What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

In and Out Burger (1 Viewer)

Courtjester

The Town Drunk
I know there is a thread about Five Guys and In and Out, but the wonderful search function isn't helping.

So In and Out Burger opened here today and people lost their minds. One guy was camped out since Tuesday. The wait for the drive thru was 3-4 hours all day long--the line was out and down the highway with just hundreds of cars. The wait for inside was 4 hours--WTH? I am going to stand in a line during a pandemic for four hours for a burger?

What am I missing here? It is a burger and something, should I decide I want, I will be able to enter the drive thru and get one in 5-10 minutes probably 45 days from now.

As a born a raised So-Cal guy I’ve eaten In&Out most my life. Wait.  It’s good don’t get me wrong, but it’s fast food good. The best thing about them in my opinion is their consistency.  It’s the same every time I’ve ever been, which is a lot.  Basically it’s fast food done right and with good service.  

I just hope the experience for you isn’t like what Dunkin Donuts was for me. It’s was a massive deal when they finally came out west a few years ago.  Probably like In&Out for those out east, I’d heard about how good it was forever.  Throughly disappointed.  Coffee was just Ok and donuts are below average.   

Must be a fellow Denver-ite. There’s so many transplanted West Coasters here, I assume that was part of the massive line. I am not a west coaster but made it a point to try In & Out when traveling over the years and was pretty disappointed. The secret menu thing was pretty cool 20 years ago but now lots of places do that and the internet killed the mystery/secret.

As someone that originally hails from Texas, I do agree that Whataburger blows it out of the water, wish they would expand out of Texas and it’s surrounding states.

Last edited by a moderator:
There isn't a burger place in the country that is worth a 4 hour wait and that's including any fancy sit down bbq place.  For a fast food burger that is just stupid.

I like In N Out, but like others have said it's still just a fast food burger.  It's great if you're looking to pop in and grab a quick bite, but there's nothing about it that makes it worth waiting half a day for.

My local in n out uses local grass fed beef. And order a 2 by 1 protein style with mustards and onions is arguably a healthier meal that tastes damn good. It’s definitely top three for me for fast food. While they’re different burgers than Five Guys I think they’re equally on the top run of fast food burger. I also like The Habit. 

But none are worth a four hour wait. 

Love the burgers and shakes like others have said. Fries are just limp. It’s very good! Wait a few weeks and check it out. 

encaitar said:
There isn't a burger place in the country that is worth a 4 hour wait and that's including any fancy sit down bbq place.  For a fast food burger that is just stupid.

I like In N Out, but like others have said it's still just a fast food burger.  It's great if you're looking to pop in and grab a quick bite, but there's nothing about it that makes it worth waiting half a day for.

Zow said:
My local in n out uses local grass fed beef. And order a 2 by 1 protein style with mustards and onions is arguably a healthier meal that tastes damn good. It’s definitely top three for me for fast food. While they’re different burgers than Five Guys I think they’re equally on the top run of fast food burger. I also like The Habit. 

But none are worth a four hour wait. 
Both right, none of these places is worth an hour wait. Just go another time. Habit is solid and even a place near me Mooyah is about the same. I love 5 guys, ate at In and Out, Whataburger (airport but still decent) and Fatburger. Only place that I’ve been disappointed in was Shake Shack. Not a lot of options and tiny ### burgers for the price.

All the top ones have solid burgers that are all good and maybe people have favorites, but a 14 hour wait? ####### morons. Even if I had nothing to do, I’d find something else to do and somewhere else to go. Has to be some sort of medical experiment you can sign up for to at least get something.

I bet the lines are even longer today here because yesterday was a "surprise" opening. Today, everyone will be ready to line up early.  I guarantee there are lines forming as we speak. 

The ingredients are amazingly fresh. In fact, the company won't build a location more than one day from their meat distribution plant so that it is always fresh.

That said, I agree with the others who stated that it is a very good burger (though small) but nothing worth camping out for.

And it's always crowded.

The ingredients are amazingly fresh. In fact, the company won't build a location more than one day from their meat distribution plant so that it is always fresh.

That said, I agree with the others who stated that it is a very good burger (though small) but nothing worth camping out for.

And it's always crowded.
Yeah the name is misleading. They’re much more the pace of a five guys. They don’t cook your burger until you order. Which makes it taste great but it’s likely at least ten to fifteen minutes between getting in line (drive thru or inside) and getting your food. 

Psychopav said:
Whataburger is streets ahead better. 
This x100.  I just ate at Whataburger a couple times in the past three weeks for the first time since the Chicago buyout.  I was very concerned when they sold out, but I am pleasantly surprised with the changes so far.  Whataburger used to be the great (for fast food) burger place, but you were going to wait a while for your food no matter what. Now, their service seems to be almost on par with Chik-fil-a.  I was shocked.

Their Hatch Chili Bacon Cheeseburger is unparalleled in the fast food world. The mushroom-swiss is a close second.  And I generally hate anything but traditional cheese, mustard, pickle, lettuce, tomato burgers.

Last edited by a moderator:
With regard to their fries:

Pretty sure I’ve seen them cut fresh fries in the back so I’m assuming fresh is better than frozen or whatever else. I can’t imagine what they’re doing to them to go from fresh potatoes to cardboardy crap. I read somewhere that they don’t double fry them. If that’s the reason they’re awful, then double fry away!

Pretty sure I’ve seen them cut fresh fries in the back so I’m assuming fresh is better than frozen or whatever else. 
One thing that always amazed me about In N Out is that they don't have freezers in their restaurants. 

You're always getting fresh food.

Pretty sure I’ve seen them cut fresh fries in the back so I’m assuming fresh is better than frozen or whatever else. I can’t imagine what they’re doing to them to go from fresh potatoes to cardboardy crap. I read somewhere that they don’t double fry them. If that’s the reason they’re awful, then double fry away!
The fries are significantly better if you ask for them well done. They still aren’t on par with other good fries out there but they are at least edible at that point.   

Anyone waiting three or four hours for a burger should probably have a mental evaluation. Well, actually, no, no need, you already failed.

The fries are significantly better if you ask for them well done. They still aren’t on par with other good fries out there but they are at least edible at that point.   
This - well done animal style.   I usually just don't order any fries and go with a second burger instead if I am going to go to In N Out, but when I'm either really hangry or just in the mood for the extra grease, well done animal style fries

Despite the obvious lunacy of waiting hours for a burger, I find that In n Out is the best value by far.  There are better burgers, but the quality to price ratio at In n Out has no competition that I've tried.

Full Disclosure, I haven't been there in a while.

This x100.  I just ate at Whataburger a couple times in the past three weeks for the first time since the Chicago buyout.  I was very concerned when they sold out, but I am pleasantly surprised with the changes so far.  Whataburger used to be the great (for fast food) burger place, but you were going to wait a while for your food no matter what. Now, their service seems to be almost on par with Chik-fil-a.  I was shocked.

Their Hatch Chili Bacon Cheeseburger is unparalleled in the fast food world. The mushroom-swiss is a close second.  And I generally hate anything but traditional cheese, mustard, pickle, lettuce, tomato burgers.
Eh I wouldn't agree with this. It's good, but give me a 5 guys bacon cheeseburger, an In N Out 3x2 animal style, or a The Habit triple over the Whataburger's best offering anyday. 

Courtjester said:
I know there is a thread about Five Guys and In and Out, but the wonderful search function isn't helping.

So In and Out Burger opened here today and people lost their minds. One guy was camped out since Tuesday. The wait for the drive thru was 3-4 hours all day long--the line was out and down the highway with just hundreds of cars. The wait for inside was 4 hours--WTH? I am going to stand in a line during a pandemic for four hours for a burger?

What am I missing here? It is a burger and something, should I decide I want, I will be able to enter the drive thru and get one in 5-10 minutes probably 45 days from now.
Doesn't seem very "in and out" to me

These are probably the same people that wait overnight for the newest iPhone to come out. Maybe people are just excited to be out doing something different because of the new Covid restrictions. 

There's a whole thread dedicated to it like the OP said, but it's really just a fast food burger. dkp993 nailed it. No need for further substantive comment, really. ####s and giggles? Sure. But he's covered it in one post. 

I am a transplant to texas, and I do not get the whataburger hype. I think mcdonald's is better.
I don’t either. There’s one next to my work, never busy and I rarely go there. I always put them in with places like Jack In The Box and was surprised to hear there was hype.

Users who are viewing this thread