Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Will you get a Covid vaccine when available?

Covid vaccine  

415 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

16 minutes ago, MTskibum said:
1 hour ago, culdeus said:

Expected to cross 20% of Texans with full shots by Easter.  LFG

Looking For Group?

Had to look that up, too -- first time ever seeing that abbreviation.

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I'm finally eligible Thursday and snagged an appointment for 9:36 a.m. that morning for a Moderna shot #1.  At the place I'm going, they are scheduled every six minutes!  Sigh of relief that the end o

Sounds like my wife on our honeymoon 

My sister texted me today asking what vaccine I had, and then told me she made an appointment for Friday to get her Phizer.  Told me she prayed for a month, guess I’m glad the big man told her to not

For those in the DMV, apparently the six flags in Landover, MD seems the way to go. You don’t even have to get out of your car and will administer the shot to everyone in the car without question. 

After the first few days of serious line cutting and fighting, the National Guard is out in full force keeping the DB line cutters in check. (We have the worst, most inconsiderate, selfish drivers on earth here.)

We are signing up. 

Edited by STEADYMOBBIN 22
  • Like 2
On 3/30/2021 at 4:27 PM, moleculo said:

Pfizer #2 is now coursing through my veins, killing stray COVID virus as it goes.

Fellas, it's a new day!

I've had the Pfizer #2 flushing through my system for almost 48 hours now.  Side effects:

• sore arm for the first 24 hours, almost completely gone.
  • a very strange feeling of optimism and happiness, as if I can get back to life again.
  • difficulty sleeping last night, probably unrelated.
  • increased appetite, but that may be because it's getting close to lunch time.
  • Like 1
  • Laughing 1

Upthread there's been some discussion about how many healthcare workers aren't willing to get the vaccine. I stumbled over this bit in a local article titled "The city's strategy for vaccinating New Orleans' most vulnerable? Knocking on their doors" (3/22/2021):

At Ochsner Health System, which has about 32,000 employees in Louisiana, vaccine acceptance is at 56.3%, [among employees] according to a hospital representative.

That number hasn’t moved much since early January, when Chief Medical Officer Dr. Robert Hart said about half of employees had opted to take it

“I’ve been worried about us not getting above 50% for a while,” said [Susan Hassig, an epidemiologist at Tulane University]. “There’s this phenomenon in public health — there are early adopters and there are people that are really hard to get to.”

Also this from the same article:

On average, it takes public health campaigns 13 interactions to prompt people to take action, said Hassig. The workers who knocked on doors in the Hoffman Triangle may need to go back again for another conversation. If someone is still hesitant, they may also need to hear from their pastor, doctor or neighbor.

“That’s probably going to be an effort that needs to be sustained,” said Hassig. “It’s not a one-time interaction.”

Edited by Doug B
6 minutes ago, STEADYMOBBIN 22 said:

After the first few days of serious line cutting and fighting, the National Guard is out in full force keeping the DB line cutters in check. (We have the worst, most inconsiderate, selfish drivers on earth here.)

New Orleans, Houston, and Atlanta drivers: "Hold our beers!" :D

(JK ... the DC area is also a giant terrible-drivers legend)

• Laughing 1
10 minutes ago, dkp993 said:

2nd Moderna happening in 2 hrs.  Calendar cleared for this afternoon and tomorrow just in case. 

Omg me too!!!! 

• Like 2

@Osaurus Wife and I both got Pfizer #1 this morning at Ed Radice...smooth as silk...got there and saw a line of roughly 50 cars and feared a long morning, but we arrived at 9:30 for a 9:45 and 10:15 appt...we both stuck by 9:45 and gone by 10:05.  In a light rain part of the time.  Really great operation.

• Like 6

Looking every day for appointments here in MN, Wal Mart, Hy Vee, CVS, etc. Does anyone know if they “restock” appointments at a certain time of day or if it’s random? I just don’t know if there’s a best time to look. 

27 minutes ago, Joe Mammy said:

Had my 2nd Moderna jab last night. Today a very sore arm and a sore throat. 

But I feel liberated to go back out into the world!

Sore throat is not a listed side effect

20 minutes ago, belljr said:

See you boys on the other side..  

sitting in the post shot waiting area at a former  Sears that the state is using.  100’s of people here.  

• Like 2

Got my 1st Pfizer shot yesterday.  I had a slight headache last night, but overall, just mostly a sore arm.  Prince William County, VA was doing their vaccinations at a vacant Gander Mountain space and I was in and out within 30 minutes.  Very well run and organized!

• Like 1
40 minutes ago, dkp993 said:

sitting in the post shot waiting area at a former  Sears that the state is using.  100’s of people here.  

Only 3 people here.......I'm in a super market

13 minutes ago, belljr said:

Only 3 people here.......I'm in a super market

The lady who gave me my shot said they will do 5000 shots today at that location. Nuts, and awesome. 

• Like 1
1 hour ago, 3 hour lunch said:

Looking every day for appointments here in MN, Wal Mart, Hy Vee, CVS, etc. Does anyone know if they “restock” appointments at a certain time of day or if it’s random? I just don’t know if there’s a best time to look. 

CVS seems to reset at midnight ET. 

1 hour ago, dkp993 said:

I waited a little less than 10 mins and then decided the walk to my car would probably be another 5, so got up to leave.  As soon as I started walking away I hear "Sir.....sir!" and thought I was about to get sat back down and lectured, so I was deciding if I should ignore it and keep walking, or turn around.  I turned around, and the lady that was sitting behind me was holding my driver's license that fell out of my pocket.  I thanked her and was free for my escape....  🤣

• Laughing 2
3 hours ago, 3 hour lunch said:

FWIW, not a reply to your question but you might look outside the metro if you have a few hours to do it. Wife/I just returned from a vax event in Cass County (Walker) that still had openings as of 1:30 when we got there. 8 or so nurses ready to dispense and 5 registrants in the room when we were there (only one of the nurses gave a shot while we were in the 15 minute post-shot wait area). Rural areas baffle me, but I’m not complaining going from F5 fatigue in the metro to registered/1st shot complete over a 24 hour period. Think they have another next week, displayed on the MN vax finder site.

• Thanks 1
26 minutes ago, BigJim® said:

FWIW, not a reply to your question but you might look outside the metro if you have a few hours to do it. Wife/I just returned from a vax event in Cass County (Walker) that still had openings as of 1:30 when we got there. 8 or so nurses ready to dispense and 5 registrants in the room when we were there (only one of the nurses gave a shot while we were in the 15 minute post-shot wait area). Rural areas baffle me, but I’m not complaining going from F5 fatigue in the metro to registered/1st shot complete over a 24 hour period. Think they have another next week, displayed on the MN vax finder site.

Did you sign up for the vaccine connector and they contacted you? I think I found the website you are referring to but I don’t see how to make an appt 

Did you sign up for the vaccine connector and they contacted you? I think I found the website you are referring to but I don’t see how to make an appt 

No. We signed up for it but had not heard anything. Also had not received anything from my primary physician after signing up for my mychart. We just decided not to continue sitting on our hands patiently waiting for those managing lists to get around to us, while other eligibles were being more proactive (and increasing our wait). What we did was go to the vax connection site, went to find vax locations, entered 56484, and cass county popped as the 1st choice. Clicking it’s web link, it brought up the event they had today, and a link to register for it.

After the experience today, seeing idle nurses waiting for folks to show up, I really feel like most in MN can find a distribution event like we did on the MN vax finder page using zip codes 1-2 hours out of the metro.

Edited by BigJim®
13 minutes ago, belljr said:

Arm starting to really hurt

Got my first Moderna at 11:30 am yesterday.   Around 7 pm my arm started to hurt.   Lasted until about 11 pm.   

4 minutes ago, -fish- said:

Got my first Moderna at 11:30 am yesterday.   Around 7 pm my arm started to hurt.   Lasted until about 11 pm.   

#1 hurt for a couple days.  #2 really sore

1 hour ago, BigJim® said:

No. We signed up for it but had not heard anything. Also had not received anything from my primary physician after signing up for my mychart. We just decided not to continue sitting on our hands patiently waiting for those managing lists to get around to us, while other eligibles were being more proactive (and increasing our wait). What we did was go to the vax connection site, went to find vax locations, entered 56484, and cass county popped as the 1st choice. Clicking it’s web link, it brought up the event they had today, and a link to register for it.

After the experience today, seeing idle nurses waiting for folks to show up, I really feel like most in MN can find a distribution event like we did on the MN vax finder page using zip codes 1-2 hours out of the metro.

Thanks! Signed up for 2 weeks from today in Cass county. Do they schedule your 2nd dose today?

for those of you, that have had the 2nd Pfizer dose, do you think 46 hours is enough recovery time, to travel?

contemplating moving the wife's shot up 24 hours.  if possible.

We got ours at Cardinals Stadium this morning, Pfizer #1. I don’t feel anything, her arm is a little sore. It’s been 10 hours for me, 12 for her. 

Have to say they were a well oiled machine down there.

• Like 1
22 minutes ago, DA RAIDERS said:

for those of you, that have had the 2nd Pfizer dose, do you think 46 hours is enough recovery time, to travel?

10 hours ago, moleculo said:

I've had the Pfizer #2 flushing through my system for almost 48 hours now.  Side effects:

• sore arm for the first 24 hours, almost completely gone.
  • a very strange feeling of optimism and happiness, as if I can get back to life again.
  • difficulty sleeping last night, probably unrelated.
  • increased appetite, but that may be because it's getting close to lunch time.

• Thanks 1
24 minutes ago, DA RAIDERS said:

I had a slight elevated temp 25 hours after dose 2, and a bruise around the injection site. That was it. No extreme fatigue or soreness.

My totally uneducated guess would be if she is 24 hours out and feeling ok, she probably isn’t going to get a bad reaction.

• Thanks 1
8 minutes ago, FairWarning said:

When can I take stuff like advil after the shot?  

They recommend tylenol if you are having bad side effects

Thanks! Signed up for 2 weeks from today in Cass county. Do they schedule your 2nd dose today?

Nope, advised to register for the event on April 29th as a 2nd. 

2 hours ago, McBokonon said:

We got ours at Cardinals Stadium this morning, Pfizer #1. I don’t feel anything, her arm is a little sore. It’s been 10 hours for me, 12 for her. 

Same experience in central IL.  Very efficient.  We arrived 20 min early and got the shot right away.  Waited 10 min for side effects and then left.   Mild arm soreness 9 hours later, feel slightly “off” but no real symptoms.  Mrs APK feels similarly.

• Like 1
9 hours ago, Alex P Keaton said:

Mrs APK and I both got shot #1 of Pfizer a half hour ago.   Drove 3 hours to central IL to get it.  Well worth the drive.

Like Peoria central IL or Rantoul central IL?

4 hours ago, belljr said:

#1 hurt for a couple days.  #2 really sore

I am not going to get suspended tonight. 

I am not going to get suspended tonight

I am not going to get suspended tonight

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Laughing 7
3 hours ago, McBokonon said:

Getting Moderna Monday at a pediatric clinic

On 3/31/2021 at 10:39 PM, Desert_Power said:

Finally getting my first one tomorrow. Not sure which two dose it is, not sure it matters :shrug:

Ended up with Moderna. We've had a good bit of arm pain. I always have some when I get the flu vaccine though. Just glad to make a step back towards normalcy.

• Like 3

Slept pretty well last night, no fever or chills that I know of.   I'm 17hours post second shot.   Arm really sore but so far so good.   Maybe a little tired

Arm soreness after Pfizer shot 1 lasted maybe a little more than a day for me. Mrs. O said she had none and that I’m soft. :lol:

Edited by Osaurus
  • Laughing 3