What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

**Atlanta at New Orleans -3.5 (49)** (1 Viewer)

Ministry of Pain

Footballguy
I have a feeling and it seems like a lot of folks who are betting do as well, feels like a day the Saints take a step back...perhaps. This line opened at 7, then Winston was named the back up. Hill at QB, has he really only thrown 18 passes over his 3 year career? That seems right backing up Brees and never starting a game at QB...rumors run rampant that Sean Payton thinks this is his future QB, I've never seen anything so far that would lead me to believe that. Kamara owner and I'm scared to death this kid under center today. 

Atlanta 27...New Orleans 20 

I'm going with the upset today. 

Agree with you Ministry,whether it was Winston or Hill I like the points and Falcons here.

Falcons-31...Saints-23

Hoping a big Falcons day...rolling with Ridley and Hurst (but Gurley on the pine for Damian Harris)

The Falcons have often given the Saints fits even when Brees was playing -- the 7-1 Saints had no business getting housed at home last season by the 1-7 Falcons, but they did.

Saints starting CB Marshon Lattimore was declared "out" this morning. Patrick Robinson takes his place.

The Saints under Sean Payton typically play much better in "circle the wagons" type games where less is expected of them. Even without Lattimore, I think the Saints defense and special teams does plenty enough to support Taysom Hill and the offense today. The Saints won't run away and hide on the scoreboard like they did at Tampa, but I see this as a comfortable two-score game with the Saints up late in the fourth quarter. The Falcons might score very late to draw within a score, but that's as close as I can see them coming today.

Kamara owners might need to look elsewhere the rest of the season if this keeps up. 

What a nightmare, you manage to avoid the injury bug of so many other Top5 RB selections but Brees down render hims useless. 

I guess I’m dumb about football — Hill’s performance so far is surprising me a lot. Maybe Hill is pressing too much, but so far he looks he doesn’t belong.

I wasn’t expecting a Kurt Warner story, but yeesh. That throw into the ground on that last second down when Emmanuel Sanders was open in the flat ... can’t do that in the NFL.

I guess I’m dumb about football — Hill’s performance so far is surprising me a lot. Maybe Hill is pressing too much, but so far he looks he doesn’t belong.

I wasn’t expecting a Kurt Warner story, but yeesh. That throw into the ground on that last second down when Emmanuel Sanders was open in the flat ... can’t do that in the NFL.
Not sure about that.  If Thomas didn’t drop that one right through his hands or that last third down were better, things would be different.  I don’t think his passing looks too bad.  Not understanding some of the playcalling

Not sure about that.  If Thomas didn’t drop that one right through his hands or that last third down were better, things would be different.  I don’t think his passing looks too bad.  Not understanding some of the playcalling
Well. 8-12 so far in passing ... that’s respectable on paper, at least.

Report from the sidelines -- tightness in Julio Jones' hamstring. Saw him jogging hard in place on the sidelines.

Dammit. I know he'll try to fight through it but that's not good for us Jones' owners depending on him. Likely could be a decoy rest of game.

No deal I am seeing - not dinged or anything, opportunity in coverage is elsewhere. Ryan spreading it out. Saints are doing a good job in coverage.

Expecting more in the 2nd half for Julio.
Schefter tweeted out at about 2 EST that Julio was headed to the blue tent.

Edit: I’m slow

Last edited by a moderator:
His "injuries" are starting to get ridiculous. Coming off a bye, no real action and hurt again. I don't think I can stomach ever drafting him again. 
Has had a chronic prob with that hamstring all year. Agree, it sucks.

Julio does play through injury, and has had history of excelling even if dinged.

Also has history of disappearing this year as a decoy when dinged.

So...agree -- next year I am avoiding WRs with chronic soft tissue issues, even if they are flat out studs.

Users who are viewing this thread