What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

In and Out Burger (1 Viewer)

"is that near the in & out burger?"

I've lived near em over the last 15 years and I've never eaten there.....2things

1) I hate waiting for my food.  when you have to wait a certain amount of time it is no longer "fast food" so what's the point

2) I don't eat fast food, and I don't eat much beef....I prefer to keep my freezer stocked with venison burger

Last edited by a moderator:
Buckna said:
Must be a fellow Denver-ite. There’s so many transplanted West Coasters here, I assume that was part of the massive line. I am not a west coaster but made it a point to try In & Out when traveling over the years and was pretty disappointed. The secret menu thing was pretty cool 20 years ago but now lots of places do that and the internet killed the mystery/secret.

As someone that originally hails from Texas, I do agree that Whataburger blows it out of the water, wish they would expand out of Texas and it’s surrounding states.
I haven't had Whataburger in a few years but it was pretty blah from what I remember. Like Burger King level.  In and Out is on another level. Whataburger is McDonalds, Burger King, Wendy's level IMO. Then again, it's been a few years so maybe I should try them again.

15 seems to be a pretty average wait time at in n out, no?
I don’t know I’ve never been to one. But I can’t imagine it’s any better than five guys and 15 minutes is the most I Will wait there, and I can’t see myself waiting any longer anywhere else for a burger

I don’t know I’ve never been to one. But I can’t imagine it’s any better than five guys and 15 minutes is the most I Will wait there, and I can’t see myself waiting any longer anywhere else for a burger
It's on par with Five Guys and it's got a better price point. But yeah, 15 minutes max for any fast food. 

We got an in and out a year or so ago and the line in the drive thru is crazy long every time I drive by.....I guess people maybe eat while waiting and then by the time they get their in and out they're ready to eat again?

Yep.  You should see the looks of blasphemy when I say this in Texas.   I love their breakfast taquitos however.  Really the only reason to hit up Whataburger.  
I'm a transplant from Chicago and I love it.  To be fair, the overall flavor of a Double with Cheese, with their standard toppings, is very similar to a Chicago style dog.

I'm a transplant from Chicago and I love it.  To be fair, the overall flavor of a Double with Cheese, with their standard toppings, is very similar to a Chicago style dog.
Whataburger does a good job with their various toppings and Tex Mex flavors but their actual burgers are subpar on that McDonalds/Wendys/BK level.   If I'm hitting up a chain, Shake Shack or Becks Prime is normally the play in Houston.  

Whataburger does a good job with their various toppings and Tex Mex flavors but their actual burgers are subpar on that McDonalds/Wendys/BK level.   If I'm hitting up a chain, Shake Shack or Becks Prime is normally the play in Houston.  
Well sure, if we're judging on the actual meat patties and nothing else. But nothing is subpar to BK. And Becks' Prime isn't exactly a fast food category burger.

Back when In-N-Out originally developed a cult following, it was the only really good fast-food burger place.

Now there are a bunch of them (though usually more expensive than In-N-Out). In-N-Out is no longer competing with McDonalds, but with places like Shake Shack. It's still a good burger for a great price, but it's no longer worthy of cult status.

With regard to their fries:

Pretty sure I’ve seen them cut fresh fries in the back so I’m assuming fresh is better than frozen or whatever else. I can’t imagine what they’re doing to them to go from fresh potatoes to cardboardy crap. I read somewhere that they don’t double fry them. If that’s the reason they’re awful, then double fry away!
I like the fries okay. But since they are fresh potatoes at the time they are ordered, they are fried only once instead of twice. Every other fast-food place fries their sliced potatoes twice, but there isn't time for it at In-N-Out. That's why they're limp.

encaitar said:
There isn't a burger place in the country that is worth a 4 hour wait and that's including any fancy sit down bbq place.  For a fast food burger that is just stupid.

I like In N Out, but like others have said it's still just a fast food burger.  It's great if you're looking to pop in and grab a quick bite, but there's nothing about it that makes it worth waiting half a day for.

Zow said:
My local in n out uses local grass fed beef. And order a 2 by 1 protein style with mustards and onions is arguably a healthier meal that tastes damn good. It’s definitely top three for me for fast food. While they’re different burgers than Five Guys I think they’re equally on the top run of fast food burger. I also like The Habit. 

But none are worth a four hour wait. 

The ingredients are amazingly fresh. In fact, the company won't build a location more than one day from their meat distribution plant so that it is always fresh.

That said, I agree with the others who stated that it is a very good burger (though small) but nothing worth camping out for.

And it's always crowded.

Anyone waiting three or four hours for a burger should probably have a mental evaluation. Well, actually, no, no need, you already failed.

Despite the obvious lunacy of waiting hours for a burger, I find that In n Out is the best value by far.  There are better burgers, but the quality to price ratio at In n Out has no competition that I've tried.

Full Disclosure, I haven't been there in a while.

Are you people waiting 4 hours for other types of food?

I'm not waiting four hours to eat anything.....yes, anything*

*Sorry dear

I find it really hard to make these comparisons. I absolutely love a double double animal style. But it’s the very specific taste/flavor that I like, so it’s hard for me to say that In N Out burgers are “better.”  It’s simply a different product. It’s sort of like a McDonald’s quarter pounder. It has a very distinctive flavor/taste. And if you like that particular product, it’s hard to compare.

Regarding the fries, I order them crispy (light-well) and it’s a slight improvement. 

Courtjester said:
I know there is a thread about Five Guys and In and Out, but the wonderful search function isn't helping.

So In and Out Burger opened here today and people lost their minds. One guy was camped out since Tuesday. The wait for the drive thru was 3-4 hours all day long--the line was out and down the highway with just hundreds of cars. The wait for inside was 4 hours--WTH? I am going to stand in a line during a pandemic for four hours for a burger?

What am I missing here? It is a burger and something, should I decide I want, I will be able to enter the drive thru and get one in 5-10 minutes probably 45 days from now.
Born and raised in So Cal. I haved lived in exile since 2003. EVERY SINGLE TIME I come and visit the FIRST place I head to is In n Out. It's just a hamburger but it is the best dang hamburger out there and it isn't close. 

Born and raised in So Cal. I haved lived in exile since 2003. EVERY SINGLE TIME I come and visit the FIRST place I head to is In n Out. It's just a hamburger but it is the best dang hamburger out there and it isn't close. 
Wife is from So Cal. First place we go from the airport while visiting is straight to In N Out.  Also the last place we go before getting back on the airplane. 

dkp993 said:
As a born a raised So-Cal guy I’ve eaten In&Out most my life. Wait.  It’s good don’t get me wrong, but it’s fast food good. The best thing about them in my opinion is their consistency.  It’s the same every time I’ve ever been, which is a lot.  Basically it’s fast food done right and with good service.  

I just hope the experience for you isn’t like what Dunkin Donuts was for me. It’s was a massive deal when they finally came out west a few years ago.  Probably like In&Out for those out east, I’d heard about how good it was forever.  Throughly disappointed.  Coffee was just Ok and donuts are below average.   
Dunkin is nothing special for sure (though I don't drink coffee so I can't say if that is good or not.)

My transplant experience was White Castle. People kept talking about it and finally I got it. Basically got one of all their sliders they had and a few of whatever side things they had. 

HORRIBLE. Like bordering on inedible. 

A few months later my truck's battery went out and waiting for AAA to give me a jump I was super hungry and there was one close by. I thought "maybe I got a bad batch or blbad location or something" so, I tried it again. Nope. Threw it out. 

Widwesterners have issues. And by the way, I am not a fast food snob. There are places I prefer over others but White Castle is the only place I refuse to eat hamburgers at. I will say that I ended up trying their breakfast and ot is actually one of the better fast food breakfast put there.

Swinging back, I have heard some people say theu didn't think In n Out was special but I have never heard anyone say they didn't like it. 

Wife is from So Cal. First place we go from the airport while visiting is straight to In N Out.  Also the last place we go before getting back on the airplane. 
Yup... I know the Supulveda Blvd (nearest location to LAX) In n Out so well a friend posted a pic of him eating lunch in front. All you could see was him, the building and the placement of trees..  I replied "Hey, that is the one on Sepulveda isn't it!" He was like "uh.... yea.... how did you know?" 🤣

Maurile Tremblay said:
Back when In-N-Out originally developed a cult following, it was the only really good fast-food burger place.

Now there are a bunch of them (though usually more expensive than In-N-Out). In-N-Out is no longer competing with McDonalds, but with places like Shake Shack. It's still a good burger for a great price, but it's no longer worthy of cult status.
The cult does not approve this post.

Dunkin is nothing special for sure (though I don't drink coffee so I can't say if that is good or not.)

My transplant experience was White Castle. People kept talking about it and finally I got it. Basically got one of all their sliders they had and a few of whatever side things they had. 

A few months later my truck's battery went out and waiting for AAA to give me a jump I was super hungry and there was one close by. I thought "maybe I got a bad batch or blbad location or something" so, I tried it again. Nope. Threw it out. 

Widwesterners have issues. And by the way, I am not a fast food snob. There are places I prefer over others but White Castle is the only place I refuse to eat hamburgers at. I will say that I ended up trying their breakfast and ot is actually one of the better fast food breakfast put there.

Swinging back, I have heard some people say theu didn't think In n Out was special but I have never heard anyone say they didn't like it. 
What you need to do is get you some Portillo's.

3x2 (3 patties, 2 cheese) with raw onions and chopped chilies. Side of fries and chocolate shake. All that is gonna cost 1/2 the price at Shake Shack and tastes better IMO. 

Super Duper Burger is my favorite of the more expensive burger chains.

3x2 (3 patties, 2 cheese) with raw onions and chopped chilies. Side of fries and chocolate shake. All that is gonna cost 1/2 the price at Shake Shack and tastes better IMO. 

Super Duper Burger is my favorite of the more expensive burger chains.
I'd much rather have Five Guys over Shake Shack. The two are right next to each other near where I live. Only thing I don't like about Five Guys is the cost. The cost back when I lived in VA and it was just a local business (to VA) was about half of what it is now. I have no idea why they've hiked prices up so much, but that's my only gripe. That's why I actually like to pick it up better, one big order of fries and burgers, drinks at home. That said, Shake Shack is as expensive and is half the size and not as many options.

It would be nice to have In and Out here, but I doubt that will ever happen. There are plenty of good options around now, which is nice.

I'd much rather have Five Guys over Shake Shack. The two are right next to each other near where I live. Only thing I don't like about Five Guys is the cost. The cost back when I lived in VA and it was just a local business (to VA) was about half of what it is now. I have no idea why they've hiked prices up so much, but that's my only gripe. That's why I actually like to pick it up better, one big order of fries and burgers, drinks at home. That said, Shake Shack is as expensive and is half the size and not as many options.

It would be nice to have In and Out here, but I doubt that will ever happen. There are plenty of good options around now, which is nice.
5 Guys is a soggy burger. It's like a knock-off In-N-Out. 

5 Guys is a soggy burger. It's like a knock-off In-N-Out. 
Soggy? No idea what that even means, but Five Guys is a good burger right up there with any of these good burger places that are level above the fast food chains. I've had amazing restaurant burgers, but haven't had any faster food places where I felt like they were any better than Five Guys.

Yup... I know the Supulveda Blvd (nearest location to LAX) In n Out so well a friend posted a pic of him eating lunch in front. All you could see was him, the building and the placement of trees..  I replied "Hey, that is the one on Sepulveda isn't it!" He was like "uh.... yea.... how did you know?" 🤣
I know (and have been to) that one -- and I live in NJ. 😆

:hey:

Ate at the one at the Linq Promenade on the Las Vegas Strip and wasn't a fan at all. Give me 5guys all day every day. 

AAABatteries said:
Are you people waiting 4 hours for other types of food?

I'm not waiting four hours to eat anything.....yes, anything*

*Sorry dear
I can smoke a rack of ribs in four hours. 

I assume he means greasy. I used to love 5 guys, and probably posted in the 5 guys thread at some point that they were better than In n Out. But I can’t even eat their burgers now. Not sure if that’s because quality changed since they started expanding all over the place, or I’m just old now. Probably more of the latter. (I used to hate In N Out’s fries too, but now appreciate them for the same reason - they aren’t super greasy. Hmm, definitely think I’m just getting old.)

Users who are viewing this thread