What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Lets Add Some Guys and Drop Some Guys for Week 10 Waivers (1 Viewer)

Dobbins droppable?  Basically splitting carries with Edwards and Lamar, both of whom are more likely to carry the ball at the goal line.  Figures to only get worse when Ingram comes back.

Mike Davis, although I doubt if he was dropped.
Why Davis? I didn't follow much yesterday and he didn't do much behind CMC.

Nevermind...first I read of CMC's shoulder injury.  NUUUUUUUUTS

Last edited by a moderator:
He was a rare bell cow back while CMC was out. He was great the first few weeks, but then Samuel stole some action later. He has good hands and a burst.
I have Davis, he has been tremendous. I flipped him onto my bench during the crazy week last week and failed to put CMC in my lineup. I guess I can flip Davis back in for next week for that sack of garbage RB in Chicago.

Dobbins droppable?  Basically splitting carries with Edwards and Lamar, both of whom are more likely to carry the ball at the goal line.  Figures to only get worse when Ingram comes back.
I wouldn’t drop Dobbins yet.  Just faced one of the toughest run defenses and has a cake walk coming up. Should wait to see how things look when Ingram comes back. 

Not sure it’s worth using the top waiver on anyone this week if you don’t have to. Really want to keep that in my back pocket as we approach the playoffs

I wouldn’t drop Dobbins yet.  Just faced one of the toughest run defenses and has a cake walk coming up. Should wait to see how things look when Ingram comes back. 
It surely isn't going to get any better, right?  It's looking like a 3-headed monster at best (Dobbins, Gus, Lamar) and possibly a 4-headed monster if Ingram gets back into the mix.  What would have to happen for you to really be comfortable starting him?

2 guys I've seen dropped across a few leagues, are Raheem Mostert, and Dallas Goedert. Mostert could be back this week, and the 49ers offense should be a lot better than their COVID game showed.

Other guys I like are Duke Johnson, and Austin Hooper(especially for people needing a 1 week filler for Kelce)

Why am I holding onto Joshua Kelley in a standard league?  Sure it is 14 teams, but still .

Why am I holding onto Joshua Kelley in a standard league?  Sure it is 14 teams, but still .
14 team league myself, I held onto Kelley too long. Dropped him in last week's waiver.

He may have hot hand value, but he hasn't done much to show he deserves more of a shot. He was displaced by Ballage right away, and will likely remain the third mouth behind Jackson and Ballage. 

Kelley seems like dead weight at this point.

14 team league myself, I held onto Kelley too long. Dropped him in last week's waiver.

He may have hot hand value, but he hasn't done much to show he deserves more of a shot. He was displaced by Ballage right away, and will likely remain the third mouth behind Jackson and Ballage. 

Kelley seems like dead weight at this point.
True, and Pope is in the mix!

No dynasty ww talk in here?

I am thinking about dropping Hasty and/or K. Cole in dynasty for Nall, Ballage and/or Ahmed

Some have already mentioned Ballage as a "revenge game" vs MIA
but don't forget that Duke Johnson @CLEV is also a "revenge game" too

2 guys I've seen dropped across a few leagues, are Raheem Mostert, and Dallas Goedert. Mostert could be back this week, and the 49ers offense should be a lot better than their COVID game showed.

Other guys I like are Duke Johnson, and Austin Hooper(especially for people needing a 1 week filler for Kelce)
I don’t get the drop of Goedert. He was out hurt and then on bye. Why would you have held him just to drop him when he starts playing and their schedule eases up?

Somehow I got Duke Johnson for $1. No one else bid... I can understand Kallen Ballage because he's Kallen Ballage. But Duke? He'd be stepping into a pretty big role with little competition if David Johnson is out.

Also watch if Lamar Miller is activated, he could be in for a big role as the most complete back if David Montgomery is out.

Somehow I got Duke Johnson for $1. No one else bid... I can understand Kallen Ballage because he's Kallen Ballage. But Duke? He'd be stepping into a pretty big role with little competition if David Johnson is out.

Also watch if Lamar Miller is activated, he could be in like for a big role as the most complete back if David Montgomery is out.
Miller would be quite the gamble.  

I don’t get the drop of Goedert. He was out hurt and then on bye. Why would you have held him just to drop him when he starts playing and their schedule eases up?
Depends on the league...10 teamer with people scrambling for options (and most don't keep a 2nd TE on the roster).  I have had him and dropped him this year (did last week to cover my bye weeks/injuries)...he went unclaimed in waivers last night and I could add him right now.  Ive held off though I think I like his upside over Fant...

Depends on the league...10 teamer with people scrambling for options (and most don't keep a 2nd TE on the roster).  I have had him and dropped him this year (did last week to cover my bye weeks/injuries)...he went unclaimed in waivers last night and I could add him right now.  Ive held off though I think I like his upside over Fant...
I can definitely understand if someone couldn't hold him through his injury/bye week.  I found it odd to hold him through all of that and then drop him as he is about to play.

I can definitely understand if someone couldn't hold him through his injury/bye week.  I found it odd to hold him through all of that and then drop him as he is about to play.
I took the chance after the 1 catch return to drop him during the bye week.  Netted me some points to get through the bye...now Im deciding if I will pick him back up or not or just stick with Fant.

I wrote this in the Nostradamus thread...

Preston Williams is out for at least the next 3 weeks to a month and Ford was traded, but we have a solid name that many of us Phins have been high on for some time, and that's Jakeem Grant. Allow me to take you for a quick spin so you know what you're getting into and I'm going to point something out you should know. 

Grant is about at his career total for receptions in a season already(8 games) but here's the key, he's doing that on even less targets. His Catch % is 75% and I would assume the coaches know that and more importantly Tua is going to catch on real quick that his(Tua's) skill set matches up well with Grant. 

He tied for his most targets to date this year, 5 and that was with Williams leaving in the 1st half, I expect that number to increase some over the coming weeks, maybe a solid 6-8 targets a week. 

Now his production is not that much to write home about just yet but I feel that by the time that part hits the equation that it will be too late and the cat's out of the bag. I would grab him as last guy on the bench and see what happens with all these cream puffs the Phins have over the next month. Very soft schedule and they don't run the ball very well right now.

Sarlakticacid said:
Has there been any good revenge games this year? Last year was full of them
Le'Veon Bell didn't exactly have one a few weeks ago despite a favorable script to do so. I think those revenge games are often overblown - it means a lot to the player no doubt, but the coaches are just trying to win.

I really like Reagor. Philly offense really missing speed on the outside, they need that juice so wentz can work the middle and intermediate part of the field. Shouldn’t have to deal with the proverbial rookie wall after missing games as rookie wrs tend to fade. The time to grab him is probably now..

Miami did trade for DeAndre Washington before the trade deadline. He was always in competition in Oakland but what i found interesting is he did have a couple seasons where he had quite a few catches for a back up and I think Miami might be bringing him in for the 2nd half of the season to give Tua something to use out of the back field, just my guess but you could see something there and right now I doubt anyone is looking real hard at him. under the radar, perhaps a week ahead...I've been lucky to grab flavors of the week before they had a decent game like DeeJay Dallas and who's stock is likely dropping as I type his name but we've seen a few of these, Hasty, Perine, Wilson, and here's another plus Gaskin is on the mend for a while, they cannot seem to make it work with Breida or Howard, why would they trade for Washington? I think he might be involved more than some might think. 

Yeah, picked up D Washington in two dynasty leagues just to see what MIA plans for him. I always thought he looked good on the field when he was with OAK, but couldn't seem to separate himself from the pack. Be interested to see if he can do anything in Miami. 

Ministry of Pain said:
I wrote this in the Nostradamus thread...

Preston Williams is out for at least the next 3 weeks to a month and Ford was traded, but we have a solid name that many of us Phins have been high on for some time, and that's Jakeem Grant. Allow me to take you for a quick spin so you know what you're getting into and I'm going to point something out you should know. 

Grant is about at his career total for receptions in a season already(8 games) but here's the key, he's doing that on even less targets. His Catch % is 75% and I would assume the coaches know that and more importantly Tua is going to catch on real quick that his(Tua's) skill set matches up well with Grant. 

He tied for his most targets to date this year, 5 and that was with Williams leaving in the 1st half, I expect that number to increase some over the coming weeks, maybe a solid 6-8 targets a week. 

Now his production is not that much to write home about just yet but I feel that by the time that part hits the equation that it will be too late and the cat's out of the bag. I would grab him as last guy on the bench and see what happens with all these cream puffs the Phins have over the next month. Very soft schedule and they don't run the ball very well right now.
Been rooting for this kid since he was a rookie. Just seemed like he never got his chance but you follow the team pretty closely so maybe he hasn't earned it? Just seems like someone you want to get the ball to and a threat to score from anywhere.

Dynasty I rolled the dice on Perry after the Ford trade but agree that Grant should provide the more immediate production. Give the kid a shot!

Users who are viewing this thread