What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Will 2021 be better than 2020? (1 Viewer)

Will 2021 be better?

• Yes, 2021 will be better than 2020

Votes: 83 74.8%
  • No, 2021 will be worse than 2020

Votes: 13 11.7%
  • 2021 will be similar to 2020

Votes: 15 13.5%

• Total voters

gianmarco

Footballguy
We know 2020 has just been awful. It's almost over. 

We will have a new administration although there will be a very unhappy half of the country. We have a worsening pandemic although news of a vaccine. 

So, will 2021 be better or worse?

Yes, but the first 2-3 months are gonna suck. 

This.  I imagine the vaccine will be widely available by the spring, but I'm bracing myself for a pretty awful winter.  Cold, lots of stuff shut down, people still getting sick. I assume at some point, college basketball (pretty much my only saving grace during the winter) will grind to a near halt. Its going to be terrible.

But I do see light at the end of the tunnel now.

Yep

I was thinking first half will suck, second half much better. But I like your answer more.
I don't expect 'normal' come March but I expect youth track season, MLB, and extended opportunities to get outside to resume. That'll be enough distractions to get me to May when things may actually be (sorta) normal again. Between Christmas and March though?  :bag:

I'm just going to speak for myself here, but 2020 and 2021 will end up being really good years for me overall. 

I'm looking forward to winter being winter. I don't go out that much in the winter anyways, and I'm getting my kid some indoor play equipment for Christmas that he will love. I do all my exercise indoors and I just got a rower. I only watch TV when I'm exercising and there's some shows I'm looking forward to binge watching.  

There's no pressure to go out and do stuff, no commute, and we've got a good routine finally between school, my wife and I working from home, groceries, cleaning (which for some reason is way different during the pandemic because we're home so much) and just generally living together.

I'm totally committed to self improvement right now, for me and my family. Spending more time with my kid has been awesome and he's clinging to me these days, i love it. I still have some destructive habits like drinking and eating total crap but I've got a much better balance than I used to. I'm doing yoga and knocking out sets of 50 or 60 pushups when I couldn't do 10 back in March. My yard looks better, I've fixed a bunch of stuff that needed fixing but I kept putting it off, and I have still found plenty of time to #### around on the internet. 

I understand that not everyone has that experience or the luxury of the extra time that I'm talking about and I'm very grateful for it. For those who do, though, don't waste it. 

This is a rare opportunity to hit the pause button on everything but the stuff in your immediate household. There were so many times I wanted to do something but complained that I didn't have the time. For the last 8 months we've had plenty of time. For the next 6 months at least we probably will too.  Use it wisely. Learn a skill. Spend time with your family. Work on your marriage. Lose the gut. Write that novel. Rekindle an old friendship over zoom. Plan that career change.  Think about things that would improve your life and do them. 

I'm just going to speak for myself here, but 2020 and 2021 will end up being really good years for me overall. 

I'm looking forward to winter being winter. I don't go out that much in the winter anyways, and I'm getting my kid some indoor play equipment for Christmas that he will love. I do all my exercise indoors and I just got a rower. I only watch TV when I'm exercising and there's some shows I'm looking forward to binge watching.  

There's no pressure to go out and do stuff, no commute, and we've got a good routine finally between school, my wife and I working from home, groceries, cleaning (which for some reason is way different during the pandemic because we're home so much) and just generally living together.

I'm totally committed to self improvement right now, for me and my family. Spending more time with my kid has been awesome and he's clinging to me these days, i love it. I still have some destructive habits like drinking and eating total crap but I've got a much better balance than I used to. I'm doing yoga and knocking out sets of 50 or 60 pushups when I couldn't do 10 back in March. My yard looks better, I've fixed a bunch of stuff that needed fixing but I kept putting it off, and I have still found plenty of time to #### around on the internet. 

I understand that not everyone has that experience or the luxury of the extra time that I'm talking about and I'm very grateful for it. For those who do, though, don't waste it. 

This is a rare opportunity to hit the pause button on everything but the stuff in your immediate household. There were so many times I wanted to do something but complained that I didn't have the time. For the last 8 months we've had plenty of time. For the next 6 months at least we probably will too.  Use it wisely. Learn a skill. Spend time with your family. Work on your marriage. Lose the gut. Write that novel. Rekindle an old friendship over zoom. Plan that career change.  Think about things that would improve your life and do them. 
Geez man that was really nice to read, I think I needed to hear some of that stuff. Thanks. 

I've been focusing way too much on the macro and not nearly enough on the micro. I'm really in a similar position to Fred - wife and I both work from home, no job security concerns, we have everything we could ever need in this house. I need to just stop reading the news, focus on my household and self-improvement the rest of the winter. it's all about mindset. 

If you ignore the media, 2020 really hasn't been that bad. I find how much you let the news and social media engulf your life has an inverse relationship on personal happiness most of the time. 

If you ignore the media, 2020 really hasn't been that bad. I find how much you let the news and social media engulf your life has an inverse relationship on personal happiness most of the time. 
Oh cmon, 250k people have died, countless others impacted economically and mentally...it's been pretty bad. The bolded might be true but that doesn't change that as a whole it was a pretty ####e year. 

Pretty sure Mrs. O isn’t getting a 2021 dumpster fire ornament for her Christmas tree like she did just now for 2020 so I have no doubt 2021 will be better. 

Oh cmon, 250k people have died, countless others impacted economically and mentally...it's been pretty bad. The bolded might be true but that doesn't change that as a whole it was a pretty ####e year. 
Lot more than that have died. Usually about 2.8m deaths in the US alone annually. They just don't parade them on TV every night as a shiny banner. Point is, for those that have ignored TV and social media, they may have had to change some things (like working from home and wearing masks) but ultimately their lives have not really changed or been that much worse. 

Lot more than that have died. Usually about 2.8m deaths in the US alone annually. They just don't parade them on TV every night as a shiny banner. Point is, for those that have ignored TV and social media, they may have had to change some things (like working from home and wearing masks) but ultimately their lives have not really changed or been that much worse. 
True. Deaths overall are way up though, I get the whole circle of life thing, but this ain't that. 

You are completely kidding yourself if you think 2020 didn’t suck for a lot of people.  Even if we were generous and said the deaths were a push (which they aren’t) you can start with job losses and financial loses.  Sports were greatly impacted - we went many weeks without sports.

Kids were stuck indoors a lot and many struggled with digital learning.  My son lost almost half his senior year - he’ll never get that back.  My younger two kids had major athletic events cancelled - one was supposed to perform at Disney World and had been preparing for months for it.  The other was supposed to play in one of the largest basketball tournaments in the southeast and it got cancelled.  My son was supposed to go to Greece for his senior trip - it was cancelled.

Our family had a couple other trips cancelled due to places being closed.  My company is doing layoffs right now due to severe impact to our business.  Countless people have struggled with COVID even if they didn’t die and we don’t know the full ramifications.

2020 has been the absolute suck.

Tried drawing some friends of mine today, took a photo of the drawing and it looks a little smudgy but I'm pretty happy with the results since I'm really not a drawer guy. 

https://imgur.com/a/Ac5jRtz

This is the kind of stuff I'm doing with my pandemic time for those who might be curious what I mean about self improvement.

This took about 90 minutes between choosing a picture of each (they weren't in the same photo), drawing the first draft, shading and coloring and then cleaning them up. I'd still take a bit longer to clean up the smudges and work on the eyes especially. Overall though I'm really happy with it- I've never taken a class on drawing and haven't even tried since drawing my nieces and nephew about 5 years ago, but I've always been interested in how the good artists do it. 

Last edited by a moderator:
The first half of 2021 is going to very difficult but 2021 will go out on a high note. 2022 is where it’s at.  

1. You need to bottle this positivity up and sell it. 

2. I'll take two bottles.

In all seriousness, I'm impressed with how you are handling this and how you are implementing self-change. I could certainly do a better job of this. 

Users who are viewing this thread