What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Will you get a Covid vaccine when available? (3 Viewers)

Will you get a Covid vaccine when available?

• Yes, as soon as it comes out

Votes: 236 55.4%
  • Yes, but not for a while until some time passes

Votes: 93 21.8%
  • No, I don't think it will be safe

Votes: 19 4.5%
  • No, I don't think it will be effective

Votes: 5 1.2%
  • No, I already had Covid

Votes: 13 3.1%
  • Unsure, but leaning yes

Votes: 32 7.5%
  • Unsure, but leaning no

Votes: 28 6.6%

• Total voters
CDC will not state their percent of vaccination of employees. Wtf.
The CDC has lied and manipulated so many times NO ONE should beleive anything they say at this point. Heck, they changed the definition of a 'vaccine' to fit the garbage they are pimping because real doctors were coming out stating it's not a vaccine by definition.  Natural immunity is 100% better than any shot. They are lying when they said that the shot is more effective.

Thank you Aaron Rodgers. We need more high profile guys talking about the risks of this garbage and that treatments are available that are effective, especially when given within 5 days of symptoms.

Ivermectin.   :headbang: :thumbup:   The more high profile people coming out stating it's effectiveness, the more they cannot ignore it.

Anything from Children's Health Defense can be summarily ignored. Dozens -- if not hundreds -- of websites in the same bucket.
Ah yes, that excuse.   :lol:

Obviously you didn't watch the video which verifies the article. 

From that antivaxxer misinformation site:

"ORDER TODAY: Robert F. Kennedy, Jr.'s New Book — 'The Real Anthony Fauci'"

"3 More Reports of Teen Deaths After COVID Vaccines, as Reported Injuries Exceed 850,000"

Nothing says "credibility" like Robert F. Kennedy, Jr.
Another one who calls it fake yet the video proves its real.

Obviously you didn't watch the video which verifies the article.
Nothing worthwhile comes from videos. There is no conspiracy, no "secret information they don't want you to know." You know how you don't believe "the narrative" and you think a lot of stuff is being covered up and we're being lied to? I'm your flip side -- it's sites like Children's Health Defense and their ilk that I believe are lying to me. I believe people who make independent videos and get shot down by YouTube ... those people are lying to me. Joe Rogan is lying to me. And so on.

Of course none of you respond to this.
You keep saying the same thing over and over.  People react adversely to the polio vaccine, the flu shot, etc.  Lining up a few unfortunate souls to spread disinformation to sell books and/or advance political careers is immoral and reprehensible.  Believe it or not, people did land on the moon, the earth is not flat, and getting the covid vaccine is better than snorting horse tranquilizers.   If you're looking for a more sympathetic audience, I'd suggest heading on over to patriots.win.

Wife (who is an educator) got Moderna booster yesterday. She had her school ID with her but said they didn't even ask for any sort of criteria she met to get boosted. Sore arm, minor aches and pains that Advil has taken care of.

Trying to decide if I should get boosted now then too if they're just giving them to anyone here.

The CDC has lied and manipulated so many times NO ONE should beleive anything they say at this point. Heck, they changed the definition of a 'vaccine' to fit the garbage they are pimping because real doctors were coming out stating it's not a vaccine by definition.  Natural immunity is 100% better than any shot. They are lying when they said that the shot is more effective.

Thank you Aaron Rodgers. We need more high profile guys talking about the risks of this garbage and that treatments are available that are effective, especially when given within 5 days of symptoms.

Ivermectin.   :headbang: :thumbup:   The more high profile people coming out stating it's effectiveness, the more they cannot ignore it.
Wanna buy my dog's Heartgaard meds? $1k for a 6 month script.

Got my booster on Saturday.  Have some travel upcoming and wanted the boost (wife works in the medical field and has also been boosted).  Had to get Moderna even tho I had Pfizer back in March.  Symptoms weren't too bad yesterday, like an allergy flareup.

Btw, for anyone wanting to get a booster...  if you are 'overweight' according to BMI that is considered an underlying condition.  Not that they are really checking very closely but it is something to keep in mind.  I'm 40lbs down from Jan of 2020, but my BMI is still around 26 which is considered 'overweight'.  

My Moderna booster is set for Thursday--took Friday off just in case I had a reaction. After my 2nd shot, I had a day of feeling worn down and overall just not feeling well, so I figured the worst thing that happens is I get a four day weekend.

My 86 year old mom got her Pfizer booster on Friday. She, like my wife after her booster, got a mild fever and some tiredness the next day. . 

Wife (who is an educator) got Moderna booster yesterday. She had her school ID with her but said they didn't even ask for any sort of criteria she met to get boosted. Sore arm, minor aches and pains that Advil has taken care of.

Trying to decide if I should get boosted now then too if they're just giving them to anyone here.
I would. I don't think there's a shortage of Moderna doses and I think once they open a vial it can only be used that day. If that's right plenty of doses are being wasted anyway. I don't think you'd be taking a dose away from someone who meets the criteria.

Last edited by a moderator:
Got my booster on Saturday.  Have some travel upcoming and wanted the boost (wife works in the medical field and has also been boosted).  Had to get Moderna even tho I had Pfizer back in March.  Symptoms weren't too bad yesterday, like an allergy flareup.

Btw, for anyone wanting to get a booster...  if you are 'overweight' according to BMI that is considered an underlying condition.  Not that they are really checking very closely but it is something to keep in mind.  I'm 40lbs down from Jan of 2020, but my BMI is still around 26 which is considered 'overweight'.  
You don’t need to include the hate quotes when you use the term overweight. And congrats on your weight loss.

34 hours post booster shot. Only side effect has been a slight sore arm. Had a moment or two where I thought I might have a slight fever and felt a little extra tired but quickly went away.

New Texas DOH Data for 2021:

3% of positive COVID tests were in vaccinated folks 

4% of COVID fatalities were in vaccinated folks under 75 

These Vaccines are incredible 

So tell me if my math is off....if those figures were 50% we could conclude the vaccine is ineffective.  5% implies the non-vaccinated individual is 20 times more likely to test positive or die.  Side effects (NOT "injuries" like my arm was sore or I turned into a newt) are being measured and reported at a rate of 1 in a million or smaller.  So vaccinating a population of 500 million people represents a side effects population of 500 people and 450 million people with an overall level of risk 20 times lower than if not vaccinated.  The civics seems pretty simple here.  But since nothing is absolute, some people would rather put their faith in Joe Rogan, Aaron Rodgers and Donald Trump than to accept the science.  Choice is a wonderful thing.

So tell me if my math is off....if those figures were 50% we could conclude the vaccine is ineffective.  5% implies the non-vaccinated individual is 20 times more likely to test positive or die.  Side effects (NOT "injuries" like my arm was sore or I turned into a newt) are being measured and reported at a rate of 1 in a million or smaller.  So vaccinating a population of 500 million people represents a side effects population of 500 people and 450 million people with an overall level of risk 20 times lower than if not vaccinated.  The civics seems pretty simple here.  But since nothing is absolute, some people would rather put their faith in Joe Rogan, Aaron Rodgers and Donald Trump than to accept the science.  Choice is a wonderful thing.
The thing that is impossible to counter is that a significant number of people will say, "I don't believe _____ (doctors, science, main stream media) and those numbers are lies." We also have a significant number of people who don't really seem to care too much about whether it is effective or not, they are just against it because people want them to get it. The whole "you can't tell me what to do" thing. 

Terminalxylem said:
You don’t need to include the hate quotes when you use the term overweight. And congrats on your weight loss.
Eh, just using the quote because looking at me nobody would say I'm overweight.  Use of BMI for this is stupid.  Oh well.

trump is a clown, but he said to get vaccinated and is vaccinated himself.

The Z Machine said:
Noice.

My kids are slated for tomorrow.  Well, one of them anyway.  Once the registration was completed for one, the next available slot was days later.  Hopefully they'll take my daughter's twin brother at the same time.
They wouldn't take her brother... Now I have twins with different vaccination dates...

My kids are scheduled for this Friday with their pediatrician.  We have all been sick in this house though.  Started with my 7yr old.  Bad cold -- sore throat, mucus, congestion.  No fever or just low-grade.  He had a negative PCR and now he is back in school.  I have the same thing -- getting over it now.  My booster is Sunday.  My youngest who turned 5 yesterday seems to be in the middle-to-end.  

How many days without cold symptoms before getting the vaccine/booster is recommended?  I feel like a stuffy nose or cough can linger for weeks.

he said to get vaccinated and is vaccinated himself.
Yes but he didn’t really push it. He talked about dishwashers and shower pressure 100x more than he ever talked about getting the vaccine. He probably knows it’s unpopular with his base so he doesn’t talk about it much. In theory, it should be the entire basis for his story of how great he was because the vax was developed so quickly under his watch and it works so well. Instead it’s something he’s can’t really bring up because his base doesn’t like it. Beyond ironic.

My kids are scheduled for this Friday with their pediatrician.  We have all been sick in this house though.  Started with my 7yr old.  Bad cold -- sore throat, mucus, congestion.  No fever or just low-grade.  He had a negative PCR and now he is back in school.  I have the same thing -- getting over it now.  My booster is Sunday.  My youngest who turned 5 yesterday seems to be in the middle-to-end.  

How many days without cold symptoms before getting the vaccine/booster is recommended?  I feel like a stuffy nose or cough can linger for weeks.
Ditto all the way around.

10yo getting her shot on Friday. Although the same bug came through our house a 2 weeks ago, a little lingering aftereffects (most concerning for out son who is the lead in the school musical this week).

My vaccine holdout son is getting vaccinated. He had COVID in December last year and it was pretty mild. He buys into a lot of the conspiracy stuff that comes out from my in-laws. He is military and while they haven't officially said "Get Vaccinated BY THIS DATE" he wanted to do some kind of training they were offering and they were like "Sure. But you have to be vaccinated prior to the training". He decided his desire to do the training was higher than his reluctance to get vaccinated. 

Considering he had COVID and it was pretty mild for him, I didn't press him on the vax. It's his choice after all. 

On a side note I was talking to my wife about Christmas plans... My immediate side of the family is almost 100% vaccinated and took COVID seriously. 17 vaccinated, 2 who are not. None of them have come down with COVID so far. Her side of the family is almost 100% NOT vaccinated and most of them believed it was overblown. 18 people. None vaccinated. 9 of them have had COVID so far. 

All anecdotal, but interesting none the less. If you include my family (wife, kids, grandkids) there are 10 of us. 4 out of 10 got COVID. My son who lives with me had a very mild case working at Walmart. My son I mentioned above brought it home from drill and gave it to his wife and son. He also did not take it seriously and it was "A bunch of BS drummed up by the news". 

What does all that anecdotal data mean? Hell if I know. Just thought it was interesting that those around me who took it very seriously with the exception of my son who lives at home still (he was VERY careful, but still managed to get it) did a MUCH better job of avoiding it than those who didn't.

Users who are viewing this thread