What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***Carolina at Kansas City -10 (52) (1 Viewer)

Ministry of Pain

Footballguy
I don't understand how Vegas after pulled off that victory over the Chiefs, they can beat you in so many different ways even when their offense isn't on all cylinders. 

Kansaa City 35-17

And McCaffrey with a TD reception on a 15 play drive to open the game. Samuel was in on 1 play and had a nice run, Davis on 2 or 3 and had a nice catch. The rest were McCaffrey.

Step 1 in beating the Chiefs, don't let Mahomes on the field for his 1st offensive snap until there is 6:00 left in the 1st Q...

Again, when teams play KC to stop the run (Jets), they go pass funnel. When teams try to stop the pass (Bills) they go run funnel.

pretty big W for KC heading into the bye week with what looks like a pretty tough schedule later so nice to put this one in the bank....

Game log says Bell barely had any carries either, though. What gives?
1. Carolina dink and dunked a lot, opening drive took 1/8th of the game before KC even saw the ball and Carolina won TOP by an almost 2 to 1 margin.

2. We had several weeks were teams were determined to not let Chiefs beat them deep and make them take long sustained drives which usually coincided with teams going light in the box. Carolina seems to have chosen a different poison.

1. Carolina dink and dunked a lot, opening drive took 1/8th of the game before KC even saw the ball and Carolina won TOP by an almost 2 to 1 margin.

2. We had several weeks were teams were determined to not let Chiefs beat them deep and make them take long sustained drives which usually coincided with teams going light in the box. Carolina seems to have chosen a different poison.
An apt metaphor, good sir.

I watch every KC snap....often wonder sometimes why KC even tries to run the ball.....I want the ball in Mahomes hands on first, second, and third downs....I know you are supposed to have balance, and you can't solely rely on the passing game.....and they ran the ball down BUF throat.....blah blah blah.....but when push comes to shove this team really has no trouble abandoning the running game.....if KC runs the ball, its a win for the defense.....and sometimes it takes awhile each game, but Reid and Bienemy finally get around to realizing Mahomes needs to have the rock almost every play.....the blueprint to beat KC is really pretty simple....control the clock, finish drives with TD's (so go for it on 4th downs) and then hope you can bait KC into running the ball and get a couple stops.....CAR has the talent on offense to move the chains and eat clock and finish drives.....they almost pulled it off....went for it on 4th and 3 inside the 10 after a LONG drive......converted a fake punt (KC should just always assume a punt is going to be a fake IMO)......

Users who are viewing this thread