What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Christmas Gift Ideas - Now 2021 (1 Viewer)

Nugget

Footballguy
What are the go-to gifts this holiday season?   I'll try to update as I look for gifts for my kids, family, and friends.

Apple AirPods - Were on sale earlier this month for $99.00

5 Pack of Notebooks - Good for planners, bullet journals, and diaries - if you like graph paper

Disposable Film Cameras - not sure why my daughter wants these, but she does.

Instant Pot Cookbook - My sister is the author - shameless plug

Last edited by a moderator:
I just got a weighted blanket and that's one of the best gifts I've been given in a long time.  Its the Ugg brand from Bed Bath & Beyond.  Its $100, but worth it.  

I'm fast asleep every time I get comfortable with it.  

arrow1 said:
We just started that.  Great so far.  👍
Can someone give a list of some of the things in this book?

Ideas for wife:

Jimmy Choo shoes (always wanted, never got)

weighted blanket

massage mat

new heating pad

For kids (14,12):

breakfast sandwich maker

led flame less candles

iphone camera lens 4-in-1 kit

rotating makeup organizer

adventure challenge book

Can someone give a list of some of the things in this book?

Ideas for wife:

Jimmy Choo shoes (always wanted, never got)

weighted blanket

massage mat

new heating pad

For kids (14,12):

breakfast sandwich maker

led flame less candles

iphone camera lens 4-in-1 kit

rotating makeup organizer

adventure challenge book
In regards to the "Adventure Challenge".. Haven't opened the "Couples" edition yet as it is a Christmas gift.. The Site has some videos that give you an idea.. and the reviews are terrific..
I like that they have different ones (Couples, Family, Friends).. thinking that if we enjoy it, it could be future gifts to give to others as well. :thumbup:  

And I'll just come out and say it, @Nugget's sister is very easy on the eyes LOL.  
Agreed.  And I'm a card-carrying member of the "Hot Sister's Club".  Man, I used to have to fight 'em off.   :ninja:

Also.... :blackdot:

Got a few ideas but the more the merrier!

I just got a weighted blanket and that's one of the best gifts I've been given in a long time.  Its the Ugg brand from Bed Bath & Beyond.  Its $100, but worth it.  

Second that. My wife wanted one for her birthday a couple years ago and she didn't end up liking it that much but I love it. 

We are renovating the kitchen. Just tore the thing down on Tuesday. New cabinets are halfway in. Template being taken tomorrow for counter tops. This is not cheap and of course my wife laid this trap for me. "Let's just say the kitchen is our Christmas gift to each other." We all know how that goes, don't we? If I truly get her nothing for Christmas then I'll be in a dog house. So what can I do that's small/fairly cheap that I can get her so I'm not in the dog house? 

We are renovating the kitchen. Just tore the thing down on Tuesday. New cabinets are halfway in. Template being taken tomorrow for counter tops. This is not cheap and of course my wife laid this trap for me. "Let's just say the kitchen is our Christmas gift to each other." We all know how that goes, don't we? If I truly get her nothing for Christmas then I'll be in a dog house. So what can I do that's small/fairly cheap that I can get her so I'm not in the dog house? 
maybe a nice vacuum.  

Second that. My wife wanted one for her birthday a couple years ago and she didn't end up liking it that much but I love it. 
If she would just like a soft blanket to keep warm on the sofa, one of these might do.  They are eco-friendly and soft as a baby's bottom.  They wash well and wear well.  We have five of them.

Agree on a cap on gifts like 50 bucks total and remind her not to go over it 

Printed photo book of family pictures with a few of your own words on each page explaining the memory 

A mug with fancy flavored teabags or cocoa packets or something that she can make on Christmas morning 

Something you were already going to have to buy as part of the remodel like a spice rack or hanging pots and pans holder thingy

Link

TheFanatic said:
New Skillet

Actually a photo book with pictures ofmthe old kitchen and new kitchen as you do progress pics. If it's not too late take a random funny or schticky picture of yourself or you and her in the kitchen. Leave room and commit to filling it out together in a fun way as you continue through the project.

Every year I buy battery charging cables and portable chargers/batteries as stocking stuffers.  Haven’t had a chance to look for deals.   Will probably wait for Black Friday deals to pop up.  

any good cookware recommendations?

i've got 10" and 12" Lodge cast iron pans, but everything else is worn out.. and my wife doesn't like using the cast iron so i've got to buy like a 6 or 8 piece set upgrade.

A good stocking stuffer idea is gift cards from local restaurants/wineries/breweries etc.  They could really use the help now as things start closing down again.  A couple of places by me are giving a $25 gift card if you buy $100 in gift cards.  

Every year I buy battery charging cables and portable chargers/batteries as stocking stuffers.  Haven’t had a chance to look for deals.   Will probably wait for Black Friday deals to pop up.  
My kids go through these so often - I am considering a subscription on Amazon.

Laughed at the bubble butt, would never do the weighted blanket (I hate weight on me when I try to sleep) and love the idea of the air fryer.  Need more research on that.

In regards to the "Adventure Challenge".. Haven't opened the "Couples" edition yet as it is a Christmas gift.. The Site has some videos that give you an idea.. and the reviews are terrific..
I like that they have different ones (Couples, Family, Friends).. thinking that if we enjoy it, it could be future gifts to give to others as well. :thumbup:  
Hmmmm.  Couples, family, friends.  Is there an "adult" version?

Asking for a friend...

any good cookware recommendations?

i've got 10" and 12" Lodge cast iron pans, but everything else is worn out.. and my wife doesn't like using the cast iron so i've got to buy like a 6 or 8 piece set upgrade.
Check out the stuff by Misen or Made In. I have a couple of the Misen non-stick skillets and their carbon steel skillet.  I have always hated non-stick but the Misen quality has fully converted me.  I rarely use our cast iron anymore and use the carbon just for searing.

That would be a good idea by Amazon.  There’s only three of us in the house and we never have enough cables even after I buy a handful annually.  
Try the Li-Ion jump starters instead.  No other car needed and they store plenty of power to jump start several vehicles. Pretty amazing.  I bought the Gooloo brand on Amazon on a black Friday sale and love them.

TheFanatic said:
Prepaid massage or Manicure/Pedicure

Users who are viewing this thread