Jump to content
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Will you get a Covid vaccine when available?


gianmarco

Covid vaccine  

451 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Recommended Posts

On 5/5/2021 at 12:47 PM, greedygoat said:

I was scheduled for my 1st vaccine shot at 10:45am on 4/7/21.

Unfortunately, I tested positive at 2:00pm on 4/6/21.

Will now have to wait 90 days before I can reschedule.

My 90 days is up.  Going to get my first shot of Pfizer after work today!!

  • Like 12
  • Thanks 2
  • Love 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

32 minutes ago, beer 30 said:

I'm not sure I totally believe these numbers as it seems a little outrageous that so few could influence so many but then I look at politics and it all kind of seems to make sense.

Majority of Covid misinformation came from 12 people, report finds

Kennedy is the worst. He uses his name for credibility and his alleged legal settlements obtained.  Shame he is married to Cheryl Hines.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

49 minutes ago, beer 30 said:

I'm not sure I totally believe these numbers as it seems a little outrageous that so few could influence so many but then I look at politics and it all kind of seems to make sense.

Majority of Covid misinformation came from 12 people, report finds

Put this under the 'May just be coincidental' tag:  I have 3 friends who are chiropractors, and all 3 are pretty strongly outspoken on social media against vaccines.  Does anyone else have chiropractor friends, and do you know where they stand on vaccines?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 minutes ago, Hastur said:

Put this under the 'May just be coincidental' tag:  I have 3 friends who are chiropractors, and all 3 are pretty strongly outspoken on social media against vaccines.  Does anyone else have chiropractor friends, and do you know where they stand on vaccines?

I have a relative and a couple other friends who are chiropractors and anti-vax. I guess it just goes with their quest against the medical establishment. Can’t really be surprised by someone who claims to be able to cure MS with adjustments… 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Biff84 said:

I have a relative and a couple other friends who are chiropractors and anti-vax. I guess it just goes with their quest against the medical establishment. Can’t really be surprised by someone who claims to be able to cure MS with adjustments… 

My friends husband is a chiropractor. He wears a Qanon tshirt out and about and is antivax. 

  • Laughing 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Leeroy Jenkins said:

Kennedy is the worst. He uses his name for credibility and his alleged legal settlements obtained.  Shame he is married to Cheryl Hines.  

As someone who's favorite president to study is JFK it's really an embarrassment to the family with his Anti Vax theories. Dude did a lot to early on defending indigenous rights, Minority rights, going after the US Military etc but has jumped the shark since then 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Hastur said:

Put this under the 'May just be coincidental' tag:  I have 3 friends who are chiropractors, and all 3 are pretty strongly outspoken on social media against vaccines.  Does anyone else have chiropractor friends, and do you know where they stand on vaccines?

I know of one here on FBG and he has been vaccinated. 
Got an appointment with one Friday. Will try and find out if he is.

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

So what's everyone who has gotten their shot or planning too think of the "I want more info before I get the shot but want to eventually."  Crowd? 

I have a friend who's dr told him because of some side effects that could be deadly to him to not get it yet till more Info is out. I'm cool with a case like that and he's immune compromise and wants to get it.  Only friends he hangs out with are those who are vaccinated. 

I also ask this because the Phillies had Aaron Nola on the Covid list and he is in this group. His teammate Didi Gregourius is immune compromise as a diabetic or high risk. The Phillies are one of the few teams with a few I'm not getting it at all to the I want to wait and see crowd. 

Today an article came out by Marcus Hayes an African American sports journalists who is more of an opinion sports writer then anything. Over the last 6-7 yrs Hayes has turned into the defend black athletes at all cost and rag on all white athletes without a lot of factual info. Today he lambasted Aaron Nola and some of the Phillies players not getting vaccinated including big time on Aaron Nola.

Nola for his part has already gone in depth about his decision. From what I've heard and read from his decision it's well thought out about him and not a hot take. He wants to get the Vaccine and all but feels the vaccines were rushed, he wants more info before taking it and or will wait until an FDA approved Vaccine that has taken longer to make comes out. His whole statement read more of "I want to get it but I'm afraid of side effects and I would like more time before getting one." 

I got zero issue with that at all and just seems like a weird mountain for Hayes to stick his flag on and defend here, especially when Nola one of the best players off the field has been open and honest on his decision throughout. I don't know where Nola contracted it from and he's already back after 10 days. I'm also not sure what MLB's policy is on non vaccinated players on what they can and can't do. Now if Nola broke rules to this then Hayes has every right to go after Nola for being dumb and not thinking but I don't think thats the case here. Just seems to me this is another Hayes sees an opportunity to attack a White Athlete again. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Biff84 said:

I have a relative and a couple other friends who are chiropractors and anti-vax. I guess it just goes with their quest against the medical establishment. Can’t really be surprised by someone who claims to be able to cure MS with adjustments… 

This reminded me of an article I once read about how meteorologists (ie, TV weathermen) are often climate-change skeptics. The idea was that a lot of them had spent their careers being looked down on by “real scientists”, and were therefore more likely to be skeptical of the theories being pushed by those scientists. I could imagine something similar with non-traditional medical practitioners like chiropractors.

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, Hastur said:

Put this under the 'May just be coincidental' tag:  I have 3 friends who are chiropractors, and all 3 are pretty strongly outspoken on social media against vaccines.  Does anyone else have chiropractor friends, and do you know where they stand on vaccines?

Kind of lost touch with my chiropractor friend after she told me she favored an adjustment over antibiotics for raging ear infections in a toddler.

Do I think it plausible that an adjustment could facilitate drainage and help with pain, etc.? Sure, I can buy that.

Do I think cracking your neck can kill bacteria? Not so much.

  • Laughing 1
  • Sad 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Rustoleum said:

Kind of lost touch with my chiropractor friend after she told me she favored an adjustment over antibiotics for raging ear infections in a toddler.

Do I think it plausible that an adjustment could facilitate drainage and help with pain, etc.? Sure, I can buy that.

Do I think cracking your neck can kill bacteria? Not so much.

Exactly.  Chiro can be a treatment for certain things, but not a medical replacement/cure.

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

17 hours ago, Hastur said:

Put this under the 'May just be coincidental' tag:  I have 3 friends who are chiropractors, and all 3 are pretty strongly outspoken on social media against vaccines.  Does anyone else have chiropractor friends, and do you know where they stand on vaccines?

I was in chiro school for a bit, and there are strong anti-vacc sentiments in that community.  

Edited by KarmaPolice
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 hours ago, beer 30 said:

I'm not sure I totally believe these numbers as it seems a little outrageous that so few could influence so many but then I look at politics and it all kind of seems to make sense.

Majority of Covid misinformation came from 12 people, report finds

Not sure we needed much more proof, but further proof of the amplification of messages on SM.  Makes 12 people's voice seem like a popular opinion.  

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 hours ago, DJackson10 said:

Nola for his part has already gone in depth about his decision. From what I've heard and read from his decision it's well thought out about him and not a hot take. He wants to get the Vaccine and all but feels the vaccines were rushed, he wants more info before taking it and or will wait until an FDA approved Vaccine that has taken longer to make comes out. His whole statement read more of "I want to get it but I'm afraid of side effects and I would like more time before getting one." 

 

These are popular excuses for anti-vaxers, and, well, they don't really hold water. It shows me he hasn't read much REAL research on these vaccines. No safety protocols were bypassed, and really the only thing done differently to get these in under the Emergency Use Act was they cut down some of the wait time between trials and some of the red tape.  

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Question:

I was previously vaccinated with a Johnson & Johnson shot in May. The effectiveness against the Delta variant is in question and I would like to get a "booster' shot from either Moderna or Pfizer. To my knowledge, the CDC has not yet recommended this.

Is anyone else in this boat and would local pharmacies refuse this? I would prefer to just explain the situation, but don't want to go back and forth.

Also, should I expect to be down with the flu when I get a booster shot after having a Johnson & Johnson shot?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

46 minutes ago, Nathan R. Jessep said:

These are popular excuses for anti-vaxers, and, well, they don't really hold water. It shows me he hasn't read much REAL research on these vaccines. No safety protocols were bypassed, and really the only thing done differently to get these in under the Emergency Use Act was they cut down some of the wait time between trials and some of the red tape.  

This is what I'm hearing as well...that without 18 months of research it isn't safe.  Sure that would have been great, but we are taking a measured risk here and the risk of unknowns <<<<<< risk of COVID.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

17 minutes ago, cubd8 said:

Question:

I was previously vaccinated with a Johnson & Johnson shot in May. The effectiveness against the Delta variant is in question and I would like to get a "booster' shot from either Moderna or Pfizer. To my knowledge, the CDC has not yet recommended this.

Is anyone else in this boat and would local pharmacies refuse this? I would prefer to just explain the situation, but don't want to go back and forth.

Also, should I expect to be down with the flu when I get a booster shot after having a Johnson & Johnson shot?

I haven't seen any data come out yet, but I have read that they have begun some trials on mixing/matching, so I'd expect to see some data on that in the coming months. Doesn't help you in the interim, but that's all I've seen thus far.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

18 hours ago, beer 30 said:

I'm not sure I totally believe these numbers as it seems a little outrageous that so few could influence so many but then I look at politics and it all kind of seems to make sense.

Majority of Covid misinformation came from 12 people, report finds

It has to start this way though....just like Qanon.  You don't get that sort of bat#### crazy up and off the ground without a narrowly focused and controlled message early and often.  The only way to do that is to have a select few on the same page.  Once it's caught fire, their work is done.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

17 hours ago, Hastur said:

Put this under the 'May just be coincidental' tag:  I have 3 friends who are chiropractors, and all 3 are pretty strongly outspoken on social media against vaccines.  Does anyone else have chiropractor friends, and do you know where they stand on vaccines?

They are just bitter because they are not real Doctors.  Not to mention, their whole existence is similar to a magician.  When the guy tried that drop table trick on me, I laughed so hard.  Also, Alan from Two and a Half Men is a chiropractor, right?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

‘I’m sorry, but it’s too late’: Alabama doctor on treating unvaccinated, dying COVID patients (The Birmingham News/AL.com, 7/21/2021)

Quote

 

Dr. Brytney Cobia said Monday that all but one of her COVID patients in Alabama did not receive the vaccine. The vaccinated patient, she said, just needed a little oxygen and is expected to fully recover. Some of the others are dying.

“I’m admitting young healthy people to the hospital with very serious COVID infections,” wrote Cobia, a hospitalist at Grandview Medical Center in Birmingham, in an emotional Facebook post Sunday. “One of the last things they do before they’re intubated is beg me for the vaccine. I hold their hand and tell them that I’m sorry, but it’s too late.”

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

COVID patient in Louisiana says he'd opt for hospitalization again over vaccine (CBS News, 7/21/2021)

Quote

 

Roughly one in three Louisianans are fully vaccinated. This week, the state's health department reported the highest number of COVID-19 hospitalizations since late February. Scott Roe is one of them.  

"Here I am recovering, getting out of here finally tomorrow. Am I going to get a vaccine? No," Roe said. "Because there's too many issues with these vaccines."

This father, former baseball coach, small business owner and hunter caught COVID and then developed pneumonia.

"Before you got sick," Begnaud asked Roe, "if you would have had a chance to get the vaccine and prevent this, would you have taken the vaccine?"

"No," Roe said. "I would have gone through this, yes sir… Don't shove it down my throat. That's what local, state, federal administration is trying to do - shove it down your throat."

"What are they shoving," Begnaud asked, "the science?"

"No they're shoving the fact that that's their agenda," Roe said, "their agenda is to get you vaccinated."

"You know who Mr. Scalise is?" Begnaud asked Roe.

"I know who Steve Scalise is very well," Roe said.

Roe, who is a Republican, had not heard that Congressman Scalise had stepped into the forefront Tuesday as a vaccine proponent. Begnaud asked him to read the congressman's statement.

"He thinks it's safe and effective," Roe said.

"And what's your reaction?" Begnaud asked.

"Not proven," Roe said.

"But does his opinion change yours?" Begnaud asked.

"No, it does not," Roe said.

 

 

  • Laughing 1
  • Sad 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Nathan R. Jessep said:

That's our state, GB! Leading the forefront! :wall: :censored: 

JFC, you really can’t fix stupid.

I don’t know if it would have changed the election results but I really wish in hindsight that they didn’t hold back the Pfizer news so it wouldn’t affect the election. With this kind of stupid, we needed Trump falling all over himself saying that the vaccines were all his doing and that now everyone can de-mask if they take the vaccine. Would have been much harder for dummy here to have his talking points if Trump was waving the vaccine flag all over everything pre-election. Heck, this idiot would likely be saying “Of course I got the vaccine day 1, it’s American Indianuity that saved us from the Oriental virus. Go tigers!”

  • Like 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 7/20/2021 at 5:07 PM, Hastur said:

Put this under the 'May just be coincidental' tag:  I have 3 friends who are chiropractors, and all 3 are pretty strongly outspoken on social media against vaccines.  Does anyone else have chiropractor friends, and do you know where they stand on vaccines?

I have a BiL who is a chiropractor.  He’s a total nut job.  Born again, homophobic and very anti vax.  Never got his kids vaccinated.  I think his older kids, from a previous marriage, were vaxxed.  One of them is gay and I really thinks he believed there was a link between vaccines and sexual orientation.

Nobody in the family likes him very much. 🤷🏼‍♂️

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, cheeseypoof said:

I have a BiL who is a chiropractor.  He’s a total nut job.  Born again, homophobic and very anti vax.  Never got his kids vaccinated.  I think his older kids, from a previous marriage, were vaxxed.  One of them is gay and I really thinks he believed there was a link between vaccines and sexual orientation.

Nobody in the family likes him very much. 🤷🏼‍♂️

I talk to doctors regularly for my job and on several occasions one has said something like "most chiropractors are people who flunked out of medical school."

My first wife's grandmother passed away because she put too much faith in her chiropractor. She went to him with back pain and he made adjustment after adjustment and didn't suggest any other options when it wasn't working. What she really had was cancer, and by the time she went to a real doctor diagnose it, it was too late.

Not saying there aren't individual ones who are responsible and good at what they do, but I don't have much respect for the profession in general, and I can't say it surprises me than many of them are anti-vax. 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 hours ago, cubd8 said:

Question:

I was previously vaccinated with a Johnson & Johnson shot in May. The effectiveness against the Delta variant is in question and I would like to get a "booster' shot from either Moderna or Pfizer. To my knowledge, the CDC has not yet recommended this.

Is anyone else in this boat and would local pharmacies refuse this? I would prefer to just explain the situation, but don't want to go back and forth.

Also, should I expect to be down with the flu when I get a booster shot after having a Johnson & Johnson shot?

Pharmacies have to follow ACIP recommendations on the vaccines which currently states no mixing and matching or 3rd doses. You might come across a pharmacy that will do it but more than likely you will be denied as long as you’re being honest with them.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 hours ago, cubd8 said:

Question:

I was previously vaccinated with a Johnson & Johnson shot in May. The effectiveness against the Delta variant is in question and I would like to get a "booster' shot from either Moderna or Pfizer. To my knowledge, the CDC has not yet recommended this.

Is anyone else in this boat and would local pharmacies refuse this? I would prefer to just explain the situation, but don't want to go back and forth.

Also, should I expect to be down with the flu when I get a booster shot after having a Johnson & Johnson shot?

I could ask my brother about this as he's pretty well versed in this. I'm in the same boat as you but got mine in April 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 hours ago, The Commish said:

It has to start this way though....just like Qanon.  You don't get that sort of bat#### crazy up and off the ground without a narrowly focused and controlled message early and often.  The only way to do that is to have a select few on the same page.  Once it's caught fire, their work is done.

I just saw an article in the Intercept today reading it at work. One of their journalists went undercover as some random twitter dude pretending to be a Trump supporter. Been undercover with the account since 2016. He was doing a study of what these people believe. He came out shaking his head. 

What he'd do is come up with the craziest most insane lies he could 

for example every liberal has a job destroying Trump votes in 2016 election who worked at the polls

Well every lie he told these MAGA's ate it up and believed every single thing he posted. Some of the stuff he put out is just obvious trolling them and they took it like it was a biblical fact. He said he was utterly shocked what many of these people believed without research and believing some random non expert online. 

I keep saying to myself whoever runs Qanon I hope is just someone trolling Trump supporters and unfortunately it just went too overboard (Causing violence at the Capital) that he knew the supporters would just eat up. I'm really hoping someone comes out unmasking themselves and says "Surprise I fooled all of you non of that Q stuff is really true but you all fell for it anyway." 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, cheeseypoof said:

I have a BiL who is a chiropractor.  He’s a total nut job.  Born again, homophobic and very anti vax.  Never got his kids vaccinated.  I think his older kids, from a previous marriage, were vaxxed.  One of them is gay and I really thinks he believed there was a link between vaccines and sexual orientation.

Nobody in the family likes him very much. 🤷🏼‍♂️

My Uncle's Father in-law is one of those nut jobs but he's not a Chiropractor. When we did a Zoom call on Christmas he was at his In-laws and apparently his FIL was upset with him because of some looney tune right wing conspiracy thing of China using Zoom to steal our info. 

My Aunt who is a nut job is an Anti vexer and no-one likes her. When I was helping my dad with the properties my One Uncle and my Dad's oldest brother helped us almost everyday. He'd get texted from my aunt on all the Anti vax BS he ended up blocking her. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, DJackson10 said:

I just saw an article in the Intercept today reading it at work. One of their journalists went undercover as some random twitter dude pretending to be a Trump supporter. Been undercover with the account since 2016. He was doing a study of what these people believe. He came out shaking his head. 

What he'd do is come up with the craziest most insane lies he could 

for example every liberal has a job destroying Trump votes in 2016 election who worked at the polls

Well every lie he told these MAGA's ate it up and believed every single thing he posted. Some of the stuff he put out is just obvious trolling them and they took it like it was a biblical fact. He said he was utterly shocked what many of these people believed without research and believing some random non expert online. 

I keep saying to myself whoever runs Qanon I hope is just someone trolling Trump supporters and unfortunately it just went too overboard (Causing violence at the Capital) that he knew the supporters would just eat up. I'm really hoping someone comes out unmasking themselves and says "Surprise I fooled all of you non of that Q stuff is really true but you all fell for it anyway." 

Not likely.  The people creating that content on youtube and the like are making millions off of advertising.  They aren't stopping.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 hours ago, Pip&#x27;s Invitation said:

I talk to doctors regularly for my job and on several occasions one has said something like "most chiropractors are people who flunked out of medical school."

My first wife's grandmother passed away because she put too much faith in her chiropractor. She went to him with back pain and he made adjustment after adjustment and didn't suggest any other options when it wasn't working. What she really had was cancer, and by the time she went to a real doctor diagnose it, it was too late.

Not saying there aren't individual ones who are responsible and good at what they do, but I don't have much respect for the profession in general, and I can't say it surprises me than many of them are anti-vax. 

FWIW - years ago a friend of mine was being treated at Dana Farber for his cancer. His GP originally told him his problems were stress related. A couple of the other patients he became friendly with also said that they were originally diagnosed incorrectly by their MDs.

I'm not sure that misdiagnosing cancer is primarily a chiropractic thing.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

19 minutes ago, IvanKaramazov said:

"This could just be a coincidence, but I've noticed that quite a few chiropractors have adopted a view that mainly exists outside the outer fringes of the medical community.  Weird, right?"

You mean like Spinal manipulation can boost immunity? I hope it's a minority view in the profession, especially now that there are proven vaccines. 

Pseudoscience will never go away. No one was able to get the James Randi million dollar paranormal prize, but thousands tried. But now we have the FDA promoting a hope drug for people with Alzheimer's Disease, which damages the credibility of the real science. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, DJackson10 said:

I just saw an article in the Intercept today reading it at work. One of their journalists went undercover as some random twitter dude pretending to be a Trump supporter. Been undercover with the account since 2016. He was doing a study of what these people believe. He came out shaking his head. 

What he'd do is come up with the craziest most insane lies he could 

for example every liberal has a job destroying Trump votes in 2016 election who worked at the polls

Well every lie he told these MAGA's ate it up and believed every single thing he posted. Some of the stuff he put out is just obvious trolling them and they took it like it was a biblical fact. He said he was utterly shocked what many of these people believed without research and believing some random non expert online. 

Sounds like the plot of Mother Night. The reporter should convict himself of “crimes against himself”.

  • Laughing 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

19 hours ago, Nathan R. Jessep said:

That's our state, GB! Leading the forefront! :wall: :censored: 

The news is not all bad, though this is only Saintsreport anecdotes (scroll up and down, or wait a few hours for more anecdotes to be posted). Still love seeing that vaccinations have suddenly come back in high demand down here, even among formerly professed anti-vaxxers.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 hours ago, Pip&#x27;s Invitation said:

I talk to doctors regularly for my job and on several occasions one has said something like "most chiropractors are people who flunked out of medical school."

My first wife's grandmother passed away because she put too much faith in her chiropractor. She went to him with back pain and he made adjustment after adjustment and didn't suggest any other options when it wasn't working. What she really had was cancer, and by the time she went to a real doctor diagnose it, it was too late.

Not saying there aren't individual ones who are responsible and good at what they do, but I don't have much respect for the profession in general, and I can't say it surprises me than many of them are anti-vax. 

I think his stance on traditional modern medicine (not a big proponent) had a major influence on the passing of his wife (his second wife who was my wife's sister) of ovarian cancer a few months ago.  Delayed diagnosis and treatment.  She also ditched her cancer treatment midstream for a more holistic natural medicine treatment, which just exacerbated her condition significantly.  I'm sure she did so at his urging/recommendation.

Terrible situation all around.

  • Sad 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 7/7/2021 at 2:44 PM, jobarules said:

Tons of reddit stories of people getting breakthrough infections. Im guessing the Delta variant. As more time passes I bet we hear the efficacy #s of the vaccine will start dropping dramatically. 95% always seemed way too unrealistic.

 

On 7/7/2021 at 2:48 PM, jobarules said:

Yeah and it was said to be 88% effective against Delta. That #s will turn out to be unrealistic as well.

Always listen to reddit

  • Like 1
  • Laughing 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Looking at CDC data to determine if my teenage son should get vaccinated.  

21 per million that age getting covid get hospitalized (CDC stat)

40.6 per million age 12-29 get mycarditis from the vaccine (CDC stat)

67 per million age 12-18 get mycarditis from the vaccine (WSJ article)(CDC stat)

That seems to make him more at risk getting the vaccine than not.  He has always had severe fevers(100+) from all of the baby/childhood vaccines.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 minutes ago, brettdj said:

Looking at CDC data to determine if my teenage son should get vaccinated.  

21 per million that age getting covid get hospitalized (CDC stat)

40.6 per million age 12-29 get mycarditis from the vaccine (CDC stat)

67 per million age 12-18 get mycarditis from the vaccine (WSJ article)(CDC stat)

That seems to make him more at risk getting the vaccine than not.  He has always had severe fevers(100+) from all of the baby/childhood vaccines.

Are these stats accurate? I thought I read 10% of children with covid are hospitalized (I thought that # was high)

Right now, we are not getting our 12 year old vaccinated (he turned 12 last month). Still nervous about the myocarditis. We are going to Florida on vacation in 3 weeks. Will have him mask up indoors there. If he doesnt get sick there we will reevaluate. If schools force all children to wear masks I see little incentive to vaccinate him & if the stats above are true even moreso.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

So my vaccinated daughter along with four others she knows got it a month ago.  Two of them were her 4 and 6 year old kids.  

She had a rough few days with trouble breathing and chest pain.  She went to ER one night when it was bad, but they sent her home.  

X-rays this week show that her lungs are still in solid shape.  In the top 5 percent according to her doctor from what he is seeing.  Doctor said most of the unvaccinated are going to have major issues with their lungs.  

She got it from her daughter's.  They had fevers up to 102.5 and doctor said they had croup.  We all know think a lot of doctors are saying croup as they are tired of hearing all the crap from anti people.  

So daughter was sparred major issues because she was vaccinated.  Same with her recent ex who got when it was his turn to have the kids. 

My wife and I didn't get it.  And we both were in very close contact with the grand daughter's when they had their fevers.  

They never said it was going to be 100 percent on the vaccine from the start.  But 95 or 88 percent certainly helped daughter not have major issues and us from not getting it.   And I have major lung issued from two lung clots in 2009.  

Stay careful out there. 

 

ETA: She is having issues with taste and smell.  Can't really smell anything when she wakes up, and then it gets slowly better, but not perfect throughout the day.

 

Edited by Getzlaf15
Link to comment
Share on other sites

52 minutes ago, brettdj said:

Looking at CDC data to determine if my teenage son should get vaccinated.  

21 per million that age getting covid get hospitalized (CDC stat)

40.6 per million age 12-29 get mycarditis from the vaccine (CDC stat)

67 per million age 12-18 get mycarditis from the vaccine (WSJ article)(CDC stat)

That seems to make him more at risk getting the vaccine than not.  He has always had severe fevers(100+) from all of the baby/childhood vaccines.


This data is evolving rapidly with the new variant. Old data is worthless. View it like home/away splits. 

Hospitalization rates as share of admissions among 0-19yo is up 500% in the past 3-4 months in one state that's doing a good job of tracking/reporting.  Looking at 4 states nearby, between 20-40% of kids being admitted are heading to the ICU. Most of those states are admitting kids at the highest rates thus far. Data was shared in the covid thread. 

Certainly nothing to panic over at this point, but the narrative that kids are "immune" to this is not longer valid. 

Edited by [icon]
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, brettdj said:

Looking at CDC data to determine if my teenage son should get vaccinated.  

21 per million that age getting covid get hospitalized (CDC stat)

40.6 per million age 12-29 get mycarditis from the vaccine (CDC stat)

67 per million age 12-18 get mycarditis from the vaccine (WSJ article)(CDC stat)

That seems to make him more at risk getting the vaccine than not.  He has always had severe fevers(100+) from all of the baby/childhood vaccines.

From what I've read the vaccine-related myocarditis is rare, not a big deal, and basically goes away on its own in a few days.

Fevers aren't great but we know how to handle them.

I'd be more concerned about the short & long term effects of COVID than the likelihood of the things you listed. If my kid were old enough I'd get her jabbed right now.

 

ETA: The other COVID concern is even if your kid has zero complications from a COVID infection, he could be the host that spawns a variant worse than Delta. We're all in this together, GB.

Edited by VandyMan
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
  • Create New...