Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Will you get a Covid vaccine when available?

Covid vaccine  

415 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I got Pfizer shot #2 yesterday afternoon; felt fine the rest of the day. But have a mild headache today, chills, shoulder soreness and a bit tired. The chills is the most annoying of the 4.

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I'm finally eligible Thursday and snagged an appointment for 9:36 a.m. that morning for a Moderna shot #1.  At the place I'm going, they are scheduled every six minutes!  Sigh of relief that the end o

Sounds like my wife on our honeymoon 

My sister texted me today asking what vaccine I had, and then told me she made an appointment for Friday to get her Phizer.  Told me she prayed for a month, guess I’m glad the big man told her to not

4 hours ago, FairWarning said:

I'm about to throw in the towel in on this endever.  So frustrating to sign up only to find out I'm not qualified, now find out there is a 5 week wait for it.  Screw it.  

I know how you feel. It's tough to get that appointment. Don't give up though.  Even if you have to wait 5 weeks, sign up and stay safe in the meanwhile. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Love 1

So about 90 hours later effects (which was just sore arm) gone w/o taking anything for the pain.  Shingles shot was worse for me.  Based on the pattern in the thread a should expect a rough April 8th and 9th.

-QG

Got the 1st Moderna shot on Saturday at 10am. Felt fine on Saturday and most of Sunday. By Sunday night (8pm), my arm started hurting really bad and I then I started to feel like crap. Feel better this am, but didn't expect the delayed reaction. Thought I was in the clear when waking up on Sunday.

Anyone experience this delayed response (like 40 hrs later)?

I got the Janssen shot last Wednesday. I had some tenderness in the shoulder and a mild fever for a day or so. Didn't sleep well the first night, and generally felt sluggish through the weekend. Not so bad I guess.

On 11/10/2020 at 9:20 PM, Jayrod said:

Isn't this the plot for World War Z and I Am Legend?

:unsure:

Just kidding.  I'll get it once it comes out.

Just received Pfizer #1.  My wife is a teacher and I got on the "no vaccines go to waste" list and they messaged me this afternoon.

Set to get #2 in April.

• Like 8

Central Florida area.  50 yr old male.  No complications and not an essential worker.

Signed up on county website ~Jan 15.

Received offer to get vax last week via email, had to accept within 24 hours or lose time slot, accepted for 3/24 as offered.

Moderna will be the dosage.  Will report back with results after both doses.

• Like 2

Wife is getting the 1st Pfizer shot tomorrow.  This should ease her worrying and allow her to go back to worrying about stupid mundane stuff that doesn't make a bit of difference and can't be fixed.  

• Like 3
  • Love 1
  • Laughing 8
  • Thinking 1
On 3/21/2021 at 1:51 PM, ffjunk said:

Make sure you have ibuprofen and Tylenol and alternate them every couple hours if you can take them. Start about 6 hrs after your shot. One can be a cold and flu med. The good thing is the flu feeling leaves as fast as it comes on. 

Hadn't heard about alternating meds before. 

I have Hydrocodone left over from a surgery and was just going to take that a few hours after my 2nd shot tomorrow.

Is it true we shouldn't be taking anything before these shots?

22 minutes ago, Rodrigo Duterte said:

I have Hydrocodone left over from a surgery and was just going to take that a few hours after my 2nd shot tomorrow.

You should not take ANY pain medication unless you need it. Don't make a "plan" on when to start. If you have pain and need it, then take. Otherwise, don't. It will only lessen the effectiveness of the vaccine.

And no, you should NOT take anything prior for the reason just stated. Taking a pain med BEFORE your shot can definitely inhibit the effectiveness of the vaccine.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Love 1
37 minutes ago, Rodrigo Duterte said:

Correct -- no OTC or prescription pain medicines taking prophylactically. EDIT: DallasDMac is right on.

[notprofessionalmedicaladvice]

Are your pills pure hydrocodone or a hydrocodone combination? Common common combinations are acetaminophen/hydrocodone (Lorcet, Vicodin, etc.) and ibuprofen/hydrocodone (Vicoprofen, etc.).

Some medical providers recommend against taking OTC NSAIDs (e.g. ibuprofen, naproxen sodium) after getting vaccination. Hydrocodone is an opioid and acetaminophin is not an NSAID, so Lorcet and Vicodin might be OKed after the vaccine. If you ask the person administering your vaccine, you may be told that, since ibuprofen is an NSAID, the ibuprofen/hydrocodone combo should be avoided until vaccine aftereffects subside.

[/notprofessionalmedicaladvice]

The CDC published some equivocal guidance on the matter in February (see below) -- but again, if you ask your doctor or the person giving you the vaccine, you may get a more definitive recommendation against post-vaccine NSAID use. Quoth the CDC last month:

For all currently authorized COVID-19 vaccines, antipyretic or analgesic medications (e.g., acetaminophen, non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs) can be taken for the treatment of post-vaccination local or systemic symptoms, if medically appropriate. However, routine prophylactic administration of these medications for the purpose of preventing post-vaccination symptoms is not currently recommended, because information on the impact of such use on COVID-19 vaccine-induced antibody responses is not yet available.

Edited by Doug B
  • Thanks 2

Got an email that AZ is opening up to scheduling 16 and up on Wednesday. Will get my 16 year old.an appointment as soon as possible. Then just have the 11 year old who will be 12 in May. Hoping they make available for 12 and up before school starts back up end of July but that seems overly optimistic.

11 minutes ago, Doug B said:

Correct -- no OTC pain medicines taking prophylactically.

[notprofessionalmedicaladvice]

Are your pills pure hydrocodone or a hydrocodone combination?

26 minutes ago, DallasDMac said:

You should not take ANY pain medication unless you need it. Don't make a "plan" on when to start. If you have pain and need it, then take. Otherwise, don't. It will only lessen the effectiveness of the vaccine.

And no, you should NOT take anything prior for the reason just stated. Taking a pain med BEFORE your shot can definitely inhibit the effectiveness of the vaccine.

It says hydrocodone-acetamin 5-325 MG. Also says it's generic for norco.

And yes, I have pain but I can hold off until night and then go light.  Like 2 of them?

14 minutes ago, identikit said:

@Doug B

Should  I skip my HBP meds that morning of the vaccine?

[notyourdoctor]

My wife was instructed to keep taking her HBP medications before her vaccination and continue taking them as normal in the days afterward. Her HBP medications don't interfere with immune response.

[/notyourdoctor]

• Thanks 2
26 minutes ago, Doug B said:

[notyourdoctor]

My wife was instructed to keep taking her HBP medications before her vaccination and continue taking them as normal in the days afterward. Her HBP medications don't interfere with immune response.

[/notyourdoctor]

I took my HPB meds the morning of my shot.  Never considered not taking them or asking if I should.

• Like 1
6 hours ago, Judge Smails said:

Talked to my friend who moved to Idaho.  Man, the "I don't trust the government/vaccines" faction is alive.  I don't get it.

I won't make this political but in many instances the answer to your questions is either political, general disdain for government (for example many minorities don't trust the government and in some/many cases with good reasons).  It's tough when an entity that is known for being unhelpful, inept and a roadblock to advancement is put in charge of the pandemic and vaccine distribution.  To be fair - I think we've done a mostly good job once the vaccine was approved but I totally get why some folks are not trusting.  I don't think that should persuade them not to get the vaccine and right now we should have every leader in the country pushing folks to get it - government, business, celebrities, everyone who has a voice that will resonate with people should help us get people to go get the shots.

16 minutes ago, fatguyinalittlecoat said:

How long was it between the time you registered and when the appointment is?

I registered and then they texted me within 20 mins to schedule.  The available appointment was 2 days later.

I used the Baltimore Convention Center site: https://www.umms.org/coronavirus/covid-vaccine/get-vaccine/baltimore-convention-center-vaccine

• Thanks 1
1 hour ago, fatguyinalittlecoat said:

How long was it between the time you registered and when the appointment is?

My wife and I both got appointments within a day of using this link 

https://survey123.arcgis.com/share/c268c6f40463480baae69154b7845ffd

Don’t know if it’s a Baltimore County thing or what but it was amazing. I think registration expands to 60+ today so maybe supply will tighten up

Good luck!

• Thanks 1

Got the 1st dose of Pfizer yesterday, wife is getting hers as we speak.  Arm is  sore.

CA is opening up more slots. Make sure you fill out all the info on whatever app, or method of scheduling your state is using.  Not sure if it’s related, but the wife and I hadn’t filled out one question.  Did so, and had an appointment 30 minutes later. 

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, DA RAIDERS said:

Got the 1st dose of Pfizer yesterday, wife is getting hers as we speak.  Arm is  sore.

CA is opening up more slots. Make sure you fill out all the info on whatever app, or method of scheduling your state is using.  Not sure if it’s related, but the wife and I hadn’t filled out one question.  Did so, and had an appointment 30 minutes later. 

I had a somewhat different experience.  When I signed up they sent me two .pdf's to read and complete.  I took the time to read them, print, and fill all the information.  Then when I showed up (at a local hospital satellite facility), they asked me all the same questions because they needed the triage information in the computer system and I just had to keep my papers and bring them home to shred.  :shrug:

Wife had hers yesterday (Pfizer), said this morning that her arm felt like someone hit it with a sledgehammer. No other side effects.

After I put my sledgehammer back  in the basement, I was able to get scheduled for mine in about 3 weeks, since NY just made 50+ year old geezers like myself eligible. 

• Like 5
  • Laughing 3
  • Thinking 1
9 minutes ago, Poke_4_Life said:

I had a somewhat different experience.  When I signed up they sent me two .pdf's to read and complete.  I took the time to read them, print, and fill all the information.  Then when I showed up (at a local hospital satellite facility), they asked me all the same questions because they needed the triage information in the computer system and I just had to keep my papers and bring them home to shred.  :shrug:

Yeah..everywhere is different. CA is all electronic. QR codes, etc. honestly, it was really easy, once they opened up tier 1b.  

Local clinic called me randomly to ask if I wanted the shot.  Not sure if it was because I registered on the state's website.  Shot scheduled for 11 AM tomorrow.  :pickle:

Governor came out yesterday and said there could be legal repercussions for organizations giving shots "out of order".  :sadbanana:

Edited by WDIK2
  • Like 2
1 hour ago, WDIK2 said:

Governor came out yesterday and said there could be legal repercussions for organizations giving shots "out of order".  :sadbanana:

Lame. Let's focus on getting shots in arms. The governor and state should work on reaching every senior possible. 

• Like 3
2 hours ago, WDIK2 said:

Local clinic called me randomly to ask if I wanted the shot.  Not sure if it was because I registered on the state's website.  Shot scheduled for 11 AM tomorrow.  :pickle:

Gave you a like for getting a vaccine appointment.

Wanted to give a dislike to your ####### governor.

• Thanks 1
2 hours ago, WDIK2 said:

Governor came out yesterday and said there could be legal repercussions for organizations giving shots "out of order":sadbanana:

This is totally idiotic unless it's a situation where people are letting their family and friends "jump the line".

• Like 1

TX will vaccinate any adult starting Monday.  AZ around the same.

As many anticipated, we are quickly moving from "vaccine shortage" to "willing arm shortage".

34 minutes ago, Zasada said:

As many anticipated, we are quickly moving from "vaccine shortage" to "willing arm shortage".

One thing I haven’t heard is whether these states where there may be a surplus will start sending vaccines to other states or allowing out of state folks to get vaccinated.  

6 minutes ago, AAABatteries said:

One thing I haven’t heard is whether these states where there may be a surplus will start sending vaccines to other states or allowing out of state folks to get vaccinated.  

In one of the threads somewhere @Biff84explained that it will happen automatically because the federal government sends out vaccines based on how much of the previous batch were used.

• Like 1
1 minute ago, belljr said:

So I guess the million-dollar question is are people refusing the vaccine that's why they're opening it up ?

I think it's a combination of working out the initial kinks in the distribution system and getting most of the people that want it in the high risk groups vaccinated.  Saw something the other day that 50% of men identifying as republican don't want any vaccine.  That's a big chunk of eligible boomers who aren't using any of the available inventory.   If a state's usage goes down, the feds redistribute, so they may as well open it up and distribute it to those that want it.   

So my friend’s dad has leukemia. He was fully vaccinated two months or so ago.  He has zero antibodies. His doctor said that this has been the case for all of his leukemia patients to date. 

this is why everyone who can get a vaccine needs to. 

51 minutes ago, Leeroy Jenkins said:

So my friend’s dad has leukemia. He was fully vaccinated two months or so ago.  He has zero antibodies. His doctor said that this has been the case for all of his leukemia patients to date. 

this is why everyone who can get a vaccine needs to. 

Im not saying this is not important but its my understanding after a vaccine no one is guranteed to test positive for antibodies

Unless things changed - the vaccine gives you antibodies to the spike protein but many tests dont test that 

Per cdc

Antibody testing is not currently recommended to assess for immunity to COVID-19 following COVID-19 vaccination or to assess the need for vaccination in an unvaccinated person. Since vaccines induce antibodies to specific viral protein targets, post-vaccination serologic test results will be negative in persons without history of previous natural infection if the test used does not detect antibodies induced by the vaccine.

Edited by belljr
On 3/21/2021 at 5:45 PM, Corporation said:

I think for this you are only supposed to take Tylenol (acetaminophen), that's what the doctors told my dad (he's 76 and had no issues from either shot).

You can take ibuprofen, but like others have said do not take it before.  Edit to say always consult your Dr first. 

Edited by ffjunk
15 hours ago, AAABatteries said:

It's a long story, but my wife got vaccinated in TX with a Canadian driver's license, no questions asked.

Sample size of one, but I bet anyone could come here and get jabbed if they are willing.

• Like 1
16 hours ago, Zasada said:

Oklahoma starts Friday.  Very much a lack of willing arms here.  Damn it all.  

Got Pfizer 1st dose Monday at noon. Arm got increasingly sore thru 24 hours to the point it was hard to lift things off a high shelf

Woke up this morning and it’s like the jab never happened