What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

*Arizona(6-3) at Seattle(6-3) -3 (57)* TNF= Tremendous Match Up (1 Viewer)

Ministry of Pain

Footballguy
Nothing else to discuss on a Thursday Afternoon so let's get to what folks are hashing out today...who am I starting from this football game?

QBs both on Seattle and Arizona, check!

RBs...do we know the touch distribution for either of them?

WRs include names like Hopkins, Metcalf, Lockett and Kirk

Should be a firework display and last man standing with the ball, short week little practice, offenses will be blowing and going. 

Arizona 41...Seattle 38, the Seahawks cannot stop anyone right now. I just want to see a great football game more than trying to pick the winner. Entertainment level high for Thursday night I would say. Playoff implications, it's got everything. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Nice to see a good Thursday game. Agree on high scoring. Should be a good matchup. I think Russ bounces back from a short slump, especially if Lockett plays. Sea 37-24

I worry for RB production in this game in general with the high total line and not good defenses. Looking like Carson is out and Vegas already dropped him from stat lines with Hyde lined at o/u 55 1/2 yds, this will largely be dependent on how often Seattle holds the lead. In fact Murray is the highest lined "back" in the game at 58 1/2 yds. Probably can assume low ceiling for both RB's on AZ. Loving both QB's and Seattle receivers across the board, DHop will obviously get his but not sure how to rate the receivers behind him.

I worry for RB production in this game in general with the high total line and not good defenses. Looking like Carson is out and Vegas already dropped him from stat lines with Hyde lined at o/u 55 1/2 yds, this will largely be dependent on how often Seattle holds the lead. In fact Murray is the highest lined "back" in the game at 58 1/2 yds. Probably can assume low ceiling for both RB's on AZ. Loving both QB's and Seattle receivers across the board, DHop will obviously get his but not sure how to rate the receivers behind him.
Edmonds GM here. That means Edmonds contributing in the passing game if rushing predictions hold to form and offenses perform the way we expect. On the team I have Edmonds, I have a plethora of backs. Thinking of going with him anyway. Will update if I put skin in the game. 

Edmonds GM here. That means Edmonds contributing in the passing game if rushing predictions hold to form and offenses perform the way we expect. On the team I have Edmonds, I have a plethora of backs. Thinking of going with him anyway. Will update if I put skin in the game. 
good point, didn't even look at the reception output for the backs and Edmonds should feast.

Also roster Hyde in that league. I wonder if Collins gets some run again or if Hyde is the main guy tonight. This assumes (no guarantee) that Hyde suits up and Carson is out.

As much as my gut is telling me this is a get right game for the Hawks against the upstart cardiac Cards, there’s something not quite right with Seattle.  And if what I heard this morning about the line moving to 3.5, it would be criminal not to take Ari. 

also need to check injury report.  Seattle  is really banged up

Sounds like Carson is out. So are both starting corners and their center. Lockett looks like game time decision. Arizona win.

As much as my gut is telling me this is a get right game for the Hawks against the upstart cardiac Cards, there’s something not quite right with Seattle.  And if what I heard this morning about the line moving to 3.5, it would be criminal not to take Ari. 

also need to check injury report.  Seattle  is really banged up
Let me help you...didn't Arizona beat Seattle 3 weeks ago? Then they lost a very close game to a good Miami team, then they beat the 7-2 Buffalo Bills and you're telling me they are getting 3.5 points tonight vs a very suspect defense that is going to be lit up. Kirk seems prime to score one fo those long balls tonight. 

They're last 3 games...Seattle (6-3), Miami (6-3) and Buffalo (7-3), they helped 2 of those teams notch their 3rd loss. Actually Seattle was 5-1 going into that game I think, maybe 5-0, not sure. Seattle is not playing well right now. They have no balance on offense either. 

Let me help you...didn't Arizona beat Seattle 3 weeks ago? Then they lost a very close game to a good Miami team, then they beat the 7-2 Buffalo Bills and you're telling me they are getting 3.5 points tonight vs a very suspect defense that is going to be lit up. Kirk seems prime to score one fo those long balls tonight. 

They're last 3 games...Seattle (6-3), Miami (6-3) and Buffalo (7-3), they helped 2 of those teams notch their 3rd loss. Actually Seattle was 5-1 going into that game I think, maybe 5-0, not sure. Seattle is not playing well right now. They have no balance on offense either. 
You've totally talked me out of any desire (I say this before the game) to start Carlos Hyde tonight. Thank you. 

My head is with you 100% MOP. It makes absolutely no sense based on what you laid out for the Cardinals to be getting a FG AND a gratuitous hook 

and that’s why my gut is bothering me so much

People are still thinking that the @Seattle thing is important.

What's the weather like up there in the Pac NW? Chance of rain and mid-to-upper 40s against domers from 'Zona. You guys can take all that info and do what you want with it. I do NOT try to beat Vegas. Almost ever. It's nearly impossible to do now.

Ebb and flow I feel like this is a Seattle win. A couple bad losses for them combined with a last second emotional win for Arizona gives the edge to Seattle IMO. Add in that Ari won the first one and I think Seattle comes to play today. But Seattle's defense will keep it close.

Sea 43 Ari 38

Ebb and flow I feel like this is a Seattle win. A couple bad losses for them combined with a last second emotional win for Arizona gives the edge to Seattle IMO. Add in that Ari won the first one and I think Seattle comes to play today. But Seattle's defense will keep it close.

Sea 43 Ari 38
Seattle's defense stinks

This feels like a back and forth, each team score in the 40's, kind of game.......love both QB's.  I think Russ steps up in this one though and shows he's still the man......Metcalf is gonna have 150 and 2 teeters

You've totally talked me out of any desire (I say this before the game) to start Carlos Hyde tonight. Thank you. 
Personally, I think there will be a return to the run-first identity for the Seahawks tonight. They get back Hyde who has shown more than capable when healthy. The Seahawks can't stop anything on defense, so I think their offensive strategy will be to run clock and control the ball. They'll let Cards take long shots and take chances by airing it out while they pound the rock and give them limited possessions. 

I think it'll be lower scoring because of that too. But I like Hyde tonight. 

Personally, I think there will be a return to the run-first identity for the Seahawks tonight. They get back Hyde who has shown more than capable when healthy. The Seahawks can't stop anything on defense, so I think their offensive strategy will be to run clock and control the ball. They'll let Cards take long shots and take chances by airing it out while they pound the rock and give them limited possessions. 

I think it'll be lower scoring because of that too. But I like Hyde tonight. 
Cool. I was back in as soon as I figured out Collins will not be activated and Carson is likely out. Seattle still is going to run the ball at times and Hyde figures to be the beneficiary of those looks.

Tua did well versus the Cardinals a few werks ago, but IIRC, he exploited the short and intermediate routes. Hopefully, Russell and the OC studied thst game film.

TNF game thread been active since noon my time, thats awesome, you guys are on it.  Cant wait huge game irl and fantasy wise given the players and its week 11.

Please Tyler Lockett I need the w 

Just picked up Hyde.  Trying to decide between Hyde and Gio in PPR.  I also have Conner, CEH and Duke Johnson - stuffed to the gills with low end RB2s.

Seattle and the under. Kirk over -0.5 td reception
Kirk feels like a guy that should explode with a banged up defense and all effort on Hopkins. But also feels like fools gold for some reason. Maybe just a bad taste in my mouth after starting him last weekend

Think we see the return of the Seattle power run game (Hyde and Scarborough) as well as Wilson actually targeting DK Metcalf after the debacle last game. Kinda has to with Lockett not 100% also.

Any chance Lockett is a decoy tonight and Moore explodes? Gotta choose between Moore tonight or Lamb Sunday.. Thinking Moore can catch a bomb TD tonight. 

Was just tuning into the broadcast via Amazon Prime Video -- just caught the tail end of the intro, seeing -- Bill Nye the science guy? -- with a real cardinal. I assume they showed a similar real bird for the Seahawks.

I'm no orinthologist, but dying to know what kind of bird they used. Because, well, AFAIK there is no bird called a "seahawk."

I think most often that term refers to skuasa or Ospreys -- and believe the Hawks actual mascot, Taima, is neither (it's an augur buzzard, IIRC).

Any amateur birdwatchers catch the segment and see what bird they might have used?

Nerdy, I know. On to football....

Any chance Lockett is a deco tonight and Moore explodes? Gotta choose between Moore tonight or Lamb Sunday.. Thinking Moore can catch a bomb TD tonight. 
I think he might be more of a streamlined moderne than classical art deco. 

Sorry, couldn't resist.

Moore gets involved and depending on if the Hawks D has trouble containing Murray and his weapons, I could absolutely see Moore be a sneaky play tonight. 

Was just tuning into the broadcast via Amazon Prime Video -- just caught the tail end of the intro, seeing -- Bill Nye the science guy? -- with a real cardinal. I assume they showed a similar real bird for the Seahawks.

I'm no orinthologist, but dying to know what kind of bird they used. Because, well, AFAIK there is no bird called a "seahawk."

I think most often that term refers to skuasa or Ospreys -- and believe the Hawks actual mascot, Taima, is neither (it's an augur buzzard, IIRC).

Any amateur birdwatchers catch the segment and see what bird they might have used?

Sea Chickens?

im pretty sure Tuna is referred to sometimes as sea chicken in Japan 

Not sure, but I do know both Kyler and Wilson are having a BIG YEAR.

Ministry of Pain said:

Cards +150 seemed the value play here

I think he might be more of a streamlined moderne than classical art deco. 

Sorry, couldn't resist.

Moore gets involved and depending on if the Hawks D has trouble containing Murray and his weapons, I could absolutely see Moore be a sneaky play tonight. 
Ah yes, Where did the Y go on the back of my word. Good catch and I hope you're spot on with your analysis.

Any chance Lockett is a decoy tonight and Moore explodes? Gotta choose between Moore tonight or Lamb Sunday.. Thinking Moore can catch a bomb TD tonight. 
This is based on my reading from their last game so been a few weeks somebody correct me if I’m wrong.  

Peterson is used to shadow a lot BUT not in the slot.  Lockett plays in multiple spots but he plays out of the slot a lot, so he can’t be effectively shadowed by Peterson.

that’s why Metcalf had the bad game and Lockett went nuclear last time they played and there’s no obvious way to fix that this game.

again if Im thinking of the wrong d somebody correct me but 90% sure that was regarding this game the last time they played.

DK housed him but it was called back due to penalty and Peterson is a week removed from getting crossed by Cole Beasley. If DK wants to take the next step, he needs Russell to target him against top corners.
That Cole Beasley move at the line was just brutal on the replay lol

Traded Hyde before the game for a fourth. Heavy favorite this week and have a bunch of other RBs. Figured it was the best I'd ever get for him. 

*shrugs*

Rolling with Edmonds tonight.

Users who are viewing this thread