What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

"Pharmacy Group" Scam calls (1 Viewer)

TLEF316

Footballguy
So I'm not the only one getting these right? For the past 2 weeks, I've had 3 separate "companies" calling me (and asking for me by name, so clearly someone sold them my info) claiming to be associated with my medical plan provider and offering "free" over the counter medications. When I tell them I'm not interested and to stop calling me, they claim that they will not and if I dont speak to them, my benefits will be cancelled.  Gotta admire the dedication. Most scammers just hang up once you get hostile. 

Obviously SOMEONE is falling for this stuff, as I can't imagine 3 different companies would be doing it otherwise.....but come on. After the first one, I was mildly curious and thought about calling my actual provider to confirm (I haven't taken a prescription medication in over a decade, so I wouldn't know if my ACTUAL drug provider called me)  but clearly my actual medical provider isn't working with 3 separate OTC medication providers, so I think I'm safe.

I've blocked at least 20 numbers over the last week or so, but they just keep coming. Insanely annoying.

My netflix account has been suspended. Which is weird since my wife is watching some sappy netflix option right now. 
netflix, paypal, apple...all of them are seemingly canceled.

As for the OP...yeah, been getting strange medical ones.  Often Indian callers...first asking me about my diabetes (nobody in our home is diabetic), a couple moved on to another ailment none of us have before Ive cut them off.  Now, they get cut off long before that or just hung up on.

If I'm driving, I usually mess with them.  Medical insurance is popular this time of year.  Last year the a lady asked if I had any pre-existing conditions.  I told her my <male parts> had scabs and it burn when I peed and that I had chlamydia.  She actually asked what chlamydia was so I got into an explicit explanation before she hung up.

Loan refinance is another big one.  Even when I tell them my rate is 2% the script takes them to asking if I want money.  Off course I want money, who wouldn't.  Their question is how much.  I tell them big money.  They ask what's big money and I tell them I've got big ideas and big plans.  I can usually jack them around for 5+ minutes before they hang up.  Another tactic is getting them to repeat them selves....I'm sorry, I can't hear you....I'm sorry, I don't understand.....Can you explain if this health insurance will also cover my F150.  

I've had numerous calls from a debt collection agency. Always comes from different numbers. I reject the call and they leave a voicemail message. Every time it's the same person. Latoya Jackson. Who knew she needed work after her illustrious career. 

On Wednesday, I got a call from the Department of Social Security at 7:30AM, 8:30AM, and 9AM.  Some dorky charity called at 9:30.  I wasn't feeling too charitable.

Even if Soc Sec did call, they wouldn't call that early.  I was pretty ticked off.

Users who are viewing this thread