but his team said they needed Pence to appease the evangelicals. 

i could see the evangelicals breaking away from trump.  their relationship with him was purely transactional, and they got what they bargained for: a justice that will gut roe.  trump may no longer be of use to them.

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/4/2021 at 2:32 PM, Ramsay Hunt Experience said:

I amuses me that Foley Lardner is “reviewing” Cleta Mitchell’s presence on the call. Heaven forbid she tar the good name of her chief client, ALEC. 

Cleta Mitchell, attorney who was on Trump's phone call with GA Sec of State, has resigned from her law firm. “Cleta Mitchell has informed firm management of her decision to resign from Foley & Lardner effective immediately," her firm said.

 

Code for: "She was asked to leave, but we gave her the option of tendering her resignation."

Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, Sinn Fein said:
On 1/4/2021 at 1:32 PM, Ramsay Hunt Experience said:

I amuses me that Foley Lardner is “reviewing” Cleta Mitchell’s presence on the call. Heaven forbid she tar the good name of her chief client, ALEC. 

Cleta Mitchell, attorney who was on Trump's phone call with GA Sec of State, has resigned from her law firm. “Cleta Mitchell has informed firm management of her decision to resign from Foley & Lardner effective immediately," her firm said.

 

Code for: "She was asked to leave, but we gave her the option of tendering her resignation."

Do you guys have the background on Foley Lardner's issue here with Mitchell? I'm coming in cold regarding Mitchell, and I don't know who "chief client, ALEC" is.

EDIT: NM, Googled for more detail. For some reason, I thought Mitchell represented Raffensperger :bag:

Edited by Doug B
Link to post
Share on other sites
43 minutes ago, Thunderlips said:

Yup. Jem Hadar, The Founders, The Voorta...people didn't forsget what happend on DS9.

The Founders got off easy imo

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Doug B said:

Do you guys have the background on Foley Lardner's issue here with Mitchell? I'm coming in cold regarding Mitchell, and I don't know who "chief client, ALEC" is.

ALEC is an lobbying group for big business that writes laws for Republicans to pass, in some cases word for word as written.

Edited by Dinsy Ejotuz
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, zoonation said:

i could see the evangelicals breaking away from trump.  their relationship with him was purely transactional, and they got what they bargained for: a justice that will gut roe.  trump may no longer be of use to them.

Give what Pat Robertson said, I would think that’s very likely

Link to post
Share on other sites
54 minutes ago, randall146 said:

One explanation of the Trump phenomenon is that Americans are generally optimistic people. Years ago social scientists wondered what could explain why lower- and middle-class Americans so frequently voted against what appeared to be in their economic interest. It turned out that Americans almost universally believe that they individually will end up rich. Against common sense, we see ourselves as the exception, and vote for what we assume will be our eventual economic interest.

Throw in a healthy side of racism /xenophobia, and you've got a recipe for Trumpism. Trump is the kind of rich guy I'd be, if not for the damn brown people /jews/liberals /Catholics /whatever other strawman threat we're told to blame. 

I have no link, and have no idea where I learned about this. It was  long before Trump-as-politician though. 

For the last 30 years all I've heard is how the white person in America is going to be replaced by brown people.  I can understand how that would be scary for some and self preservation is only trumped by sex in our wee mammalian brains. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, randall146 said:

One explanation of the Trump phenomenon is that Americans are generally optimistic people. Years ago social scientists wondered what could explain why lower- and middle-class Americans so frequently voted against what appeared to be in their economic interest. It turned out that Americans almost universally believe that they individually will end up rich. Against common sense, we see ourselves as the exception, and vote for what we assume will be our eventual economic interest.

Throw in a healthy side of racism /xenophobia, and you've got a recipe for Trumpism. Trump is the kind of rich guy I'd be, if not for the damn brown people /jews/liberals /Catholics /whatever other strawman threat we're told to blame. 

I have no link, and have no idea where I learned about this. It was  long before Trump-as-politician though. 

Related.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Kyle Griffin @kylegriffin1 · 2m

The city of Detroit has officially filed its motion seeking sanctions, including disbarment, for Sidney Powell and Lin Wood.

  • Like 5
  • Love 5
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, squistion said:

Donald J. Trump @realDonaldTrump14m

Even Mexico uses Voter I.D.

 

Even Mexico? I am not sure what that is supposed to mean...

:shrug:

even a corrupt country uses voter id 

  • Laughing 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, HellToupee said:
3 minutes ago, squistion said:

Donald J. Trump @realDonaldTrump14m

Even Mexico uses Voter I.D.

 

Even Mexico? I am not sure what that is supposed to mean...

:shrug:

even a corrupt country uses voter id 

Georgia has some of the strictest voter ID laws in the country

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, Dinsy Ejotuz said:

PA showing us the future today -- where state Senate Republicans simply refused to seat a Democrat whose vote was certified by the state.

And this is barely a news story. Ridiculous

Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, 2Squirrels1Nut said:

For the last 30 years all I've heard is how the white person in America is going to be replaced by brown people.  I can understand how that would be scary for some and self preservation is only trumped by sex in our wee mammalian brains. 

That's a heavily loaded way to express the concept, too (I realize you are paraphrasing others). Though an underclass is always present in a society, a nation need not bear a permanent underclass based on skin color (any skin color). Accordingly, there will be no "replacing".

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, the moops said:

And this is barely a news story. Ridiculous

Yeah...hard to keep arguing how good Republicans (talking party here...leaders...not posters so lets not argue Im calling posters here unpatriotic please) are, how patriotic they are, how they love the flag and constitution...if their party continues to do those things and the party and leadership say nothing (and the leader of the party now...Trump...is encouraging more of it).  That is not patriotic, that is not good for this Republic.

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, HellToupee said:
11 minutes ago, squistion said:

Donald J. Trump @realDonaldTrump14m

Even Mexico uses Voter I.D.

 

Even Mexico? I am not sure what that is supposed to mean...

:shrug:

even a corrupt country uses voter id 


Q.E.D. ?

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, sho nuff said:

Yeah...hard to keep arguing how good Republicans (talking party here...leaders...not posters so lets not argue Im calling posters here unpatriotic please) are, how patriotic they are, how they love the flag and constitution...if their party continues to do those things and the party and leadership say nothing (and the leader of the party now...Trump...is encouraging more of it).  That is not patriotic, that is not good for this Republic.

As much as the BLM and Antifa pissed me off, this is worse because of Trumps childish actions.  

Edited by FairWarning
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, squistion said:

Donald J. Trump @realDonaldTrump14m

Even Mexico uses Voter I.D.

 

Even Mexico? I am not sure what that is supposed to mean...

those "Latinos for Trump" voters must be so proud.

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, FairWarning said:

As much as the BLM and Antifa pissed me off, this may by worse because of Trumps childish actions.  

Sure...BLM and Antifa have bad elements...let me rephrase, BLM has some bad elements...what we know of as Antifa is just bad and uses violent tactics and that is not acceptable.  BLM as a whole, not so much.  Sure there are bad actors involved..not denying that, just as a whole no.

But this is coming from the top...being supported by the top and the leaders in the party and trickling down to state parties not seating a certified winner of an election even in PA.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, sho nuff said:

Sure...BLM and Antifa have bad elements...let me rephrase, BLM has some bad elements...what we know of as Antifa is just bad and uses violent tactics and that is not acceptable.  BLM as a whole, not so much.  Sure there are bad actors involved..not denying that, just as a whole no.

But this is coming from the top...being supported by the top and the leaders in the party and trickling down to state parties not seating a certified winner of an election even in PA.

Yup, I think I edited my post when you were replying.  He gave these far righters cred and they are abusing it.  It’s not a good look when the president wants to act like a mob boss.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Alex P Keaton said:

It's crazy that so much of the chaos we've been seeing is in response to fake voter fraud.

I heard today that none of this would have happened if there was just a Congressional investigation into voter fraud. Because it's totally reasonable to have full scale investigations into every hairbrained claim with no evidence whatsoever. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Trumpers:  I’ll bet any of you $1000 that regardless of how many investigations there are, there will not be more than 100 proven instances of voter fraud favoring Joe Biden in any state in the nation.  Proven means a court finding taken through final appeal.  Investigations and court proceedings must be completed by December 31, 2021.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, 2Squirrels1Nut said:

I heard today that none of this would have happened if there was just a Congressional investigation into voter fraud. Because it's totally reasonable to have full scale investigations into every hairbrained claim with no evidence whatsoever. 

Right, that’s the ticket. Legitimize the fantasy.

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, the rover said:

Trumpers:  I’ll bet any of you $1000 that regardless of how many investigations there are, there will not be more than 100 proven instances of voter fraud favoring Joe Biden in any state in the nation.  Proven means a court finding taken through final appeal.  Investigations and court proceedings must be completed by December 31, 2021.

There won’t be that many cases of fraud nationwide- let alone in a single state. 
 

And I would bet the majority of those cases favored Trump. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Ramsay Hunt Experience said:

I hope Sidney Powell hires someone who produces higher quality work product than her to defend her from Dominion’s 1.3 billion dollar lawsuit. 

Dominion doesn't seem to be afraid of discovery after all. 

  • Like 5
  • Laughing 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Mile High said:

Dominion doesn't seem to be afraid of discovery after all. 

Quick, everyone line up behind the next false talking point!  Don't bother looking back at the fact that the first 27 points turned out to be false, that will just slow us down.

Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, Ramsay Hunt Experience said:

I hope Sidney Powell hires someone who produces higher quality work product than her to defend her from Dominion’s 1.3 billion dollar lawsuit. 

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2021-01-08/sidney-powell-sued-by-dominion-voting-over-election-fraud-claims

 

Yep, I just saw that.  Dominion's entire company is on the line.  There are states that will likely now never buy these machines because they think they are fraudulent.  

I'm sure they are counting the days until they can file a lawsuit against Trump as well.

Link to post
Share on other sites

@RnR - happy to keep the discussion going in here about fraud/voting right, whatever.

I think we can start with agreeing that the election wasn't stolen and needing to continue to keep future elections secure and easily accessed by everyone.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, shader said:

I'm sure they are counting the days until they can file a lawsuit against Trump as well.

Supreme Court has been pretty clear that civil suits against the President can go forward while he is in office.

Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm hearing some pundits talk about how the US Democracy was able to withstand this assault and all this just proves how strong it is.  But you have to wonder what would have happened if the election results were much closer (Georgia the deciding state), and if the SoS and Governor were big Trump followers.  This could have easily gone the other way.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, RnR said:

There would be a different group of people rioting in the streets over voter suppression.

Which is my point. Until we get to a process where one side doesn't feel like the other is manipulating the election with below-the-table tactics, we're going to continue to see unrest during election season.

Going to bring this over to the appropriate place.  My response to this is "so"?  You asked if we'd be ok with the rules being changed.  And I said yes...I'd be ok with the rules being changed.  Because they were done correctly.  I might not like the rules, but if changed correctly, then they are what they are.  Now you're shoving goalposts on to some other talking point.  

Technically, every single rule change is a "manipulation".  Things don't stay the same forever.  I don't care what those people think because they are unreasonable and that goes for the pissing and moaning from Trump and his supporters to anyone else who's pissing and moaning because they don't like the change.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Ramsay Hunt Experience said:

I hope Sidney Powell hires someone who produces higher quality work product than her to defend her from Dominion’s 1.3 billion dollar lawsuit. 

I hope she hires Lin Wood.

ETA:  and 1.3B is kind of a lot.  Enough to get the attention of even Rupert Murdoch I'd imagine.

Edited by Dinsy Ejotuz
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Ramsay Hunt Experience said:

I hope Sidney Powell hires someone who produces higher quality work product than her to defend her from Dominion’s 1.3 billion dollar lawsuit. 

I took a look at the Complaint over lunch.  Its a doozy - 124 pages, many of which have images of documents, pictures, tweets, websites incorporated into the text. I guess these defamation lawyers don't care much for the Rule 8 "short and plain statement of the claim" standard.  

 

 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, CletiusMaximus said:

I took a look at the Complaint over lunch.  Its a doozy - 124 pages, many of which have images of documents, pictures, tweets, websites incorporated into the text. I guess these defamation lawyers don't care much for the Rule 8 "short and plain statement of the claim" standard.  

 

 

They are alleging fraud too, right?  This particular enough for you Rule 9?

  • Laughing 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

It looks like there were originally around 40 people in this poll that thought there was enough voter fraud to affect the outcome of this election.  I would be curious to know if any of the 40 people who voted this way have changed their minds after all the court cases and debunked rumors?

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Chaz McNulty said:

It looks like there were originally around 40 people in this poll that thought there was enough voter fraud to affect the outcome of this election.  I would be curious to know if any of the 40 people who voted this way have changed their minds after all the court cases and debunked rumors?

I think this poll was rigged.

  • Like 1
  • Laughing 3
  • Sad 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.


×
×
  • Create New...