What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Healing And Moving Forward - Thoughts? (1 Viewer)

Let the healing begin:  https://www.dailyposter.com/p/push-to-defund-the-insurrection-targets

I just wish the Democrats were as zealous in going after the funding of BLM/Antifa when they rioted and burned down cities, assaulted and murdered citizens and looted businesses. But, then again, they cheered that. Or, at best, were completely silent on it.

Oh well, this is going to get real ugly if they continue on their 2021 Revenge and Payback TourTM. 

I don't think this is going to go how they think it's going to go, though.
Wait, What? Pension funds are being used to support BLM and Antifa? First I have heard of that.,..

I healed a bit over the weekend -

• The pictures of Tom Brady seeking out Drew Brees were reminiscent of simpler times when Peyton Manning went looking for  Ray Lewis.
  • The pictures of Lamar Jackson handing off his bags to go sign autographs
  • My bleeding heart was warmed some seeing the 300K (or whatever the number is now) that Bill's fans raised for a charity that Lamar Jackson supported in college as a "get well" message
  • I assume there are others that aren't listed due to my media bias
Maybe some of this can spill over. 

I healed a bit over the weekend -

• The pictures of Tom Brady seeking out Drew Brees were reminiscent of simpler times when Peyton Manning went looking for  Ray Lewis.
  • The pictures of Lamar Jackson handing off his bags to go sign autographs
  • My bleeding heart was warmed some seeing the 300K (or whatever the number is now) that Bill's fans raised for a charity that Lamar Jackson supported in college as a "get well" message
  • I assume there are others that aren't listed due to my media bias
Maybe some of this can spill over. 
You were off to such a good start but can’t resist the smug comments that make others never want to relate...like clockwork in here. 

Its hilarious but all good.  :lmao:

And no matter how many times you want to point that out, I'll be right here telling you that you're wrong, as usual.  The ties that bind them are inextricably woven too tight.  BLM is run by self-described Marxist trained leaders.  They are two peas in a pod.  Whenever BLM shows up, Antifa isn't far behind.

Apparently burning cities, murdered citizens, looted businesses aren't enough proof for you.  Amazing.

But I guess you can continue to deny all you want in your quest to defend all things left or, at best, your white guilt because that's the best I can tell why people like you continue to support these groups.
:goodposting:

And no matter how many times you want to point that out, I'll be right here telling you that you're wrong, as usual.  The ties that bind them are inextricably woven too tight.  BLM is run by self-described Marxist trained leaders.  They are two peas in a pod.  Whenever BLM shows up, Antifa isn't far behind.

Apparently burning cities, murdered citizens, looted businesses aren't enough proof for you.  Amazing.

But I guess you can continue to deny all you want in your quest to defend all things left or, at best, your white guilt because that's the best I can tell why people like you continue to support these groups.
Very :goodposting:

:tebow:

BLM isn't run by anyone. And equating Antifa with Marxism is even more laughable. 

This is really offensive for anyone in the BLM movement.  As a Republican would you want someone to associate you with white supremacy, or Q-Anon, or any other fringe component of the party?  You would find it offensive if someone said that Republicans and any of the fringe elements I mentioned are 'two peas in a pod'.

I could even use your words, "Whenever Trump shows up, the white supremacists aren't too far behind".

I don't believe that, but it seems you like to use one brush to paint a group of people the way you desire to see them.

To me this is nonsensical and hate.

This is really offensive for anyone in the BLM movement.  As a Republican would you want someone to associate you with white supremacy, or Q-Anon, or any other fringe component of the party?  You would find it offensive if someone said that Republicans and any of the fringe elements I mentioned are 'two peas in a pod'.

I could even use your words, "Whenever Trump shows up, the white supremacists aren't too far behind".
You guys literally do that all day long in here.  Like, all day, every day.  Nonstop.

Last edited by a moderator:
@Ministry of Pain  wrote this in another thread: 

Agreed. 

We've quoted it a ton here but this is still essay ironically (or not) from cracked.com is one of the best illustrations of the Trump voter I've seen. I think it's spot on and I know lots of people who would fully identify with this. 

How we handle these folks will be the difference I think in how it goes forward. Although my expectation is most people won't agree.

What are your thoughts?
nice gesture but the Dems are doing another impeachment & most on here are just fine with it.  this was a protest planned weeks before Trumps comments which if read in a rational manner does not come close to inciting a riot.   whatever,  but I love the "healing & moving forward" thing!

keep coming with the hate.

perfect.

@Ministry of Pain  wrote this in another thread: 

Agreed. 

We've quoted it a ton here but this is still essay ironically (or not) from cracked.com is one of the best illustrations of the Trump voter I've seen. I think it's spot on and I know lots of people who would fully identify with this. 

How we handle these folks will be the difference I think in how it goes forward. Although my expectation is most people won't agree.

What are your thoughts?
I live in an area like this, a one stoplight town.  The biggest blow to these towns in the last 30 years has been Wal Mart coming in and dropping bombs on Main St USA.

nice gesture but the Dems are doing another impeachment & most on here are just fine with it.  this was a protest planned weeks before Trumps comments which if read in a rational manner does not come close to inciting a riot.   whatever,  but I love the "healing & moving forward" thing!

perfect.
Same as it ever was. 

perfect.
I don't hate you guys. I believe this country is broken beyond repair. Just ready to sign the divorce papers and move on without you.

perfect.
He had been making those comments for weeks though...hadn't he...long before January 6th.  So to then state...that because they were planning before then...that his comments could not have incited...does not really pass any logical muster to prove the point wrong.

Impeachment isn't hate...its a necessary action because of the words and actions of Trump while he was POTUS.

perfect.
:confused:

Trump's been saying for years that the only way he loses is if the election is rigged and that Americans can't stand for a rigged election.  I mean, he even had the election he won "investigated" because it was "rigged".  His speech just prior to the riot was more of the same, not something unique.  There are dozens of people who have been arrested for the insurrection who plan on defending themselves by saying essentially "we were there because we were following our President and attempting to keep Democracy in tact".

I tend to agree with the illustration presented in MOP's link....I believe that's what most Trump supporters are.  That doesn't mean we ignore that there's also a contingent willing to burn it all to the ground because they believe and follow Trump like he's a god.  For the law and order types it's going to be a tough sell to define "healing" as just letting crimes go unpunished.  

As far as the article goes, after Trump got elected in 2016 I was told that I have to try and understand his supporters better, and respect their concerns. And thats fine. Now after Trump has been defeated, I’m being told once again that I have to try and understand his supporters better, and respect their concerns: and that’s fine too. It’s always good to try to understand everyone better, especially those you disagree with. 
But perhaps Trump supporters might try to spend some time trying to understand the rest of us as well.
This is obtuse. You're arguing over points in contention, like anthropogenic global warming and insisting that it's a "fact." With facts like these, who needs debates. Just string 'em up if they disagree.

He had been making those comments for weeks though...hadn't he...long before January 6th.  So to then state...that because they were planning before then...that his comments could not have incited...does not really pass any logical muster to prove the point wrong.

Impeachment isn't hate...its a necessary action because of the words and actions of Trump while he was POTUS.
Tell me one thing the impeachment hearings will solve other then wasting time and further dividing..  

Tell me one thing the impeachment hearings will solve other then wasting time and further dividing..  
What will they accomplish? Nothing. No evidence will get enough republicans to vote against their own tribe unless it is politically convenient to do so. This isn't. And like the first time it's still the right thing to do. Sometimes the right decision is not the politically convenient one.

I don't believe its a waste of time to have the process play out as it should.

Solve?  If convicted, as he should be, it will ensure that the next person does not try to do the same thing Trump did.  It will ensure say...Joe Biden...doesn't complain about the rigged process for months as tensions grow...call people to come to Washington for a rally the day the vote is certified...whip them into more of a frenzy and say lets march to the Captial, lets stop the steal.  It will ensure there are consequences for that action so that those ahead know it will not be tolerated by our leaders in this country.

If seeing Trump face consequences for his actions further divides people from others...IMO...they didn't wish to come together in the first place.  They were not going to come together even if impeachment proceedings never happened at all.

There is no more "further dividing".  The damage is done.  You're either on the side of democracy and rule of law or you aren't.  Those that are on the "well, it depends who we're talking about" bit, are firmly in the NOT camp imo.  This is bigger than the parties.

I don't believe its a waste of time to have the process play out as it should.

Solve?  If convicted, as he should be, it will ensure that the next person does not try to do the same thing Trump did.  It will ensure say...Joe Biden...doesn't complain about the rigged process for months as tensions grow...call people to come to Washington for a rally the day the vote is certified...whip them into more of a frenzy and say lets march to the Captial, lets stop the steal.  It will ensure there are consequences for that action so that those ahead know it will not be tolerated by our leaders in this country.

If seeing Trump face consequences for his actions further divides people from others...IMO...they didn't wish to come together in the first place.  They were not going to come together even if impeachment proceedings never happened at all.
There is zero chance he gets convicted so the answer is it’s a waste of time.  Maybe revisit this subject after the hearings conclude then we can fully assess what it solved, if anything.  Plus we will never see another trump in our lifetime.  

There is zero chance he gets convicted so the answer is it’s a waste of time.  Maybe revisit this subject after the hearings conclude then we can fully assess what it solved, if anything.  Plus we will never see another trump in our lifetime.  
So then the waste of time becomes the fault of those who will never convict no matter what...the division as well?  Right?

I still don't believe it is a waste of time to lay out the evidence of why he deserves to be convicted...whether he is or not.

Oh...will it solve much?  Maybe...if it exposes people unwilling to listen to evidence...that can be a good thing.

We may still see the same Trump...and we already have another one in congress with the initials MTG.

So then the waste of time becomes the fault of those who will never convict no matter what...the division as well?  Right?

I still don't believe it is a waste of time to lay out the evidence of why he deserves to be convicted...whether he is or not.

Oh...will it solve much?  Maybe...if it exposes people unwilling to listen to evidence...that can be a good thing.

We may still see the same Trump...and we already have another one in congress with the initials MTG.
AOC down?

IMO, the impeachment isn't helpful. What worries me, a lot, is the fact that President Trump never conceded the election. Also, he said in advance that if he lost it was "rigged". That all triggered 1/6, and to me that's dangerous. I would trade "no impeachment" for a concession in a heartbeat and then maybe we could begin to heal and move forward. I would like to see sports rivalries overtake political rivalries, for starters. I don't want to be against my fellow Americans, I want to be united with them, even if we disagree on some policies.

IMO, the impeachment isn't helpful. What worries me, a lot, is the fact that President Trump never conceded the election. Also, he said in advance that if he lost it was "rigged". That all triggered 1/6, and to me that's dangerous. I would trade "no impeachment" for a concession in a heartbeat and then maybe we could begin to heal and move forward. I would like to see sports rivalries overtake political rivalries, for starters. I don't want to be against my fellow Americans, I want to be united with them, even if we disagree on some policies.
I agree with all of this except the first sentence. Anything that's legal that keeps him from running again is a good move.

No the waste of time is on the democrats.  Definition of insanity is trying the same thing over and over again.  Just go around that wall and work on stimulus or other pressing issues since its vitality important to get aid to the people..  right?

stlrams said:
No the waste of time is on the democrats.  Definition of insanity is trying the same thing over and over again.  Just go around that wall and work on stimulus or other pressing issues since its vitality important to get aid to the people..  right?
yea, they are trying to impeach a civilian out of office when he is not in office.  so they can impeach Clinton again?  I would imagine so.  can anyone see how stupid this all is?

stlrams said:
Seems they are also working on stimulus.  This isn't a one track thing...its not as if they are in there, that is all they do...and have not been working on stimulus.

All on democrats...yeah, that doesn't seem logical at all.  No blame on Trump, his words, his actions...Republicans refusing to hear any of it at all?  None of it on them either?  Were you that adamant about pressing issues when they just had to replace RBG quickly?

Was everyone now so up in arms about this that adamant about pressing issues that we needed to "investigate" every bogus claim of voter fraud just to make sure?  Despite any actual evidence that any occurred?

yea, they are trying to impeach a civilian out of office when he is not in office.  so they can impeach Clinton again?  I would imagine so.  can anyone see how stupid this all is?
The actions were while he was in office...the impeachment happened while he was in office.  They are not trying to impeach him right now...he has been impeached (twice).

Only 50% can apparently.  Let’s add Nixon to the impeachment proceedings to make no one ever does it again.  That’ll teach him.

The actions were while he was in office...the impeachment happened while he was in office.  They are not trying to impeach him right now...he has been impeached (twice).
so what are they doing right now if not trying to impeach him?

Seems they are also working on stimulus.  This isn't a one track thing...its not as if they are in there, that is all they do...and have not been working on stimulus.

All on democrats...yeah, that doesn't seem logical at all.  No blame on Trump, his words, his actions...Republicans refusing to hear any of it at all?  None of it on them either?  Were you that adamant about pressing issues when they just had to replace RBG quickly?

Was everyone now so up in arms about this that adamant about pressing issues that we needed to "investigate" every bogus claim of voter fraud just to make sure?  Despite any actual evidence that any occurred?
For this particular event, it’s the democrats pushing for impeachment so yes it’s all on them.  What trump did reflects on him plus he’s gone, voted out of office just let it lie and move on, if possible.  Each issue is separate and distinct so i don’t see how we link them together.  

So it’s possible to retroactively impeach someone?  Can we impeach George Washington since he had slaves?  

so what are they doing right now if not trying to impeach him?
The house impeaches.  That happened on January 13th.

He has, in fact, been impeached twice.

Both happened while he held the office of POTUS.

The Senate holds a trial to convict...which comes with certain punishments including removal from office (which obviously would be a moot point...) but also a second vote to prevent the official from holding political office again.

For this particular event, it’s the democrats pushing for impeachment so yes it’s all on them.  What trump did reflects on him plus he’s gone, voted out of office just let it lie and move on, if possible.  Each issue is separate and distinct so i don’t see how we link them together.  
Conviction...they have already impeached him (including several republicans).

I think we can compare how people react to such things...if it wasn't a waste of time for other things...why is this now the time its a waste of time...why were stimulus issues less important than a SCOTUS justice at that time...but now more important than this?

Why were following bogus theories more important than issues...but now this is not important?

I think it is important that we hold our officials to very high standards...that we ensure that we don't go through the same thing again from someone else.  That we show that nobody is above "the law".  Including POTUS.

So it’s possible to retroactively impeach someone?  Can we impeach George Washington since he had slaves?  
I don't know...but he is not being retroactively impeached.  He was impeached on January 13 while still in office.  That happened already.

He's already been impeached and that happened while in office.  Would you be opposed to bringing civilian charges against him?  Trying to understand if you're just in the process argument loop or if you think he didn't do anything worth punishing him for....TIA.

Conviction...they have already impeached him (including several republicans).

I think we can compare how people react to such things...if it wasn't a waste of time for other things...why is this now the time its a waste of time...why were stimulus issues less important than a SCOTUS justice at that time...but now more important than this?

Why were following bogus theories more important than issues...but now this is not important?

I think it is important that we hold our officials to very high standards...that we ensure that we don't go through the same thing again from someone else.  That we show that nobody is above "the law".  Including POTUS.
There was no common ground on stimulus plus the republicans wanted another conservative as scj.  So any elected official that threatens others should be punished, right?

There was no common ground on stimulus plus the republicans wanted another conservative as scj.  So any elected official that threatens others should be punished, right?
So conservatives wanting another sc justice is justifiable for putting off stimulus.  But now holding a POTUS accountable for his actions is not?

Threaten...sure. Depends on the threat and the punishment. 
Already sort of did with MTG...would you agree her posting a picture of herself holding an AR15, with images of “the squad” and a caption of Squad’s worst nightmare“ is worthy of punishment?

Users who are viewing this thread