What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

FanDuel Week 10 (2 Viewers)

Well, let's do this! - we are going Angry Brady for 1/2 of my 6 LUs.    Confirmation bias and all, but was reading an article last night and Brady popped up there because he is going against Car's Cover 3 which he historically does well against.   Add that to him being on the list for going against a D with a bad pass rush, and was already on my radar as far as stacking that side of the game to counter M.Davis' high ownership.   Problem is... who to stack him with??

I am having a lot of issues with RBs this week.   I usually glance at the Rush Potential chart to see if there is a low owned option, and those teams were:  Clev, Jax, Seattle, Wash, Rams, TB, Chargers.    A lot of crap in there.  Take a chance on Chubb/Hunt?  I don't love Robinson as a huge underdog.  Gibson?  Fournette?     I seem to be gravitating to the chalk at Rb and that makes me nervous.   

Even in the TB stacks, I am trying to get a secondary stack in the Buff/Az game.   I just don't see how that one implodes, so there will be something in all my LUs from that, but I guess that's what damn near everybody is thinking, so how do we differentiate?    

Can anyone help me with the lineup optimizer?  I want to enter 150 lineups today (0.05 :lol:   )  but the optimizer is hung at 148 lineups.  But that's not the worst part - the extremely frustrating thing is that I can't (or don't know how) to make the thing stop processing so I can use the 148 lineups.  There is no "stop the build" button which would be the easiest solution for FBG to implement but that obviously isn't going to help me right now.

So the question: Is there a way for me to stop the build and use the 148 lineups?  I can't see how to do it.

EDIT to add links showing this exact same issue has come up in the past which made me actually stop using the product.  Today I decided to try this again because I don't have time to research/build specific lineups.  VERY FRUSTRATING that this doesn't work and hasn't been addressed.  

https://forums.footballguys.com/forum/topic/780090-lineup-optimizer-support/?do=findComment&comment=22947017

https://forums.footballguys.com/forum/topic/780090-lineup-optimizer-support/?do=findComment&comment=22977902

@Devin Knotts

@Simon Shepherd

@Joe Bryant

Last edited by a moderator:
Cheap WRs. What say you?  Will you be using any of them?

Grant $4.6 Mia

Jeffery $4.8 Phi

Conley $4.8 Jax

i rank them: Jeffery > Grant > Conley. 
I currently have Grant in my cash lineup.  So cheap...Williams out of the picture, missing their starting RB, Tua showing promise.  I think this week could be a Tua coming out party.  Grant can easily hit 2x value in this situation and if he can find the endzone, it will be gravy.  But, to be honest, I feel like I am talking myself into it though.  It is no slam dunk.

I'm not touching the other 2.

Can anyone help me with the lineup optimizer?  I want to enter 150 lineups today (0.05 :lol:   )  but the optimizer is hung at 148 lineups.  But that's not the worst part - the extremely frustrating thing is that I can't (or don't know how) to make the thing stop processing so I can use the 148 lineups.  There is no "stop the build" button which would be the easiest solution for FBG to implement but that obviously isn't going to help me right now.

So the question: Is there a way for me to stop the build and use the 148 lineups?  I can't see how to do it.

EDIT to add links showing this exact same issue has come up in the past which made me actually stop using the product.  Today I decided to try this again because I don't have time to research/build specific lineups.  VERY FRUSTRATING that this doesn't work and hasn't been addressed.  

https://forums.footballguys.com/forum/topic/780090-lineup-optimizer-support/?do=findComment&comment=22947017

https://forums.footballguys.com/forum/topic/780090-lineup-optimizer-support/?do=findComment&comment=22977902

@Devin Knotts

@Simon Shepherd

@Joe Bryant
Not sure what's causing that. I'll forward over to our help desk at www.footballguys.com/help    For this or anything one needs help with, that is always tons faster than the forum. Thanks. 

@Steeler

Let me see if I can help. Love the idea of a stop button. You can email me at knotts@footballguys.com with your settings and site and I can help take a look urgently.

A few suggestions while I look into it. 

1) Try a different browser or incognito mode if there is a cache issue causing this to get clogged up.
2) I've had success rebooting my computer as well.

I can also try to run it on my end. 

Well, let's do this! - we are going Angry Brady for 1/2 of my 6 LUs.    Confirmation bias and all, but was reading an article last night and Brady popped up there because he is going against Car's Cover 3 which he historically does well against.   Add that to him being on the list for going against a D with a bad pass rush, and was already on my radar as far as stacking that side of the game to counter M.Davis' high ownership.   Problem is... who to stack him with??

I am having a lot of issues with RBs this week.   I usually glance at the Rush Potential chart to see if there is a low owned option, and those teams were:  Clev, Jax, Seattle, Wash, Rams, TB, Chargers.    A lot of crap in there.  Take a chance on Chubb/Hunt?  I don't love Robinson as a huge underdog.  Gibson?  Fournette?     I seem to be gravitating to the chalk at Rb and that makes me nervous.   

Even in the TB stacks, I am trying to get a secondary stack in the Buff/Az game.   I just don't see how that one implodes, so there will be something in all my LUs from that, but I guess that's what damn near everybody is thinking, so how do we differentiate?    
I don’t have any TB. I like Chubb, Sanders, and Conner.  I love Jones. 

image.png

@Steeler

Just spoke with Simon, there is a Stop button although it is in white text. He is making it red in the future, but if you run into this issue it will stop and produce all 148 lineups. Just scroll over that portion of the page and it will appear. It should be fixed in future weeks.

image.png

I don’t have any TB. I like Chubb, Sanders, and Conner.  I love Jones. 
I am a Brady lover, so I will admit my biases.  I honestly wouldn't do it for S&Gs, but since he showed up on glances at Air yards, no pass rush, etc.. I will try it.  I also liked what I could build around it and still get some AZ/BUff action:

Brady - A.Jones/Gibson - A.Brown/C.Samuel/Diggs/Kirk - Gronk - Rams

I also currently have one with Godwin/Gronk, Davis as a comeback and was able to get Kupp, Kirk, and J.Brown in there too.  

I went 50/50 with Jones and Fournette as a stack with Brady, and then split 25/25/25/25 Evans, Godwin, Brown, Gronk. No way of knowing WTF will happen there, so having exposure to all is a good idea.

I am a Brady lover, so I will admit my biases.  I honestly wouldn't do it for S&Gs, but since he showed up on glances at Air yards, no pass rush, etc.. I will try it.  I also liked what I could build around it and still get some AZ/BUff action:

Brady - A.Jones/Gibson - A.Brown/C.Samuel/Diggs/Kirk - Gronk - Rams

I also currently have one with Godwin/Gronk, Davis as a comeback and was able to get Kupp, Kirk, and J.Brown in there too.  
Wow, this is an aggressive cash LU. good luck man. You will be one of the very few to play this...

:lmao: Don't hate just because Cincy can't beat us. Brilliant football play and he still had a good day.
What was so brilliant about it?  You score and go up ten with 54-seconds.  If you are not going to score shouldn’t he just have went down and not ran out of bounds.  This isn’t a Bengals vs Browns thing either — it’s just business. 

What was so brilliant about it?  You score and go up ten with 54-seconds.  If you are not going score shouldn’t he just have went down and not ran out of bounds.  This isn’t a Bengals vs Browns thing either — it’s just business. 
HOU had no timeouts left, he was 20 yards ahead of anybody. Step out, stop the clock, let everyone get set, enjoy the victory. Why take an unnecessary hit when you don't have to.

Current cash game line up:  Murray, Jones, Davis, Gibson, Adams, Allen, Grant, Ebron, Raiders
Ended up making a couple changes... Murray, Kamara, Davis, D. Johnson, Adams, Allen, Grant, Engram, Raiders... 130.8  Glad I swapped Jones to Kamara.  Grant ended up returning value...Davis, Johnson, and Engram not so much.

Low pay lines this week with everyone playing Davis and Johnson.  Actually had 2 contests with sub 100 pt pay lines (all I play are 50/50s)

Wow what a finish to the league.  Four finish within 4 points.

Last minute TD to Diggs puts me on top only to be caught be Murray's hail mary. Then Mullins"s INT in the end zone sinks me.

At least it was interesting. 

Frustrating week.  Missed on most.  I didn’t have much Davis or Duke, but it didn’t matter since my other choices weren’t much better.  Luckily, I kept my streak of poor league performances going. 

I had a good day.  

I entered 148 lineups on FD ($0.05) with a different strategy than I typically use:  I only picked 4 QBs/stacks: K. Murry 40% of the lineups, J. Allen 40%, Tua 10% Herbert 10%

7.40 in 21.30 out

I entered two lineups into the DK Milly Maker one with K. Murry stack and one with J. Allen stack.  These stacks were money but I ran A. Jones and N. Chubb in both lineups... both underwhelmed, although Chubb did ok.

40 in 190 out

BTW, N. Chubb owes me $150 for running out of bounds because that 6 points would have bumped me up the standing pretty far  :lol:  

Frustrating week.  Missed on most.  I didn’t have much Davis or Duke, but it didn’t matter since my other choices weren’t much better.  Luckily, I kept my streak of poor league performances going. 
I took a beating this week.  130 in 20 out.  Couple other losers still alive.

I mostly avoided Davis and Johnson, but I did not have any Gibson.  I had a bunch of Jones and not enough Kamara.  I focused builds on Sanders, Conner, and Jones and none of the three paid back versus their price.  Brown, Kirk, and Locket hurt me at WR.  I did not see it coming, even though it was reported here, but I had none of Brady and his weapons.  I was interested in Ben, Conner, Johnson, and Ebron, but with the wind I focused on Conner and Ebron.  No Ben or his other weapons.  Just a tough week where nothing went right.  Really makes me question my process when it goes this wrong!

Maybe this single gamer tonight can help recover some of my NFL losses:

MVP Robinson with Foles, Patterson, Cook, Rudolph

Going back and forth on the Monday-niter. Debating on going chalk with Cook, or going off script with Thielen and Jefferson.  Regardless, I like Foles and Mooney (I'm on the fence about Robinson). My lineups likely are:

MVP - Cook / Foles / Robinson  / Mooney / Rudolph

or

MVP - Foles /  Theilen / Jefferson /  Mooney / Bailey.

Probably, be debating this one until kickoff.

I took a beating this week.  130 in 20 out.  Couple other losers still alive.

I mostly avoided Davis and Johnson, but I did not have any Gibson.  I had a bunch of Jones and not enough Kamara.  I focused builds on Sanders, Conner, and Jones and none of the three paid back versus their price.  Brown, Kirk, and Locket hurt me at WR.  I did not see it coming, even though it was reported here, but I had none of Brady and his weapons.  I was interested in Ben, Conner, Johnson, and Ebron, but with the wind I focused on Conner and Ebron.  No Ben or his other weapons.  Just a tough week where nothing went right.  Really makes me question my process when it goes this wrong!

Maybe this single gamer tonight can help recover some of my NFL losses:

MVP Robinson with Foles, Patterson, Cook, Rudolph
Fading Cook to differentiate.

MVP Robinson with Foles/Patterson/Mooney/Cousins

Went one DK lineup and one FD:

DK: Lamar Miller (Capt) - Cousins / Foles / Cook / Thielen / Patterson

FD: Cook (MVP) - Foles / Cousins / Rudolph / Mooney

Getting discouraged with football this year at this point. Was out of the FBG season long contest weeks ago, my fantasy team is garbage due to injuries and out of the playoff running, and my last couple weeks of DFS have been poor. Top it off with my old school, CAL, getting obliterated in their season opener and I kinda lost verve for the season...

Wait. One more change. Moving Foles to MVP. 
How’s that working out for ya?  :lmao:  Dude is turrible, wasn’t he the MVP of a freakin’ SB? He’s killing me

Its awesome when you know your showdown lineups are probably going to be complete trash after 1st drive.  
:goodposting:  no need to stay up late watching this one  :hifive:

ETA - If it makes you feel any better I had Thielen in the lineup but didn’t think he’d do much tonight 

My DK lineup had all the TDs in it and I still didn't make the money. No idea why they put Lamar Miller in for 1 play, threw him the ball, which he caught, then didn't play him again.

EDIT: Looks like he caught 2 passes. I don't recall the 2nd one.

Users who are viewing this thread