What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

***Indy(5-3) at Tennessee(6-2) +1 (49) TNF*** (1 Viewer)

Ministry of Pain

Footballguy
Would seem like a good night for the Titans if you feel like they will take the lead and put the Colts a little further into their rearview mirror. The Titans have a pretty nice record since Tannehill took over and if you feel they win tonight then this spread is meaningless at about 1 point. The Titans have been in a lot of close games and are 3-5 ATS on the season. The Colts are a borderline PLayof team, they have very few weapons that can really hurt you from what they've displayed. 

I see this going to Tennessee, even in a tight game, 24-21 seems logical, 51 seems like a lot tonight for a TNF game. I actually feel like Tennessee could win by a lot more but again most of their games have been close. 

Sleeper tonight could be Trey Burton with Doyle out? I am aware of Mo Allie but it doesn't seem like they view him as highly as some who play FF. 

Corey Davis fell off the map last week after a season high. AJ Brown racked all his points int he 1st half last week, he looks so beastly when he is gaining YAC. 

I don't think I would want to start either QB this week. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Many of you play in leagues where you have Flex spots, I'm sure many of you have figured this out over the years but you run a risk of locking up roster spots prior to TNF games going off and then you're stuck. Or you play against owners that can't seem to understand how these things work. 

-Example is tonight, if you're not gonna use the Titans Def/ST or Gostkowski, you should just cut them and give yourself some roster flexibility going into the weekend. Same would go for skill guys you don't think you will play. Maybe THill has been your QB2 all year, he has a tougher schedule coming up, if you're not likely to play him then why not trade him on the WW for something better? 

-Next obvious to some but not all are these Flex spots. You never want to lock up a Flex spot on a TNF game IMHO. Lots of things can happen between Thursday and Sunday plus Flex spots can typically be filled by RB/WR and TE spots so if you're going to play a WR in the flex, better to slide him into one of the 2-3-4 starting slots, just gives you more flexibility on Sunday Morning. 

I also hate when I make a big mistake on a TNF and have to look at it all day on Friday, again on Saturday and even going into Sunday Morning it just messes with you. 

-Next obvious to some but not all are these Flex spots. You never want to lock up a Flex spot on a TNF game IMHO. Lots of things can happen between Thursday and Sunday plus Flex spots can typically be filled by RB/WR and TE spots so if you're going to play a WR in the flex, better to slide him into one of the 2-3-4 starting slots, just gives you more flexibility on Sunday Morning. 
I'm surprised how many Don't do this.

Yeah some sites like FFPC let you still move between flex and position starting spots, even after they've played. Still locked into starting v bench, of course. I wish more sites would do that. 

I saw 48.5 for the over under and I'm leaning under. Not a line I would target though. 51 might nudge me. 

I need a Burton sighting.  I need him to be Gold, Jerry! Gold!  

Or I could play Hooper after an appendectomy ...2020 is so 2020 it's killing me. lol

Yeah, you don't want to lock in a flex spot if you can start a player at a position. That's all I've got, really.

My dynasty league is 1-5 RB, 2-5 WR, 2-5 TE so it likely doesn't really apply here. They just must be valid lineups. The other redrafts I'm in, though, there are spots you don't want locked. I generally set the latest game in flex.

Like I said in the Corey Davis thread and Pitchfork has posted: Corey Davis's brother died yesterday from cancer. RIP, Titus. Corey is playing tonight, though who knows what must be going through his mind.

Should be a good, tough game. Looking forward to it.

Yeah some sites like FFPC let you still move between flex and position starting spots, even after they've played. Still locked into starting v bench, of course. I wish more sites would do that. 

I saw 48.5 for the over under and I'm leaning under. Not a line I would target though. 51 might nudge me. 
Yeah I don’t know where it’s 51.  I’ve seen 49 or 48.5

This line went from TN -1.5 to TN +1, not sure why folks are eager to grab the Colts. I think Tennessee has a better more accomplished team right now. 

Expectations for AJ Brown tonight?
A lot of folks are hollering Corey Davis tonight after he blanked last week and after he had his biggest game of the season. 

I feel like AJB will be a big part of the plan tonight, he's so talented when he gets the ball in his hands. 

Tannehill is 15-6 as a Starter since taking over Week 7 last year including 3 Playoff games...

1-0 vs Colts, will face them twice in the next month to decide the Division.

What have I missed? 
Get a beer and tuck in tight because it looks we have a meaningful Thursday Night game and that means Golden Troy quotes throughout the telecast. He'll slobber all over Tannehill and Rivers most likely. He likes what their doing, what they've been doing and what they're going to do, in very general terms and statements until he has to backtrack all those nice things he says early in the game. 

These two teams don't know each other well at all Joe Buck...they have only faced Tannehill one time, these are not as heated rivals Joe is professing in the booth. Plus they haven't faced the Colts with Rivers, they don't know each other well at all. 

AJ Brown draws a crowd, he really caught it a split second before it could have been intercepted, it was a fast dig route and AJ is so good at accelerating after the catch. 

You should watch him even if you don't have a betting angle on him, he's worth the price of admission. 

How in the heck does the Titans field look so bad?

Weather has been good. No other use on it other than the Titans. That thing should look pristine. 

AJ Brown draws a crowd, he really caught it a split second before it could have been intercepted, it was a fast dig route and AJ is so good at accelerating after the catch. 

You should watch him even if you don't have a betting angle on him, he's worth the price of admission. 
It is amazing that him and DK played on the same college team at the same time. Two of the most impressive physical specimens at there positions in the NFL.

Tannehill had an eternity to throw on play action before tucking it up and running

3rd and short, terrific zip to Corey Davis, thought he might score until they finally brought him down at the 5. 

Arthur smith is really good.  Feel like he has not been fully showing his skills this year so far

but maybe I haven’t been paying close enough attention

Really sweet play design
I like that they didn't try and force feed Henry. i think they are even stronger when they get Tannehill up and going early and can start handing it to Henry when they already have a lead, so much easier to run the football and get him some of those back breaker like runs. 

I like that they didn't try and force feed Henry. i think they are even stronger when they get Tannehill up and going early and can start handing it to Henry when they already have a lead, so much easier to run the football and get him some of those back breaker like runs. 
Yeah, colts were probably figuring quick handoff to Henry, then they bring the TE in motion across to his side to see how they react, then tannehill rolls out, then dumps it off.  So much going on there, makes it really hard on the defense

Agreed, plus the defense generally focuses on Henry. Open things up a bit then let him knock em over.

Titans looked confused on 4th and short, would have liked to see the snap if they were going to go for it, be right there, you had a chance to knock them straight back for 23-3 yds, no LB at the LOS...anyways. 

So the Colts pass on a potential 47 yd FG attempt, I assume they might have made it. 

That could be big later on. 

I smell the Titans blowing this open early whether they stay ahead not sure but I see 14-0 coming. 

So the Colts pass on a potential 47 yd FG attempt, I assume they might have made it. 

That could be big later on. 

I smell the Titans blowing this open early whether they stay ahead not sure but I see 14-0 coming. 
Really dumb, aggressive move twice on that drive.  When I see that kind of risk it tells me Reich doesn't believe his team is the better team.

Really bad playcall. Barely made it only due to Wilkins breaking a tackle before. Then you run basically the same heavy formation run?

Users who are viewing this thread