Jump to content
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Will you get a Covid vaccine when available?


Covid vaccine  

429 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Recommended Posts

  • Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I'm finally eligible Thursday and snagged an appointment for 9:36 a.m. that morning for a Moderna shot #1.  At the place I'm going, they are scheduled every six minutes!  Sigh of relief that the end o

Sounds like my wife on our honeymoon 

So I was conducting a job interview today.  I flat out asked if they had been able to schedule their vaccine.  The response was that they weren't because they didn't want to alter their DNA.  I was le

I'll review the data from the trial.  If Door A is risk of getting Covid and knowing what happens there and Door B is the risk of unknown side effects that weren't observed in a 40K trial, but probably going back to normal life, I'm going with Door B as soon as available (assuming that the safety and efficacy are there as reported to date). 

  • Like 5
Link to post
Share on other sites

Very unsure, so voted "unsure / no".  My stance will likely change a bit after reading more and seeing positive results.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Depends on the vaccine.

mRNA/DNA-based, sure, I'd get it as soon as the FDA clears it. It's not the virus, it's just a sample of its genetic fingerprint being given to my immune system to fight.

Weakened virus-based? Yeah, I'll wait a bit and see how it goes. I'd want to make sure it was weakened enough and doesn't lead to further spikes.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, JShare87 said:

I really don’t like putting anything unnatural in my body, but I’ll do what I’m told. 

Seems like a weird stance, shouldn’t it matter what it does? There are a lot of natural things you wouldn’t want in your body. 

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites

Never had a Flu shot, don't plan on getting a covid shot.  If a vaccine is required to go anywhere, I will just stay home.

 

ETA: Didn't answer the poll because you didn't have a plain no option.

Edited by snellman
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Probably, but like others, I won't run out and get it the instant it is available, unless I get COVID between now and then and it kicks my ### and makes me desperate for it right away.  Otherwise, I will take the wait and see approach at first to see how the early testers react to it. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

You won't be able to get it when it's first available even if you wanted to. First responders and healthcare workers will be the Guinea pigs

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Capella said:

For sure, assuming safety is proven. Can’t wait, actually. Wish I could get it tomorrow and get on with it. 

I don't think is possible with how quickly this vaccine was produced.  We have no way of knowing it's long term effects.  With that being said I'll be in the 2nd wave.  Like many others, have covid fatigue bad and just want to get on with life as normal.  I'll risk it with the vaccine if it means I can get back to parties, ballgames, concerts, etc more quickly. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

My 2 cents....
  I'm retired military with years of inoculations in my past....also been getting the flu shots annually since 1985- never had any side effects  or reactions.  Gonna cowboy up and go get the MFer ASAP!!

  • Like 5
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Maggot Brain said:

My 2 cents....
  I'm retired military with years of inoculations in my past....also been getting the flu shots annually since 1985- never had any side effects  or reactions.  Gonna cowboy up and go get the MFer ASAP!!

Thank you, Maggot Brain 

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Without a doubt, on my part.  Always get my flu shot as well.

Not just for my benefit, but for the benefit of those around me.  Sometimes you need to do things for the common good and not just make a decision based on your personal circumstance.

Although in this case, both reasons for getting vaccinated are aligned (for me).

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Pipes said:

I don't think is possible with how quickly this vaccine was produced.  We have no way of knowing it's long term effects.  With that being said I'll be in the 2nd wave.  Like many others, have covid fatigue bad and just want to get on with life as normal.  I'll risk it with the vaccine if it means I can get back to parties, ballgames, concerts, etc more quickly. 

Isn't this a somewhat equivalent risk?  Getting an unproven vaccine that you don't really know the side affects etc or going out without the vaccine and risking catching a virus that may or may not kill you?   Seems like you would just be trading one risk for another.  

Link to post
Share on other sites

Wife will probably be among the first to have to decide (extremely high risk and healthcare worker), but I don’t know yet. Realistically, I will do whatever she wants. 

We are worried about the fast tracking and lack of data, but probably more worried that her body can’t fight off Covid so leaning yes. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
49 minutes ago, Gally said:

Isn't this a somewhat equivalent risk?  Getting an unproven vaccine that you don't really know the side affects etc or going out without the vaccine and risking catching a virus that may or may not kill you?   Seems like you would just be trading one risk for another.  

Maybe.  I just want to get back to normal or as close to as normal as possible.  I'm just ####### burned out on this and really don't care anymore.  At least if i get vaccinated I'm just potentially harming myself as opposed to not getting the vaccination and taking the chance at becoming a major spreader. 

  • Thanks 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, NutterButter said:

Probably just time to see about longer term side effects.   So maybe in a year or two if nothing serious comes about, I'd be up for it.   

That's certainly your prerogative, but way beyond scientific standards accepted for vaccines and medications. Are there any side effects in particular which concern you?

Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, Terminalxylem said:

That's certainly your prerogative, but way beyond scientific standards accepted for vaccines and medications. Are there any side effects in particular which concern you?

Just whether any form of autoimmune disorders occur.   Considering that a multitude of other people either due to their profession or due to their poor health will qualify for a vaccine prior to me, I'll gladly wait.   They can have it and benefit from the protection it offers that they more urgently need and I can get a little more peace of mind if nothing unanticipated comes about.  

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Pipes said:

Maybe.  I just want to get back to normal or as close to as normal as possible.  I'm just ####### burned out on this and really don't care anymore.  At least if i get vaccinated I'm just potentially harming myself as opposed to not getting the vaccination and taking the chance at becoming a major spreader. 

Can't you avoid that by taking the necessary precautions (washing hands, wearing mask, staying six feet away, and not going into large gatherings)?   

 

I am mostly sick of the illogical recommendation and implementation of precautions that seem to be contradictory all over the place.    I think doing the things in my previous sentence seems to make sense and agreed by most everyone.  If everyone did those things I think the spread would be slower and life could get back to some semblance of normal.    

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Terminalxylem said:

That's certainly your prerogative, but way beyond scientific standards accepted for vaccines and medications. Are there any side effects in particular which concern you?

The misinformation campaign that gets spread around Facebook to the easily manipulated about this is going to be insane and sickening. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, East Coast Bias said:

I’ll get it day one it’s available. I’m fine being part of the test. 

Same here.  I've been reading a lot on the side effects of what's been reported so far.  Right now completely comfortable with the big ones.

After the shot - no mask, no issues getting on a plane, international travel without issues, etc.

Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, Kao-Lin said:

Same here.  I've been reading a lot on the side effects of what's been reported so far.  Right now completely comfortable with the big ones.

After the shot - no mask, no issues getting on a plane, international travel without issues, etc.

What side effects are being reported? I admittedly have not been keeping up on the recent reports. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Ghost Rider said:

What side effects are being reported? I admittedly have not been keeping up on the recent reports. 

So far, not much.  They seem to be in line with a typical flu shot - many folks get chills, maybe low grade fever, etc. 

You'd think from the anti-vax folks these are going to be the next thalidomide.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Kao-Lin said:

So far, not much.  They seem to be in line with a typical flu shot - many folks get chills, maybe low grade fever, etc. 

You'd think from the anti-vax folks these are going to be the next thalidomide.

Okay, cool. Thanks for the reply. Those sound like easy side effects with which to deal, all things considered. Let's hope it works and is available sooner rather than later. :hifive:

Edited by Ghost Rider
Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Gally said:

Can't you avoid that by taking the necessary precautions (washing hands, wearing mask, staying six feet away, and not going into large gatherings)?   

 

I am mostly sick of the illogical recommendation and implementation of precautions that seem to be contradictory all over the place.    I think doing the things in my previous sentence seems to make sense and agreed by most everyone.  If everyone did those things I think the spread would be slower and life could get back to some semblance of normal.    

I have been doing all that but many are not and the numbers keep going up. That’s the part I’m getting burned out on.  I want to get back to socializing with different groups of people so hence can’t wait for a vaccine.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.


×
×
  • Create New...