What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Will you get a Covid vaccine when available? (4 Viewers)

Will you get a Covid vaccine when available?

• Yes, as soon as it comes out

Votes: 236 55.4%
  • Yes, but not for a while until some time passes

Votes: 93 21.8%
  • No, I don't think it will be safe

Votes: 19 4.5%
  • No, I don't think it will be effective

Votes: 5 1.2%
  • No, I already had Covid

Votes: 13 3.1%
  • Unsure, but leaning yes

Votes: 32 7.5%
  • Unsure, but leaning no

Votes: 28 6.6%

• Total voters
Got my shot yesterday afternoon. I had a headache last night, but it was also a really long stressful day. A bit tired today. I might have a low grade fever, but nothing terrible. 

Got my first dose of the Pfizer vaccine yesterday at Walgreens. Arm is sore but other than that I feel normal. 

Got my first Pfizer shot on Wednesday and day 1 was totally normal. Yesterday my arm was a tad sore, but the bigger thing for me was the mental fog and fatigue. I felt like all day I just could not get going and ended up just going to bed early at 9 pm.

I hardly ever get sick so it was weird to me, but I'm back to totally normal this morning after sleeping it off. 

Got my J&J shot yesterday. 8 hours later felt like I was hit by a bus. Up most of the night with fever, chills and body aches. 

Today fever and chills are completely gone. Body aches are minimal. Currently experiencing dizziness when I move around and headache is still there. Going to sleep it off and hope to be good as new tomorrow.

Worth the experience to know I’m doing my part to help stop the spread. 

My 24 hour shot update.   I woke up a little tired and achy nothing too bad.  Grabbed lunch with my daughter around 12:30.

I want to say about 1:30 I started get chills.  Then my joints were just killing me. I passed out around 2 and woke up about an hour ago.

Currently have a headache, light chills and my knees hurt.

I could function if I had too but I feel "flu" like

2 days after #2 Moderna. No sore throat, just a little sore arm. Played pickleball for 2 hours this morning and overall I feel pretty, pretty good.

Got my J&J shot yesterday. 8 hours later felt like I was hit by a bus. Up most of the night with fever, chills and body aches. 

Today fever and chills are completely gone. Body aches are minimal. Currently experiencing dizziness when I move around and headache is still there. Going to sleep it off and hope to be good as new tomorrow.

Wife had same experience.  She had body aches for 3 or 4 days and today is day 7 and still has dizziness. 

First shot of Pfizer on Tuesday.  Felt a little light headed about halfway through the 15 min wait period, but was fine other than sore arm the next two days.  Felt a little off on Thursday morning but could work etc.  Went to lunch, got up to leave and wasn't sure I'd make it to the car without falling to the ground, hit me that fast.  Went home and to bed.  Had nausea, aches, fever, and the old #2 quick rush for the rest of the night.  Felt like a severe case of the flu.

Most people I've heard of having reactions had it to the second shot.  I did some reading and it appears there's some articles attributing people reacting to shot one as potentially having been exposed to Covid previously and the first shot is essentially acting as a second introduction to the body.  I guess it's possible I had a mild case sometime and didn't know it.  

Hoping shot number two isn't worse than round one or I'll be laid out.

My 24 hour shot update.   I woke up a little tired and achy nothing too bad.  Grabbed lunch with my daughter around 12:30.

I want to say about 1:30 I started get chills.  Then my joints were just killing me. I passed out around 2 and woke up about an hour ago.

Currently have a headache, light chills and my knees hurt.

I could function if I had too but I feel "flu" like
Yeah I actually feel worse then I did when I woke up.  Body aches are strong now, feel real weak and tired.  

First shot of Pfizer on Tuesday.  Felt a little light headed about halfway through the 15 min wait period, but was fine other than sore arm the next two days.  Felt a little off on Thursday morning but could work etc.  Went to lunch, got up to leave and wasn't sure I'd make it to the car without falling to the ground, hit me that fast.  Went home and to bed.  Had nausea, aches, fever, and the old #2 quick rush for the rest of the night.  Felt like a severe case of the flu.

Most people I've heard of having reactions had it to the second shot.  I did some reading and it appears there's some articles attributing people reacting to shot one as potentially having been exposed to Covid previously and the first shot is essentially acting as a second introduction to the body.  I guess it's possible I had a mild case sometime and didn't know it.  

Hoping shot number two isn't worse than round one or I'll be laid out.
Yeah I posted about that a few pages back as well. Was told at my first shot ppl who had COVID prior get hit harder. That’s proving true with me.  I had some reactions to shot 1 and shot 2 is doing a bit of ### kicking on me.  

Yeah I posted about that a few pages back as well. Was told at my first shot ppl who had COVID prior get hit harder. That’s proving true with me.  I had some reactions to shot 1 and shot 2 is doing a bit of ### kicking on me.  
So you had a bad reaction to shot one and two is worse?  Crap, I was hoping I had the worst out of the way after that fiasco last night.

So you had a bad reaction to shot one and two is worse?  Crap, I was hoping I had the worst out of the way after that fiasco last night.
Bad for 1 would be an overstatement but arm was crazy sore for 2 days, the night of the shot my heart keep racing, face was very flush, I was nauseous all night (knew I was never close to throwing up but too nauseous to eat) and slept like ####. 2 is absolutely worse. Basically feel like I have the flu, I’m about 30hrs post shot.

Last edited by a moderator:
Bad for 1 would be an overstatement but arm was crazy sore for 2 days, the night of the shot my heart keep racing, face was very flush, I was nauseous all night (knew I was never close to throwing up but too nauseous to eat) and slept like ####. 2 is absolutely worse. Basically feel like I have the flu, I’m about 30hrs post shot.
Hope you get to feeling better.  My reaction to shot 1 was 48+ hours in.  I was getting to the point I was concerned had I contracted it prior to the shot and it was the actual virus starting or if maybe I'd gotten the flu somehow.  But just too coincidental with the shot timing and now it clearing this quickly.

Hope you get to feeling better.  My reaction to shot 1 was 48+ hours in.  I was getting to the point I was concerned had I contracted it prior to the shot and it was the actual virus starting or if maybe I'd gotten the flu somehow.  But just too coincidental with the shot timing and now it clearing this quickly.
Thanks, I’m betting a good nights sleep and I’m 100 tomorrow.  Either way it’s well worth it. Hope your second goes well.  

reading this 3 hours after my pfizer shot #1, not looking forward to tomorrow. or next week. or the next shot. :oldunsure:
Most people don't react to shot 1.  My wife is a teacher so went way before me.  No reaction at all.  Shot 2 she got one afternoon, she took the next day off work.  It hit her mid morning, had aches and fever for maybe 7-8 hours and it was like a switch, she was suddenly fine.

I held out for as long as possible but took some Tylenol last night before bed. Tossed and turned, woke up in a puddle of sweat.  Feel pretty good this morning. Slight headache. I'm sure I'll be tired later but that's because of the sleep.   I think I finally turned the corner.

We got ours at Cardinals Stadium this morning, Pfizer #1. I don’t feel anything, her arm is a little sore. It’s been 10 hours for me, 12 for her. 

Have to say they were a well oiled machine down there.
Going back to this, I never felt bad but I hit an exhaustion wall suddenly and hard, falling asleep at 7 or so. Woke up the next morning feeling great.

I held out for as long as possible but took some Tylenol last night before bed. 
Either the guidance on this is changing or not all providers are on the same page. My daughter was told, after her first vaccination this past Tuesday, that she could take any OTC pain reliever she wanted, and as soon as she wanted :shrug:  

Either the guidance on this is changing or not all providers are on the same page. My daughter was told, after her first vaccination this past Tuesday, that she could take any OTC pain reliever she wanted, and as soon as she wanted :shrug:  
It is what it is. I know this will sound weird since I got a vaccine and all but I try to take as little pills as possible in general but yeah I think the big bugaboo is taking it before the shot I just wasn't 100% sure 

Got my second shot yesterday.  Chatted with the coordinator of the site for a few minutes, and he's really concerned that not enough Texans want the shot.  He spent much of Thursday trying to recruit anyone to come get a vaccine as he was desperate to not throw any out.  

He shared with me that the doctors he works with keep hearing from the vaccine-reluctant that "everything is open now, why do I need a shot?".

:wall:

Got my second shot yesterday.  Chatted with the coordinator of the site for a few minutes, and he's really concerned that not enough Texans want the shot.  He spent much of Thursday trying to recruit anyone to come get a vaccine as he was desperate to not throw any out.  

He shared with me that the doctors he works with keep hearing from the vaccine-reluctant that "everything is open now, why do I need a shot?".

:wall:
Just one more reason that opening up early was dumb. 

The Z Machine said:
Just one more reason that opening up early was dumb. 
Hasn't been a problem that I can tell?  

In fact, I'd say it has been awesome.

Numbers have continued to dive in spite of the continued effort to maintain the level of fear and the all of the accusations that doom would follow, businesses are open and doing great, jobs are coming back.....  I can't see anything happening that is dumb.  :shrug:  

Last edited by a moderator:
The Captain said:

I had a similar reaction with the J&J

first 8 hours mild symptoms next 8 hours had fever more headaches and muscle soreness.  By the 20 Hours post shot was feeling 95% of normal, more groggy than anything.  Definitely worth it!!!  Small side effects over relatively small amount of time for great results foR myself and community.

By the way, maybe the most pansy thing I’ve ever heard is grown men not wanting to get the vaccine because they’re afraid they may get some chills and run a temperature for a few hours the next day. Holy smokes. Sack up, Murica. 
Do you ever stop being at total tool?  Let people deal with things like this without being judged.  

20 hours in to Pfizer #1. Only symptoms so far is arm definitely sore and fatigue. 
About the same for me. Though, I think my fatigue yesterday was more from working a million hours last week than from the shot. I feel fine today with some soreness from having a foreign object slammed into my shoulder.

By the way, maybe the most pansy thing I’ve ever heard is grown men not wanting to get the vaccine because they’re afraid they may get some chills and run a temperature for a few hours the next day. Holy smokes. Sack up, Murica. 
That, of course, has nothing to do with why most (all?) people waiting on the vaccine are waiting.

Users who are viewing this thread