What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Will you get a Covid vaccine when available? (4 Viewers)

Will you get a Covid vaccine when available?

• Yes, as soon as it comes out

Votes: 236 55.4%
  • Yes, but not for a while until some time passes

Votes: 93 21.8%
  • No, I don't think it will be safe

Votes: 19 4.5%
  • No, I don't think it will be effective

Votes: 5 1.2%
  • No, I already had Covid

Votes: 13 3.1%
  • Unsure, but leaning yes

Votes: 32 7.5%
  • Unsure, but leaning no

Votes: 28 6.6%

• Total voters
5-12 still on tap for Halloween timeframe? 

NY Post ran a story on the 4th kid to die in his school district.

Would be awesome to get at least 1 of my 3 protected (wife got her 3rd today, I'm scheduled for tomorrow). Other two are 3 and 2, so likely a while for them.
Be careful here. The article states the teen was the 4th PERSON to die from the school district. Not kid. The other 2 were teachers and an aide.

So based on the new CDC approval, I just went to schedule my Moderna booster with Rite-Aid.

I filled out all of the information (DOB, type of shot, date of second dose) and selected that I had an approved underlying health condition.  When I clicked submit, I got an "oops, you are not eligible under current regulations" for some reason.  When I go back to try to submit again, the form actually changed.  Now instead of being able to select underlying health condition (or a few other choices) it only asks whether you are severely immunocompromised or not.

My wife just scheduled hers and selected Immunocompromised on the drop down.  It was not a yes or no question on her form like 10 minutes before I did mine. 

All of the CVS appointments available for a booster are Pfizer.  Weird.  

Last edited by a moderator:
So based on the new CDC approval, I just went to schedule my Moderna booster with Rite-Aid.

I filled out all of the information (DOB, type of shot, date of second dose) and selected that I had an approved underlying health condition.  When I clicked submit, I got an "oops, you are not eligible under current regulations" for some reason.  When I go back to try to submit again, the form actually changed.  Now instead of being able to select underlying health condition (or a few other choices) it only asks whether you are severely immunocompromised or not.

My wife just scheduled hers and selected Immunocompromised on the drop down.  It was not a yes or no question on her form like 10 minutes before I did mine. 
I could not finish setting up my booster appointment on the Rite Aid site.  Went to CVS and sign up went smoothly.

Rite Aid site works now.  It looks like at least 30 appointments are available per store per day.  I scheduled mine for later in November just to account for being potentially out of it for a day or two, and to do it a week after my wife so that someone is fit to take care of our crazy children.  Plenty of slots though and easy to schedule now.

Got my Pfizer booster yesterday. After my 2nd shot just over 6mo ago I felt pretty lousy the next day, so I expected the same after the booster, but I feel surprisingly good today - had a slight headache this morning which some Advil cleared up, otherwise feel 100%.  Even the arm pain is a bit less than last time.

I tried Walgreens yesterday and it said I had to be immunocompromised, which I'm not. Today there's a list, one of which is "over 65" which I am. It took them a day to react to the CDC approval.

Got my Physer booster today at cvs.  Had J&J initially.  Playing college football on my ps2 to help recover quicker.  

Would there be any advantage to getting a different booster if I had two shots of Moderna? I had a covid infection before a vaccine was available to the general public. I am considering a J&J booster.

Would there be any advantage to getting a different booster if I had two shots of Moderna? I had a covid infection before a vaccine was available to the general public. I am considering a J&J booster.

I've had Moderna 2 x now

Never tested positive for Covid.

Currently waiting on Moderna for #3

Moderna seems to have the best efficacy, based on what I've read/heard.

Getting boosted (and flu shot) today.

Have Moderna and was open to a J&J or Pfizer boost, but even though the CVS website said I'd have a choice, I must have missed seeing the option and scheduled Moderna. I noticed before finalizing, but didn't care enough to go back to try to find the right place to select an alternative.

Thoughts and prayers for my lymph nodes.

The local news reported a NIH study, that has not been peer reviewed, suggests Moderna boosters for everyone regardless of which vaccine they first received. 

Getting boosted (and flu shot) today.

Have Moderna and was open to a J&J or Pfizer boost, but even though the CVS website said I'd have a choice, I must have missed seeing the option and scheduled Moderna. I noticed before finalizing, but didn't care enough to go back to try to find the right place to select an alternative.

Thoughts and prayers for my lymph nodes.

The booster, or flu shot, or a combination of the two, kicked my ###. It started with chills, turned into body aches and then a high grade fever. Fever broke around 4 am, but I still have body aches and chills today.

Both arms are sore, but not sore enough to effect day to day stuff.

Lymph nodes seem fine.

You probably were trying at the wrong time while they were in the process of updating their system. With two new vaccines being approved and the mix and match it changed eligibility significantly. Our system had options of 1st, 2nd and additional dose. When Pfizer was approved they added the ‘booster’ where additional dose was for immunocompromised Pfizer/Moderna and the booster was just Pfizer. That required you to choose Pfizer as your previous dose.

With all the approvals they rearranged the questions for booster starting with which vaccine you want then which vaccine you had and when your last dose would be. There were several questions that were up in the air right up to the final approval. With J&J it was if you could mix at 2 months and if that would be a full dose or half dose. There was also no eligibility restriction like there were for the other boosters.

So that was a lot to change in a system at once. Plus I’m sure that there was some sort of logic built into the system to try to avoid waste like putting a maximum of 20 Moderna booster appointments because the most you can get out of one vial. I’m just happy it wasn’t my job to figure that out.

2 consecutive weekends:

Had 21-yo granddaughter over for dinner again. Last time she was over I offered her $$ for getting vaccinated. Since that time her best friend also was pushing her to get vaccinated. At dinner granddaughter showed me her vax card for the 1st dose. Told her I was proud of her, and happy she was making herself and others safer, and gladly paid the bribe money. She gets more bribe money on the 2nd dose. 

Had 19-yo grandson over for dinner with his new GF, who I was meeting for the first time. He had refused to get vaccinated but suddenly his new GF convinced him to get it. He's fully vaxxed and I'm sworn to secrecy -- not telling his dad (my oldest son, who refuses to get vaxxed and is a bit overbearing about it with his kids still at home). I have no problem keeping that secret. Told grandson I was proud of him, and happy he was making herself and others safer. 

Whatever it takes. 

Still working on that oldest son, who's had COVID and believes his anitbodies now protect him. Today I gave him the recent NY Times article about antibody levels in COVID survivors (they vary widely) by way of information, and told him an antibody test will show him where he is antibody-wise, which is good knowledge to have. I know he wants to dig his feet in to resist, but I also know he's a glutton for factual information without opinion attached. We'll see how this goes. 

Got my flu shot a few minutes ago. Going to let my system process that for a couple days. Next week is my busy week of the month for work so eying next weekend to hunt down a booster shot. Twice Pfizered so I think I'll stick with that as my 3rd. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Moderna bootster Monday for me, Tuesday for my wife. We stagger them so we can help each other with reactions, if any.  I had no reaction to the 1st shot. When I got the second one, waited 15 minutes in the store, and got up to leave I knew something was off. It was like being 25% of the way towards lightheaded. The next day my temperature was up 1 degree and the only 2 places on my body that didn't hurt were my chest and my feet. Man I loved my feet that day. Next day, tired and happy to go back to work.

Went ahead and scheduled Moderna booster for tomorrow (had Pfizer x2 originally > 6 months ago, but all the pharmacies in my area have Moderna only right now). I was kinda hoping to mix/match anyways, even though there is a bit less study into whether it actually increases effectiveness at all. But Moderna seems to have the highest efficacy so far also, however the booster is 1/2 the original dose, I believe. I didn't have hardly any reactions to the first 2 shots, but we'll see.

I kinda went back and forth. I have a comorbidity (and that's what tipped me over the edge to get it) but otherwise fairly healthy and probably would be ok waiting also. Also a tiny bit worried that in some number of months they'll come out with a variant specific booster that I won't be eligible for, but I haven't really heard anything concrete there.

Got my flu shot a few minutes ago. Going to let my system process that for a couple days. Next week is my busy week of the month for work so eying next weekend to hunt down a booster shot. Twice Pfizered so I think I'll stick with that as my 3rd. 
You can get a booster and a flu shot at the same time. You are supposed to wait at least 14 days between if you get them separately. 

You can get a booster and a flu shot at the same time. You are supposed to wait at least 14 days between if you get them separately. 
Thanks. I'm not sure that's accurate. I know initially they said wait 14 days between in order to properly detect side effects. That became outdated with the new guidance they can be given together. I decided to space them a little bit. I'm not sure it's necessary to wait 14 days?

Thanks. I'm not sure that's accurate. I know initially they said wait 14 days between in order to properly detect side effects. That became outdated with the new guidance they can be given together. I decided to space them a little bit. I'm not sure it's necessary to wait 14 days?
@Biff84 part of his job is giving covid shots, he should be updated on the latest guidelines. 

Wife got her Moderna booster last weekend and her flu shot.  (She works in medical field.)  She felt a little off for a while but overall not bad.  Glad she got them as her first two Moderna shots were back in December and January.  

I only got a flu shot as I'm too young/healthy to qualify for a booster with current guidelines.  Flu shot was fine, but my damn arm hurt for 36ish hours.  Oh well.  

Fortunately, I don’t have any anti-vaccine/science people in my circle of close friends and family, and only a couple amongst coworkers and acquaintances. So I look to these forums to get an idea what the other “side” is thinking.

It came in handy today, when a guy working on my yard found out I had a medical background. He started with a snide comment about something being as unlikely as a kid dying from covid, and quickly transitioned to disjointed points about genetic engineering, myocarditis, gain of function research, liberal something or other and our “senile” president. He even mentioned a couple of contrarian podcasts. Overall, eerily similar to topics regurgitated elsewhere on this site, replete with scientific terms he clearly didn’t understand.

Without straying too far into psf fodder, he really seemed fixated on two ways to combat covid: ivermectin and Novavax.

While I kind-of understand where the ivermectin stuff comes from (but find it wacky how it totally eclipsed hydroxychloroquine as the conspiratorial drug darling), I don’t get the Novavax enthusiasm. Many of the same guys worried about delayed toxicity from “new” mRNA technology act like they’re interested in recombinant nanoparticles engineered by an insect virus. Other than it being unavailable (allowing dragging one’s feet in getting vaccinated), anyone know how this particular vaccine gained interest in the otherwise anti-vax crowd?

Does anyone know: Weren’t boosters approved for everyone 40 or over, no conditions necessary?
Didn’t seem like they was the case when I got my booster yesterday. Had to fill out a bunch of paperwork stating I have some underlying condition to get it. 

Twice Pfizered. Would you stick with Pfizer booster or mix it up and go Moderna?
Don’t think it matters much.

FWIW, my 3rd Pfizer was the only one I experienced much in the way of side effects. But I suspect mixing vaccines might yield even more (no data, just a hunch), with only a nominal increase in efficacy.

Unless you’re immunocompromised, in which case I favor Moderna from the get-go, and would take any incremental increase in vaccine efficacy I could get.

Can anyone verify that pulmonary embolism is on the list that would allow someone under 65 to get a booster?  I'm almost certain it is but I've seen lists where it is included and others where it is not included and don't want to waste anyone's time or jump the line if it isn't.

Don’t think it matters much.

FWIW, my 3rd Pfizer was the only one I experienced much in the way of side effects. But I suspect mixing vaccines might yield even more (no data, just a hunch), with only a nominal increase in efficacy.

Unless you’re immunocompromised, in which case I favor Moderna from the get-go, and would take any incremental increase in vaccine efficacy I could get.
Oh it matters...IT MATTERS!!!! #TeamModerna

Shirts and hats should arrive next week, taking pre-orders

Does anyone know: Weren’t boosters approved for everyone 40 or over, no conditions necessary?
Didn’t seem like they was the case when I got my booster yesterday. Had to fill out a bunch of paperwork stating I have some underlying condition to get it. 
Thanks. Do we know what kind of things now count as "underlying conditions" for booster purposes? Is it still specific immunodificiency-causing diseases, and cancer treatment and things like that? Or is it now down to sufficient BMI, high blood pressure, asthma, etc.?

Users who are viewing this thread