Jump to content
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

*Arizona(6-3) at Seattle(6-3) -3 (57)* TNF= Tremendous Match Up


Recommended Posts

Nothing else to discuss on a Thursday Afternoon so let's get to what folks are hashing out today...who am I starting from this football game?

QBs both on Seattle and Arizona, check!

RBs...do we know the touch distribution for either of them?

WRs include names like Hopkins, Metcalf, Lockett and Kirk

Should be a firework display and last man standing with the ball, short week little practice, offenses will be blowing and going. 

Arizona 41...Seattle 38, the Seahawks cannot stop anyone right now. I just want to see a great football game more than trying to pick the winner. Entertainment level high for Thursday night I would say. Playoff implications, it's got everything. 

Edited by Ministry of Pain
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 358
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Ya that’s what I love about him.  And he doesn’t pout.  He doesn’t ask to get taken out like, you know, happens very occasionally for a young wr but not metcalf. the other day I was about to hit

Wow Arizona really getting discombobulated by the fake crowd noise.

Qb eagles

I worry for RB production in this game in general with the high total line and not good defenses. Looking like Carson is out and Vegas already dropped him from stat lines with Hyde lined at o/u 55 1/2 yds, this will largely be dependent on how often Seattle holds the lead. In fact Murray is the highest lined "back" in the game at 58 1/2 yds. Probably can assume low ceiling for both RB's on AZ. Loving both QB's and Seattle receivers across the board, DHop will obviously get his but not sure how to rate the receivers behind him.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Pigskin Fanatic said:

I worry for RB production in this game in general with the high total line and not good defenses. Looking like Carson is out and Vegas already dropped him from stat lines with Hyde lined at o/u 55 1/2 yds, this will largely be dependent on how often Seattle holds the lead. In fact Murray is the highest lined "back" in the game at 58 1/2 yds. Probably can assume low ceiling for both RB's on AZ. Loving both QB's and Seattle receivers across the board, DHop will obviously get his but not sure how to rate the receivers behind him.

Edmonds GM here. That means Edmonds contributing in the passing game if rushing predictions hold to form and offenses perform the way we expect. On the team I have Edmonds, I have a plethora of backs. Thinking of going with him anyway. Will update if I put skin in the game. 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, rockaction said:

Edmonds GM here. That means Edmonds contributing in the passing game if rushing predictions hold to form and offenses perform the way we expect. On the team I have Edmonds, I have a plethora of backs. Thinking of going with him anyway. Will update if I put skin in the game. 

good point, didn't even look at the reception output for the backs and Edmonds should feast.

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Also roster Hyde in that league. I wonder if Collins gets some run again or if Hyde is the main guy tonight. This assumes (no guarantee) that Hyde suits up and Carson is out.

Edited by rockaction
Link to post
Share on other sites

As much as my gut is telling me this is a get right game for the Hawks against the upstart cardiac Cards, there’s something not quite right with Seattle.  And if what I heard this morning about the line moving to 3.5, it would be criminal not to take Ari. 

also need to check injury report.  Seattle  is really banged up

 

Edited by doeseatplace
Link to post
Share on other sites
50 minutes ago, doeseatplace said:

As much as my gut is telling me this is a get right game for the Hawks against the upstart cardiac Cards, there’s something not quite right with Seattle.  And if what I heard this morning about the line moving to 3.5, it would be criminal not to take Ari. 

also need to check injury report.  Seattle  is really banged up

 

Let me help you...didn't Arizona beat Seattle 3 weeks ago? Then they lost a very close game to a good Miami team, then they beat the 7-2 Buffalo Bills and you're telling me they are getting 3.5 points tonight vs a very suspect defense that is going to be lit up. Kirk seems prime to score one fo those long balls tonight. 

They're last 3 games...Seattle (6-3), Miami (6-3) and Buffalo (7-3), they helped 2 of those teams notch their 3rd loss. Actually Seattle was 5-1 going into that game I think, maybe 5-0, not sure. Seattle is not playing well right now. They have no balance on offense either. 

Edited by Ministry of Pain
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Ministry of Pain said:

Let me help you...didn't Arizona beat Seattle 3 weeks ago? Then they lost a very close game to a good Miami team, then they beat the 7-2 Buffalo Bills and you're telling me they are getting 3.5 points tonight vs a very suspect defense that is going to be lit up. Kirk seems prime to score one fo those long balls tonight. 

They're last 3 games...Seattle (6-3), Miami (6-3) and Buffalo (7-3), they helped 2 of those teams notch their 3rd loss. Actually Seattle was 5-1 going into that game I think, maybe 5-0, not sure. Seattle is not playing well right now. They have no balance on offense either. 

You've totally talked me out of any desire (I say this before the game) to start Carlos Hyde tonight. Thank you. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Ministry of Pain said:

Let me help you...didn't Arizona beat Seattle 3 weeks ago? Then they lost a very close game to a good Miami team, then they beat the 7-2 Buffalo Bills and you're telling me they are getting 3.5 points tonight vs a very suspect defense that is going to be lit up. Kirk seems prime to score one fo those long balls tonight. 

They're last 3 games...Seattle (6-3), Miami (6-3) and Buffalo (7-3), they helped 2 of those teams notch their 3rd loss. Actually Seattle was 5-1 going into that game I think, maybe 5-0, not sure. Seattle is not playing well right now. They have no balance on offense either. 

My head is with you 100% MOP. It makes absolutely no sense based on what you laid out for the Cardinals to be getting a FG AND a gratuitous hook 
 

and that’s why my gut is bothering me so much

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

People are still thinking that the @Seattle thing is important.

What's the weather like up there in the Pac NW? Chance of rain and mid-to-upper 40s against domers from 'Zona. You guys can take all that info and do what you want with it. I do NOT try to beat Vegas. Almost ever. It's nearly impossible to do now.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Ebb and flow I feel like this is a Seattle win. A couple bad losses for them combined with a last second emotional win for Arizona gives the edge to Seattle IMO. Add in that Ari won the first one and I think Seattle comes to play today. But Seattle's defense will keep it close.

Sea 43 Ari 38

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Oh Gosh. No Collins to siphon Carries. Homer is hurt, too.

So it's Hyde, Dallas, and Bo Scarbrough from what I'm reading. Right up into RB2 land, per Mike Tagliere.

https://twitter.com/MikeTagliereNFL/status/1329533810833301506

Edited by rockaction
Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, Insein said:

Ebb and flow I feel like this is a Seattle win. A couple bad losses for them combined with a last second emotional win for Arizona gives the edge to Seattle IMO. Add in that Ari won the first one and I think Seattle comes to play today. But Seattle's defense will keep it close.

Sea 43 Ari 38

Seattle's defense stinks

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, rockaction said:

You've totally talked me out of any desire (I say this before the game) to start Carlos Hyde tonight. Thank you. 

Personally, I think there will be a return to the run-first identity for the Seahawks tonight. They get back Hyde who has shown more than capable when healthy. The Seahawks can't stop anything on defense, so I think their offensive strategy will be to run clock and control the ball. They'll let Cards take long shots and take chances by airing it out while they pound the rock and give them limited possessions. 

I think it'll be lower scoring because of that too. But I like Hyde tonight. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, ATB said:

Personally, I think there will be a return to the run-first identity for the Seahawks tonight. They get back Hyde who has shown more than capable when healthy. The Seahawks can't stop anything on defense, so I think their offensive strategy will be to run clock and control the ball. They'll let Cards take long shots and take chances by airing it out while they pound the rock and give them limited possessions. 

I think it'll be lower scoring because of that too. But I like Hyde tonight. 

Cool. I was back in as soon as I figured out Collins will not be activated and Carson is likely out. Seattle still is going to run the ball at times and Hyde figures to be the beneficiary of those looks.

Link to post
Share on other sites

TNF game thread been active since noon my time, thats awesome, you guys are on it.  Cant wait huge game irl and fantasy wise given the players and its week 11.

Please Tyler Lockett I need the w 

Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, Teezee said:

Seattle and the under. Kirk over -0.5 td reception

Kirk feels like a guy that should explode with a banged up defense and all effort on Hopkins. But also feels like fools gold for some reason. Maybe just a bad taste in my mouth after starting him last weekend

Link to post
Share on other sites

Think we see the return of the Seattle power run game (Hyde and Scarborough) as well as Wilson actually targeting DK Metcalf after the debacle last game. Kinda has to with Lockett not 100% also.

Edited by The Frankman
Link to post
Share on other sites

Was just tuning into the broadcast via Amazon Prime Video -- just caught the tail end of the intro, seeing -- Bill Nye the science guy? -- with a real cardinal. I assume they showed a similar real bird for the Seahawks.

I'm no orinthologist, but dying to know what kind of bird they used. Because, well, AFAIK there is no bird called a "seahawk."

I think most often that term refers to skuasa or Ospreys -- and believe the Hawks actual mascot, Taima, is neither (it's an augur buzzard, IIRC).

Any amateur birdwatchers catch the segment and see what bird they might have used?

Nerdy, I know. On to football....

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, conlilnew said:

Any chance Lockett is a deco tonight and Moore explodes? Gotta choose between Moore tonight or Lamb Sunday.. Thinking Moore can catch a bomb TD tonight. 

I think he might be more of a streamlined moderne than classical art deco. 

Sorry, couldn't resist.

Moore gets involved and depending on if the Hawks D has trouble containing Murray and his weapons, I could absolutely see Moore be a sneaky play tonight. 

  • Laughing 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Stompin' Tom Connors said:

Was just tuning into the broadcast via Amazon Prime Video -- just caught the tail end of the intro, seeing -- Bill Nye the science guy? -- with a real cardinal. I assume they showed a similar real bird for the Seahawks.

I'm no orinthologist, but dying to know what kind of bird they used. Because, well, AFAIK there is no bird called a "seahawk."

I think most often that term refers to skuasa or Ospreys -- and believe the Hawks actual mascot, Taima, is neither (it's an augur buzzard, IIRC).

Any amateur birdwatchers catch the segment and see what bird they might have used?

Nerdy, I know. On to football....

Sea Chickens?

 

im pretty sure Tuna is referred to sometimes as sea chicken in Japan 

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Stompin' Tom Connors said:

Was just tuning into the broadcast via Amazon Prime Video -- just caught the tail end of the intro, seeing -- Bill Nye the science guy? -- with a real cardinal. I assume they showed a similar real bird for the Seahawks.

I'm no orinthologist, but dying to know what kind of bird they used. Because, well, AFAIK there is no bird called a "seahawk."

I think most often that term refers to skuasa or Ospreys -- and believe the Hawks actual mascot, Taima, is neither (it's an augur buzzard, IIRC).

Any amateur birdwatchers catch the segment and see what bird they might have used?

Nerdy, I know. On to football....

Not sure, but I do know both Kyler and Wilson are having a BIG YEAR.

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Ministry of Pain said:

Let me help you...didn't Arizona beat Seattle 3 weeks ago? Then they lost a very close game to a good Miami team, then they beat the 7-2 Buffalo Bills and you're telling me they are getting 3.5 points tonight vs a very suspect defense that is going to be lit up. Kirk seems prime to score one fo those long balls tonight. 

They're last 3 games...Seattle (6-3), Miami (6-3) and Buffalo (7-3), they helped 2 of those teams notch their 3rd loss. Actually Seattle was 5-1 going into that game I think, maybe 5-0, not sure. Seattle is not playing well right now. They have no balance on offense either. 

Cards +150 seemed the value play here

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Stompin' Tom Connors said:

I think he might be more of a streamlined moderne than classical art deco. 

Sorry, couldn't resist.

Moore gets involved and depending on if the Hawks D has trouble containing Murray and his weapons, I could absolutely see Moore be a sneaky play tonight. 

Ah yes, Where did the Y go on the back of my word. Good catch and I hope you're spot on with your analysis.

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, conlilnew said:

Any chance Lockett is a decoy tonight and Moore explodes? Gotta choose between Moore tonight or Lamb Sunday.. Thinking Moore can catch a bomb TD tonight. 

This is based on my reading from their last game so been a few weeks somebody correct me if I’m wrong.  

Peterson is used to shadow a lot BUT not in the slot.  Lockett plays in multiple spots but he plays out of the slot a lot, so he can’t be effectively shadowed by Peterson.

that’s why Metcalf had the bad game and Lockett went nuclear last time they played and there’s no obvious way to fix that this game.

again if Im thinking of the wrong d somebody correct me but 90% sure that was regarding this game the last time they played.

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, King of the Jungle said:

Patrick Peterson may have something to say about that (again).

DK housed him but it was called back due to penalty and got overthrown on another shot. Peterson is a week removed from getting crossed by Cole Beasley. If DK wants to take the next step, he needs Russell to target him against top corners.

Edited by The Frankman
  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, The Frankman said:

DK housed him but it was called back due to penalty and Peterson is a week removed from getting crossed by Cole Beasley. If DK wants to take the next step, he needs Russell to target him against top corners.

That Cole Beasley move at the line was just brutal on the replay lol

Link to post
Share on other sites

Traded Hyde before the game for a fourth. Heavy favorite this week and have a bunch of other RBs. Figured it was the best I'd ever get for him. 

*shrugs*

Rolling with Edmonds tonight.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.


×
×
  • Create New...