What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Will you get a Covid vaccine when available? (5 Viewers)

Will you get a Covid vaccine when available?

• Yes, as soon as it comes out

Votes: 236 55.4%
  • Yes, but not for a while until some time passes

Votes: 93 21.8%
  • No, I don't think it will be safe

Votes: 19 4.5%
  • No, I don't think it will be effective

Votes: 5 1.2%
  • No, I already had Covid

Votes: 13 3.1%
  • Unsure, but leaning yes

Votes: 32 7.5%
  • Unsure, but leaning no

Votes: 28 6.6%

• Total voters
3 hours post Moderna #2. Starting to feel a bit of head ache coming on. Had some arm soreness shortly after the shot, but that seems to be all gone now. 

I feel the mutations coursing through my blood stream as I type. I am totally looking to be able to teleport like Nightcrawler by tomorrow.

Really just looking forward to seeing my mom in a few weeks. She hasn't been able to see her grandkids for entirely too long.

Wife got her Pfizer #2 this week, arm was sore again other than that no other issues. I'm getting Pfizer #1 on Monday.  Our son (16) is getting #1 on May 5th.  Looking forward to having all eligible members of the family done soon (14 year old daughter still waiting for ok).  

We lost my mom in December (cancer, not Covid), and my Dad has emphysema, so we've been limiting our time with him for his health, which has been hard for him and us.  He's already had his Moderna, so hopefully we can get back to a bit of normalcy soon. 

Sounds like the real issue for the J&J clotting is that if you experience it, you should absolutely not get the standard treatment for blood clots. That will only make it worse and potentially fatal. So this pause is to get the word out that if anyone suffers symptoms, they need an alternate care regimen. So this is to inform doctors of the issue, what to look for, and be aware that they need to do something outside of the norm to deal with it. 
That is really interesting.  I wish that was put out there sooner.

23 hours into Moderna #2. Spiked a massive fever last night. Couldn't wait it out any more. Took some Tylenol and it is breaking the fever. But there is no way I am going to try to work today. Head is super foggy.

how about a third dose in 6-12 months?  
Just got the first Pfizer shot yesterday and am thrilled to see that the next morning. Actually though I'm totally ok getting a booster. I just worry that they won't get widespread adoption and we'll see further mutations. 

So far just a slightly sore shoulder, literally didn't feel the needle and didn't feel any pain until I was sleeping.  

If you haven't gotten the shot yet, if you are a side sleeper I'd definitely get it in the shoulder that is up at night.  I usually sleep on my left shoulder but I'm right handed so I got it in the left shoulder without thinking about it and slept weird because I was backwards. 

Last edited by a moderator:
My daughter had Pfizer shot #2. She said she wishes she was dead, which I assume means lots of side effects. She had bad effects when she had COVID, so I think this is making her feel it even more. She said the first shot made her feel worse than when she had COVID. So I can't imagine how crappy she is feeling after shot 2.

My daughter for Pfizer show #2. She said she wishes she was dead, which I assume means lots of side effects. She had bad effects when she had COVID, so I think this is making her feel it even more. She said the first shot made her feel worse than when she had COVID. So I can't imagine how crappy she is feeling after shot 2.
I had COVID too, and I’ve had almost no reaction to the shot. 
The human body is weird. 

Got Pfizer 1 this morning about 7 hours ago.  Currently feel like a mild hangover, though to be fair it may just be a hangover from the 3 rounds of whiskey shot and a beer combo I had at the local BBQ place last night haha.  The shot itself was a breeze. I thought the lady was kidding when she said I was done. Didn’t feel a thing. 

I was amazed at how good I felt after the day was over. I didn't realize how much anxiety I really had pent up in me from the whole COVD ordeal. We have reservations for a nice room and dinner at our favorite restaurant on the 21st for my wife's birthday. Very much looking forward to a well cooked, fresh steak.
My poor wife has missed just about every major event the past 14 months or so. We were supposed to be in Spain for her milestone birthday. This was plan B, a very distant B at that. Now I am worried about the timing of the verdict and if she's even going to get this. Yes, I realize the verdict is a WAY bigger deal. But I feel so badly for her if this falls through.

I'm a little hesitant to post this because it's anti vaccine gasoline, but a very close friend was admitted to the ICU on Saturday with spinal issues. After countless tests and evaluations they diagnosed her with transverse myelitis. The doctors may think it may be related to the JNJ vaccine she received two weeks prior and the information diagnosis is being escalated. If you remember this is the same illness that paused the trials for astrazeneca and JNJ in the fall. It's way worse than blood clots. I'm torn up from a personal level knowing what's she's going thru but also from a vaccine level and the hesitancy fight they have. This also may be completely unrelated and a chance illness and timing. 

Hope they get J&J or another one shot back in action soon. My school district hosted a vaccine clinic Saturday in conjunction with the local health dept. Earlier in the week we announced we had to switch from J&J to Moderna. 

We had close to 700 cancellations that didn’t reschedule and maybe got 300 takers. I’m sure many were spooked by the “pause” but a big chunk of people really were game for one trip to a clinic but not two unfortunately.

My 19 year old went (had COVID in November). It kicked his butt pretty good the next day but he’s good now, save for a swollen lymph node above his collarbone on the shot side.

the vaccine rollout here in canada and bc has been bad 
bad communications , horrible roll outs and website plus just not having enough vaccines 
AstraZeneca was limited to 55 and up  because of the blood clots but ontario and alberta opened it up to anyone over 40 this morning  and i figured bc would follow. which they did this afternoon 
i have an appointment for my 1st shot tomorrow , im assuming it AZ but hoping its Pfizer or moderna    
I really want to wait for those but i just want to get some protection and be able to go out and start living again 

Phizer #1 on Sunday, had no side effects other than shoulder soreness.  Almost gone day 2.

Wife works in a school, she was vaccinated early on.  Youngest son also got does #1 on Sunday.  Son at college has #1 scheduled for Saturday.  Really happy to have this all in place.

I got Moderna #2 about 24 hours ago.  Slight pain in the arm and I feel a bit lethargic today.  Still did all my zoom calls for work without issue.  No fever or body aches.  My coworker who got her #2 when I did was bedridden all day with a 101.6 fever.  

When I got Moderna #1 all I had was a bit of a sore arm.  I typically get that when I get the flu shot though.  

Wife got Pfizer.  Sore arm only for first shot.  For second shot she had some body aches and chills while sleeping that night but was fine the following day.  

We have plans to fly to Colorado in May and to New Orleans in June so we are both glad to be vaccinated.  I’m 45 and she’s 42.  

Gonna be interesting to see what the FDA does with J&J moving forward. On the one hand, VITT (vaccine-induced immune thrombotic thrombocytopenia) appears no more common than the background rate of unusual clots with low platelets. On the other, these researchers have identified anti-PF4 antibodies analogous to a related disorder, HITT in Astra Zeneca recipients. Like J&J, Astra Zeneca employs older vaccine technology using an adenoviral vector.

BACKGROUND

Several cases of unusual thrombotic events and thrombocytopenia have developed after vaccination with the recombinant adenoviral vector encoding the spike protein antigen of severe acute respiratory syndrome coronavirus 2 (SARS-CoV-2) (ChAdOx1 nCov-19, AstraZeneca). More data were needed on the pathogenesis of this unusual clotting disorder.

METHODS

We assessed the clinical and laboratory features of 11 patients in Germany and Austria in whom thrombosis or thrombocytopenia had developed after vaccination with ChAdOx1 nCov-19. We used a standard enzyme-linked immunosorbent assay to detect platelet factor 4 (PF4)–heparin antibodies and a modified (PF4-enhanced) platelet-activation test to detect platelet-activating antibodies under various reaction conditions. Included in this testing were samples from patients who had blood samples referred for investigation of vaccine-associated thrombotic events, with 28 testing positive on a screening PF4–heparin immunoassay.

RESULTS

Of the 11 original patients, 9 were women, with a median age of 36 years (range, 22 to 49). Beginning 5 to 16 days after vaccination, the patients presented with one or more thrombotic events, with the exception of 1 patient, who presented with fatal intracranial hemorrhage. Of the patients with one or more thrombotic events, 9 had cerebral venous thrombosis, 3 had splanchnic-vein thrombosis, 3 had pulmonary embolism, and 4 had other thromboses; of these patients, 6 died. Five patients had disseminated intravascular coagulation. None of the patients had received heparin before symptom onset. All 28 patients who tested positive for antibodies against PF4–heparin tested positive on the platelet-activation assay in the presence of PF4 independent of heparin. Platelet activation was inhibited by high levels of heparin, Fc receptor–blocking monoclonal antibody, and immune globulin (10 mg per milliliter). Additional studies with PF4 or PF4–heparin affinity purified antibodies in 2 patients confirmed PF4-dependent platelet activation.

CONCLUSIONS

Vaccination with ChAdOx1 nCov-19 can result in the rare development of immune thrombotic thrombocytopenia mediated by platelet-activating antibodies against PF4, which clinically mimics autoimmune heparin-induced thrombocytopenia. (Funded by the German Research Foundation.)

Moderna #2 uploaded.

Got some really good deals in the grocery store immediately after.

I think I'm a better shopper now.

30 minutes in, that's the only side effect.
12+ hours post-shot, my left arm is pretty sore (more so than after # 1).

Nothing else adverse though.

ETA Much of my arm soreness is due to my sidesleeping ways.

Tried to stay off it, but not in my DNA I guess.

Be wary about getting a breakthrough case after vaccination.  Even though death and serious complications are (virtually) non-existent, a bout of COVID could be a run of a few weeks being laid low.  Like a bad, bad flu.  Doesn't sound like fun.  So stay vigilant and social distance.

12+ hours post-shot, my left arm is pretty sore (more so than after # 1).

Nothing else adverse though.
I had my Moderna #2 yesterday morning and my wife had it around lunchtime. Other than a much more sore arm than shot #1 and a little back soreness waking up, been fine. I definitely didn’t sleep like a log like I usually do.

Definitely felt it more this time but neither of us had COVID before and both of us were hydrating (water and occasional propel) a lot this past week. I remembered how dehydration early on seemed to be a cause of worse symptoms so I wasn’t taking chances. I think it may be very helpful since it helps with fevers/flus. Highly recommend hydrating well before those second shots.

Be wary about getting a breakthrough case after vaccination.  Even though death and serious complications are (virtually) non-existent, a bout of COVID could be a run of a few weeks being laid low.  Like a bad, bad flu.  Doesn't sound like fun.  So stay vigilant and social distance.
Id be just as vigilant as catching any other illness. Lets not be ridiculous here.

Second Moderna yesterday around 3:30. 

Fell asleep about 7:30. Slept in fits and starts all night. Arm is sore as hell. About the same as last time. Woke up this morning feeling like I got hit by a truck.

Achy, low-grade fever - I felt like I had the flu. Took some ibuprofin and went to work. Didn't figure I should take a day off because I'm not actually sick, so to speak.

Stopped and got an Equalizer on the way in - that seems to have started to bring me back to normal.

jobarules said:
Id be just as vigilant as catching any other illness. Lets not be ridiculous here.
Not trying to be ridiculous, just a reminder that even if vaccinated, you can still have a not fun time at the COVID rodeo.

The Z Machine said:
I'll exercise the same level of vigilance that I exercise with the seasonal flu -- none.  Because I'm not going to spend any time worrying about something that I'm incredibly unlikely to catch and that isn't going to kill me even if I do catch it.  

At some point ... American society is going to end up making a mostly-collective and mostly non-scientific decision to just "dive in" and stop worrying about being a "breakthrough case" or being a "long hauler". It won't be all Americans arriving at this headspace all at once, of course. And the decisions individuals make will be based more on intuition and emotion (for what those are worth) much, much more than data.

One thing that concerns me as a confounding factor for the U.S. getting past the pandemic socially/mentally -- we're probably years away from attaining objectively low COVID case numbers. Numbers that pockets of society quit fearing. Would the U.S. getting consistently below 1,000 cases/day be enough, or would we still be seeing articles talking about "a thousand cases a day!" or "800 more cases nationwide yesterday!"

Since being fully vaccinated Ive gotten back to 100% 2019 normalcy. The only exception is I am forced to wear a mask indoors still. If I wasnt forced to, I wouldnt.

At some point ... American society is going to end up making a mostly-collective and mostly non-scientific decision to just "dive in" and stop worrying about being a "breakthrough case" or being a "long hauler". It won't be all Americans arriving at this headspace all at once, of course. And the decisions individuals make will be based more on intuition and emotion (for what those are worth) much, much more than data.

One thing that concerns me as a confounding factor for the U.S. getting past the pandemic socially/mentally -- we're probably years away from attaining objectively low COVID case numbers. Numbers that pockets of society quit fearing. Would the U.S. getting consistently below 1,000 cases/day be enough, or would we still be seeing articles talking about "a thousand cases a day!" or "800 more cases nationwide yesterday!"
Sucks, but except for those who can’t take it, I don’t really have any concern at all for the people not getting the vax. If they catch covid and get sick, :shrug:   

Since being fully vaccinated Ive gotten back to 100% 2019 normalcy. The only exception is I am forced to wear a mask indoors still. If I wasnt forced to, I wouldnt.
That's something else: What has to happen before your big-box retailers and your small mom-&-pop businesses decide to dispense with masking, both for their employees and their customers? Does it all come down to the CDC making a call, at least for the big players like Wal-Mart, Costco, and Target? Is it a local decision, to where a Wal-Mart in Georgia might not require a mask in June 2021 while another Wal-Mart in Michigan may continue to require them well into 2022?

Users who are viewing this thread