What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Will you get a Covid vaccine when available? (3 Viewers)

Will you get a Covid vaccine when available?

• Yes, as soon as it comes out

Votes: 236 55.4%
  • Yes, but not for a while until some time passes

Votes: 93 21.8%
  • No, I don't think it will be safe

Votes: 19 4.5%
  • No, I don't think it will be effective

Votes: 5 1.2%
  • No, I already had Covid

Votes: 13 3.1%
  • Unsure, but leaning yes

Votes: 32 7.5%
  • Unsure, but leaning no

Votes: 28 6.6%

• Total voters
Some Employers require flu vaccines.

Some employers have random drug testing.

Some employers require your vaccine records.

Schools require vaccination records 

Some employers require background checks

:shrug:

Now that it's approved, I see this in the same list as a flu vaccine
Do those employers require those things AFTER you are hired?

i am calling it what it is, a company policy.  why aren't you pissed off about being "forced" to arrive on time.  you also have to have shoes on.  united airlines now has a policy of being vaccinated.  in that line of work, it makes a hell of a lot of sense.  same with heathcare
Adding a vaccine mandate AFTER you are hired is a lot different than making it a requirement of being hired.

Imagine working for a company for 10 years and all of a sudden the company mandates that all its employees must stop smoking or lose their job. There'd be a lot of pissed off people I'd bet. It's not what was agreed upon when getting hired.

"To go to X, you have to do Y" is a condition/stipulation.  If you don't want to do Y, then don't go to X.  That's a choice...not a mandate...unless, of course, it's coming from a court, which isn't the case here.  It's coming from private businesses and the like.

Imagine working for a company for 10 years and all of a sudden the company mandates that all its employees must stop smoking or lose their job. There'd be a lot of pissed off people I'd bet. It's not what was agreed upon when getting hired.
Imagine working for a company for 10 years and then them deciding to lay people off. That's not what was agreed to when they were hired. There'd be a lot of pissed off people I bet. And you know what? Tough. Things change.

That being said, now that the FDA approved I'm ok with employers forcing their employees to get vaccinated.

Showing your papers in order to eat in a restaurant or attend a movie is a whole other ballgame which I am 100% not ok with. 

That being said, now that the FDA approved I'm ok with employers forcing their employees to get vaccinated.

Showing your papers in order to eat in a restaurant or attend a movie is a whole other ballgame which I am 100% not ok with. 
Why are you against a business doing what they think is best for them?  

Last edited by a moderator:
I've worked for companies that went out of business, I've been laid off, my division was sold to another company, our vacation policies were changed, our pensions taken away, bonus structure changed, bonus removed. 401k match changed 

So yeah I've worked for companies where the policy I was hired under changed for everyone 

You had a choice, sign the new policy or be terminated :shrug:

I've worked for companies that went out of business, I've been laid off, my division was sold to another company, our vacation policies were changed, our pensions taken away, bonus structure changed, bonus removed. 401k match changed 

So yeah I've worked for companies where the policy I was hired under changed for everyone 

You had a choice, sign the new policy or be terminated :shrug:
None of your examples are a policy change of "if you don't do A you will be fired". You've moved the goal posts into another territory. 

None of your examples are a policy change of "if you don't do A you will be fired". You've moved the goal posts into another territory. 
Wut?   Anytime something changed, especially when you were sold to another company, you have to sign a document that says in a nutshell,. "I agree to these changes", if you do not sign the paper you will be terminated 

We lost 2 people to freaking dress code changes ffs.  A guy literally got fired because he couldn't wear jeans anymore but kept wearing them

Usually what happens is people sign the paper then go find another job

Again, my point was, I'm actually ok with employers forcing their employees to get vaccinated. However, saying nobody is being forced to because they can choose to not work there is just semantics and wordplay. A NYC teacher can't just choose to quit and start working as a police officer or insurance salesman. They are being forced to choose between their career or being unemployed. That's not really a choice for 99% of the population. I guess some fbgs have it good like that where working is more of a personal choice than an obligation. 

There are a number of requirements in order to attend restaurants, movies, and events. Some restaurants don’t allow children. Movie theaters check to make sure you’re clothed before allowing you in. Sporting events will check everything in your backpack to make sure you aren’t bringing in a beer.

Ive never really heard anyone complain about their loss of freedoms over these things, but now that we have a super contagious and deadly virus people think showing a vaccine card is a personal violation?

So, youre saying that you arent ok with the government requiring those things....got it. I agree. Also agree government shouldnt be telling they cant require those things either

Again, my point was, I'm actually ok with employers forcing their employees to get vaccinated. However, saying nobody is being forced to because they can choose to not work there is just semantics and wordplay. A NYC teacher can't just choose to quit and start working as a police officer or insurance salesman. They are being forced to choose between their career or being unemployed. That's not really a choice for 99% of the population. I guess some fbgs have it good like that where working is more of a personal choice than an obligation. 
The NYC teacher could probably move to Florida and teach at Capella’s preschool. 

There are a number of requirements in order to attend restaurants, movies, and events. Some restaurants don’t allow children. Movie theaters check to make sure you’re clothed before allowing you in. Sporting events will check everything in your backpack to make sure you aren’t bringing in a beer.

Ive never really heard anyone complain about their loss of freedoms over these things, but now that we have a super contagious and deadly virus people think showing a vaccine card is a personal violation?
My favorite is when they bring up "hippa"  

Imagine there being a pandemic that’s killed 600,000 people and still being dumb enough to lose your job bc you wouldn’t get vaccinated. 

Some Employers require flu vaccines.

Some employers have random drug testing.

Some employers require your vaccine records.

Schools require vaccination records 

Some employers require background checks

:shrug:

Now that it's approved, I see this in the same list as a flu vaccine

In the major hospital systems where I live and work, the flu shot is mandated.  However, you do not need to get it if you have an egg allergy or for certain religious beliefs.  Anyone else choosing not to get the flu shot keeps their job but has to wear a mask during flu season.

This.......sounds different.  Just saying.

Showing up on time isnt exactly the same thing as getting a vaccine.  Just saying.

Also, for most real jobs, you also dont get fired for being late.  There needs to be multiple lates then probably multiple chances with multiple levels of corrective action.

I cant decide if I am all for  mandate or not.  The fall out could be catastrophic nationwide.  I would support a mandate if done in such a way that doesnt give people the ability to find a similar job to what they do now at a place not mandating the vaccine, otherwise get ready for major problems.  

I am fine mandating the vaccine for everyone, but it has to be done BY everyone and all at the same time.
Question for you. Appreciate all your comments and way more importantly, all the work you have to do right now taking care of people.

When you were hired, did your company already have some vaccines that were required for employment?
@Nathan R. Jessep  Same question for you please. Thanks!

Question for you. Appreciate all your comments and way more importantly, all the work you have to do right now taking care of people.

When you were hired, did your company already have some vaccines that were required for employment?
@Nathan R. Jessep  Same question for you please. Thanks!

Yes (not saying you are about to, but dont put words in my mouth based on that answer, lol).

However, I will say this.  They sure weren't very serious about fact checking that kind of thing if ya catch my drift

In the major hospital systems where I live and work, the flu shot is mandated.  However, you do not need to get it if you have an egg allergy or for certain religious beliefs.  Anyone else choosing not to get the flu shot keeps their job but has to wear a mask during flu season.

This.......sounds different.  Just saying.
How so?  Serious question. If they have the same mandate wouldn't it be ok... Wear a mask if not vaccinated etc 

The issue right now is many of the people not wanting a vaccine also don't want any type of mask policy.

And I agree a government should probably not force business to vaccinate.  But it's also silly to have government say that business can't either.

Yes (not saying you are about to, but dont put words in my mouth based on that answer, lol).

However, I will say this.  They sure weren't very serious about fact checking that kind of thing if ya catch my drift
I asked as I wanted to see if hospitals around the country had the requirement for employment before Covid all started.  We have two major hospital systems in the Boise area.  They both came out and I think everyone has to be vaxxed by Nov 1. People went nuts.  But then they came out and said they've had this as policy forever.

Just wanted to know if this is a standard policy in hospitals around the US.

Thanks

Conveniently, the same day the FDA fully approved the Pfizer vaccine the Governor of NJ mandated all state employees be vaccinated.  If you don’t get vaccinated you’ll have to undergo mandatory covid testing 1-2 times per week.  I’m positive that was not a coincidence.  I believe that same policy applies to school employees, public schools at least.  Don’t have school aged children so I really didn’t pay attention to that.

Wasn’t stated but was implied that if you refuse both you will not be able to maintain your employment.

How so?  Serious question. If they have the same mandate wouldn't it be ok... Wear a mask if not vaccinated etc 

The issue right now is many of the people not wanting a vaccine also don't want any type of mask policy.

And I agree a government should probably not force business to vaccinate.  But it's also silly to have government say that business can't either.
It's different because it doesnt sound like there is an option to go with mask.

We have a mask mandate now, and have since this started.  Those of us vaccinated still have to wear masks.

So, this is much different than the flu shot because you have to get the shot AND wear a mask.  You cant just pick one.

So in the case of the Covid vaccine it would truly be mandatory.

I asked as I wanted to see if hospitals around the country had the requirement for employment before Covid all started.  We have two major hospital systems in the Boise area.  They both came out and I think everyone has to be vaxxed by Nov 1. People went nuts.  But then they came out and said they've had this as policy forever.

Thanks

I started my current job about 5 years ago.  I actually dont remember even talking to anyone about vaccine history much less showing documentation.

However I did for my original nursing job so maybe they just figured F it

Thanks
Here in Cali my wife started at a hospital in 2019 and had to totally redo her childhood vaccines because her mom lost the records. 

Funny side note: here they had the same rule about the flu shot. We’ve never gotten it, but she didn’t want to wear a mask all day at work. So she got her first ever flu shot to avoid wearing a mask at work in Oct 2019. :lmao: thanks, covid 

Civil War LOL. Half the country would just Instagram it and the other half couldn’t walk 12 feet to get to the battlegrounds. 
I'm unclear how this civil war is supposed to work. Most states and cities have Democrats-Republicans-people not in any party, living side by side. Do we all get Red or Blue uniforms? Do you just go outside and shoot your neighbor and hope the guy down the street doesn't blow up your house while you are out?

I'm unclear how this civil war is supposed to work. Most states and cities have Democrats-Republicans-people not in any party, living side by side. Do we all get Red or Blue uniforms? Do you just go outside and shoot your neighbor and hope the guy down the street doesn't blow up your house while you are out?
Muskets

I thought the CDC said the booster would not be available until sometime in September? Are people getting third doses and referring to them as boosters?
The best way that I’ve found to explain it to customers: two things are happening now - a change in protocol for immunocompromised people and a booster for the general public. The current recommendations are:

1. Three doses are recommended for immunocompromised people with the third dose recommended at least 28 days after the second. This is because their immune system doesn’t react enough to just two doses.

2. The general public is recommended to get a booster shot after at least 8 months because of fading protection over time.

I do believe that the recommendation will change to booster after 6 months. I think 8 months was chosen to avoid having a large chunk of the population become eligible all at once.

Imagine there being a pandemic that’s killed 600,000 people and still being dumb enough to lose your job bc you wouldn’t get vaccinated. 
Exactly. Everything you’ve worked hard for your entire life, and people are willing to give that up for two tiny little pokes in the arm. Unreal. We didn’t turn into zombies, we’re not magnetic, our food has far worse stuff in it than the vaccine. It’s literally two tiny pokes in the arm. Nothing more. 

Can I be Team Red and like this?

Is it??  I am a nurse, and we have damn near half our staff that will not get the vaccine.  I would confidently say most of them will choose to be fired if push comes to shove.

This is NOT a good thing.  Not for anyone.  Not for the remaining staff with already increased workloads, and not for patients getting subpar care because of it.

Personally, I want everyone to get vaccinated.  Stop your excuses and get vaccinated.

But as for the mandates and subsequent firings........careful what you wish for, especially right now when it seems everywhere is having a tough time finding staff.
Yeah, I wish everyone would get vaccinated, but it's pretty easy to see how hospital mandates would do more harm than good. 

Such a tough issue.

So I went to get my Covid booster this morning. Didn't get it. Not available yet. Whoever I talked to last week was wrong in telling me where, when and that I could get it.  Was told 7am. Wrong. 8am. Was told today that more people gave the same story and they wonder who it was giving out the false info. They all work for the same employer so obviously everyone isn't on the same page. And I was told by the person in charge (The Boss) there is a difference between a Covid booster and a 3rd shot. What?? Whatever. I will get called when I can get it. Won't be long.

One " positive" in a change in policy.  We had a strict no WFH policy.  Well it was announced last month when we were starting to talk about return to work, that the policy will be changing and that they are working out the details.   Look for future upcoming changes and training to start the approval process for teleworking permanently in some capacity 

Some of us have been pushing this movement for years to get a couple days at home, since 80% of our job can be done offsite

My company just sent out an email asking for vaccination dates (1 or 2 shots) for all employees. No mandates of any kind in writing, but I'm pretty sure this is CYA and it will come into play if/when needed.  

Users who are viewing this thread