What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Poll on Taysom Hill Fantasy Position (1 Viewer)

What position do you think Taysom Hill should be listed at on fantasy sites for this week?

• I play in an ESPN league and think he should be listed as a QB

Votes: 30 25.0%
  • I play in an ESPN league and think he should be listed as a TE/QB

Votes: 26 21.7%
  • I don't play in any ESPN leagues, and think he should be listed as a QB

Votes: 54 45.0%
  • I don't play in any ESPN leagues, and think he should be listed as a TE/QB

Votes: 10 8.3%

• Total voters

Deamon

Footballguy
Curious what the numbers look like for people's thoughts on this. 

No need for comments/discussion as there is already a thread here

Well I for one find these results shocking. 

17 people here play in an ESPN league?  :shock:

I am shook. 
Yep and those people's results are skewed, hence why I distinguished between the two. Those for qb are likely just bitter people play against them and those for te/qb are likely those who own him and are starting him. 

The non-espn players are the unaffected and unbiased voters. 

Yep and those people's results are skewed, hence why I distinguished between the two. Those for qb are likely just bitter people play against them and those for te/qb are likely those who own him and are starting him. 

The non-espn players are the unaffected and unbiased voters. 
I barely play in an ESPN league, don't care about it, and think that he should be a QB.

I'm in favor of:

1. Websites sticking with what they said they'd do before the season (especially if they gave a clear statement of how they'd handle this sort of situation)
2. Hill being listed for this week's game at the same position(s) that he was listed at on Tuesday, since it's bad to change player positions after waivers run
3. Hill being listed as a QB, since it looks like that's what he'll be playing this week (and even before the season it looked like that was his main route to fantasy relevance)

In that order, I think (although less sure about 1 vs 2).

nobody is arguing  that he may play some qb this week.... its just that he should still be able to play a position he has been designated at all year....

where was everyone complaining in week 3 or whatever....crickets....if somebody started Hill as TE in week 3 and Brees got hurt on first play and Hill filled in and dropped 35 points should that not count....

being “announced” means nothing right now and is not worthy all of a sudden of a full blown emergency designation change removing the other position tag.....

Hill has been more of a “something else besides QB” heading into this year when the designation was made and has been shown (by his team) to not be a starter or even the backup QB to this point.....

reassessed after this week seems reasonable....

nobody is arguing  that he may play some qb this week.... its just that he should still be able to play a position he has been designated at all year....

where was everyone complaining in week 3 or whatever....crickets....if somebody started Hill as TE in week 3 and Brees got hurt on first play and Hill filled in and dropped 35 points should that not count....

being “announced” means nothing right now and is not worthy all of a sudden of a full blown emergency designation change removing the other position tag.....

Hill has been more of a “something else besides QB” heading into this year when the designation was made and has been shown (by his team) to not be a starter or even the backup QB to this point.....

Lets keep the discussion in the other thread and no go back and forth here too. We've both said our pieces.  Just wanted to see results from people who had no skin in the game (people outside of ESPN leagues).  I tried to make it no comments but just a poll but couldn't. 

It really does. I'm not up in arms about it. It's just the poll asked what we thought his designation should be for the week, and I think he should be designated as a QB. Now Payton has refused to name anybody, so that complicates it a bunch. It's entirely possible for Winston to be taking the majority of the all snaps and this hand-wringing was all for naught.

Interestingly, in the only league where I'd consider starting him, set in flea flicker, he's a QB or WR. 

I have him starting as a flex right now over Diontae Johnson. I might change that. 

All this arguing could look silly when he starts but plays less than half the snaps.

Last edited by a moderator:
As an IDP-er I believe all FF eligibility should be like yahoo. X# of games at that position and they’re eligible, plus whatever they played at last year. 

We have this loophole in IDP all the time where a LB is listed as a DL. So instead of a big guy who’s “sack or bust”, you’re getting 10 tackles out of your DL spot even if dude never plays at DL.

Hill a TE? Smoke em if ya got em, and congrats on a big advantage this week. Maybe he throws 2 picks, fumbles and gets benched for Winston in the 2nd half leaving you with -6 for the day.

but back to my original point, even if ESPN made the change next week, if he’s been a TE all year, it is what it is. Sucks to be the team facing him this week. 

Now I feel like we need to stage an intervention or hold a telethon for the 32 respondents who are in ESPN leagues.

(sad Sarah McLachlan music) “just $.50 a day can help this poor fantasy player migrate his league to a better service... won’t you help?”

🎶 “I willll tememmmber yooooou”

Now I feel like we need to stage an intervention or hold a telethon for the 32 respondents who are in ESPN leagues.

(sad Sarah McLachlan music) “just $.50 a day can help this poor fantasy player migrate his league to a better service... won’t you help?”

:D  

Actually, I feel sorry for those of us who are still PAYING for a service. I'm in a cbs league and every year, when I see the league fee deduction from the $ pool, I'm amazed that we haven't moved elsewhere. Inertia. I'm also in an MFL league and, though the fee is more reasonable, it's still not free like my ESPN league, where I commish and have found perfectly adequate over the years. It handles our auction, our FAAB, etc. And, yes, I did pick up Hill there.  :P

Actually, I feel sorry for those of us who are still PAYING for a service. I'm in a cbs league and every year, when I see the league fee deduction from the $ pool, I'm amazed that we haven't moved elsewhere. Inertia. I'm also in an MFL league and, though the fee is more reasonable, it's still not free like my ESPN league, where I commish and have found perfectly adequate over the years. It handles our auction, our FAAB, etc. And, yes, I did pick up Hill there.  :P
Moving on from MFL is difficult. Yeah it might not be worth the cost but after 18 years together, a couple of kids, a house, a few dogs, you might put up with stuff you wouldn't even you're first starting out.

:oldunsure:

Sounds like a raving review, “perfectly adequate”. 

I can see using ESPN for a free league. But if there is money involved the league fees shouldn’t be an issue. 

Sounds like a raving review, “perfectly adequate”. 

I can see using ESPN for a free league. But if there is money involved the league fees shouldn’t be an issue. 
Skins, I used that phrase because I didn't want to make outlandish claims for ESPN but, I'm curious, what extra over ESPN do we get for our $125-150 to cbs, for example?   

Skins, I used that phrase because I didn't want to make outlandish claims for ESPN but, I'm curious, what extra over ESPN do we get for our $125-150 to cbs, for example?   
CBS interface is far and away the best, they update player status/news feeds frequently, have solid original content, commish tools are excellent & the customer service is pretty solid as well. In a 12-team league with the early bird renewal discount it’s $12 per team.

I’m in an MFL league & it’s incredibly customizable but the interface is kinda meh. 

No one in my league minds paying the extra $12 for CBS. We have a decent league entry fee & a sizable pot. We like that our league history is preserved & its familiar to everyone already. Not everyone in my IDP league was tech savvy when we started 17 years ago, and CBS is a very intuitive interface. 

CBS interface is far and away the best, they update player status/news feeds frequently, have solid original content, commish tools are excellent & the customer service is pretty solid as well. In a 12-team league with the early bird renewal discount it’s $12 per team.

I’m in an MFL league & it’s incredibly customizable but the interface is kinda meh. 

No one in my league minds paying the extra $12 for CBS. We have a decent league entry fee & a sizable pot. We like that our league history is preserved & its familiar to everyone already. Not everyone in my IDP league was tech savvy when we started 17 years ago, and CBS is a very intuitive interface. 
This.

The $12 shouldn't be a barrier for entry except when is a free/almost free league.  And as we are seeing in this Hill case, you get what you pay for.

Thanks Hot Sauce. I've never been a commissioner in a CBS league but, again, ESPN's tools are fine for us. CBS is smart to emphasize and invest in league history. No question that keeps many leagues with them. Nobody wants to "lose our history". 

No question that keeps many leagues with them. Nobody wants to "lose our history". 
A significantly bigger factor was the usability of the interface. MFL you have an app and a browser page & navigation is a little kludgey & one has to be at least a little able to figure it out to learn where everything is. It seems like it was built haphazardly & its got a lot of layers. I worked in IT for years and it even took me a little time to figure out. 

CBS is the Fisher Price of interfaces. Total no-brainer for even the biggest Luddite in my league. And early on we had a few of them.

As commish there’s definitely value in not also having to play tech support because someone constantly needs help with the interface. 

League history is a nice to have, not a must have. 

This.

The $12 shouldn't be a barrier for entry except when is a free/almost free league.  And as we are seeing in this Hill case, you get what you pay for.
I vowed to never use ESPN again after a stat change 2 weeks after the fact turned a W to an L and I missed the playoffs because of it.

Our league commish basically said “stats are ESPN provided, and I don’t do anything to intervene if a stat is changed”.

I've been playing ESPN for 12 years - I'm OK with it, but don't have a lot of experience with other leagues.  I don't want to pay for a league - so what do people think about other free offerings?

I've been playing ESPN for 12 years - I'm OK with it, but don't have a lot of experience with other leagues.  I don't want to pay for a league - so what do people think about other free offerings?
Then you’re in an ESPN vs Yahoo discussion, which is like trying to decide between buying a 1978 Pacer & a 1982 Yugo. 

Interesting, so if you go by that he should be a WR. 
Correct.  TE should never have been in play at all.

Given that he was going to start at QB this week though, the switch should have been made so there wasn't such a huge advantage for those sneaking him in a position he wasn't going to play this week.

Correct.  TE should never have been in play at all.

Given that he was going to start at QB this week though, the switch should have been made so there wasn't such a huge advantage for those sneaking him in a position he wasn't going to play this week.
Changing eligible positions mid year is worse than a team having an advantage.

Yahoo did it.  And ESPN is going to do it next week likely.  So I guess even they don't share your opinion.
:shrug: that's fine and all, and after he plays a full game at a position it makes sense (unless he goes back to receiver). But not before. Jmo of course.

:shrug: that's fine and all, and after he plays a full game at a position it makes sense (unless he goes back to receiver). But not before. Jmo of course.
Why not before when he's announced that he is going to be the STARTING QUARTERBACK?   

And you said you cant change a position mid year at all... but now you're okay with it after he plays one game even though he's been announced as the QB?  Weird POV but you're entitled to it.

Quite clear all the ESPN people are voting in self interest one way or another.  45-8 is pretty damning.  He should be a QB.
Or maybe people in ESPN leagues simply think that ESPN shouldn't change a position designation in the middle of the week after it had already been listed as such for the entire season.

You'll note that the Pole says "this week".

Or maybe people in ESPN leagues simply think that ESPN shouldn't change a position designation in the middle of the week after it had already been listed as such for the entire season.

You'll note that the Pole says "this week".
I'm willing to bet most of those espn voters either are starting him or are against him.

The difference is staggering in those that have no skin in the game.

Why not before when he's announced that he is going to be the STARTING QUARTERBACK?   

And you said you cant change a position mid year at all... but now you're okay with it after he plays one game even though he's been announced as the QB?  Weird POV but you're entitled to it.
I said it's worse than a team having an advantage :shrug:

I care far more what happens on the field than what the coach says. Now, as he's taken the bulk of his snaps at the position, go ahead and change it if that's the league's rules.

I said it's worse than a team having an advantage :shrug:

I care far more what happens on the field than what the coach says. Now, as he's taken the bulk of his snaps at the position, go ahead and change it if that's the league's rules.
It was clear all week that he was going to be the starting QB.  If you're okay with swapping his position after this week, should have been before.

Either way it's all irrelevant.  Whether they should have had him as a QB all year or swapped it this week, the bonehead move by ESPN which is the only major site that allowed this, just gifted a lot of free wins based on a silly technicality.  

Users who are viewing this thread