What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Will you get a Covid vaccine when available? (1 Viewer)

Will you get a Covid vaccine when available?

• Yes, as soon as it comes out

Votes: 236 55.4%
  • Yes, but not for a while until some time passes

Votes: 93 21.8%
  • No, I don't think it will be safe

Votes: 19 4.5%
  • No, I don't think it will be effective

Votes: 5 1.2%
  • No, I already had Covid

Votes: 13 3.1%
  • Unsure, but leaning yes

Votes: 32 7.5%
  • Unsure, but leaning no

Votes: 28 6.6%

• Total voters
We're reaching the point quickly now where people should just get the shot and not feel like they're "skipping ahead". 65+ age group and essentials have had their exclusivity period, shipments are increasing every week, soon they're going to be begging people to take the shot. The moral hazard isn't skipping the line, it's not getting one at all. 
We're already there in my area.  When I got mine, at Wallgreens, there was no one else there, no line.  I asked if my wife could get one and they said "any time today, or tomorrow, or whenever she can get here." I tried to make an appointment and they said she can just stop in anytime for the shot.  We had to check a box on the form that said we are "essential workers" - which is technically true but not really the case in any practical sense.

Got my JNJ shot earlier this week. Slept great that night. But no other effects.

Wife got hers yesterday at St jude's and is knocked out with a migraine. She's in Memphis right now and unable to drive home today because of it.   :kicksrock:

I'm not essential but the VA standard here is anyone over 40. Wife teaches pre school but got it because our daughter is still considered immune compromised. 

Last edited by a moderator:
PA is still in the first group.   Expect to get mine in May...             

of 2022!!!!!
At some point, even in the slow-rolling northeastern states ... most or all of the vaccine-eligibility protocols will probably all kind of fall away at once without a lot of warning. That's basically what happened in Louisiana on March 9th.

Got my first shot last week here in Cali.  Was super busy but was very organized, a well oiled machine. As I’m 99% sure I had COVID last March (the week it broke out and everything shut down) they said the symptoms would be a little more severe.  Symptoms were mild but there for sure.  Get my second shot in 2 weeks.  Have cleared my calendar for that day and day after as I’m expecting not to feel well.   

Got my first (modena) on Sunday. I'm asthmatic.

The arm hurt for a few days, but otherwise all good.

I couldn't leave without scheduling the second shot...April 10.

2 coworkers both just received their second shots...they were in bad shape for a few days 

I had both shots of Moderna already. I had a moderately bad case of COVID 4 months ago (knocked me out for 4 weeks and another 4 weeks to get mostly functional). I had a fair amount of side effects after the first shot (bad chills, extreme fatigue, not hungry, and trouble concentrating). The second shot was a lot better, although I was tired the next day and had some minor chills. My arm really hurt after the first shot but wasn't bad after the second.
What you described is pretty much how it went for me

Felt BAD for 2 days after the first one, very minor after the 2nd. 

Ive heard that that means I’ve had Covid already. I haven’t had any Covid symptoms nor been tested

Got my first shot last week here in Cali.  Was super busy but was very organized, a well oiled machine. As I’m 99% sure I had COVID last March (the week it broke out and everything shut down) they said the symptoms would be a little more severe.  Symptoms were mild but there for sure.  Get my second shot in 2 weeks.  Have cleared my calendar for that day and day after as I’m expecting not to feel well.   
Just curious, how did you qualify?  Where in Cali?

I'm so ready.  

Oregon has been an unmitigated disaster handling this.  I have no visibility to getting one.  Like, at all.
Your neighbors to the north are doing no better, though finally yesterday did announce that we're moving to a new phase next Wednesday, after nearly three months in the 65+ group.  Next up are grocery store workers and the like.  I suppose I'll be eligible May 1 only due to Biden's statement yesterday; otherwise I expect it would be summer...sometime.

Southern.  

I'm in the food and beverage business so I'm in the 1c (b?) tier.   
I'm in OC and I think I'm going to need to volunteer at a vaccination event to get mine before June.  Or lie on my check-in... which I won't do.

Once my company starts allowing plane travel I will be more gung-ho about getting it.

I'm in OC and I think I'm going to need to volunteer at a vaccination event to get mine before June.  Or lie on my check-in... which I won't do.

Once my company starts allowing plane travel I will be more gung-ho about getting it.
Were in the IE.  My wife wants one bad too and was talking about the volunteer thing also.  Seems like a good idea.  The lying thing (which I know you said you won't do) won't work, security was tight. I had to bring my Drivers License, a pay stub and a note on letterhead from my company.  All got checked 3 or 4 times by different people.  Was no joke.

dkp993 said:
Were in the IE.  My wife wants one bad too and was talking about the volunteer thing also.  Seems like a good idea.  The lying thing (which I know you said you won't do) won't work, security was tight. I had to bring my Drivers License, a pay stub and a note on letterhead from my company.  All got checked 3 or 4 times by different people.  Was no joke.
My wife, who has been the "extra careful" one in our family, wants to wait on the vaccine for some reason.  Definitely NOT an anti-vaxxer.  Just wants to wait a year or so until potential side effects are known.  

I heard you have to be SUPER-obese to qualify under the "obese" pre-existing condition. I'm "fairly fat" and don't think I'll qualify there.  Maybe I should take up smokin' cigs.  :lol:

nirad3 said:

Does that go for personal air travel too, or just work?

Less than 50% say they will get the shot, and I bet some of those won't either.

55% say they don't want to take it right now or ever, that seems kinda sad after all the fuss and financial ruin caused to millions of lives over the last 12 months. 

El Floppo said:
Got my first (modena) on Sunday. I'm asthmatic.

The arm hurt for a few days, but otherwise all good.
I was a little surprised at the shoulder soreness (I also got Moderna, if it matters).

I've had many shots and blood draws over the years. But I've never had a sore spot linger the way the Moderna shot did. And the shot itself was completely painless -- usually I can at least tell when I've been jabbed, but the COVID vaccine went in super-smooth. Six hours or so later ... sore deltoid. Soreness only lasted about a day, but it certainly made me notice.

Was that actually the vaccine in action causing spot soreness? As opposed to something about the physical needle entry?

I heard you have to be SUPER-obese to qualify under the "obese" pre-existing condition. I'm "fairly fat" and don't think I'll qualify there.  Maybe I should take up smokin' cigs.  :lol:
Is there a BMI number or range listed? EDIT: Went and looked it up -- BMI has to be 40 or more in California to be eligible. That's about 280 lbs for a 5'10" man, or 300 lbs for a 6'1" man.

In Louisiana, BMI needs to be only 25 or more -- 170 lbs for a 5'10" man or 190 for a 6'1" man.

In Louisiana, former smokers of any age also qualify. And that's self-attested ... no medical records or anything needed. So the current day 30-something distance runner who smoked a little in college can guiltlessly go get their vaccine here.

Is there a BMI number or range listed? EDIT: Went and looked it up -- BMI has to be 40 or more in California to be eligible. That's about 280 lbs for a 5'10" man, or 300 lbs for a 6'1" man.

In Louisiana, BMI needs to be only 25 or more -- 170 lbs for a 5'10" man or 190 for a 6'1" man.

In Louisiana, former smokers of any age also qualify. And that's self-attested ... no medical records or anything needed. So the current day 30-something distance runner who smoked a little in college can guiltlessly go get their vaccine here.
NC opens up to category 4 soon. Having smoked 100 cigarettes in your lifetime counts. This is really a sign of not enough demand for vaccines 

Does that go for personal air travel too, or just work?
I have no plans to travel for personal reasons in the next 6-8 months.  Potentially going to Tahoe in the Fall, but I could very well just make that a longer road trip.

Yeah I'm a good inch one way or the other and 30-50 pounds away from the California numbers.

My MIL is in Louisiana and said it was a breeze getting her shot.

krista4 said:
Your neighbors to the north are doing no better, though finally yesterday did announce that we're moving to a new phase next Wednesday, after nearly three months in the 65+ group.  Next up are grocery store workers and the like.  I suppose I'll be eligible May 1 only due to Biden's statement yesterday; otherwise I expect it would be summer...sometime.
Kind of regretting this run-of-the-mill obesity I've got going on and not the morbidly kind though I am always up for a challenge. 

bostonfred said:
Keep seeing covid deniers jumping the line to get vaccinated

I'm good with staying inside a bit longer but man that bothers me
The one that sticks in my craw is the gal who does some bookkeeping for my boss and has been a vocal anti-vaxxer (both in our office and on her social media) her entire adult life and got fully vaccinated two weeks ago because she teaches yoga once a week to ONE - 111!!!!11111juan - one elderly person who lives in the mildest form of an old folks' home. 

She even had the nerve to prance in one morning to pick up receipts and complain about her second shot making her feel all icky.  I went for a walk.  

Good god, I could move to your state and work every Christmas party in every Perish as the fattest man in your state and retire at 65 comfortably.  My word, I haven't seen 180 in years.  :bag:

Good god, I could move to your state and work every Christmas party in every Perish as the fattest man in your state and retire at 65 comfortably.  My word, I haven't seen 180 in years.  :bag:
Not a chance, slim :D   We got a lot of big-eatin' Cajuns down here. And that's before you get into the folks that live on Creole food, soul food, Popeye's chicken, the jillion po-boy places, the rockin' Vietnamese food. All the festival food. Crawfish. Lenten fish fry. Lots of eatin'.

Less than 50% say they will get the shot, and I bet some of those won't either.

55% say they don't want to take it right now or ever, that seems kinda sad after all the fuss and financial ruin caused to millions of lives over the last 12 months. 
These numbers no longer are accurate. They seem months old actually. 

The one that sticks in my craw is the gal who does some bookkeeping for my boss and has been a vocal anti-vaxxer (both in our office and on her social media) her entire adult life and got fully vaccinated two weeks ago because she teaches yoga once a week to ONE - 111!!!!11111juan - one elderly person who lives in the mildest form of an old folks' home. 

She even had the nerve to prance in one morning to pick up receipts and complain about her second shot making her feel all icky.  I went for a walk.  
I understand why that’s annoying, and you have a right to be peeved, but it’s good crazy people like that are getting the shot. 

Got shot 1 of Moderna this morning.  That awesome relief feeling hasn't wore off yet either.

General Malaise said:
Oregon has been an unmitigated disaster handling this.  I have no visibility to getting one.  Like, at all.

krista4 said:
Why is my question? You can get a Dr's note for anxiety right now in Florida and be over 18 and get the shot. You would think you couldn't get an appointment to get the shot but of course not true, CVS has appointment slots not filled up almost everyday.  Publix(grocery store) runs pretty steady but you can get in within a week or less right now. 

Obviously the folks running things in OR and WA don't feel like they will be removed from office for going super slow with all this. 

I'll share this with the two of you, both of whom I always show respect for in my posts. I could launch a big diatribe against OR, WA, throw in CA where I called home for almost a decade but I have never enjoyed it when Florida, my home state, is the butt of jokes be it "hanging chads" and it seemed like after that it was a bad run for a long time here, much like the Miami Dolphins the last 2 decades. But it seems since the Covid hit and also the way we handled our elections in 2020 this time around, the surge of folks crawling into Florida for a breath of fresh air, most people love us when they get a chance to experience Florida in the way I know it which is not Disney I assure you. 

My brother who is 2nd at the Veteran's Affairs out of D.C. was appointed to go to Portland, OR and he had always wanted to move there, he lived in Seattle for several years before I encouraged him to utilize his cybersecurity skills to their max and go to D.C. When he got the transfer to move to Portland, this was last summer and they were building some sort of safe city within the city, daily news reports were horrific and it turned his stomach inside out and he pushed back to stay in D.C. Now that place has become unbearable for him and he will soon be the 1st Director of Cybersecurity for the Veteran's Affairs Dept and will be working by REMOTE and I found out he will be moving to just about the same area I live along the Treasure Coast and South Florida in about 2-3 weeks...he is pretty left of center I would say, one of the few I have come across that far up in the military, Trump hater, etc...

It's a head scratcher to me as it seems the two States where you two live are hard Liberal states for the most part or at least it comes across that way in the media and the stories we see from there, why are they having such a hard time with human compassion and helping people get these vaccinations? It almost feels like they want it to drag on and for what purposes I'm really miffed. I would encourage both of you to visit Florida ASAP and bring a doctor's note. 

Cheers!

Aaaaaand my coworker's wife just tested positive.  He sits in the cube next to me and is probably the one I work with the most.  He got tested today.  So close.  This probably belongs in the Covid thread, but I don't want to go back in there.

Went to lunch today with a couple of guys that are "just not sure" about getting the vaccine.  :mellow:    I think I might cut in line.

krista4 said:
Why is my question? You can get a Dr's note for anxiety right now in Florida and be over 18 and get the shot. You would think you couldn't get an appointment to get the shot but of course not true, CVS has appointment slots not filled up almost everyday.  Publix(grocery store) runs pretty steady but you can get in within a week or less right now. 

Obviously the folks running things in OR and WA don't feel like they will be removed from office for going super slow with all this. 

I'll share this with the two of you, both of whom I always show respect for in my posts. I could launch a big diatribe against OR, WA, throw in CA where I called home for almost a decade but I have never enjoyed it when Florida, my home state, is the butt of jokes be it "hanging chads" and it seemed like after that it was a bad run for a long time here, much like the Miami Dolphins the last 2 decades. But it seems since the Covid hit and also the way we handled our elections in 2020 this time around, the surge of folks crawling into Florida for a breath of fresh air, most people love us when they get a chance to experience Florida in the way I know it which is not Disney I assure you. 

My brother who is 2nd at the Veteran's Affairs out of D.C. was appointed to go to Portland, OR and he had always wanted to move there, he lived in Seattle for several years before I encouraged him to utilize his cybersecurity skills to their max and go to D.C. When he got the transfer to move to Portland, this was last summer and they were building some sort of safe city within the city, daily news reports were horrific and it turned his stomach inside out and he pushed back to stay in D.C. Now that place has become unbearable for him and he will soon be the 1st Director of Cybersecurity for the Veteran's Affairs Dept and will be working by REMOTE and I found out he will be moving to just about the same area I live along the Treasure Coast and South Florida in about 2-3 weeks...he is pretty left of center I would say, one of the few I have come across that far up in the military, Trump hater, etc...

It's a head scratcher to me as it seems the two States where you two live are hard Liberal states for the most part or at least it comes across that way in the media and the stories we see from there, why are they having such a hard time with human compassion and helping people get these vaccinations? It almost feels like they want it to drag on and for what purposes I'm really miffed. I would encourage both of you to visit Florida ASAP and bring a doctor's note. 

Cheers
Washington State has administered a higher rate of shots and has a higher percentage of their population fully vaccinated than Florida.

Since I had covid in January, I figure I will wait until I need my covid vaxxed ID card.

I really hate to see so many of you being shut out due to which state you live in.

WI is opening up to high risk at the end of this month and it includes practically everyone.  BMI >25 is one, and my 19 year old son makes the list at 6'3" 205 pounds.  He's got a 33 in waist and no one would ever say he's over weight, he's just 19 with a decent, muscular, 19 year old build.  Also seems like women get screwed on the BMI ratings.  The charts I was looking take gender into account.  Is that right?

I got a shot this week due to my job, not due to my defective immune system.  What I have turns out to be pretty nasty if you get covid. That was sort of ridiculous that didn't qualify but my job did. Whatever, at least I feel like I can finally breathe.  It's been a worrisome year.  

Texas is like last in percentage of population fully vaccinated.

Where is everyone just getting these shots :lol:

I’m getting screwed here.
That is why it is so easy to get them in TX... people arent showing up.  Just spend a little time on internet registering and it might take a few days for an appointment.

Just go and make something up.  I work in healthcare (but in sales), I wore scrubs and had no questions asked.  Buddy showed up and said he was overweight.

Basically just go.. you aren't taking away from other people - they arent coming out.

90+% of people in WA want a vaccine, but they only have received enough doses for 20-25% of people to receive a shot so far.

50% of people in FL want a vaccine, and they've received enough doses for 20-25% of people to receive a shot so far.

It's just math, not some government conspiracy or ineptitude.

That is why it is so easy to get them in TX... people arent showing up.  Just spend a little time on internet registering and it might take a few days for an appointment.

Just go and make something up.  I work in healthcare (but in sales), I wore scrubs and had no questions asked.  Buddy showed up and said he was overweight.

Basically just go.. you aren't taking away from other people - they arent coming out.
If you drive into the smaller towns, there is a lot of availability. LIke you said - people just aren't taking it.

For example, here's Amarillo's website. I have never seen it not say "Available." Its my understanding you don't even need an appointment there.

If you drive into the smaller towns, there is a lot of availability. LIke you said - people just aren't taking it.

For example, here's Amarillo's website. I have never seen it not say "Available." Its my understanding you don't even need an appointment there.
Yep got mine in Victoria.  Literally just walked up to the convention center a month or so ago while I was out there working.

Only down side was.. I had to go back to Victoria for the 2nd :lol:  

Users who are viewing this thread