Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Will you get a Covid vaccine when available?

gianmarco

Covid vaccine  

451 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

39 minutes ago, brettdj said:

How about not having to sign away liability of the pharmaceutical company.  If it is safe then stop this requirement.

Pretty sure in the litigious society we live in today there is zero chance of that happening. It's kinda been proven that they are safe but there has still been folks that have passed away even with being vaccinated. If you think that one of any of the thousands of families this applies to wouldn't sue a big pharma company you live in a different reality than I do.

On 7/29/2021 at 10:48 PM, jobarules said:

Get vaccinated!

However, you still need to wear a mask, you still need to get tested, you still need to quarantine if positive, you still may get covid, and you still can spread covid.

GREAT JOB AMERICA!

Pretty sure this isn't unique to America.  A lot of countries never removed mask requirements.

Both teenagers (15 and 13) received their second shot yesterday. Have an 11 year old not eligible.

Our family is back to wearing masks in public spaces for her sake.  

This sucks. But it's the way it is and will be going forward for many years. The new reality.

• Like 12
  • Thanks 1

United Airlines just announced that all of their employees will need to be vaccinated in the next couple of months or risk termination.  

Strongest stance by a large company I've seen so far.   :thumbup:

• Like 6
  • Love 2

Delta variant, Louisiana doctors, slowly cracking vaccine resistance (Reuters, 8/8/2021)

PONCHATOULA, La. - The crowd inside Floyd's Family Pharmacy was abuzz with an agitated energy. 

Whether arriving for scheduled COVID vaccines or testing, people were motivated in part by fear of the Delta variant taking hold across the country as well as in this stately town surrounded by lush forests, strawberry fields and swamps an hour north of New Orleans. 

Head pharmacist Floyd Talley was at the center of the action, one minute donning full protective gear to carry out nasal swabs in the parking lot. The next, he was back in his white jacket, fielding questions from moms about possible COVID symptoms their children displayed. 

"There is a huge uptick in the request for vaccines," Talley said. "We're back almost to how we were when the vaccine first came out." 

Those lining up for jabs say many reasons had made them reluctant before, including questions about approval by the Food and Drug Administration and the loss of a sense of urgency when cases earlier started to fall. Other areas with low rates of vaccination - Louisiana has one of the lowest in the country - would be wise to recognize that motives can be mixed, doctors here said, and find innovative ways to address concerns. 

Nobody in Ponchatoula is even considering a vaccine mandate - that would likely lead to a counterproductive backlash in this deeply conservative patch of a deeply red state. 

Instead, local leaders have made it less convenient to pass up vaccination with such measures as a recent schools' directive that unvaccinated teachers and students exposed to the virus would be forced to quarantine, with teachers not receiving any extra sick days as they did last year. 

Louisiana State University said unvaccinated students would have to provide monthly proof of a negative coronavirus test. Pharmacist Talley said the prospect of that regular inconvenience prompted a rush of college kids to start coming for the vaccine. 

While none of these measures is as straightforward and forceful as doctors in the area might want, they say they are beginning to have an impact. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

The lack of clarity from my kids school on covid stuff is frustrating.  They are "considering all options". It sounds as if vaccinated kids will be given some leeway though.  

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, culdeus said:

The lack of clarity from my kids school on covid stuff is frustrating.  They are "considering all options". It sounds as if vaccinated kids will be given some leeway though.  

lawyers are running the show here.  kids must be masked up, as of now.  regardless of vaccination status.  :shrug:  

58 minutes ago, culdeus said:

We are 2 weeks out from start of school and none of the schools in this area have announced anything that I've seen. I'm guessing they're watching our numbers climb and scrambling for plans.

The news is not the headline -- not the deaths at the church -- but rather the pastor's attitude, leadership, and actions.

Florida church reeling after six members die within 10 days amid spike in cases (Washington Post, 8/9/2021)

For George L. Davis, a bishop at Impact Church in Jacksonville, getting vaccinated against the coronavirus was an act of faith. He says that he believes in divine creation, and that the shot is a miracle — a sign of God guiding scientists in their attempts to curb a devastating virus.

Yet, for his nondenominational congregation, the provenance of a lifesaving tool was not as obvious.

The hesitancy was clear from the beginning. When cases surged, some of Davis’s congregation, which numbers more than 6,000 parishioners, had a different idea of the pandemic’s effects.

One spat back false information to the pastor. Others did not trust government and health officials. Davis said he tried to bridge the gap — enacting safety measures from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, encouraging vaccinations when doses were made available, and discussing the virus on social media.

Still, he said, some did not listen. Six of the church’s members, Davis said, died of covid-19, the disease caused by the novel coronavirus, in 10 days. Four of them were healthy and younger than 35; all were unvaccinated.

“It’s very frustrating knowing that these were avoidable deaths,” he said. “You also don’t want the loved ones who are left behind to feel horrible and don’t want to seem like I’m putting guilt onto them, but the reality is, I know that these people would still be here had they gotten the shot.”

It was the devastation that “emboldened” Davis to organize a vaccination drive after each of Sunday’s three services, he said — an unusual move for a Black pastor when the pandemic has divided people across spiritual, ideological and racial lines.

While Florida is among the states with the highest infection rates during the new virus surge, Davis’s attempts underscore widespread vaccine hesitancy and the ongoing debate between science and some religious leaders — one that has been especially exacerbated by the pandemic.

Edited by Doug B

(Cross-posted from main FFA COVID thread)

An incomplete tally of fatal vaccine hesitancy (The Why Axis [Substack], 8/9/2021)
Over and over again, surviving family members urge others to get vaccinated

There have been a lot of news stories recently about people who died after either refusing to get the vaccine or simply not getting around to it. In most of these cases either the people themselves or their surviving family members ended up putting out impassioned pleas to the public to get vaccinated so as to avoid their fate.

I thought it might be useful to collect these stories in one place, as I haven’t seen that done anywhere. Each one is arresting in its own right, and the sheer totality of them is kind of overwhelming. Our brains our wired to make us respond more to individual narratives than to massive datasets (“a single death is a tragedy, a million deaths are a statistic” etc. etc.), so feel free to share this list with the vaccine-hesitant people in your life.

This list is necessarily incomplete so if you know of any stories that I missed drop me a message in the comments below, which are open to everyone. I’ve only included cases where news outlets are able to confirm that the victim is unvaccinated, and where the person’s identity is confirmed (there are many stories, for instance, about pastors talking about unvaccinated parishioners who died, or of doctors talking about their unvaccinated patients in the ICU). This list also excludes many stories of people who survived Covid and have since urged others to get vaccinated.

The social network for doctors is full of vaccine disinformation

Key Points

Doctors on the industry networking site Doximity are finding their news feed inundated with anti-vaccine comments from fellow physicians.

“You rarely get to the level of microchips in vaccines, but a lot of this stuff is pretty close to it,” said Dr. Paul Malarik, a retired psychiatrist who now volunteers with Covid-19 vaccine administration.

Doximity held its IPO in June and is now valued at over $10 billion.

• Sad 2

On 8/9/2021 at 12:10 PM, Maggot Brain said:

Here's my proposal: Anyone vaxxed or of other injury type goes to a normal hospital. Anyone unvaxxed who requires covid treatment is attended to by doctors spreading vaccine disinformation. 

ETA: With exception of < 18 of course.

Edited by BigJim®
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Love 2

Covid vaccine refuser died after terrible mistake, says partner (BBC, 8/5/2021)

A man who died with Covid after refusing to be vaccinated made a "terrible mistake" which put his family at risk, his partner has said.

Leslie Lawrenson, 58, died at his home in Bournemouth, Dorset, on 2 July.

His partner Amanda Mitchell, 56, who was seriously ill with Covid at the same time, said he thought the vaccines were too "experimental". She told the Stephen Nolan programme on BBC Radio 5 live: "I feel incredibly foolish. Les died unnecessarily."

Ms Mitchell said her partner, a Cambridge University graduate, decided against having a coronavirus jab after reading material on social media. She said: "It was a daily thing that he said to us: 'You don't need to have it, you'll be fine, just be careful.'

"He said to me: 'It's a gene thing, an experimental thing. You're putting something in your body that hasn't been thoroughly tested.'

"Les was highly educated... so if he told me something, I tended to believe it."

Daughter Carla Hodges, 35, said: "[Leslie] was so brainwashed by the stuff that he was seeing on YouTube and social media. "He said: 'A lot of people will die more from having the vaccine than getting Covid.'"

Ms Mitchell said she would be having the vaccine as soon as doctors declared her fit enough.

• Sad 1

Coachella, Other Goldenvoice Events and Venues to Require 'Proof of Full Vaccination' This Fall (People magazine/Yahoo, 8/12/2021)

Music company AEG Presents is looking to ensure that patrons at their venues and festivals stay COVID-free.

In an announcement Thursday, Coachella and Goldenvoice (AEG Presents) shared that attendees will be required to show full proof of vaccination before entering events they host starting Oct. 1.

"Goldenvoice will require proof of full vaccination for concertgoers and event staff at all of our venues and festivals," the statement read. "The vaccination policy, limited only as required by law, will be in full effect nationwide no later than October 1, 2021."

Until then, fans will be able to either show proof of vaccination or negative COVID test within 72 hours of the show date.

Among the venues are the El Rey Theater, Terminal 5, The Fonda Theatre, The Regency Ballroom, Webster Hall and The Roxy. AEG is also charged with festivals such as Stagecoach, the Buckeye Country Superfest, Camp Flog Gnaw, Day N Vegas, Firefly Music Festival, Hangout Music Festival and the New Orleans Jazz and Heritage Festival.

"Just a few weeks ago, we were optimistic about where our business, and country, were heading," AEG Presents CEO Jay Marciano said in a release announcing the changes. "The Delta variant, combined with vaccine hesitancy, is pushing us in the wrong direction again."

• Like 3

9 hours ago, Doug B said:

Love this in theory, but how hard can it be for people to show fake cards?  That said, every festival and many outdoor shows are going this direction probably in part because of the Lollapalooza #s, which were great and hopeful. From a business perspective a complete no brainer IMO. They can’t afford to be shutdown again.

Apparently Lollapalooza, that was vaxxed or recent neg test, wasn’t a super spreader event after all. Would love to believe that. Numbers seem almost too incredible to be true, but really hope they are legit.

Only 0.0004% of vaccinated attendees tested positive, and 0.0016% of unvaccinated attendees tested positive, Arwady said.

i’m kinda skeptical of that, but amazing news if true. The movement towards all vaxxed events is happening and that is proof that private businesses can have a large role in helping end this.

https://abc7chicago.com/covid-lollapalooza-outbreak-super-spreader/10946665/

Schools going this direction will also be incredibly helpful. Hoping the FDA approval will be the event that turns the tide toward school mandates. In the meantime, the Supreme Court ruling in favot of Indiana University was also good news. Disappointed more schools didn’t have the stones to mandate them this year. Would’ve been a huge help.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.nbcnews.com/news/amp/ncna1276714

Edited by ericttspikes
  • Like 1

On 8/1/2021 at 9:29 AM, DA RAIDERS said:

I’m currently in HI. Masks are definitely being enforced. 

Thank goodness.

We’re about to break our record for covid hospitalizations. While it’s extremely painful to read and re-read all the anti-vax trope, anti-mask bravado ain’t helping things either.

• Like 3
  • Sad 2

On 8/12/2021 at 11:26 AM, BigJim® said:

Here's my proposal: Anyone vaxxed or of other injury type goes to a normal hospital. Anyone unvaxxed who requires covid treatment is attended to by doctors spreading vaccine disinformation. 

ETA: With exception of < 18 of course.

There's not enough fish tank cleaner and bleach injections for that tbh. 

On 8/12/2021 at 12:47 PM, Doug B said:

Covid vaccine refuser died after terrible mistake, says partner (BBC, 8/5/2021)

A man who died with Covid after refusing to be vaccinated made a "terrible mistake" which put his family at risk, his partner has said.

Leslie Lawrenson, 58, died at his home in Bournemouth, Dorset, on 2 July.

His partner Amanda Mitchell, 56, who was seriously ill with Covid at the same time, said he thought the vaccines were too "experimental". She told the Stephen Nolan programme on BBC Radio 5 live: "I feel incredibly foolish. Les died unnecessarily."

Ms Mitchell said her partner, a Cambridge University graduate, decided against having a coronavirus jab after reading material on social media. She said: "It was a daily thing that he said to us: 'You don't need to have it, you'll be fine, just be careful.'

"He said to me: 'It's a gene thing, an experimental thing. You're putting something in your body that hasn't been thoroughly tested.'

"Les was highly educated... so if he told me something, I tended to believe it."

Daughter Carla Hodges, 35, said: "[Leslie] was so brainwashed by the stuff that he was seeing on YouTube and social media. "He said: 'A lot of people will die more from having the vaccine than getting Covid.'"

Ms Mitchell said she would be having the vaccine as soon as doctors declared her fit enough.

This doesn't sound too far off from my Uncle (retired doctor) who died of Covid on Tuesday. But while we are mourning his unnecessary passing, I know of at least four people who knew him who have gotten the vaccine this week 

• Thanks 1

When I first ran across this opinion piece ... my first reaction was doubt. But unless a lot information in this column is fabricated, there could be some "there" there. Still not settled science yet.

Could the Covid Vaccine (and Others) Prevent Alzheimer’s? (Wall Street Journal, 8/5/2021)
There’s growing evidence that inoculation confers significant protective benefits.

"Covid vaccines enormously reduce the risk of death and hospitalization in those who have been infected by the novel coronavirus. But could they also help protect seniors against dementia and Alzheimer’s disease? There’s reason to hope so.

Growing evidence indicates that seniors who get vaccinated against illnesses such as tetanus and even the flu are much less likely to develop Alzheimer’s, the leading cause of dementia, characterized by a buildup of amyloid plaque and tau tangles in the brain. Scientists don’t completely understand why, but many hypothesize that vaccines generate a systemic immune response that can reduce inflammation in the brain, which results in neuron loss and cognitive decline.

Among the first pieces of evidence was a 2001 study that tracked roughly 3,600 Canadians over 65. After adjusting for age, sex and education, the researcher found that past vaccinations for diphtheria/tetanus, poliomyelitis and influenza were associated with a 59%, 40% and 25% lower risk for Alzheimer’s, respectively.

The study had shortcomings. The differences discovered between the vaccinated and unvaccinated groups could have been due to confounding variables. People who get vaccinated, for instance, may also be more likely to get regular checkups and suffer fewer underlying conditions like diabetes that increase the risk for Alzheimer’s.

But more-recent studies controlled for these factors and still found a strongly beneficial association between vaccines and Alzheimer’s. A research article published in the Journals of Gerontology in April examined the link between Alzheimer’s and the Tdap (tetanus, diphtheria and pertussis) vaccine. By using health records from the Veterans Health Administration and a large database of private medical claims for seniors over 65, researchers could adjust for variables such as demographics, health-services utilization, health conditions and medications. After these adjustments, they found that seniors who had received the Tdap vaccine had a 42% lower risk of developing dementia than those who hadn’t."

• Thinking 2

On 8/8/2021 at 6:11 PM, Nathan R. Jessep said:

We are 2 weeks out from start of school and none of the schools in this area have announced anything that I've seen. I'm guessing they're watching our numbers climb and scrambling for plans.

We just finished week 2 - we’ve gotten about 8 notices of COVID positive classmates for our two still in school (both vaxxed).  They report basically nobody is wearing mask, lots of kids out sick and we are not doing contact tracing. Kid sitting next to you has Covid - no worries, come to school.  Your family has Covid - no worries, come to school.  It’s complete idiocy.  We may get to herd immunity yet - scared what it will take to get there though.

Edited by AAABatteries
  • Sad 4

1 hour ago, AAABatteries said:

We just finished week 2 - we’ve gotten about 8 notices of COVID positive classmates for our two still in school (both vaxxed).

Same here, except I have only one kid in high school. Each day this week, they've texted parents with "We've had a COVID case on campus". Today, they sent two of those texts, and it wasn't a duplicate.

They sent home about 60 kids between Monday and Tuesday for close-contact quarantining, including my son Tuesday. He missed school Wednesday because we weren't notified until that afternoon that vaccinated kids didn't have to quarantine. The school didn't have a copy of his vaccination card -- I rectified that in short order.

His high school has a hard mask mandate for staff and students, but fairly few of the kids are vaccinated. A lot of kids have their noses out and otherwise wear the masks irresponsibly when they can get away with it.

My son said the last two days, they're still calling out long lists of names over the intercom to be immediately sent home for COVID quarantine. This is not a mega-school -- quarantining several dozen kids is something like 1/3 of the student body.

Edited by Doug B
  • Sad 2

11 minutes ago, Doug B said:

Same here, except I have only one kid in high school. Each day this week, they've texted parents with "We've had a COVID case on campus". Today, they sent two of those texts, and it wasn't a duplicate.

They sent home about 60 kids between Monday and Tuesday for close-contact quarantining, including my son Tuesday. He missed school Wednesday because we weren't notified until that afternoon that vaccinated kids didn't have to quarantine. The school didn't have a copy of his vaccination card -- I rectified that in short order.

His high school has a hard mask mandate for staff and students, but fairly few of the kids are vaccinated. A lot of kids have their noses out and otherwise wear the masks irresponsibly when they can get away with it.

My son said the last two days, they're still calling out long lists of names over the intercom to be immediately sent home for COVID quarantine. This is not a mega-school -- quarantining several dozen kids is something like 1/3 of the student body.

It’s completely baffling to me that we can’t require masks and do contact tracing.  The decisions makers are morons.

Edited by AAABatteries
  • Thanks 2
  • Sad 1

On 8/13/2021 at 4:12 PM, EZD222 said:

Just got the mRNA supplemental at SF General. Let's see what this JNJ/Moderna combo can do/stop. Not looking forwarding to the chills in 12 hours though.

Forget what a kick this thing is. Hoping I only have to do this every year and the side effects scale down.

22 minutes ago, bcat01 said:

Without getting into much detail, there's a lot of questionable stuff in that story.  That seems very unlikely to be vaccine related at all.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

On 8/13/2021 at 5:42 PM, AAABatteries said:

It’s completely baffling to me that we can’t require masks and do contact tracing.  The decisions makers are morons.

I live in a state with quite possibly the second most moronic governor ever to be elected (FL has #1 wrapped up). Continues to not allow mask mandates or contact tracing. In the meantime, two of my grandkids had to get tested as 18 fellow students and 4 teachers tested positive in week ONE of school, including one student and the teacher in my grandson's class. Other schools have already had to suspend in-school attendance. Yet we have idiotic parents outside of the schools protesting those that dare defy the governor's mandates and require masks. It's just unreal. I weep for what this country has become.

• Sad 4

39 minutes ago, gianmarco said:

Without getting into much detail, there's a lot of questionable stuff in that story.  That seems very unlikely to be vaccine related at all.

Just sad to see. I have no idea what she has but it’s just a shame that Carlson and the mom are going to get people killed. This is 100% about trying to get people to not vaccinate. It’s just so sad that we were in such a great position to kick CV out of the US but we couldn’t because of politics.

One thing buried in the story that truly irks me is Facebook and social media. The contribution that Facebook has made to this pandemic has truly killed people, no question. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, stbugs said:

Just sad to see. I have no idea what she has but it’s just a shame that Carlson and the mom are going to get people killed. This is 100% about trying to get people to not vaccinate. It’s just so sad that we were in such a great position to kick CV out of the US but we couldn’t because of politics.

One thing buried in the story that truly irks me is Facebook and social media. The contribution that Facebook has made to this pandemic has truly killed people, no question. 

But remember…..Tucker isn’t anti-vax.  We’ve been reminded of that in here over and over.

56 minutes ago, Alex P Keaton said:

But remember…..Tucker isn’t anti-vax.  We’ve been reminded of that in here over and over.

Here's a hint.  When someone refuses to say whether they've been vaccinated, it means they've been vaccinated but want to discourage others from getting vaccinated.

10 hours ago, stbugs said:

There's a reason the nuts obsess with the tiny fraction of media who don't go along with everything the government tells them, while never questioning the 95% of media, government bureaucrats and lifelong politicians who all repeat the same thing. Some people are incapable of thinking independently and want everyone who disagrees with the norm silenced. 

11 hours ago, ghostguy123 said:

Trump and Covid are going to be the root cause of an actual Civil War

Over 6 months after he's out of office and still obsessed with Trump.  Rarely hear a peep from the Trump haters about Biden. Still the same old thing. Tucker, Trump, and a handful of other folks are the reason for all the world's problems. Not the lifelong politicians or 95% of media who are in lockstep deluded your mind and convincing you that other Americans are the problem and not the people in charge for decades.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, flapgreen said:

Over 6 months after he's out of office and still obsessed with Trump.  Rarely hear a peep from the Trump haters about Biden. Still the same old thing. Tucker, Trump, and a handful of other folks are the reason for all the world's problems. Not the lifelong politicians or 95% of media who are in lockstep deluded your mind and convincing you that other Americans are the problem and not the people in charge for decades.

When it comes to the anti-vax, anti-mask crowd there’s good reason why Trump gets brought up…it’s his people. During his presidency he decided that COVID restrictions and mitigation efforts would something he and his supporters would rage against. That legacy continues today with politicians, especially governors in the south continuing what he started in an effort to win support from his base. If you don’t understand why this keeps pointing back at Trump and not Biden, I don’t know what to tell you.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 4

12 hours ago, gianmarco said:

I’ve had two different people tell me that they’ve had family members have a similar reaction. In one case, a 32 yr old woman previously healthy now is partially paralyzed. The guy that told me is personally very pro vaccine and had no complications but is obviously very saddened by what happened to his cousin.

1 hour ago, flapgreen said:

Hey Trumpateer, just because I mention Trump being at fault for something doesnt automatically mean I fault him for every problem that exists, or that he is the ONLY reason something is happening.

But, that's debate these days.  Way too much putting words in the other person's mouth only to have what could be a conversation spiral completely out of control into an argument where no points are being made, and if they are they sure arent being heard by the other side.  

Said this before, but Trump shoulda won the election.  Had he talked about beating Covid rather than all the ridiculousness he spewed he would still be president.  Easily.  Heck he coulda made millions upon millions patenting Trump masks.  I think he would have destroyed Biden in a landslide.  Biden is a total puppet that had no business winning.

Back to my original point that I stand by, the country is heading towards a civil war of some sort, and the MAIN reason for it is Trump.  He is the master of dividing people.

Posted (edited)
21 minutes ago, JetMaxx said:

I’ve had two different people tell me that they’ve had family members have a similar reaction. In one case, a 32 yr old woman previously healthy now is partially paralyzed. The guy that told me is personally very pro vaccine and had no complications but is obviously very saddened by what happened to his cousin.

There are very rare cases of Guillain-Barré syndrome which causes paralysis after the vaccine (and other vaccines). I'll take you at your word, but considering we are dealing with third party reporting here, it would be absolutely extraordinary for you to know about one case personally. To know about two, well....

There are no other reports of "partial paralysis" following the vaccines. These kinds of events get reported. The only exception, which I'm assuming you aren't referring to, is facial paralysis (Bells palsy) that has also been reported.

And, all that said, this girl in the story doesn't seem to have any of that. The statement that she has been seen by several doctors and they believe she has a conversion disorder makes a ton of sense. That is not related whatsoever to the vaccine.

I'm not going to get into this very much but you can read about it here for some information on it. I'll just say that people that have this can be very difficult to deal with/treat because there is not a specific diagnosis to treat in the body outside of the mental component.

ETA -- Guillain-Barré after vaccine

There have been 100 cases reported out of 12 million doses given. That's 0.0008% chance of happening. Knowing 2 of those cases would be beyond remarkable. 

Edited by gianmarco
  • Thanks 2
  • Love 2

9 hours ago, flapgreen said:

If you expand this statement to both sides of the aisle, and include the other side of the media, you’re on to something. 

BOTH SIDES are at fault. 

term limits, or GTFO. 

• Thanks 1
  • Love 1

PSA for immunocompromised:  https://www.cdc.gov/media/releases/2021/s0813-additional-mRNA-mrna-dose.html

snip

Today, I signed CDC’s Advisory Committee on Immunization Practices’ (ACIP) recommendation that endorsed the use of an additional dose of COVID-19 vaccine for people with moderately to severely compromised immune systems after an initial two-dose vaccine series.

As it turns out I had an appointment with my doctor this morning and he said I should get the booster asap, as I fall into one of the groups for which it's now approved.  I checked with my local Walgreens and their systems can't process the booster yet but it should be ready in a day or 2.  So if you or a loved one qualifies, the booster is literally right around the corner, like this week. 

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

Just got the call for my two girls to enroll in the Pfizer study for 5-12 year olds. Couldn't say yes fast enough.

Getting the jab in 2 weeks. 66% chance of getting the vaccine. Will be unblinded once FDA gets approval so will get it either way. 

:excited:

• Like 5
  • Love 4

36 minutes ago, gianmarco said:

Just got the call for my two girls to enroll in the Pfizer study for 5-12 year olds. Couldn't say yes fast enough.

Getting the jab in 2 weeks. 66% chance of getting the vaccine. Will be unblinded once FDA gets approval so will get it either way. 

If they are still enrolling that is a really bad sign

41 minutes ago, gianmarco said:

How do you get this call

42 minutes ago, gianmarco said:

How did sign up for it? I was hoping that they would open it up to my 5 year old this fall, but now that that's looking like a pipedream, I may be looking to get into the study.

4 minutes ago, Capella said:

How do you get this call

2 minutes ago, Don Quixote said:

How did sign up for it? I was hoping that they would open it up to my 5 year old this fall, but now that that's looking like a pipedream, I may be looking to get into the study.

There's a local research facility here that has been doing the trials since it started (plus other clinical trials). My son was in it. I signed up the girls and unfortunately they were only given a handful of spots so they didn't get in. They apparently are opening up more spots so they called me.

• Thanks 2