Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

In and Out Burger

1 hour ago, thecatch said:

I assume he means greasy. I used to love 5 guys, and probably posted in the 5 guys thread at some point that they were better than In n Out. But I can’t even eat their burgers now. Not sure if that’s because quality changed since they started expanding all over the place, or I’m just old now. Probably more of the latter. (I used to hate In N Out’s fries too, but now appreciate them for the same reason - they aren’t super greasy. Hmm, definitely think I’m just getting old.)

I think that is the the main difference there. Five Guys is not a bad hamburger but it is too greasy for me to be like "wow, this is so good!" My wife can't even eat it because it messes with her entire 'system' so I don't eat it much at all. I mean, it isn't good enough for me to go out of my way to eat it on my own. 

If you like grease- then I can see someone tapping Five Guys over In n Out. Other than that there is absolutely no reason to pick Five Guys over In n Out. None. 

• Like 1
  • Love 1

5 minutes ago, Chadstroma said:

I will wait 15 minutes to drive past a Popeyes and go somewhere else

Popeye's chicken is my favorite fast food fried chicken by far. And their red beans are pretty great for a fast food side.  But their service and consistency is horrendous.  And the popularity of their sandwich has added an air of snottiness to their ineptitude. All of those You Tubers comparing sandwiches should have compared the dichotomy of their service vs. Chik-fil-a.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Ron Swanson said:

Popeye's chicken is my favorite fast food fried chicken by far. And their red beans are pretty great for a fast food side.  But their service and consistency is horrendous.  And the popularity of their sandwich has added an air of snottiness to their ineptitude. All of those You Tubers comparing sandwiches should have compared the dichotomy of their service vs. Chik-fil-a.

I swear that I tried the sandwhich but honestly I can't remember it. Like, I remember 'I have to try this thing with all this hype' but don't actually remember eating it. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Ron Swanson said:

I concur on all points.  Love Popeye's as well but can't stand the sandwich.  Still don't understand the hype.  Something about the batter tastes different than their standard chicken pieces.  Maybe it's the bread as well but I felt like crap after eating one.  Give me a 3 piece with dirty rice and I'm good. 

Edited by Major

6 minutes ago, Mrs. Rannous said:

All this talk of burgers made me want one.  We went to Smash Burger.  Yum.  They even have tater tots, which takes bad fries out of the equation.

My only experience with Smashburger has been in the Philly airport, and it was amazing. Unfortunately the only freestanding location near me closed. 

5 minutes ago, Pip's Invitation said:

My only experience with Smashburger has been in the Philly airport, and it was amazing. Unfortunately the only freestanding location near me closed. 

Smashburger is really really good. I’m lucky, I can walk to the one near me. 

Is there really such a thing as fast food any more? Since the COVID outbreak, I don't care what it is that I pass by, McD, Whataburger, Chik-fil-A, lines for the drivethru are wrapped around the building. And this is with all of them having two lines for ordering. I just drive on by. Ordering ahead from a restaurant and setting a pick-up time is just much easier and is better quality.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, DallasDMac said:

Is there really such a thing as fast food any more? Since the COVID outbreak, I don't care what it is that I pass by, McD, Whataburger, Chik-fil-A, lines for the drivethru are wrapped around the building. And this is with all of them having two lines for ordering. I just drive on by. Ordering ahead from a restaurant and setting a pick-up time is just much easier and is better quality.

In n Out, Chik-Fil-A and Portillo's are three places that always have long lines and always work through them quickly. It usually takes about as long to go through a long line with one of those than a short line pretty much anywhere else and minus the "can you pull ahead and we will bring it out to you" as well on the back end. 

I love in and out but we have a place called volcano burger that blows them all away.  Cheeseburger is $4 and double cheeseburger is $5 so the price is about the same, their fried zucchini is next level. Glad that I only get it when visiting my family or else 🐷

"While we are still in the earliest planning stages, we do anticipate serving Double-Doubles in Boise in the not-too-distant future," said Denny Warnick, vice president of operations. "We’re grateful to hear frequently from loyal customers in Idaho who wish to have their own In-N-Out Burger nearby. Our president, Lynsi Snyder, has given us a five-year goal to turn that thoughtful feedback into reality. We’ll meet that goal, and we’re looking forward to joining the wonderful community there."

:clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:
@jamny

11 hours ago, Getzlaf15 said:

"While we are still in the earliest planning stages, we do anticipate serving Double-Doubles in Boise in the not-too-distant future," said Denny Warnick, vice president of operations. "We’re grateful to hear frequently from loyal customers in Idaho who wish to have their own In-N-Out Burger nearby. Our president, Lynsi Snyder, has given us a five-year goal to turn that thoughtful feedback into reality. We’ll meet that goal, and we’re looking forward to joining the wonderful community there."

:clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:
@jamny

Never had it, so it's not a big deal to me. I'll probably try it but I ain't waitin' hours! Lol

#fiveguys is probably better anyway. 🙂
Besides, it's probably not native Idahoans asking for it...lol

Edited by jamny

On 11/23/2020 at 10:16 PM, bigbottom said:

Smashburger is really really good. I’m lucky, I can walk to the one near me. 

It's good, but I'd take a Five Guys over it any day. Only thing missing is that Smashburger does have crumble blue cheese.

On 11/24/2020 at 10:35 AM, Mrs. Rannous said:

Chick-fil-A.  I know the lines look long, and they are, but they move very swiftly.  It's a study in efficiency.

Chick-Fil-A nuggets have been a reliable meal for our girls so I’ve spent a lot of time during the pandemic in their drive-thru. I’m constantly impressed by how they changed things up to be more efficient and keep the line moving. I wouldn’t be surprised if they keep dine-in closed long term.

51 minutes ago, Biff84 said:

Chick-Fil-A nuggets have been a reliable meal for our girls so I’ve spent a lot of time during the pandemic in their drive-thru. I’m constantly impressed by how they changed things up to be more efficient and keep the line moving. I wouldn’t be surprised if they keep dine-in closed long term.

They better not. One of the few places left with a playground.  Our local one used to have a balloon guy come once a week on family night and make awesome balloons. 

Edited by flapgreen