What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Healing And Moving Forward - Thoughts? (1 Viewer)

I think it definitely has to do with Don in office. The reaction to him the last 4 years from day one has been extreme and behavior we have never seen directed at any POTUS. I doubt it would be to the same extent under the others. I’m sure we are about to see the favor returned unfortunately. 
No other person in either the Dem or Rep nomination process that had even the remotest possibility of winning the Presidency would have carried on this charade that the election was “rigged”. There wouldn’t have been 2 months of stoking extremists. There is no parallel world where Wednesday happens.

Obama got treated like crap, W got the same, Clinton, yep. It’s part of the game it seems. None of the approached the depths the Donald reached. 

He’s a one off I believe. 

There’s absolutely no way. This was 100 a consequence of having Don in the office.

Anyone disagree with this @GoBirds @BladeRunner?
Kasich or Romney wouldn't be leaving office as they wouldn't have made the pandemic a left v. right issue. They would have listened to experts to actually try and make things better. Either would have won in 2020 in a landslide AND had my vote. 

No other person in either the Dem or Rep nomination process that had even the remotest possibility of winning the Presidency would have carried on this charade that the election was “rigged”. There wouldn’t have been 2 months of stoking extremists. There is no parallel world where Wednesday happens.

Obama got treated like crap, W got the same, Clinton, yep. It’s part of the game it seems. None of the approached the depths the Donald reached. 

He’s a one off I believe. 
He definitely deserves some of the blame, as do those that acted just like him in response. 

I think it definitely has to do with Don in office. The reaction to him the last 4 years from day one has been extreme and behavior we have never seen directed at any POTUS. I doubt it would be to the same extent under the others. I’m sure we are about to see the favor returned unfortunately. 
So it wasn’t him. It was the reaction to him?

You must have missed my next post. 
Yes I did. Sorry. 

Do you want a Conservative party that’s more neocon/globalist (Bush/Romney et al) or one that retains some of the America First Nationalism of the Trump party?

Do you think the party can silence the nasty parts that have been allowed far too much voice?  Or will they split off?

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes I did. Sorry. 

Do you want a Conservative party that’s more neocon/globalist (Bush/Romney et al) or one that retains some of the America First Nationalism of the Trump party?

Do you think the party can silence the nasty parts that have been allowed far too much voice?  Or will they split off?
Not sure the answer isn’t somewhere in the middle. Our country has plenty of its own problems, putting America first isn’t a bad thing but I don’t agree with throwing it in the face of other countries.  There’s a better delivery than what we’ve witnessed recently. 

Yes I did. Sorry. 

I would like to see a more right leaning libertarian kind of deal.  Personal freedoms, smaller gub, free markets, less crony capitalism, less world police.....I fear this is unobtainable as the current two party "swamp" will never allow it to be a viable approach.

I'm not sure how American conservatives will respond to the ensuing witch hunt of the woke cancel culture.......the far left is emboldened......free speech is under attack more so than ever.  We are being fed the narrative that the USA is hopelessly racist, when in fact we have made tremendous strides, and are a much more accepting country than most.....we can always do better, but the pendulum has swung too far, and regular folks are being attacked based on their political and/or religious beliefs.  Until we TRULY try to step outside our own comfort zones, we will never really understand where others are coming from....and so the divide widens.

I would like to see a more right leaning libertarian kind of deal.  Personal freedoms, smaller gub, free markets, less crony capitalism, less world police.....I fear this is unobtainable as the current two party "swamp" will never allow it to be a viable approach.

I'm not sure how American conservatives will respond to the ensuing witch hunt of the woke cancel culture.......the far left is emboldened......free speech is under attack more so than ever.  We are being fed the narrative that the USA is hopelessly racist, when in fact we have made tremendous strides, and are a much more accepting country than most.....we can always do better, but the pendulum has swung too far, and regular folks are being attacked based on their political and/or religious beliefs.  Until we TRULY try to step outside our own comfort zones, we will never really understand where others are coming from....and so the divide widens.
Are you radicalized, or am I wrong?

I'm not sure how American conservatives will respond to the ensuing witch hunt of the woke cancel culture.......the far left is emboldened......free speech is under attack more so than ever.  We are being fed the narrative that the USA is hopelessly racist, when in fact we have made tremendous strides, and are a much more accepting country than most.
Sorry, this conservative is not buying what you’re selling. I don’t agree that it was a witch hunt, and Barr agreed in his testimony. Anyone who thinks in those terms has lost any sense of objectivity.

The left is emboldened because the Republican Party has lost its way, and abandoned its core values. Instead of becoming a party of new solutions, it dog whistles, holds bibles upside down, and even plays footsie with conspiracy groups like QAnon - all to make up votes they are losing from conservatives like me. 

Sorry, this conservative is not buying what you’re selling. I don’t agree that it was a witch hunt, and Barr agreed in his testimony. Anyone who thinks in those terms has lost any sense of objectivity.

The left is emboldened because the Republican Party has lost its way, and abandoned its core values. Instead of becoming a party of new solutions, it dog whistles, holds bibles upside down, and even plays footsie with conspiracy groups like QAnon - all to make up votes they are losing from conservatives like me. 
You do you jimmy

The problem with Free speech is that it can be interpreted to allow bold outright lies. We could argue that we should allow the lying, but I would argue it's perfectly fine to tag such lies as highly disputed...the very approach facebook and such tried to use. There's a slippery slope there, and one that's been discussed from before the ink hit the paper on the Constitution. Free expression of OPINION should be 100% guaranteed. Outright, easily disproven lies? For example...Trump believes the election is stolen....a terrible, mostly disproven opinion...he should be free to express that. But when he says "Everyone knows it's been stolen. We need to fight this! The courts are bought out, the Attorney General is a traitor. My VP is a traitor"....and on and on and on...?????? Where's the line?

(The easily disproven lie in there? "EVERYONE", because clearly everyone does NOT know it was stolen. Not only do most not know, but many of his own people dont believe it, let alone KNOW it.) This is a critical distinction in how we address the free speech aspects here. Lies can and probably should have consequences

Thanks for this. The Republicans need more McCains and Romneys, and far fewer Trumps and Cruz's. 

If Romney had been the candidate in November, I would have given very serious thought to giving him my vote. I know he would have had it in 2016 against Hillary. Never liked McCain's politics, but I liked the man, and I respected him. He hated the kind of bush league crap Donald pulls regularly. I'll never forget him telling a supporter that Obama was a good American and a good man he just happened to disagree with, that he wasn't a foreign born Muslim she should hate.

I got 45 days for saying that Trump is censured 4 times more often than Democrats are on twitter because he lies 4 times as much.  I admit that I could have said it nicer though.  So don't follow my example either.
Actually, it was for posting;

"Do Trump loyalists lie more often?  Probably 5-fold. "
During a time where we'd repeatedly asked posters here to be more cool and not slam supporters from either side.

But please let's not turn this into another complain the moderating sucks thread. 

I don't post very frequently, but I enjoy reading all the discussion that this forum has to offer.

I just wanted to take the time to give this post a big thumbs up, as it captures exactly how I've felt over the last 3 years.

This is my take. Demographics are against a white majority party. Either pivot or stay in power through gerrymandering/electoral college leverage/bringing out the crazy vote. They chose the latter. It’s fun its course. Will they pivot?

The problem with Free speech is that it can be interpreted to allow bold outright lies. We could argue that we should allow the lying, but I would argue it's perfectly fine to tag such lies as highly disputed...the very approach facebook and such tried to use. There's a slippery slope there, and one that's been discussed from before the ink hit the paper on the Constitution. Free expression of OPINION should be 100% guaranteed. Outright, easily disproven lies? For example...Trump believes the election is stolen....a terrible, mostly disproven opinion...he should be free to express that. But when he says "Everyone knows it's been stolen. We need to fight this! The courts are bought out, the Attorney General is a traitor. My VP is a traitor"....and on and on and on...?????? Where's the line?

(The easily disproven lie in there? "EVERYONE", because clearly everyone does NOT know it was stolen. Not only do most not know, but many of his own people dont believe it, let alone KNOW it.) This is a critical distinction in how we address the free speech aspects here. Lies can and probably should have consequences
My new preaching line is “words mean things”.  Also, I won’t give credit to who I stole it from here :ph34r:

Actually, it was for posting;

During a time where we'd repeatedly asked posters here to be more cool and not slam supporters from either side.

But please let's not turn this into another complain the moderating sucks thread. 
I admitted that I should have said it better.  My intention was to say his inner circle (Guliani and company) but I was wrong to use Loyalist.  I wasn't complaining because I happen to agree that the post came off as inflammatory.  I even said don't follow my example.

The forum shows that Mr. Ham posted about 3 hours ago to this thread. Apparently that post is gone, yet the link to Mr. Ham's post as "most recent" is still shown at the forum level. Even refreshing the page doesn't change that. Strange.
Something happened to Mr. Ham. See post above. Uh oh.

ETA -- and post gone. 

This has gone viral on Twitter. Not sure who the presenter is here, but it’s a brilliant breakdown of the delusions that have led us to near civil war. Nine minutes worth your time.

https://twitter.com/lesdoggg/status/1350671786287927296?s=21

We cannot heal until millions of Americans “wake up.” 
Yeah, not buying it.  New user comes in and posts some over-dramatic hyperbole at it's finest and calls it "viral".  I'm sure the choir will applaud him, though.

If this what you think healing is, then we ain't ever gonna' heal.

Yeah, not buying it.  New user comes in and posts some over-dramatic hyperbole at it's finest and calls it "viral".  I'm sure the choir will applaud him, though.

If this what you think healing is, then we ain't ever gonna' heal.
Agreed, “viral” on his feed maybe as they filter out what you see based on your history. 

I predict it will be the first of many refusals: other occasions in the future that call for ex-Presidents to attend, he won’t be there. 
Which is sad.  I can't imagine a better gig than hanging out with with fellow ex-Presidents.  Steak and lobster and Big Macs for the whole table.

I certainly hope you're not joking about the Filet O'Fish.  That's a seriously good sandwich.  ;)
If i am on the road and do go fast food, the Filet O Fish is my go to.  It tastes ok as pollock has very little flavor, but it is relatively healthy compared to other options:

Takhistov and O'Donnell-Giles agree that, at around 18 grams per serving, the Filet-O-Fish is a very good source of protein. Most of that protein comes from the fish — Atlantic pollock, which O'Donnell-Giles says does have some heart-healthy omega-3 fatty acids.

Let the healing begin:  https://www.dailyposter.com/p/push-to-defund-the-insurrection-targets

I just wish the Democrats were as zealous in going after the funding of BLM/Antifa when they rioted and burned down cities, assaulted and murdered citizens and looted businesses. But, then again, they cheered that. Or, at best, were completely silent on it.

Oh well, this is going to get real ugly if they continue on their 2021 Revenge and Payback TourTM. 

I don't think this is going to go how they think it's going to go, though.

BLM/Antifa 
No matter how many times you do this I’m going to point out that there is no connection, loose or otherwise between Black Lives Matter, which is both an idea and an organized peaceful movement, and Antifa, which is a tiny group of unorganized, unaffiliated radicals who barely had any impact or presence on the summer protests. 

No matter how many times you do this I’m going to point out that there is no connection, loose or otherwise between Black Lives Matter, which is both an idea and an organized peaceful movement, and Antifa, which is a tiny group of unorganized, unaffiliated radicals who barely had any impact or presence on the summer protests. 
And no matter how many times you want to point that out, I'll be right here telling you that you're wrong, as usual.  The ties that bind them are inextricably woven too tight.  BLM is run by self-described Marxist trained leaders.  They are two peas in a pod.  Whenever BLM shows up, Antifa isn't far behind.

Apparently burning cities, murdered citizens, looted businesses aren't enough proof for you.  Amazing.

But I guess you can continue to deny all you want in your quest to defend all things left or, at best, your white guilt because that's the best I can tell why people like you continue to support these groups.

Users who are viewing this thread